• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Posted (edited)

We're 8 and 0 and I don't think we've played our best footy yet this year. What is this club I'm supporting?

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only the fifth time Buddy has been held scoreless in his whole career  

Neal daniher in the crowd tonight wearing a Melbourne scarf was great to see

Imagine if you said at half time in the match thread that you thought that the best setup was to have Tom McDonald in defence? Won us the game with that mark and goal. I might have to dust Plugger off

Posted Images

1 hour ago, deebug said:

Well do i have a story to tell, in the last Q when they showed Ron Barassi on the big screen, the people behind us said, and i kid you not, " who's the old guy on the screen?

People came up to us after the game and we telling them, lets just say there was a lot of head shaking going on.

And yes they were Melbourne supporters.

What. The. $&@#?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, deanox said:

Oliver has been standing wider, and I think it's so he can hit the ball at speed when hunting the clearance. I think in the tactics thread, someone talked about our conversion from clearances: apparently we're winning less but scoring more from them. I can't pull those stats anywhere but if true it looks like we're playing high risk high reward footy, and backing our defence to intercept and win the ball back if we lose the clearance (to mitigate the risk).

Did Oliver start doing this vs GWS as a way to break the de Boer tag? I can't remember him starting so wide prior to that. Might be time to get him back to the drop of the ball, especially while Viney's out.

• Like 1

8-0 and I still cannot get over the lack of love Oliver gets from the demonland crew. 

Loved Tmac & May’s game and impressed with Jordon. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, deebug said:

Well do i have a story to tell, in the last Q when they showed Ron Barassi on the big screen, the people behind us said, and i kid you not, " who's the old guy on the screen?

People came up to us after the game and we telling them, lets just say there was a lot of head shaking going on.

I had to tell the four young-ish Dees “supporters” next to me to ease up on the screams of “f$&king useless” when one of our boys didn’t perform to their unusually-high standards. They were totally in the dark about most of our players’ names. Really infuriating and embarrassing, Johnny Come Lately, bandwagon twats. 

Gotta say, feels strangely good to have fair weather supporters like this again. Means the weather is fair! 

Ed Langdon just keeps killing it. Has he played a dud game since joining our club? 

Jordon is quietly building something special. Spargo just gives and gives. TMac lifted to new levels. Harmes played a great first game back. Oliver was crucial to the win and does so many great things, but my god his field-kicking is easily the worst in the team. 

Kozzie frustrated me a little tonight. Needs to just find a little composure (though I accept a lot of his sublime moments come from throwing composure out the window). Jackson was also tremendous. Gawny had a bit of a shocker, but he’ll bounce back in no time. 

Great to see us beat a quality side with Fritsch, Gawn, Lever and even Trac having off nights. 

And just brilliant knowing we’ll play four quarters now. 

Go the bloody Dees!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

I thought Harmesy was in and amongst the action tonight, can't quiet gather the angst against the returning soldier.

Jimmy Jordan's tackle in the 4th when the game was in the balance was clutch.

take a bow young man.

Just love the way JJ is coming along. Not flashy but a great team player and for someone so young makes good decisions, has excellent focus and concentration, understands his role and executes it to a high standard. Lays a good tackle as well. He will  likely be a 200+ gamer.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Demonland said:

Tracc limping. Doesn't look great. 

A watching brief this week in Trac and Kossie  I reckon  

Hoped we could use them vs Blues  andManage vs Adelaide.for tougher sides Lions and Dogs. 

2 hours ago, deebug said:

It begins .... Bandwagoners. 
Hope there's many more to come over the next decade.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beetle said:

I was behind the goals at the Punt Road end in corporate box eating duck and copious Asahi stubbies as I looked down on the plebs.

Tough game to watch, but I’ll bank the 4 points.

Seriously thought we would get rolled from late in the third quarter, but we managed to hold them at bay despite momentum.

Centre clearances are a massive concern. What is the point in having Gawn in there when we can’t win the ball at ground level. He has been poor. I legitimately feel more at ease with Jackson in the middle.

We miss Tomlinson badly. Lever can’t play the role we want him to play again (yet), without him there. 

Thank Christ for Oliver. Bloke literally got us over the line and May also a great job on Buddy keeping him at bay.

Can’t lie...for some reason I’m really concerned about the Carlton game.

Yes there is room for some tweaking in the centre bounce area and lack of cohesion. Too many errant handballs and some not first decision ones also! 

And I thought our play on game today was non existent.

2 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Another kill joy performance from May.  I can only recall Buddy beating him in one contest.

Didn't risk marking vs Buddy though. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Just love the way JJ is coming along. Not flashy but a great team player and for someone so young makes good decisions, has excellent focus and concentration, understands his role and executes it to a high standard. Lays a good tackle as well. He will  likely be a 200+ gamer.

Seems to regularly  pop out on the good side of the contest, with the ball to be delivered. 

Oops I thought JJ was Jackson.

Edited by kev martin
1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Seems to regularly  pop out on the good side of the contest, with the ball to be delivered. 

Oops I thought JJ was Jackson.

Same comments apply 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Crompton's the man said:

Interesting 

as an observation compared to 3 years ago we can now hit a target and our skill level is now such that it’s expected that we will make good choices and execute 

also good to see the Pies have a win 

they are definitely a top-17 side 

Hope the Pies keep winning so that they will feel good and boost the crowd for QB

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nascent said:

We're 8 and 0 and I don't think we've played out best footy yet this year. What is this club I'm supporting?

That’s been my thought as well, we are yet to put in a 4 quarter display and we still have lapses where you start to think the old Melbourne is coming back. What we are doing is finding a way through to the other side to get the win. 

I’m quite happy for us to keep having flaws in our game that we can fix throughout the year. We’re still learning!

• Like 2

Just quietly but how bloody good is it to see Hunty back to his running strong form, he couldn’t get a game a couple of years ago but now is having a huge impact on games

When he and Langdon go on runs together down the wing, it’s so awesome to watch

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Just quietly but how bloody good is it to see Hunty back to his running strong form, he couldn’t get a game a couple of years ago but now is having a huge impact on games

When he and Langdon go on runs together down the wing, it’s so awesome to watch

Your right and most supporters agree with you as the noise level really goes up when their runs start.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Discussion on the train last night on Tom McDonald was around how Melbourne were shopping him around last year with NO takers reportedly. On reflection I bet a few clubs are now regretting their decisions. Great game last night Tom.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MT64 said:

Discussion on the train last night on Tom McDonald was around how Melbourne were shopping him around last year with NO takers reportedly. On reflection I bet a few clubs are now regretting their decisions. Great game last night Tom.

Collingwood were really close. I think it was only salary cap that may have stopped them.

Ironically he's exactly what they're desperately needing.

• Like 2

What was with those daggy blue & red sox??  We were always the REDlegs!!  Not the blue & red legs!  Is this something new?  hadn't noticed until last night.

I also liked to see some of the boys in long sleeves.  We had three last night.  Gotta be another record...

Also, is it just my poor old eyes, or my dodgy TV, or do they flash the lights at the MCG after every Melb goal??

And, yes, thrilled to have another (albeit hard-fought) win!

GO DEES!!

16 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Collingwood were really close. I think it was only salary cap that may have stopped them.

Ironically he's exactly what they're desperately needing.

If so, even better!  Yet another win for MFC and loss for the old enemy!

2 minutes ago, Vagg said:

What was with those daggy blue & red sox??  We were always the REDlegs!!  Not the blue & red legs!  Is this something new?  hadn't noticed until last night.

I also liked to see some of the boys in long sleeves.  We had three last night.  Gotta be another record...

Also, is it just my poor old eyes, or my dodgy TV, or do they flash the lights at the MCG after every Melb goal??

And, yes, thrilled to have another (albeit hard-fought) win!

GO DEES!!

Yes, the lights were flashed after every Demon goal, along with a ‘roaring’ sound. Not original, but quite impressive at night

• Like 1