• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     

• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     

Sat Night Channel 7 Team

Posted (edited)

HM: ‘to put into context, it’s been so long since the Demons went 8-0 to start a season, Whinston Churchill, Michael Jackson and Courtney Love something, something, not born yet, not even dead.’

LD: ‘Even the way Kozi Pickett runs to the interchange bench, extraordinary’

HM: ‘player with ball has played football, XX games, born at Mercy hospital, mum was an elite netballer’

LD: ‘my powder blue jacket really brings out my eyes, impressive stuff’

HM: ‘I’m a grammarian, Et Tu Lingus?’

CL ‘Melbourne are good, but not as good as the team I led to 3 premierships.’

MR: ‘across every line I just can’t see a weakness for the Dees. Geez I wish I played on a team like this.’

CL: ‘You just can’t know what it feels like unless you’ve held it aloft’

MR: ‘I get to hold the Tigers premiership cups every Tuesday 8.30-9am’

CL: ‘like I said, you can’t know. I also own that pier in Geelong, great feeling you can’t know unless you own one’

HM: ‘Steely Dan recorded their first album 23 years after Melbourne’s last victorious season’

LD: ‘I’ve got better hair than Eddie, so impressive. Now I’m going to get excited about something. Jordan Jones!!’

Seriously, while I’m loving the Sat Night exposure, it’s a terrible Seven combo. Richo and Lingy are fine, but Darcy and Mclachlan’

Edited by Wylie
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 11

Darcy offers nothing. He is a moronic automated cliche machine. I’m Staggered he has a job in media at all, let alone a prominent one 

take him out and the rest would look better

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Darcy offers nothing. He is a moronic automated cliche machine. I’m Staggered he has a job in media at all, let alone a prominent one 

absolutely Darcy is Dopey - how many times did he muck up Barassi coaching and 1965 before correcting himself to say it was 1956 and, well, Barass was playing for us then! and it was actually 1965 when we last won the first 8 - awful Dopey trash that 7 dishes up.

Then Dopey called our #23 James Jordan - Jones twice before correcting himself.

We all make errors but Darcy is lazy and that's how come he makes errors.

• Like 1

Has Cameron Ling ever said anything interesting or insightful in his entire life. For such a tough competitive beast of a fooballer to be such a vanilla inane pundit. Given his playing style i would have expected a no nonsense commentary style. It's anything but.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Wylie said:

HM: ‘to put into context, it’s been so long since the Demons went 8-0 to start a season, Whinston Churchill, Michael Jackson and Courtney Love something, something, not born yet, not even dead.’

LD: ‘Even the way Kozi Pickett runs to the interchange bench, extraordinary’

HM: ‘player with ball has played football, XX games, born at Mercy hospital, mum was an elite netballer’

LD: ‘my powder blue jacket really brings out my eyes, impressive stuff’

HM: ‘I’m a grammarian, Et Tu Lingus?’

CL ‘Melbourne are good, but not as good as the team I led to 3 premierships.’

MR: ‘across every line I just can’t see a weakness for the Dees. Geez I wish I played on a team like this.’

CL: ‘You just can’t know what it feels like unless you’ve held it aloft’

MR: ‘I get to hold the Tigers premiership cups every Tuesday 8.30-9am’

CL: ‘like I said, you can’t know. I also own that pier in Geelong, great feeling you can’t know unless you own one’

HM: ‘Steely Dan recorded their first album 23 years after Melbourne’s last victorious season’

LD: ‘I’ve got better hair than Eddie, so impressive. Now I’m going to get excited about something. Jordan Jones!!’

Seriously, while I’m loving the Sat Night exposure, it’s a terrible Seven combo. Richo and Lingy are fine, but Darcy and Mclachlan’

You have shown the blokey/ in joke crap they go on with. I cannot watch 7 commentary/ pre game crap. Silence is golden.

My local has turned off commentary and even had a note up for a while saying, "Upon popular request -- no commentary!" 

They have music on low playing in the background now. Much better.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, praha said:

My local has turned off commentary and even had a note up for a while saying, "Upon popular request -- no commentary!" 

They have music on low playing in the background now. Much better.

What a sane mob.

Edited by old dee

9 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Has Cameron Ling ever said anything interesting or insightful in his entire life. For such a tough competitive beast of a fooballer to be such a vanilla inane pundit. Given his playing style i would have expected a no nonsense commentary style. It's anything but.

Ling is like most of the rest - LAZY LING 

Duck has input but I can't listen to a man who has done what he has and been allowed to waltz back into the media

That unsociable bloke from Hypocrite Hwy club the Awks (Hodge) - he speaks in a dialect I can't understand.

Hodge sounds like he speaks into a Messerschmitt gun (speaks so rapidly) that has a silencer on it (through his nose).

Hodge like Duck - allowed to do things and all is forgiven ... it's part of Ch 7's Midnight Oil Club (Short Memories)  with the chair of the Club Matthews!

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

AFL commentary is just jobs for the boys. Luke Darcy is a great example. He has a voice like fingernails on a chalkboard and he doesn’t know the players’ names. There had to be thousands of better candidates out there.

Two professional callers who sound good and know the players’ names, with one ex-footballer or coach for special comments that are insightful (aka, not Ling or Dal Santo) would be great. But nah, let’s just fill the box with dribbling morons instead. And Hamish McLaughlin might not be an ex-footballer but I definitely include him in the latter category.

• Like 5

I don't mind Richo, but the rest offer nothing.  The quicker they get the only knowledgable footy person back on the team in Daisy Pearce the better!

• Like 6

How I miss guys like Drew Morphett, Pete Landy,  Sandy Roberts, Lou etc.

7 is just about unlistenable. Cringe worthy! 

Id rather listen to Gary Dempsey commentate lol .... Anyone remember his one game he called?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Should get 10 year olds to call the game.  They will know all the players by sight and their stats off the top of their head.

Special comments can be handled by retired footballers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Anti-Saint said:

Duck has input but I can't listen to a man who has done what he has and been allowed to waltz back into the media

Hodge like Duck - allowed to do things and all is forgiven ... it's part of Ch 7's Midnight Oil Club 

Duck screwed his club and his “mate” not a person to look up to or listen to his opinions.  We all make mistakes but Ch7 it’s huge,  not sure WoS Ron Casey would be happy,

glad he is not ours !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonOX said:

Just learn to block the commentary out that’s what I do. 

Yep. Frank Zappa time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The advantage of turning up and watching live means you dont have to listen to these muppets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

The thing I hate most about him is the way he speaks. It’s as though he has a mouthful of marbles and he’s trying not to let any of them fall out. 
He only completes about 20% - 30% - max of each individual word he speaks. The other 80% just sadly meld into one another. 
And while one can be forgiven eliding a syllable here and there, Darcy commits the dreaded double: two syllables missing from a two-word, four-syllable phrase! Instead of saying “Port Adelaide” he says “Pohr-Lay.”

End of rant. 
Go Dees!!!!

• Like 1

I found the conversation they had with TMac after the game on 7 a really interesting example of what they think their role is. Tom spoke eloquently and very insightfully about the complexity of his preparation and both Ling and Darcy looked at each other in way that suggested this was all a bit high brow for the audience. 

I really do think they’ve been told to commentate to a grade 4 level - ‘go in harder’, ‘run faster’, ‘take a speccy!’

Surely it can’t be an accident. It’s such a shame that we have to accept such low assumptions of us as an audience. It’s pretty insulting.

• Like 4