Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Snow Joke

one_demon

Even when we beat the best they still have little digs at us.

Only a Premiership will shut these losers up.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, one_demon said:

That was the headline on the back of The Herald- Sun.  Will this crack at us ever die?

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

They also couldn’t help themselves disrespecting Nathan Jones by labeling the 300 gamer a perennial loser. 

Wait, are you guys implying The Herald Sun aren't the peak of mature and responsible journalism? Well I never.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

I hate this stereotype of MFC supporters so much.  Myself and my diehard Demons family are all from middle/working class roots and have gone to support the club on match day through the horror years that were 2007 - 2016.

The hitting the snow slopes upper class MFC supporter might have been a thing 30 - 50 years ago, but I think it's pretty much a myth these days.  Those supporters all jumped ship to clubs like Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn long ago.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Read my post on What they are saying at Punt Road. So sick of this [censored]. 

I and my family have never been to the feckkin snow. Ever.

They think they are so funny. Well I'm over it. Corona robbed me of any sense of humour. This stereotype is like a form of bullying. They want us to stop calling bread with hundreds and thousands on it Fairy bread because it upsets some people, well I'm calling out this snow [censored].?

Edited by Dame Gaga
Extra stuff.
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, one_demon said:

Will this crack at us ever die?

No.

It will follow us forever. But who cares. Better to be "known" for that than for missing teeth, spitting on your coach, etc.

Now, let's sink the boots in the other way, and may it continue for all this season, and next season, and the one after that, and the one after that ...

• Like 10
  • Love 1

i don't know why people take it so seriously.

collectively we are seen as fickle supporters that jump ship and go to the snow instead of watch out team play.

next time you hear someone crack a joke, ride it and fire back.

"At least I can afford a snow trip. But I always make sure I'm back in time for the game. I even have a space up front for my Range Rover. How is Moe this time of year?"

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Look I hate it as much as anyone. I came from a single parent family, made my way through government schools (only one other Melbourne supporter in my age group) , but was able to have a career in professional services and it always amazed me how many lawyers, consultants and accountants were Melbourne supporters. So like it or not, I totally understand the label we’ve copped, because there is some truth to it

• Like 2

Haters gonna hate.

"Bulla looking at a poor season if the Demons are sitting on top of the ladder." "Get your cheesboard out." "Range Rover for the snow, Jaguar for the footy." Yep these comments really hurt. I would rather be known for missing teeth, being on the dole, spitting on the players and calling my sister Mum.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

They want us to stop calling bread with hundreds and thousands on it Fairy bread because it upsets some people

Ummmm.... You know that was a prank by The Betoota to prove how ridiculous the conservative media are right?

Edited by Lord Nev
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

Water off a duck’s back for me. Winning tastes way better than whatever salty crap they’re drinking. 

Eat dirt, footy media. 

I’m happy to just enjoy the winning and just let all the barbs, jabs and general banter just bounce off me like I’m made of rubber. I’ve thrown plenty over the years so it’s only fair.

I do make an exception of disrespecting Nathan Jones though. Bag the MFC in general if it makes you feel better, we can just point at the ladder and say suck it. But don’t make it personal by insulting a great of our club and a player who has shown more resilience than 99.99% of the players to have played the game. He deserves global respect from the footy media and it’s a disgrace that it’s not being given.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Ummmm.... You know that was a prank by The Betoota to prove how ridiculous the conservative media are right?

Okay they got me.?I told you Corona was getting to me. Those Richmond supporters near us last night really cheesed me off too. I feel like I can't enjoy the win because of the lack of respect even by the media.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Youngwilliam said:

Haters gonna hate.

"Bulla looking at a poor season if the Demons are sitting on top of the ladder." "Get your cheesboard out." "Range Rover for the snow, Jaguar for the footy." Yep these comments really hurt. I would rather be known for missing teeth, being on the dole, spitting on the players and calling my sister Mum.

We’re not gonna change this theme so let’s give it back to these bastards.

We’re got a third of the mrmbers but double the iq

our taxes pay your benefits

Our club invented the game to keep you guys out of the pub on Saturday afternoons

We do think that Medicare should pay for false teeth.

etc etc 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

I try to enjoy the Coodabeens Saturday morning. I like to think ive got a fairly thick skin but every reference - even the ok ones- to us includes "well done number 9" and they always crack up as if it is as fresh as ever. Been hearing it for 30 years now I reckon. I now dont turn the other cheek but turn to Off the Record on 3RRR which is a great Sat morning show. So... skins not that thick.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Without getting too political, it’s their disingenuous way of masquerading as ‘working class’ while being the biggest, hypocritical bootlickers of all.??

News Ltd. has always talked out both sides of its mouth, and has always been about lining their pockets from the working and middle class readers they hold in contempt.

They spent months ginning up campaigns on the Apex gang, Sudanese crime and giving oxygen to some of the biggest dog whistlers in the Australian commentariat, and then put out articles proclaiming their shock and horror when a footballer has been racially abused. Furthermore, their stance on crime within minority communities (I.e. ‘they’ are a threat to ‘our’ lifestyle) infuriates me given they run weekly columns basically glamorizing the [censored]en Moran family and the cast of Underbelly. ?

They make jokes about Melbourne Demon supporting snow bunnies, latte sippers and inner city types, but you automatically know where they would stand should a trade union commit to industrial action to improve the lot of workers. Or a rise in Newstart payments. Their disdain for the ‘ordinaries’ (or as they prefer to call them ‘bogans’ and ‘westies’) is palpable.

I’ll stop there as this could become essay length, but will say in closing that Richard Marles once said read the Herald Sun for football results, but don’t read their ‘current affairs’ coverage. I say ignore them both. The former is a gateway drug to the latter.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert
Cleaned up some mistakes

Once a nick name sticks there’s no point railing against it. If people know it riles you they will just go harder. You got to embrace it and turn the tables.

So if the Tiges fan gives a lame jibe in your face just remind of the game last night saying “Snow contest”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a not particularly funny joke cracked by not particularly funny people.  The ones who say it are usually the only ones that laugh.

With that said, as far as club supporter stereotypes, there are far, far worse than ours.

34 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

They spent months ginning up campaigns on the Apex gang, Sudanese crime and giving oxygen to some of the biggest dog whistlers in the Australian commentariat, and then put out articles proclaiming their shock and horror when a footballer has been racially abused.

I worked as a reporter for the Herald Sun and left after being asked to coerce a source into saying a particular thing and recording it.

I did it, asked the editor not to add my byline, went home and never returned.

Edited by Cheesy D. Pun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, one_demon said:

That was the headline on the back of The Herald- Sun.  Will this crack at us ever die?

Probs not. But it could be worse: we could be devoted to a club that’s synonymous with missing teeth. 
Or with a drug-fueled premiership. Talking to you, Eagles. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Forgot to hang sh*t on WCE

The joke will never go, the cheese platter one is merely an addition.

The best we can do it embrace it. I do in amongst the banter with colleagues and non-colleagues alike. If I'm the one to raise it, or elaborate on it in response, they've got nothing.

I'd rather be the posh wealthy club full of toff than say a toothless and brainless collingwood or drug-doping essendon. These too will never go.

But as above, a few premierships will make them subside.