Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

51 minutes ago, loges said:

Someone needs to get hold of him and tell him to stop trying to chip the ball through the goals, he does it every time with his set shots. kick it like you're 50 meters out son FFS

This. Oliver needs some serious goal kicking coaching from Mark Williams

Yes we looked tired after a 10 day break, let’s hope that after this 14 day break we are less tired and come out firing! Not sure about the fatigue factor, it’s all above the shoulders. Gee we need to have a forensic examination of our centre bounce setups and our lack of clearances at stoppages. 

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Jaded said:

Call in sick. Best thing about COVID is nobody expects or wants you in the office if you so much as sneeze. 
Plus a COVID test is way better than talking to anyone about how we lost to Collingwood. 

I would really like to Jaded and I probably would if the office support person didn’t go to so much trouble to do a belated birthday cake thing for me tomorrow. I’ve even got my Covid ‘candle blowing out’ process rehearsed by taking a big magazine to fan out the candle flames in a healthy way. 

Wow, that really is a pathetic post QBH day now that I think about it. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Tom McDonald was no better than Weid. What's his excuse? Neither was Fritsch.

Our forward line function was off and that means it was a team issue as much as it was any individual. 

Whilst I agree with the second line, I can't agree at all with the first.

Fritsch had 18 pressure acts for the game (our 5th highest), and TMac was one behind on 17.

Weideman had 2.

Both TMac and Fritsch worked hard to try to make something happen both up the ground and inside 50. All three struggled to get involved aerially but Weid was the only one who then failed to do anything to follow that up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Hugely different circumstances.

We've just lost our NT sponsored game and then an MCG Queen's Birthday crowd.

They stand to lose...what...25,000 at GMHBA against the Dogs?

And how are the two clubs going financially? We may be unassisted but we also rely on that sold game to the NT to get there.

You're not comparing apples with apples.

$25k? They make half a million a game down there don't they?

The fact is we had the option of playing at the G and we didn't - as a player I'd be pretty annoyed with that. The only thing the club should be worried about at this stage is looking after the players and banking 4 points.

To be frank - I don't think either team played an exceptional game of footy.

For us, there felt very limited midfield pressure. I've been a very big believer of Weidmann, but tonight was woeful for our forwards. 

Shame - we've now lost to my two most hated teams. Time to cop some stiff banter...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

$25k? They make half a million a game down there don't they?

The fact is we had the option of playing at the G and we didn't - as a player I'd be pretty annoyed with that. The only thing the club should be worried about at this stage is looking after the players and banking 4 points.

Did we?

I'm not sure that for this round the AFL gave us the MCG as an option. It wasn't explicit in the press releases or reporting in the same way it was today with the Geelong game.

When I said 25,000 I meant the crowd. I have no idea what they make from it but it sure as hell isn't the $1.5M we've lost from our two games.

I'm clearly no expert but on the subject of Geelong making the decision to play without fans next week virtually the entire ground is made up of paid up members with reserved seats so having bums on them would make no difference in a financial sense. Of course they would lose out on things like catering and corporate activities planned for the game but that could be offset by additional advertising draped over those empty seats for prime time Friday night tv exposure. 

Edited by Rab D Nesbitt

Regarding the choice of the SCG as the ground, maybe it doesn’t suit us (it certainly didn’t appear to watching on the telly) but it was the same dimensions for both teams. If we’re seriously wanting to contend then it needs to be anytime and anywhere. It was the best choice to get a decent crowd in for the Big Freeze which is more important than the game itself. 

We can also be a seriously quick team when we want to, but the players didn’t seem to use that. There was a distinct lack of energy from all the players and I don’t buy any tiredness excuse when they had 10 days break. The attitudes were reminiscent of 2019 where they just went at 50% for most of the game and didn’t give everything on second efforts. Meanwhile the pies brought the energy for Bucks and gave him a fond farewell. Sickening. 

We’ve got a tone of work to do make sure we aren’t another team that fades to obscurity after the bye. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I'm clearly no expert but on the subject of Geelong making the decision to play without fans next week virtually the entire ground is made up of paid up members with reserved seats so having bums on them would make no difference in a financial sense. Of course they would lose out on things like catering and corporate activities planned for the game but that could be offset by additional advertising draped over those empty seats for prime time Friday night tv exposure. 

My guess is that if the game is at say half capacity and the members get first crack at tickets you may well be right that they would gain little financially. We are easily taking the biggest financial hit from all the clubs with bad luck regarding crowds/COVID this season (so far). 

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT do you want another forward with zero pressure acts?? Petty reverted back to his heartbreaking ways, dont think we can challenge with him in the side just not up to it! With Lever needing to go to his opponent who was creating mayhem meant lost rebound. Weeds cactus in my book also

GOODY has some thinking to do! 

You thought too long about this. I was just stating how Melksham was there when we were winning. 

But now I'm here, Goodwin wasn't the one out there giving a mediocre performance. Big Freeze game against the old enemy, the big push into the break. And I thought we had Choco and Yze in our corner pulling all the strings, sprinkling the magic. 

The lads just weren't on today and that has to come down to the playing group, the leadership group. For Collingwoods sake, Buckley should resign every week. Give the pies a "psych, just kidding lads. I'm sticking around for another game."

Nah, heads have to roll, everyone has to know their position is on the line, everyone is replaceable.

Selfish football was back at MFC.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Fritsch had 18 pressure acts for the game (our 5th highest), and TMac was one behind on 17.

Weideman had 2.

Both TMac and Fritsch worked hard to try to make something happen both up the ground and inside 50. All three struggled to get involved aerially but Weid was the only one who then failed to do anything to follow that up.

We got smashed in centre clearances x 5 , clearance x10  marks inside 50 x 9 & tackle x 10 plus tackles inside fwd 50 x 10

3 minutes ago, Youngwilliam said:

Selfish football was back at MFC.

It definitely was, it’s an absolute cliche but our success has been built on playing for each other. There was none of that today, it was a lot of players trying to do too much on their own rather than give the ball off to teammates in better positions, and it was coming from a lot of our “stars”. Hell even when Langdon kicked that goal at the end to take us inside two kicks with 3 and a half to go there was absolutely no players getting around him or revving each other up. We looked beaten but the siren hadn’t gone. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Weideman had 2.

Average pressure acts for all MFC players today, 13 each.

Edited by John Crow Batty

Reality is they just come off beating 2x top 4 teams and maintained intensity for 12 weeks to be 11-1 … they will have bumps along the way and unfortunately every loss we have the falling of the cliff scenario appears us mfc supporters as we have history. They lost to the crows playing and went back to their best against the dogs & lions, let’s cut them some slack for now.

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Pates said:

It definitely was, it’s an absolute cliche but our success has been built on playing for each other. There was none of that today, it was a lot of players trying to do too much on their own rather than give the ball off to teammates in better positions, and it was coming from a lot of our “stars”. Hell even when Langdon kicked that goal at the end to take us inside two kicks with 3 and a half to go there was absolutely no players getting around him or revving each other up. We looked beaten but the siren hadn’t gone. 

And think the coaches will have a heart to heart with Kozzie in the game review. A bit too much flying for spekies, giving away frees and then that dribble goal attempt in the last when he had an option on the outside. He will learn from it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pates said:

My guess is that if the game is at say half capacity and the members get first crack at tickets you may well be right that they would gain little financially. We are easily taking the biggest financial hit from all the clubs with bad luck regarding crowds/COVID this season (so far). 

Hi Pates. The thing with Kardinia Park is that demand outstrips supply down there so they are guaranteed 40,000 full season ticket holders with reserved seats year after year. As a product it also helps that they pretty much know what they're going to get for their money. Anyone that doesn't renew falls to the back of the waiting list. The money is already banked whether the ground is empty or full on any given weekend. 

We however play in a cavernous coliseum that's double the size of our membership who are offered the footballing equivalent of a mystery flight every week. 

• Like 1

We had a real reek of trying to do too much today 

What was with Oliver trying to take on every tackler?

Tracc trying to do a miraculous kick ever 2nd kick 

Kozzi trying the take on 5 players at once

There is a lot of arrogance at times about this side that just infuriates me. Just do the simple things. 

• Like 2

I think Kozzy is really off at the moment. Has been for a few rounds, barring occasional moments of brilliance (with carry their usual redemptive qualities). That play where he ran too far was obviously indicative of a kid still finding his composure in the game, but man, it was hard to watch. Really selfish football. His set shot is really suss too. 

We know he’ll only improve from here and it’s extremely exciting, but sometimes I get the feeling his head is a bit in front of his mind, out there. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 2

It was their first 4 quarter game all season.

4 quarters of crap.

Playing like millionaires, they've completely forgotten how they played to get where they are. Completely lost their synergy. Didn't play as a group at all. Gawn was off in la la land for the first half.

This is Goodwins big test. Clearly our worst game for the year. Does he [censored] them on the track? Give them a rest?

At least they go to the break knowing they are a long way off a flag yet.

What's with Kozzie zigging and zagging, dancing and prancing, goose stepping after goose stepping. Kick the fu$%^ing ball or get rid of it!!! Did my bloody head in today. And don't dribble it along the ground when there's opponents in the goal square. Use your head and keep your feet. No point being fast if you're on the ground! This is your personal rocket!

• Love 1