Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Respect - Media

Demon3

49 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Great vision of Pickett.
Hadn't seen that angle before.
He aint gonna take no sheet that kid.
Love it.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

Just now, Fork 'em said:

Great vision of Pickett.
Hadn't seen that angle before.
He's aint gonna take no sheet that kid.

Yes he will be ok. He will learn quickly 

As long as he keeps his cool late in the season. Teams will target him now

17 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

King’s MO is to make a bold early prediction and gloat about it later if he gets it right. I heard him in rnd 1say that Essendon could be a bolter this year. He also said a couple of weeks ago that the Saints had more “weapons” than us.

I doubt he watched the Melbourne game because the North v Freo game was on at the same time. I wonder if he changes his tune a bit more after we belt his beloved Roos.

Montagna is a good analyst FWIW. He picked up on us very early.

Montagna went after the Saints game with Johnson on Fox on the saturday night show. 

Rendell went on Afternoons with Dwayne "The Pipe" Russell.

After the saints game.

21 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Montagna is a good analyst FWIW. He picked up on us very early.

Yes I really like Montagna in the media 

he has made it his own very quickly 

Speaks his mind on all levels 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes he will be ok. He will learn quickly 

As long as he keeps his cool late in the season. Teams will target him now

Yeah they will, and it won't be because of that.
He's got the potential to light the joint up and they know it.
Which is why his teammates have gotta back him when the BS starts.
Let him and the opposition know he's not alone out there.

• Like 2

It’s not possible to like Kozzi any more than I do

his energy and aggression are so pivotal to us. He’ll learn to cut out the silly stuff but keep playing tough. He seems like a winner. He expects to go out and win and he seeks out contact and hits. He is made for footy

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ArtificialWisdom said:

I feel like you're working too hard to find fault. King's analysis of our game was largely positive. I actually quite like his analysis (generally) because he usually looks at both sides of the coin. You can't just mindlessly point out the positives. We were great but he rightly pointed out we over used the footy a fact that's been noted in post match interviews. It was a fantastic game for the club and it was so exciting on the night but you can't deny Richmond's goal kicking let us off the hook time and time again.

And while we wouldn't like it, under the current rules if Mansell had been concussed then Pickett would have gotten suspended because he elected to bump and he clearly made contact with his head. I don't think the action was 'wrong' he was just trying to make space but that's not important to the MRO. 

As for the after goal shenanigans, I personally prefer to win with class but when you've got a 6 goal break in the reining premiers I think it's ok to let them know they're not untouchable. I liked Goody putting his arm around Kozzie and reminding him what's important though. 

I could have sworn there was a lot more going on in just about every contest in that game.

There were reasons why we handballed a lot more , but as the St Kilda bloke said it worked well. They are slow.

As to kicking points, they kicked 12, we kicked 10, hello...

I wouldn't call the back of the shoulder being a bumping tool either, for the mere fact that i've never seen anyone get reported for going backwards into someone. I don't think he knew precisely where Mansell was either. If M got concussed from that, he wouldn't be playing next week for Richmond. Their Coach is a master of the "black arts".

The rest of it, i agree with...

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

It’s not possible to like Kozzi any more than I do

his energy and aggression are so pivotal to us. He’ll learn to cut out the silly stuff but keep playing tough. He seems like a winner. He expects to go out and win and he seeks out contact and hits. He is made for footy

Exactly why they seek out pivotal players like him. Everyone wishes they have a player like him in their team

39 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

The only media performers that have rated us and i respect their judgement because they put their head on the chopping block a month ago are Leigh Montagna, Brad Johnson and Matt Rendell.

The rest are a bunch of flogs.

Cam Mooney had us premiership favourites after 2018 and has always been bold on us saying we are the closest thing to Geelong he's seen in his eyes (meanwhile Richmond were actually putting together a Dynasty).

Despair not. The media is giving a balanced EARLY SEASON take on the mighty Dees. It's fair to say this in round 6. We could keep winning, and then fall over through injuries or hubris, or both. I somehow suspect not. Long time Demon sufferers like me can probably sniff there's something in the air but we will all have to suffer coming victories - and occasiinal losses -  with a continuing measure of self doubt, that's probably how it should be. But at the ground Saturday night the extended cries of MELBOURNE, MELBOURNE echoing through the half-full stadium suggest something is building, we know not what. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/apr/26/also-rans-and-whipping-boys-no-more-but-melbourne-managing-expectation?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In all the previous posts in this thread nobody has mentioned Goodies post game interview. I understand why people may not have watched it. A lot of his media interviews all sound like blah, blah, "learnings", blah, blah, "our brand", blah, blah, "the Melbourne way", blah blah. As much as that's boring, it is consistent messaging and I like that.

In his latest interview however; I thought he answered many of the comments/ questions raised in this thread. He was measured, thoughtful and more honest than I've seen. One particular thing that stood out to me was his language around team, while still acknowledging individual effort.

As far as media noise is concerned he has become good at defusing that but I think he has the same thought as me; only the end matters. As far as the majority of the media is concerned I would take the moniker of one of my favorite posters as an axiom we should all follow; "FORK' EM

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Demon3 said:

Just felt compelled to put something down on this but the utter contempt for us from certain media types is really insulting. I know we have been awful, truly awful in the past and i get the whole trust thing, i think its totally fair enough, we have failed many test before and i get that it stays with people but my goodness, some just cannot bring it upon themselves to pay is any praise without a but on the end.

The 2 main offenders are the 2 people who, have been burnt by the demons the most in the past, these so called experts tipped Melbourne to win flags in 2019 and were made to look silly, are David King and Kane Cornes.

I know it should not worry me but it really aggravates me that these 2 in particular cannot give any unconditional praise.

Firstly Cornes says we were really good but was critical of Kozzie and teh pointing to the scoreboard incident.. of all the things we did well, that was his main take, its unbelievable. I for one loved the aggression and the arrogance of it, we have been passive for the best part of 10 years, we show some spunk, some swagger and some mongrel and the criticism still comes, they ask us to stand for something and then are critical when we do.

And David King cannot bring himself to give praise, last night, if you can watch the first crack on Fox, his contempt for us was embarrassing, he could not just compliment our game without a rider, his thing was that Richmond will remember this and that Kozzie to extract the free kick dipped his shoulder and was alluding that it was illegal and not on, it was laughable, it was embarrassing for King, and it stood out like the dogs proverbials that he hates this club.. 

I hope we keep going, these guys will run out of things to be negative about eventually, or maybe not but its just so boring. At the start of the year, every media tool said Melbourne was the team under the greatest amount of pressure, we come out and beat 6 sides, including the premier and the grand finalist and still they find a way to be critical.

Just a vent. Feel better now, 

Even worse is that, in the ‘celebrity’ footy tipping, the Lord Mayor of MELBOURNE, Sally Capp, has been picking GWS, Geelong, etc instead of the team that bears the name of her own city.? What’s that about? ? 

it would never have happened with John So! 

• Haha 1

First Crack - King I knew was going to be slow to get back on board because, we burnt him in 2018, but he did with some grace yesterday. Leigh Montagna is very enjoyable, Tom is a tool of the 1st order and i wish he wasn't a Dees supporter (He started the crap about Kozzie). On the Couch are on board. Watching Purple talk us up make's me LOL, he is such a hater, but all in all who cares...  It is a bit like taking Olisk or Pickett Fence seriously, they will all throw mud when we drop one...

7 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

First Crack - King I knew was going to be slow to get back on board because, we burnt him in 2018, but he did with some grace yesterday. Leigh Montagna is very enjoyable, Tom is a tool of the 1st order and i wish he wasn't a Dees supporter (He started the crap about Kozzie). On the Couch are on board. Watching Purple talk us up make's me LOL, he is such a hater, but all in all who cares...  It is a bit like taking Olisk or Pickett Fence seriously, they will all throw mud when we drop one...

2019 we burnt him as a result of 2018!!

• Like 1

The two former Saints Montagna and Riewoldt are a breath of fresh air. They know the modern game and are less prone to hyperbole.

For real football analysis of my team Demonland is better than most.

Thanks guys and gals.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, 58er said:

2019 we burnt him as a result of 2018!!

You know what I mean, he was very bullish on the Dees, but we were still callow.

Just checked the first 6 rounds of the Doggies and the best team they have beaten are the Lions placed at 8 whilst we have beaten 3 in the top 8. Not discounting how good the Doggies are playing but why isn’t the media ( I.e King) saying they haven’t beaten anyone significant? .