Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

COVID & AFL 2021

Demonland

18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

They just said on the news Geelong will be met by police, taken to be tested and then told to isolate until they return a negative test result.

NSW may have done SFA for too long, but WA is another level of hysteria altogether. Absolute clowns. 

Has it effected your life much.

As a result of WA’s tough border policy we have lead a pretty normal life since last June. Businesses not as badly interrupted as our eastern states counterparts.

We have been able to attend community footy, kids have gone to school uninterrupted for the best part and played near enough to a full season of sport last year.

I think I know which policy I’d prefer to live with 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Just now, Pennant St Dee said:

As a result of WA’s tough border policy we have lead a pretty normal life since last June. Businesses not as badly interrupted as our eastern states counterparts.

We have been able to attend community footy, kids have gone to school uninterrupted for the best part and played near enough to a full season of sport last year.

Must be nice to live in an isolated state that enjoys the perks of GST revenue and takes a tiny quota of returned travellers.

Enjoy your freedom and thanks for your contribution to Australia. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Same in Tasmania. Zero complaints from me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Must be nice to live in an isolated state that enjoys the perks of GST revenue and takes a tiny quota of returned travellers.

Enjoy your freedom and thanks for your contribution to Australia. 

Yeah, we don’t have any resources in WA, that could possibly generate any foreign export.

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Jara said:

So the removalists came from a hot zone,worked all day in a crowded apartment block not wearing masks, refused to give travel details, roamed all over the place etc

Jail the ba#&@ds and bankrupt the company.

6 months in Jail

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Yeah, we don’t have any resources in WA, that could possibly generate any foreign export.

?

And you’re not at all reliant on people coming from other states and countries to get those resources? 

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

And you’re not at all reliant on people coming from other states and countries to get those resources? 

And your point is, 

Are you saying those of us who have set up home in WA just take money in the form of GST from those in the eastern states without contributing.

Being isolated has helped that’s true but our tough border policy has been a godsend during this pandemic.

• Like 3

And I thought it was only Richmond fans that turned on each other!

It's the virus we need to be angry about, despite how we think people behaved, and regardless of only getting select information via the sensationalist media.

We in Vic were in a similar situation to NSW only a year ago, and the virus leaked to other states

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

Quite.  This is the second thread near the top of page one that has turned snarky.

I think we all need some football and the sooner the better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

And your point is, 

Are you saying those of us who have set up home in WA just take money in the form of GST from those in the eastern states without contributing.

Being isolated has helped that’s true but our tough border policy has been a godsend during this pandemic.

I’m saying that unless you live in a high density state surrounded by other high density states in close proximity with many busy border communities, and take a lot of international arrivals, it’s very easy to say how great your strict border control has been. 
Some of us don’t have that luxury and with all due respect to WA while their premier says he doesn’t care about the rest of Australia, the GDP of Victoria and NSW absolutely keeps this country afloat far more than WA does. 

How nice for Mark to yell shut the borders every 3 minutes and have it impact precisely nobody. 

• Like 1

The Delta variant is a different beast no doubt. No country in the world has been able to stop its spread.

Will Australia be the first ... who knows

Today's Victorian outbreak appears at first glance to be manageable but if the football attendee came and went on the train and went to Young and Jacksons, the dots may be well and truly joined.

Perhaps I'll watch Groundhog Day tonight.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I’m saying that unless you live in a high density state surrounded by other high density states in close proximity with many busy border communities, and take a lot of international arrivals, it’s very easy to say how great your strict border control has been. 
Some of us don’t have that luxury and with all due respect to WA while their premier says he doesn’t care about the rest of Australia, the GDP of Victoria and NSW absolutely keeps this country afloat far more than WA does. 

How nice for Mark to yell shut the borders every 3 minutes and have it impact precisely nobody. 

Yes it's been politics 101 by Mcgowan, who I'm not a supporter of and easy enough for him to do.

But lets not forget we as a state contribute a very large piece of the nations exports, far above the % of population we have.

My point is I know which outcome I have preferred when given the choices. I have a large family in Europe and have seen the impact it has had on them economically and their mental health, so from my perspective if borders need to be shut so be it

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

It's the virus we need to be angry about, despite how we think people behaved, and regardless of only getting select information via the sensationalist media.

We in Vic were in a similar situation to NSW only a year ago, and the virus leaked to other states

Sure, get angry about the virus - but I get just as angry about my fellow citizens who refuse to take it seriously. Whenever I go on the train there's a few people in the carriage not wearing masks. So many of the venues and stores I go to are slack about making visitors use QR codes. The Murdoch scumbags rail against the Premier for implementing life-saving lockdowns.

My wife is an emergency department nurse. As one of her colleagues commented to her recently, we've spent the past 18 months putting our lives at risk and clomping around in this cumbersome PPC gear which makes even going to the toilet a chore - all because a few selfish morons can't be arsed following basic health regulations.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Well I am in m15 this weekend but alas I won't be there and nor will any of you because we will be banned from going to the footy. I have had this covid up to my cake hole cheeks.?

• Sad 1

I need to get something off my chest. It probably won’t be well-received so I apologise in advance. 
I just don’t understand all the commotion about getting the Swans and Giants players’ families over here as a “priority” as Gill put it. Of course I understand that it’s better to keep families together, but it shouldn’t be treated as an issue of uber importance. As far as reasons for separating family members go, a footballer on a not too shabby salary living in another state of the same country for a maximum of a couple of months is not the worst. 
Maybe I’m just bitter because I was stranded overseas for seven months last year meaning my 16yo son who has Asperger’s had to just make do with not having me at home. 
I’m sorta sick of hearing entitled people whinge about something that’s not really all that bad. Anyways, that’s my heartfelt opinion. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Well I am in m15 this weekend but alas I won't be there and nor will any of you because we will be banned from going to the footy. I have had this covid up to my cake hole cheeks.?

except you haven't had covid yet.......be grateful

people need to look at the BIG picture. we have done extremely well in australia (touch wood) comparatively

we all need to stop the finger pointing, hate and politics ......... and get [censored] vaccinated 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

except you haven't had covid yet.......be grateful

people need to look at the BIG picture. we have done extremely well in australia (touch wood) comparatively

we all need to stop the finger pointing, hate and politics ......... and get [censored] vaccinated 

Right now DC most people cannot if they wanted to. 

• Like 1

Just now, old dee said:

Right now DC most people cannot if they wanted to. 

rubbish.....vaccination centres have plenty of az.......they are not fully utilised and haven't been for a while

3 of the family that got it from the removalist were over 60 and not vaccinated

people's understanding of risk management is woeful and cavalier

• Like 7

Haven’t seen my Mum (who lives in Perth) since 2019.

Due to fly out in 2 weeks time (had to reschedule a flight from June) and that’s probably not going to happen now…

Made a decision that I’ll fly over every other year to go see a Dees game with her at Optus when we sort Corona out (hopefully).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

Haven’t seen my Mum (who lives in Perth) since 2019.

Due to fly out in 2 weeks time (had to reschedule a flight from June) and that’s probably not going to happen now…

Made a decision that I’ll fly over every other year to go see a Dees game with her at Optus when we sort Corona out (hopefully).

That is a good reason to try OMD but who would book a flight to WA they close the border while you in the air and then make you quarantine for two weeks. 
I doubt I will ever travel to WA again, just too hard.

28 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

rubbish.....vaccination centres have plenty of az.......they are not fully utilised and haven't been for a while

3 of the family that got it from the removalist were over 60 and not vaccinated

people's understanding of risk management is woeful and cavalier

I hope it lasts till 30/7 dc. Simple problem in Australia not enough people have died. In the Uk/ USA everyone knows of someone who has died. They are not worried about a very long chance of having a problem. Because they know what is worse.