I'm going to repeat myself here:

Out: Melksham

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Out Tomlinson Melksham Jones

In Weid Sparrow Chandler 

I saw enough of TMac and Brown to think it won’t work and the Weid with Brown i my preferred combo. Tmac down back was good so try it and see before get to Petty. Jones was ok but we need the extra speed and that splits it with him out over Baker. I would be very surprised if Fritta gets more than a fine being the kid played out the game.

I have had a rethink on this and we should not throw out the preferred key forward combo after one game when we were so poor coming inside 50. Nor should we suddenly decide TMac is a backman again. I still think though we want increased speed  inside with Tmac and Brown forward. We also need some defensive mid cover and I would like to see Brayshaw back to the wingers club.  No disrespect to Jones and Baker who were ok but I just think this gives better balance. Whatever occurs I would prefer to play Tomlinson on crutches than see  Melksham again next week.

Out Tomlinson, Melksham, Baker, Jones

In Petty, Sparrow, Chandler. Harmes

Edited by big_red_fire_engine
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, drysdale demon said:

He is not a natural forward is he. Must have been his twin who use to play at North.

must be like Jackson who i said is a good 0layer but simply not a natural forward. people were saying he is close to kicking a bag etc. surely people can see im right now?  most of his goals have been from ground balls so far.

Out: Thommo, Baker, Melksham/Jones

In: Petty, Chandler or Bedford, Sparrow

Petty for Thommo, Baker (ordinary) out and Brayshaw (also ordinary) back to the wing, Bedford or Chandler to be rewarded for good form and bring some pressure to the forward line. Melksham or Jones (I thought Melksham was a little better than previous weeks and Jones OK, but neither are an option for the centre bounce) out to enable Sparrow to take up Viney's role. Jones or Melksham as injury sub

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

We could see a fair few changes.  Wouldnt be surprised if there were 4 or 5.  Some players were terrible and some looked knackered. 

No chance 

8 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

Out: Thommo, Baker, Melksham/Jones

In: Petty, Chandler or Bedford, Sparrow

Petty for Thommo, Baker (ordinary) out and Brayshaw (also ordinary) back to the wing, Bedford or Chandler to be rewarded for good form and bring some pressure to the forward line. Melksham or Jones (I thought Melksham was a little better than previous weeks and Jones OK, but neither are an option for the centre bounce) out to enable Sparrow to take up Viney's role. Jones or Melksham as injury sub

Is Viney out for an extended period? 

How quick are people on here to make wholesale changes to a team 7-0.  Sure they were a bit off today but spare me the people saying they will make 4 changes.  

• Like 1

Quite honestly, I think Tom McDonald is actually an upgrade on Tomlinson in a purely lockdown role, and McDonald has the ability to kill the opponents on the rebound far more than Tomlinson can.

OUT: Tomlinson
IN: Wiedeman or Sparrow, depending on whether we think we need more midfield depth or front-end firepower.

2 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Is Viney out for an extended period? 

Just reported he has a ‘hot spot’ likely to miss 2-3 weeks 

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We’ve beaten Sydney once at the MCG since 2001. They are officially now our number 1 bogey team and have given us all sort of problems over the last 15 years as we’ve won just twice against them.

I guess the big question is does T Mac remain down back or does Petty come in to replace Tomlinson.

Depends if Sw plays and if Fritta is suspended.

Can’t believe the calls for brown to be dropped, zero chance that happens was his 1st game fir a new club will take him a few games to gel with his teammates 

• Like 13
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, brendan said:

Can’t believe the calls for brown to be dropped, zero chance that happens was his 1st game fir a new club will take him a few games to gel with his teammates 

Got a feeling he will have a night out at the G against Sydney.  They will be without Melican thanks to a hamstring injury which will help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Our midfield depth is an issue for me.

Viney always has this foot problem.

When Oliver is held like he was for three qrts Trac has do do it all.

Jones is way past his midfield days.

Jordan is good but if Trac or Oliver are injured...we are cooked.

More games into Sparrow.

Who else is there?

Sparrow is the answer in place of Viney. I watched him the other night for Casey and he was a class above...dominant. He is hard at the ball and has good defensive pressure.

Sydney will be a tough game. I thought we looked lethargic today and might be due for a loss.

Melksham should get dropped. Taking the easy option in every contest and trying to take on the tackler all the time is infuriating. I don’t care how good a deliverer you are if you cannot provide any defensive effort...his half tackle, half bump thing is stupid...sorry for the rant

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Is BBB concussed after his collision with Walker? If so will miss next week.

Though he was interviewed after the game and seemed ‘with it’.

Interview on the MFC website with him post game. He said no concussion symptoms just stitches and a sore head. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Interview on the MFC website with him post game. He said no concussion symptoms just stitches and a sore head. 

Seems like a great bloke.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brendan said:

Will take him several decades to invent time travel, fix his knee and learn how to chase and tackle.

He's in the same boat as Melksham - will our coach fall in love with his upside or be honest about his glaring weaknesses?

22 minutes ago, Chook said:

Quite honestly, I think Tom McDonald is actually an upgrade on Tomlinson in a purely lockdown role, and McDonald has the ability to kill the opponents on the rebound far more than Tomlinson can.

IN: Wiedeman or Sparrow, depending on whether we think we need more midfield depth or front-end firepower.

A half against a tiring young side is not enough to determine if Tom has made significant inroads in to his skills and decision making. Because the last time Tom played down back he killed us more than he killed any other side with his rebound. Tomlinson's steady skills - and all round steady play - is what made him suited to the job. 

Tom's skills aren't the only worry for him down back, he also has to keep track of smaller opponents at times when teams switch over and his mobility just hasn't been at that level for a few years now since he's had knee and ankle problems. He's moving better this year but I'm still not sure it's enough. With May, Lever and Gawn floating back a key job for the other key defender is to play within themselves and not spoil team mates.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chook said:

Chook your dreaming !T MAc was sacked from the backline for very good reasons

• Like 1