Jump to content

  • Podcast: Grand Final Preview      

  • Podcast: Gary Pert Interview & Grand Final Preview      

TICKETING: Rd 15 vs Essendon


Kent
 Share


Recommended Posts

This is truly becoming a joke. Just utter madness. 20%. Why even bother trying to get a ticket. I'm AFL Members so maybe I'll get one?

Edited by praha
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, praha said:

This is truly becoming a joke. Just utter madness. 20%. Why even bother trying to get a ticket. I'm AFL Members so maybe I'll get one?

AFL member here too so am hopeful but essendin have a large number of AFL members and they'll be up and about after beating the Eagles in Perth and Hawks on the weekend. Will be spewing if I can't get in, 20% is just plain stupid - just make it 50% for Christ's sake there's basically no covid in Victoria at the moment

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

AFL member here too so am hopeful but essendin have a large number of AFL members and they'll be up and about after beating the Eagles in Perth and Hawks on the weekend. Will be spewing if I can't get in, 20% is just plain stupid - just make it 50% for Christ's sake there's basically no covid in Victoria at the moment

Watching from afar the thing I find bizarre is that they have reduced capacity but then jam people into smaller areas. Surely if reduced capacity is to avoid a spreading event the smarter way to go would be to spread fans and have them in separated areas to promote social distancing. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pates said:

Watching from afar the thing I find bizarre is that they have reduced capacity but then jam people into smaller areas. Surely if reduced capacity is to avoid a spreading event the smarter way to go would be to spread fans and have them in separated areas to promote social distancing. 

Nah have to keep costs down ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've followed regional VIC in pretty much every step out of lock down 4.

Therefore, I can't see how they'll allow anything more than 20% this weekend which was what they had for Geelong V Dogs last Friday night.

Next week V GWS, I'm sure they'll allow 50% if we continue this positive trend of 0 cases or 1 linked case a day.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We've followed regional VIC in pretty much every step out of lock down 4.

Therefore, I can't see how they'll allow anything more than 20% this weekend which was what they had for Geelong V Dogs last Friday night.

Next week V GWS, I'm sure they'll allow 50% if we continue this positive trend of 0 cases or 1 linked case a day.

 

 

lol.....you are making a big assumption that there is logic involved here.....however you are probably right in your conclusion

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Sounds like a definite maybe then. 

? yes, no, maybe, I don’t know, can you repeat the question… ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

https://twitter.com/cstanaway/status/1407122975128621059?s=20

Clint Stanaway indicating crowd capacity could be as high as 50%.

Nothing new here. All of these journos claiming to know anything are just setting a wide range for social media klout. They can't be wrong if they say "as high as" or "between" and then set a wide range. We all know it'll be less than 50% but above 20%. This government has form when it comes to arbitrary benchmarks so they'll probably set it at 29.879% and claim the supercomputer spat out that number. 

Footy crowds seem quite triviap next to announcements for weddings and funerals. What is someone supposed to do on a Wednesday for a Saturday wedding if numbers are bumped up? Why not announce it on Sunday to allow a full 5 weekdays for businesses and people to prepare? The argument that a jump in cases could then lead to a change again is irrelevant because that's the case regardless of when the announcement is made. The government is simply playing politics here, an effort in minimising perception damage. ie if they announce on Sunday that weddings can have more people and footy can have more people but then need to tighten up again due to more cases, they look bad. But if they announce it two days before on Weds or Thurs, there's less chance they'll look bad. It's pathetic.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, praha said:

Nothing new here. All of these journos claiming to know anything are just setting a wide range for social media klout. They can't be wrong if they say "as high as" or "between" and then set a wide range. We all know it'll be less than 50% but above 20%. This government has form when it comes to arbitrary benchmarks so they'll probably set it at 29.879% and claim the supercomputer spat out that number. 

Footy crowds seem quite triviap next to announcements for weddings and funerals. What is someone supposed to do on a Wednesday for a Saturday wedding if numbers are bumped up? Why not announce it on Sunday to allow a full 5 weekdays for businesses and people to prepare? The argument that a jump in cases could then lead to a change again is irrelevant because that's the case regardless of when the announcement is made. The government is simply playing politics here, an effort in minimising perception damage. ie if they announce on Sunday that weddings can have more people and footy can have more people but then need to tighten up again due to more cases, they look bad. But if they announce it two days before on Weds or Thurs, there's less chance they'll look bad. It's pathetic.

While I really feel for the couples who have their weddings postponed, on the flip side, for many it could be viewed as a stay of execution.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

While I really feel for the couples who have their weddings postponed, on the flip side, for many it could be viewed as a stay of execution.

touche

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, praha said:

Nothing new here. All of these journos claiming to know anything are just setting a wide range for social media klout. They can't be wrong if they say "as high as" or "between" and then set a wide range. We all know it'll be less than 50% but above 20%. This government has form when it comes to arbitrary benchmarks so they'll probably set it at 29.879% and claim the supercomputer spat out that number. 

Footy crowds seem quite triviap next to announcements for weddings and funerals. What is someone supposed to do on a Wednesday for a Saturday wedding if numbers are bumped up? Why not announce it on Sunday to allow a full 5 weekdays for businesses and people to prepare? The argument that a jump in cases could then lead to a change again is irrelevant because that's the case regardless of when the announcement is made. The government is simply playing politics here, an effort in minimising perception damage. ie if they announce on Sunday that weddings can have more people and footy can have more people but then need to tighten up again due to more cases, they look bad. But if they announce it two days before on Weds or Thurs, there's less chance they'll look bad. It's pathetic.

Journalists guess because they have to fill space. I doubt he has any better indication than us. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, praha said:

Nothing new here. All of these journos claiming to know anything are just setting a wide range for social media klout. They can't be wrong if they say "as high as" or "between" and then set a wide range. We all know it'll be less than 50% but above 20%. This government has form when it comes to arbitrary benchmarks so they'll probably set it at 29.879% and claim the supercomputer spat out that number. 

Footy crowds seem quite triviap next to announcements for weddings and funerals. What is someone supposed to do on a Wednesday for a Saturday wedding if numbers are bumped up? Why not announce it on Sunday to allow a full 5 weekdays for businesses and people to prepare? The argument that a jump in cases could then lead to a change again is irrelevant because that's the case regardless of when the announcement is made. The government is simply playing politics here, an effort in minimising perception damage. ie if they announce on Sunday that weddings can have more people and footy can have more people but then need to tighten up again due to more cases, they look bad. But if they announce it two days before on Weds or Thurs, there's less chance they'll look bad. It's pathetic.

100% correct.

Just as funerals can't be postponed, weddings can't be changed at the drop of a hat. For most people weddings are planned a year or more in advance. To make an announcement on a Wednesday is literally no help to couples due to get married 3 or 4 days later. It takes a lot longer than that for venues, vendors and guests to be organised. 

And lets not mention the fact that we as Victorians can go to New Zealand tomorrow, but Queensland won't let me in. What a total joke.

A bunch of nervous nellies. I bet NSW doesn't go into lockdown and still manage to run their latest outbreak to ground without total panic, because their government is not run by a bunch of bed wetting losers. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jaded said:

100% correct.

Just as funerals can't be postponed, weddings can't be changed at the drop of a hat. For most people weddings are planned a year or more in advance. To make an announcement on a Wednesday is literally no help to couples due to get married 3 or 4 days later. It takes a lot longer than that for venues, vendors and guests to be organised. 

And lets not mention the fact that we as Victorians can go to New Zealand tomorrow, but Queensland won't let me in. What a total joke.

A bunch of nervous nellies. I bet NSW doesn't go into lockdown and still manage to run their latest outbreak to ground without total panic, because their government is not run by a bunch of bed wetting losers. 

 

I have friends whose daughter's wedding was first March 20, then July 20 then Oct 20 now Oct 21. They first 2 cost them a little in $ terms and last one was a big $ loss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, old dee said:

I have friends whose daughter's wedding was first March 20, then July 20 then Oct 20 now Oct 21. They first 2 cost them a little in $ terms and last one was a big $ loss. 

Elope!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Essendon’s home game so they’ll get most tix.

Most likely something like 

15k Bombers supporters 

5k Melbourne

5k AFL MCC Corporate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Essendon’s home game so they’ll get most tix.

Most likely something like 

15k Bombers supporters 

5k Melbourne

5k AFL MCC Corporate

Going to be fun trying to get a ticket if those numbers are true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE ICING ON THE QUAKE by Whispering Jack

    It’s not Christmas yet but if the Melbourne wins its last game of the 2021 season, then many of its fans will be celebrating early. There already are some parts of our town where the pending festivity is preordained. Houses are decked out with red and blue banners and streamers, some of which appeared as early as last Saturday week, on the morning after the Demons’ magnificent 83-point crushing of Geelong in their preliminary final at Optus Stadium. While it’s great to see the numbers of lo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...