• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

Rival Clubs Circling Weideman

He will get selected this week and won't look back. If we will a premiership he will stay. May crystal ball tells me expect the Dees to do the fifties all over again. i.e 5 premierships.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, COOLX said:

He will get selected this week and won't look back. If we will a premiership he will stay. May crystal ball tells me expect the Dees to do the fifties all over again. i.e 5 premierships.

How will he fit in this weeks team?

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Both Brown and McDonald are 28 years of age.

Weideman needs to be hung on too.

Agree. But he has to get it together this year and play some good games. 
the time is now 

I wouldn’t be against Sam having a game this week

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I think the FD should stick to what they wanted to do when they constructed this list - TMac to a wing and if he can do it great, but Weideman is a better forward and Brown is better than both of them.

It’s laughable those that think Brown is the worst of the three.

Browns peak he was the best of the 3 but is he still there? Didn't seem like he could get separation on Sunday, couldn't take a contested mark and wasn't great when the ball hit the ground. Yeah he's the best set shot of the 3 but will he be the better player for us this year?

He may end up being but I think he's yet to prove it so I can understand some thinking Weid should be in the team ahead of him. The main reason I thought Weid would come in first was due to VFL performance and Browns extended time on the sidelines due to injury not necessarily because I think he's a worse option.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

22 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I think the FD should stick to what they wanted to do when they constructed this list - TMac to a wing and if he can do it great, but Weideman is a better forward and Brown is better than both of them.

It’s laughable those that think Brown is the worst of the three.

I think they will, but I reckon they might not want to do that while TMac is on fire up forward. Let him have an average game then swing him to the wing and bring Weid in.

• Like 1

given the poor performances by the pies so far this year, i wonder if he would prefer to go there rather than a top 5 side. i would prefer he stay with the dees. our stocks are overflowing at the moment that will not always be the case. there are a few players who are still not playing as well as they could which could allow for some changes that may give him a chance to get back into our top 22 and stay there.

28 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Both Brown and McDonald are 28 years of age.

Weideman needs to be hung on too.

And that is the crux of the issue. 
It is also why we must play Petty at FB and not McDonald. Because May isn’t a spring chicken either. 
It’s unfortunate that Weideman is out of contract as it puts us in a tricky position 

I would keep him ahead of McDonald who I think is having a great season, but who is not the future. 

• Like 1

They have already said Petty is coming in, so how can they possibly fit in another tall in Weed?

He's still only young as a key forward and really has done nothing to excite me. Potential is such a bad word. This aside I hope he stays with this group as his time will come and be a big part of the dynasty that is building. Stay with a group that is gong places or get a game in a shambles of a side/club for sake of playing one's. For me I would bide my time as a game is not that far away. Then it is up to him to deliver.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

They have already said Petty is coming in, so how can they possibly fit in another tall in Weed?

i think they play other ends of the ground... unless May and Brown can't play in the same team. Maybe i'm crazy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't seem like he could get separation on Sunday, couldn't take a contested mark

This is the key. He looks slow on the lead. He's never been a great contested mark. He might need a bit of help from our other forwards to get that separation.

Did anyone see the block Charlie put on for Fritta to take an uncontested mark? It was absolute genius and exactly what we need to get Brown going. 

Edited by Cheesy D. Pun
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, deanox said:

I think they will, but I reckon they might not want to do that while TMac is on fire up forward. Let him have an average game then swing him to the wing and bring Weid in.

That’s what I’m picturing, sounds harsh but I think the coaches are waiting for him to have a poor game or two as a forward and make the move. We could also move Gus out of his wing role and into a medium HF/mid Viney style role, as has been suggested in the changes thread. 

Main thing is that when he comes in we have to get the balance right, I’m not sure the Sydney game is the one to tinker with things. I typically don’t look further than one week ahead but the Carlton game might be the better call to throw some magnets around. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Would you guys do De-Goey for Weiderman straight swap.

Pickett, Petracca, Brown, Fritsch and De-Goey as a forward line 👌

Edited by olisik

Posted (edited)

Weideman had a pretty serious off season injury. Why would they rush him into the senior side? He might be happier to play from about round 12 and peak in the finals.

Edited by Thehardtackler

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

jdg is on over $800k a year, from all reports

he's not worth it

Not if Collingwood pay some of his salary he isn’t :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, olisik said:

I was thinking about this as well - the pies prob need to move De-Goey on unless he find some consistent form this season.  They need draft picks but a ready made key forward they need more than anything.

I wouldn't want to lose Weid but I do remember De Goey destroying us with Cox in 2018 and thinking that he has a higher ceiling than Petracca.   Since then their careers have gone in opposite direction.  If at the end of the year Weid or TMac said they wanted out (because they didn't finish the year in the team), I wouldn't be against this if he could fit in the cap.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Browns peak he was the best of the 3 but is he still there? Didn't seem like he could get separation on Sunday, couldn't take a contested mark and wasn't great when the ball hit the ground. Yeah he's the best set shot of the 3 but will he be the better player for us this year?

He may end up being but I think he's yet to prove it so I can understand some thinking Weid should be in the team ahead of him. The main reason I thought Weid would come in first was due to VFL performance and Browns extended time on the sidelines due to injury not necessarily because I think he's a worse option.

I wouldn't hold the weekend's game against Brown - our midfield was a bit out of sorts (as was our backline) and the conditions always make it a bit of a strange match in Hobart.

It will take a little bit of time to build chemistry with the mids and other forwards but a fit and firing Brown is more damaging than Weid (or anyone else).  If he looks out of sorts after a few games then its a luxury to have Weid waiting in the wings!

What I found interesting was that we seemed to play better after TMac went back - was that because we were too top heavy with both of them forward (and one of the rucks?) or did the midfield get back on top?

Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

He's still only young as a key forward and really has done nothing to excite me. Potential is such a bad word. This aside I hope he stays with this group as his time will come and be a big part of the dynasty that is building. Stay with a group that is gong places or get a game in a shambles of a side/club for sake of playing one's. For me I would bide my time as a game is not that far away. Then it is up to him to deliver.

Problem is Doc now would be the time that you'd expect him to be showing what he can do, but he's being kept out of the side by the form of TMac. I think he's shown in patches he's more than capable of being a good forward, he could've (should've) had a couple of bags last year, and is playing consistent footy in the VFL (albeit against lesser opposition). So now (for his development) is the best time to get him in there to get him to show us what he's got to offer. 

5 hours ago, olisik said:

How do I say this nicely? Talent aside, I’d be concerned whether De Goey has the right temperament for us. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Cards13 said:

How do you keep them all? With a winning team/great culture you can keep the majority of the ones you want to keep, can we keep them all?

The same way Geelong kept all their players I would say.