• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm      

• PREMIERSHIP Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm      

CHANGES: Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide

I think we'll see a much better BB this time around after a good training block and a few games in the 2s

Will LJ or T Mac make way?  I doubt it. We'll be going tall.  No rain forecast so let's do it

1 hour ago, godees said:

Apparently Hinkley has said Butters and Clurey will come in for them and Boak will play. They won’t be far off full strength. Big test for us

Big Test for Port you mean.

Yay. Now we have a tall forward target who can stay anchored to the forward 50. Not only that, but a proven goal kicker over many years. 

Let’s see how our forward line functions with Brown and TMac as the two talls, Fritsch as the mid size, and Pickett, Spargo, ANB as smalls, and Trac etc rotating through. This in theory should be our ideal forward structure heading into finals. Make it work!

• Like 3

I don't view this as the cure-all. But surely Brown being called up was required after the last three weeks where our forward structure has been abysmal. 

Give him 5 weeks minimum. The amount of time given to him last time was much too short, and his dropping much too hasty.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So we go taller and I think Sparrow or Spargo makes way or both. I hope at least 2 changes. I think Melksham needs to come in.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

All of this makes a lot of sense.....If this were the case why did we finish full of run in the last quarter and not the first 3?  Something is not quite adding up with Melbourne atm.  I believe it is more a mindset thing.   

We didn't (finish full of run in the last quarter).

We played with more intensity but still looked well gassed in the last quarter. 

• Thanks 1

Port missing Robbie Gray, Fantasia, Farrell, Rockcliff and Duursma.

They'd be mad to rush Butters back, either way he will be well off 100%.

Port will be a worry come finals time if they get all these guys back but right now, they are beatable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

I don't view this as the cure-all. But surely Brown being called up was required after the last three weeks where our forward structure has been abysmal. 

Give him 5 weeks minimum. The amount of time given to him last time was much too short, and his dropping much too hasty.

Cause or effect? Was his low game time because the coaches didn't give him time or because he didn't have the fitness coming back from injury?

Given we sent him for a mini preseason it would suggest the later?

I'm happy that BB has been named, because more of the same expecting a different result would have made my head explode. 

BUT - I can't really figure it out. Kick 5 in the VFL - don't get a game. Kick NONE and get a game?

I didn't see Casey on the weekend but maybe someone can explain if he was ultra impressive playing "a role"?

Either way, hope he has a blinder.

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I'm happy that BB has been named, because more of the same expecting a different result would have made my head explode. 

BUT - I can't really figure it out. Kick 5 in the VFL - don't get a game. Kick NONE and get a game?

I didn't see Casey on the weekend but maybe someone can explain if he was ultra impressive playing "a role"?

Goodwin explained that he was on limited minutes because of the five day break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

Wouldn't say he had a blinder.

Only had three possessions. And no score.

To be fair he only played about 10 minutes by the sound of it as they rested him (having not known the Port game would only be in 4 days when they selected him to pay with Casey)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

Goodwin explained that he was on limited minutes because of the five day break.

6 minutes ago, binman said:

Wouldn't say he had a blinder.

Only had three possessions. And no score.

To be fair he only played about 10 minutes by the sound of it as they rested him (having not known the Port game would only be in 4 days when they selected him to pay with Casey)

Cheers - so he is in on form from the week prior...if I'm following correctly

Edited by Tricky

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Port missing Robbie Gray, Fantasia, Farrell, Rockcliff and Duursma.

They'd be mad to rush Butters back, either way he will be well off 100%.

Port will be a worry come finals time if they get all these guys back but right now, they are beatable

Media saying Butters and Clurey back.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I like Jackson but how do you best utilise he and Gawn when our forward line is struggling to kick 8-9 goals a game.

Forward entries have to improve, not so simple as it sounds but that is what has to happen

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

From what Goodwin said - "he has put together a good block of form" - his selection also reflects form at training as well as that one VFL game.

And on the matter of "the body" Goodwin added that BBB has built his body to the point that he has confidence in it, implying that was a hindrance early in the season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I think after the GWS game they decided they needed a tall forward for PA, so picked Brown as the one to play part game time for Casey and stay rested.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

From what Goodwin said - "he has put together a good block of form" - his selection also reflects form at training as well as that one VFL game.

And on the matter of "the body" Goodwin added that BBB has built his body to the point that he has confidence in it, implying that was a hindrance early in the season.

3 minutes ago, deanox said:

I think after the GWS game they decided they needed a tall forward for PA, so picked Brown as the one to play part game time for Casey and stay rested.

Thanks - seems logical enough...albeit delayed (just my opinion). Let's hope it works 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

I don't understand all the miserable sods on here. Our average losing margin is 9pts FFS and we're 2/3 into a season 2nd on the ladder.

I think this might be Burgo's final gift to the club, the Malcolm Blight inspired mini pre season within the season. 

Goody lived it in 97 and 98, could be onto something here Bin.

Suggest you re read that single line 

misery not included

There is just one change.  Ben Brown in for Tom Sparrow.

Must say that I am really surprised that rather than give Sparrow a rest OR a confidence boosting run at Casey, the "brains trust" has elected to take him to Adelaide along with Jake Melksham as the 2 extras.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, goodwindees said:

There is just one change.  Ben Brown in for Tom Sparrow.

Must say that I am really surprised that rather than give Sparrow a rest OR a confidence boosting run at Casey, the "brains trust" has elected to take him to Adelaide along with Jake Melksham as the 2 extras.

Casey playing Sat - will be able to travel to Adelaide with the team, and still play for Casey 

• Like 3