Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

COVID & AFL 2021

Demonland

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Hardly surprising, well I have plenty of single malt, bananas, a Netflix subscription  and toilet paper so happy with world

Me too OD ... perversely i didn't mind the lockdowns last year from a smell the roses and spending more time with family & pooch POV vs constant rat race.  Not to mention the footy/favourite TV series binging and peace & quiet with less traffic noise.

• Love 1

People seem to be more desperate to avoid the Astra Zeneca jab than they do to avoid being locked in their homes with a rag on their face.

What is wrong with todays human race?

On a positive note, our great start will come in VERY handy if the season goes to schitt and is reduced and compacted.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, faultydet said:

People seem to be more desperate to avoid the Astra Zeneca jab than they do to avoid being locked in their homes with a rag on their face.

Couldn't agree more. I live in England and due to have my second AZ jab in about a month - anyone who thinks things get anywhere near back to normal without vaccinations ASAP is kidding themselves.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Garbo said:

Have to think dees v lions next week will either by posted like the hawks and suns this week or moved to back to Melbourne 

More likely to Sydney I would have thought or perhaps Gold Coast? Depends how this week’s impending lockdown goes I guess

At some stage the AFL is going to have to consider a no jab - no attending policy (once Pfizer is open to all under 50s)

• Like 1

I think it's time to consider vaccinating the teams, coaches and support staff. This will allow them to move freely across state lines (or i think it should anyways) and negate any talk of Hubs. If there's no shortage of vaccine and risk categories are dragging the chain in terms of take up I don;t see any moral reason why this can;t be done. Obviously health workers and risk groups get priority but there's no point having vaccine sitting there with nobody turning up to get vaccinated.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, faultydet said:

On a positive note, our great start will come in VERY handy if the season goes to schitt and is reduced and compacted.

Apparently Scomo feels differently FD.  Over 50 yet still went for Pfizer.  Do as i say but don't do as i do!  Hardly great leadership is it and might explain why there's a reluctance in the over 50s to take up AZ.  How does one extra candle on the birthday cake apparently make you blood clot free risk free or substantially so anyway?  Ridiculous call by this Govt and it's flakey leader.  It only has itself and himself to blame.  Stop blaming the masses....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/000380d5-c386-428b-a234-5170af611307

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/d9114b7f-2bce-4204-9793-dcd109e67f11

Then the backflip on Sunday....

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/two-million-pfizer-doses-a-week-from-october-enough-for-everyone-by-christmas-20210521-p57u25.html

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2

FWIW I’ve had my first vaccination of AZ. Felt crummy for one day, fine after that. The reluctance towards vaccinations is a slap in the face to countries that have copped it bad. 

Life will not get back to normal until most of the population gets vaccinated, simple as that. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Tom Browne clear posts on here during trade period… “I’m told this is going to happen… not confirmed as anything can happen but it’s fair to say it’s highly likely now..”

16 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Tom Browne clear posts on here during trade period… “I’m told this is going to happen… not confirmed as anything can happen but it’s fair to say it’s highly likely now..”

It's his modus operandi. I'm sure some of his mail is good but there is a lot of ambiguity to some of his posts. 

Fortunately rounds 12 to 14 include a bye round for each club.  So there is a fair amount of wriggle room for the AFL to reschedule games without jeopardising the second half of the  season.

For us the impact of the current covid outbreak doesn't look too bad:

• It looks like tomorrow night's game will go ahead.
  • If the Lions game isn't at Alice or the G it will be i/state and if in Qld most probably at Metricon as the neutral ground.
  • If we need to temporarily relocate we will have time to prepare.
  • Hopefully, it is all sorted by the QB game at the G.  Then we have a bye.
  • Being 2 games and % ahead of 3rd and 4th on the ladder holds us in good stead.
  • Given we are a top two team we should get the benefit of favourable travel and game intervals, if there is a condensed fixture in the future.

So overall we are well placed and much better placed than a lot of other teams to deal with whatever covid brings.  As fans we need to accept covid is beyond our control and be happy of where we sit relative to other teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm over 50, give me the same vaccine as the under 50's or are we second class citizens? I am not anti vaccine. I would be happy to pay, I would be happy to travel to get a jab, but no I can only get the cheap less effective more dangerous vaccine. If you under 50's disagree you get the AZ vaccine, you can if you want to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Me too OD ... perversely i didn't mind the lockdowns last year from a smell the roses and spending more time with family & pooch POV vs constant rat race.  Not to mention the footy/favourite TV series binging and peace & quiet with less traffic noise.

I hear ya fellah. ? It wasn’t exactly the end of the world for me, either. In early March last year I went to spend three weeks with my son who lives in Warsaw   Fast forward seven months and I was still there. Best seven months of my life. Of course I had to feign frustration with every cancelled flight with my fam back here. They’d be like, “Mum, when are you coming back??? And also, where do we keep the towels.” All-male household... what can ya do?! ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

With the correct info available, this post was redundant.

Edited by faultydet

18 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I'm over 50, give me the same vaccine as the under 50's or are we second class citizens? I am not anti vaccine. I would be happy to pay, I would be happy to travel to get a jab, but no I can only get the cheap less effective more dangerous vaccine. If you under 50's disagree you get the AZ vaccine, you can if you want to.

Apparently the Astra Zeneca vaccine may produce clots via an immune system reaction to the drug. I've read that younger people (under 50's) are more prone to a reaction from the A.Z shot because of their stronger immune systems.

That makes some sense to me, although if the politicians are not taking the A.Z drug, none of us should have to either. 

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

Apparently Scomo feels differently FD.  Over 50 yet still went for Pfizer.  Do as i say but don't do as i do!  Hardly great leadership is it and might explain why there's a reluctance in the over 50s to take up AZ.  How does one extra candle on the birthday cake apparently make you blood clot free risk free or substantially so anyway?  Ridiculous call by this Govt and it's flakey leader.  It only has itself and himself to blame.  Stop blaming the masses....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/000380d5-c386-428b-a234-5170af611307

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/d9114b7f-2bce-4204-9793-dcd109e67f11

Then the backflip on Sunday....

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/two-million-pfizer-doses-a-week-from-october-enough-for-everyone-by-christmas-20210521-p57u25.html

To be fair at the time, he had the Pfizer I'm not sure the AZ had been approved by our authorities. 

Even if AZ had been approved it is worth noting that Albanese also had a Pfizer shott and has now had his second albanese-gets-his-second-pfizer

I'm happy for our country's leaders to be vaccinated as early as possible.

Btw, Morrison's wife, mother and mother-in-law have had the AZ.  His daughters haven't been vaccinated as they are not age eligible.

Balanced posting on such a critical subject would be useful.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6