Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they’re saying down at Arden St

Nasher

For the sake of historical perspective, in 2016 North won their first nine games. A friend - an ex North player( Reserves in Barassis's time ) says it was because of the draw: in other words, they played the bottom teams first. After reality hit, they won another 3, lost an Elimination final and that was it. 

April, May, June and July champions don't bring home the bacon. Keep going, lads, keep going.

• Like 1

Things are a bit sad when you get a twin premiership player in S King, for "shin boners",  saying things  on Pay Television about a close relative of another of Norths premiership players, just because the boy plays for MFC.

I don't think it should be suggested to other Clubs that they get even for nothing, let alone  anything near what Mr King used to display when he was a player. As the Kekovich brothers would say "pull your head in, Mr King".

4 minutes ago, dieter said:

For the sake of historical perspective, in 2016 North won their first nine games. A friend - an ex North player( Reserves in Barassis's time ) says it was because of the draw: in other words, they played the bottom teams first. After reality hit, they won another 3, lost an Elimination final and that was it. 

April, May, June and July champions don't bring home the bacon. Keep going, lads, keep going.

Agreed except we have played some excellent opponents. 
Nobody rated Nought in 2016, even after those 9 wins, and they were proved correct. 
i think our boys are for the first time since 1964 looking forward and enjoying the serious challengers. 
“bring it on” mentality. 
Not even under the Great J Northey did i ever have that impression. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dieter said:

At Round 6 Dees have beaten 3 of last years finalists incl the 2 gf teams.

Not bad in my book. According to on the vouch tonight the score against dees for inside 50's % is the powrst at Rnd 6 since records on this stat negan.

Kudos MayLeverSalemTomlinsonRiversHunt and team supporting defensive efforts. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

i expect a win, but i don't expect a slaughtering

we don't win games by blowing teams away; we are winning by choking them to death

Agree, if Melbourne hand out a smashing (100+) it may be a bad sign as that probably means the backline getting cute and not maintaining their discipline to hold structure and a bit of glory seeking over team work further up the ground. And while that might be a valid risk to take in this game, you’d want them to snap back against the more likely tougher opposition yet to come and not create any bad habits.

I’d prefer a consistent style 40 point win than a free wheeling structure disregarding 100 point win.*

* I’d take a free wheeling 187 point win however.**

** This is Melbourne, I’d take a 1 point win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If the Hawks can't choke us up then Norf have little hope.

Norf have two good players (Ziebell and Cunnington) and a handful of decent players (Powell, Goldstein, Simpkin, Bonar and Stephenson).

We have a whole team.

27 point win if in Tassie. 40+ if at Marvel.

• Like 1

This year's Melbourne team's legit. Nothing against North, they've soldiered on despite being on the brink of collapse multiple times, and growing up in the 90s they were one of the best teams I've seen. I hate their supporters but have nothing against the club. They beat up on us for 10 years as a finals club should have against a lowly club like Melbourne was at the time. 

Anyone suggesting this is a "danger" game is blinded by decades of ineptness. This is comfortably the best team we've had in my time supporting the club (early 90s) so arguably we're the best we've been since our last flag. I would classify Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Gold Coast, Freo are genuine "danger" games. North is comfortably the worst team in the league by the Flemington straight. They might steal a win this year against a bottom 10 club but they won't even get close this weekend. This isn't "complacency". It's just fact. Let's get real here and start respecting our club.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Agreed except we have played some excellent opponents. 
Nobody rated Nought in 2016, even after those 9 wins, and they were proved correct. 
i think our boys are for the first time since 1964 looking forward and enjoying the serious challengers. 
“bring it on” mentality. 
Not even under the Great J Northey did i ever have that impression. 

I agree: the Norf/2016 situation is different now that I understand how a 9 win run was possible. Yep, I can see things in this side not on display for a very long time. Why then, do I still fear fronting the games we should romp home in? For example, I always felt confident we would beat Richmond- we made them look ordinary in a pre-season game. For some reason I have heebie jeebies about the next three weeks...

3 hours ago, dee-tox said:

If the Hawks can't choke us up then Norf have little hope.

Norf have two good players (Ziebell and Cunnington) and a handful of decent players (Powell, Goldstein, Simpkin, Bonar and Stephenson).

We have a whole team.

27 point win if in Tassie. 40+ if at Marvel.

27 point win,  that would be a terrible result.

If we win this by less than 80 points it will feel like a loss.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Demon17 said:

At Round 6 Dees have beaten 3 of last years finalists incl the 2 gf teams.

Not bad in my book. According to on the vouch tonight the score against dees for inside 50's % is the powrst at Rnd 6 since records on this stat negan.

Kudos MayLeverSalemTomlinsonRiversHunt and team supporting defensive efforts. 

I agree with ya, 100%.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:45 AM, Uncle Fester said:

I hope we put them to the sword. Not coz I have a particular issue with them (in fact I barely notice them and when I do I find them boring and soulless), but because I want us to be ruthless against all teams, especially those on the ropes like North is.

It would be nice to win the game against North. They are struggling, as we knew it for so long, yet man-up to field a team, as we did as part of the League. 

We must strive to anihilate the rest of the competition who have had it so good for so long, including AFL/umpire liberties and income-generating preferences, again, for so long.

A win against North is expected; if it is a healthy or very healthy victory, well and good - we could do with a little more percentage preference at this time of the year. However, there is no real need to 'can' them for poor fortunes. In any case, it could be imagined that North could create an upset - that is the nature of our great game, rare as it is, these days. If so, well done to them. 

13 hours ago, dieter said:

Reminds of a lot of Collingwood seasons. Finished on top with very few losses and then lost GF to sides they had beaten easily during the season.

3 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

27 point win,  that would be a terrible result.

If we win this by less than 80 points it will feel like a loss.

You really do post some nonsense at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dieter said:

If you are after historical perspective we have played both Grand Finalists from last year

Here's another one. Since Bartlett's spray after the Port game we are 12 and 3.

You were saying....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If you are after historical perspective we have played both Grand Finalists from last year

Here's another one. Since Bartlett's spray after the Port game we are 12 and 3.

You were saying....

I'm aware of that: I love it. I may have worded my post badly: my point was that Norf won the first 9 because - according to my North supporter friend - their draw was staggered. That's certainly not the case with the Demons this year. In fact, before the season started there was speculation we could win very few of the first six games. I'm so proud of the players and the coaches.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

Rot, Teams from now on will be making it as hard as hell for MFC to win, don't get too carried away with we are at, at the moment.

100%
There'd be a long list of clubs who'd love to knock us off our perch.
And if they put on enough pressure we'd crack and fold.
Like we've done so many times before.
Gotta put that perception to bed.