Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 07 vs North Melbourne

Demonland

On 360 I though the way Trac said he was pretty banged up after the game, was indicative that there could be a few changes. Another incredible thing about that game was the running we did, it was a testament to the current level of fitness but might also have come with a cost. I (almost, nah not really) pity the tiges 0laying the dogs off a shorter break.

Who plays? Here’s the list with status after last night’s Casey game - 

1. Steven May

2. Nathan Jones

3. Christian Salem

4. James Harmes (CASEY)

5. Christian Petracca

6. Luke Jackson

7. Jack Viney 

8. Jake Lever

9. Charlie Spargo 

10. Angus Brayshaw

11 Max Gawn 

12. Toby Bedford (CASEY)

13. Clayton Oliver 

14. Michael Hibbert 

15. Ed Langdon 

16. Bailey Laurie (INJURED LIST)

17. Jake Bowey (CASEY)

18. Jake Melksham 

19. Fraser Rosman (CASEY)

20. Adam Tomlinson 

21. Marty Hore (INJURED LIST)

22. Aaron vandenBerg (INJURED LIST)

23. James Jordon 

24. Trent Rivers 

25. Tom McDonald

26. Sam Weideman (CASEY)

27. Aaron Nietschke (INJURED LIST)

28. Majak Daw (CASEY)

29. Jayden Hunt

30. Alex Neal-Bullen

31. Bayley Fritsch

32. Tom Sparrow (CASEY)

33. Oskar Baker  

34. Deakyn Smith (CASEY)

35. Harry Petty 

36. Kysaiah Pickett 

37. Kade Chandler (CASEY)

38. Mitch Brown

39. Neville Jetta (CASEY)

41. Jay Lockhart (INJURED LIST)

44. Joel Smith (INJURED LIST)

46. Austin Bradtke (CASEY)

50. Ben Brown

This leaves 26 players to fit into 22 players plus the medical substitute and one emergency. I suspect that Mitch Brown and Harry Petty are “unofficially” injured.

Melksham becomes the sub and Baker the emergency. 

Official ins and outs -

In: Ben Brown

Out: Kade Chandler 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Given another posters comment that Rivers needs resting I'm wondering if he might be the medisub.  Then slightly different roles for Jones and Melksham. 

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Given another posters comment that Rivers needs resting I'm wondering if he might be the medisub.  Then slightly different roles for Jones and Melksham. 

If he needs resting, I'm in favour of resting him not making him the medical sub. He might have tio come on in the first qtr..

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Who plays? Here’s the list with status after last night’s Casey game - 

1. Steven May

2. Nathan Jones

3. Christian Salem

4. James Harmes (CASEY)

5. Christian Petracca

6. Luke Jackson

7. Jack Viney 

8. Jake Lever

9. Charlie Spargo 

10. Angus Brayshaw

11 Max Gawn 

12. Toby Bedford (CASEY)

13. Clayton Oliver 

14. Michael Hibbert 

15. Ed Langdon 

16. Bailey Laurie (INJURED LIST)

17. Jake Bowey (CASEY)

18. Jake Melksham 

19. Fraser Rosman (CASEY)

20. Adam Tomlinson 

21. Marty Hore (INJURED LIST)

22. Aaron vandenBerg (INJURED LIST)

23. James Jordon 

24. Trent Rivers 

25. Tom McDonald

26. Sam Weideman (CASEY)

27. Aaron Nietschke (INJURED LIST)

28. Majak Daw (CASEY)

29. Jayden Hunt

30. Alex Neal-Bullen

31. Bayley Fritsch

32. Tom Sparrow (CASEY)

33. Oskar Baker  

34. Deakyn Smith (CASEY)

35. Harry Petty 

36. Kysaiah Pickett 

37. Kade Chandler (CASEY)

38. Mitch Brown

39. Neville Jetta (CASEY)

41. Jay Lockhart (INJURED LIST)

44. Joel Smith (INJURED LIST)

46. Austin Bradtke (CASEY)

50. Ben Brown

This leaves 26 players to fit into 22 players plus the medical substitute and one emergency. I suspect that Mitch Brown and Harry Petty are “unofficially” injured.

Melksham becomes the sub and Baker the emergency. 

Official ins and outs -

In: Ben Brown

Out: Kade Chandler 

This suggests no "managed" players

I'm loving a full strength 22 but hoping the legs are holding up

• Like 1

Melksham could get almost zero possesions and fail to hit the scoreboard but the selectors would still say," Played his role"

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:01 AM, Yung Blood said:

I can understand the Brown for Melk wish. I believe Melk is definitely off the pace at the moment. He's decision making the last two weeks has been ordinary and hasn't seemed to find a clear role in the forward half. Just not sure of the balance with so many talls.

Only thing is Brown in most likely means Tmac spending more time on the wing and further up the field. My two issues with this are:

- We currently have a good balance on the wings. Langdon provides elite coverage across the far wing, always creating an option exiting the backline and pushing hard forward. Brayshaw gives us some toughness on the other wing with good ball use and floods back to play safety in the backline especially in turnover situations. Not keen to unsettle this balance/strategy which is clearly working.

- Tmac definitely did a fair bit on Saturday night to prove me wrong in my criticism of him. His intensity, attack on the contest and general movement with and without the ball was much improved, he looked so switched on. Played well a truly like a man whose job was on the line and was fantastic. I still fear that more time further up the field with expose him. Huge tank and obviously creates excellent marking options through the middle of the ground but his agility and mobility in and around more contests will hurt us I think.

Tmac is one of the best middle distance runners we have at the club which means he has endurance and speed. Although he is doing an excellent job up forward at the moment, we have ready made replacements for him in Ben Brown and the Weid. 

By moving Tmac to the mid field (ie wing) we can better use our two forwards, as well as tap into Tmacs other superior skills. I think that move substantially improves the team, particularly given his recent good form. 

Edited by Dees2014

1 minute ago, Dees2014 said:

Tmac is the best middle distance runner we have at the club which means he has endurance and speed. Although he is doing an excellent job up forward at the moment, we have ready made replacements for him in Ben Brown and the Weid. 

By moving Tmac to the mid field (ie wing) we can better use our two forwards, as well as tap into Tmacs other superior skills. I think that move substantially improves the team, particularly given his recent good form. 

The running is great, the problem is his field kicking though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Tmac is the best middle distance runner we have at the club which means he has endurance and speed. Although he is doing an excellent job up forward at the moment, we have ready made replacements for him in Ben Brown and the Weid. 

think fraser rosman may have that title now

Edited by daisycutter

21 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Rosman and ANB would have him comfortably

On 4/28/2021 at 11:24 PM, BigMacjnr said:

Why wouldn't they use the north game to try something a little different:

Out: Jones and Melksham

In: Ben Brown and Weideman

Brayshaw shifts forward, TMac shifts to the wing, and Jackson shifts to an athletic 'medium' role instead that Melksham had. Should have no impact on our pressure stats should BB and Weid have the same hunger to tackle as we have seen with the rest of the team. 

I agree with this. I hope that is the position we will end up in as we move to finals and play the last 6 or 7  H&H games for the year which will be testers, and will most likely reflect our finals plans. I see no reason why BB, Weid, Tmac should not play in the same side. Indeed it would make the strongest we have had in decades. Let’s bring it on...

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:55 PM, DaisyDeeciple said:

On 360 I though the way Trac said he was pretty banged up after the game, was indicative that there could be a few changes. Another incredible thing about that game was the running we did, it was a testament to the current level of fitness but might also have come with a cost. I (almost, nah not really) pity the tiges 0laying the dogs off a shorter break.

In the basking glory of the Tigers last night (who we beat into submission) winning over the Bulldogs (who we are yet to face) , I am less jittery about playing the Dogs in a few weeks. Success over the past Premiers is a great accolade. We'll get some more if we keep it up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I thought Rosman looked lip smackingly good - he showed he is not just an athlete but has some skills.

Rosman shows quite a bit of promise; a few more Casey matches and roles, and some rotations into the AFL team will provide him with excellent orientation and familiarisation of what we need from a player of his potential. His recovery from strenuous exercise bouts was impressive - he'd fit beautifully into the running machine style of play that we should be capable of sustaining. I like the boy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

Melksham could get almost zero possesions and fail to hit the scoreboard but the selectors would still say," Played his role"

Can we please stop with the hate and conspiracy theories... it’s really getting tiresome. For what it’s worth, I reckon that Melksham will be the med sub, making way for Brown. No other changes unless Jones is rested, in which case I have no idea who would come in for him as everyone else of note that’s fit, played on Thursday night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Can we please stop with the hate and conspiracy theories... it’s really getting tiresome. For what it’s worth, I reckon that Melksham will be the med sub, making way for Brown. No other changes unless Jones is rested, in which case I have no idea who would come in for him as everyone else of note that’s fit, played on Thursday night.

Baker perhaps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

The running is great, the problem is his field kicking though.

Fair comment.

But I reckon it has been ok tgis season. In large part because he's not trying anything too cute, which was his big issue as a defender.

Been kicking short or for distance, and generally down the line.

Tmac is almost playing as a second winger already. Lots of marks and possessions are up around the wings and both flanks.

No issue with Brown coming in terms of tbe two playing together.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Baker perhaps.

Yes! Forgot he didn’t play... highly unlikely I know, but could even be Daw, as he was rested for most of the second half?

5 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Yes! Forgot he didn’t play... highly unlikely I know, but could even be Daw, as he was rested for most of the second half?

I think Daw had a slight injury. I suspect Baker will be the medical sub

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, binman said:

Fair comment.

But I reckon it has been ok tgis season. In large part because he's not trying anything too cute, which was his big issue as a defender.

Been kicking short or for distance, and generally down the line.

Tmac is almost playing as a second winger already. Lots of marks and possessions are up around the wings and both flanks.

No issue with Brown coming in terms of tbe two playing together.

Definitely could have improved, but I think playing as a forward who roams high is a bit different to being a full time winger. If it does happen then I guess we'll find out. I'm happy with the combo of TMac, Brown and Jackson as I see Brown as the only one who is more of a one dimensional key forward, so it's a unique mix. It's more what they decide with Weid I think, because if they decided to add him in then TMac would have to be full time on the wing and I'm not sold on that yet.