Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they're saying down at Punt Road

JTR

13 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

I actually don't disagree with many of their observations. Many dees fans around me were embarrassing with their gloating - was a fantastic win and no one knows what it's like to have been a dees fan, but you'd expect some humility given all we have gone through. It is only April.

I don't agree that Tigers fans weren't like this in 2017 though. I recall they were, led by Riewoldt on field. 

I might be the only one but I didn't enjoy Kozzie's actions in the 4th. Mansell had held him well all day (with some sniping/rough stuff but par for the course) and Kozzie was sick of it. Elbowed Mansell in the head and then held his knee on his throat....and somehow received the free kick. Then kicks the goal, goes back to the 3rd gamer for more and taunts him and points to the scoreboard (against the reigning premier no less).

Think he lost a few fans tonight. I generally love his aggression but I hope the coaching staff can knock this on the head and ensure he stays humble. It's not the first time I've seen him do this either - he's dumped people off the ball before and gets away with it because he's small and exciting (check his snap against Geelong - was only free to run at the ball because he'd dumped someone).

Maybe I shouldn't care...Michael Long was a career long sniper and is remembered for all the other reasons 

What? We’ve been the laughing stock of the competition for 50 [censored] years and you’re upset about Kozzie pointing to the scoreboard??

Not me! I’m loving this new team!

Bring it on, I say and let’s both enjoy the ride!

• Like 24
  • Love 3

I am not quite there yet, but reading that thread for 30 mins tells me that we are not far away from relevance - we obviously have a long term lease in the heads of Tigers fans...

I wish they had told us, we would have rented it out for a decade or two and made some money...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

I actually don't disagree with many of their observations. Many dees fans around me were embarrassing with their gloating - was a fantastic win and no one knows what it's like to have been a dees fan, but you'd expect some humility given all we have gone through. It is only April.

I don't agree that Tigers fans weren't like this in 2017 though. I recall they were, led by Riewoldt on field. 

I might be the only one but I didn't enjoy Kozzie's actions in the 4th. Mansell had held him well all day (with some sniping/rough stuff but par for the course) and Kozzie was sick of it. Elbowed Mansell in the head and then held his knee on his throat....and somehow received the free kick. Then kicks the goal, goes back to the 3rd gamer for more and taunts him and points to the scoreboard (against the reigning premier no less).

Think he lost a few fans tonight. I generally love his aggression but I hope the coaching staff can knock this on the head and ensure he stays humble. It's not the first time I've seen him do this either - he's dumped people off the ball before and gets away with it because he's small and exciting (check his snap against Geelong - was only free to run at the ball because he'd dumped someone).

Maybe I shouldn't care...Michael Long was a career long sniper and is remembered for all the other reasons 

I agree with the need to stay humble. Pointing to the scoreboard is disrespectful to a champion team (although i wasn't impressed with their grubby tactics during the game). We are 6-0, playing brilliantly and set up for a big season but we haven't won anything yet.

Stay classy Dees fans.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

I agree with the need to stay humble. Pointing to the scoreboard is disrespectful to a champion team (although i wasn't impressed with their grubby tactics during the game). We are 6-0, playing brilliantly and set up for a big season but we haven't won anything yet.

Stay classy Dees fans.

Yeah, nah.
Stick it right up 'em Kozzie.
They were getting beaten and lost their sheet.
When they're in ya face ya let 'em know.
Could not give a toss they've recently won some flags.

• Like 16
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, fr_ap said:

I noticed that Goodwin was having a chat with Kozzi after the incident. Looked like he was giving him some advice on how to handle himself. Kozzie is still young and callow and what makes him exciting and watchable also has the potential to backfire on him. I guess after decades of pain some of the exuberance and gloating was understandable but has the potential to derail our mojo if not checked. I recall in the 1990’s we beat WC in Perth in an upset and there was some ugly disrespectful things from our players at the end of the game. Ever since they have been paying us back. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

[censored] lol at Richmond supporters saying we are insufferable. 
They are a bunch of abusive drunk bozos. I’ve been to games before where they were winning and I felt genuinely unsafe. 
Even on the train home last night, a few drunk Richmond fans were trying to start something. 
Low class bogans. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

[censored] lol at Richmond supporters saying we are insufferable. 
They are a bunch of abusive drunk bozos. I’ve been to games before where they were winning and I felt genuinely unsafe. 
Even on the train home last night, a few drunk Richmond fans were trying to start something. 
Low class bogans. 

They are trash. Who can forget them spitting on their own players coming off the ground a few years back. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Hyperbole.

He is a passionate player, and he will always walk a line.  I think he usually shows good restraint but he probably over stepped the mark in terms of the "humility" culture we are supposed to foster in that incident.

Its a minor thing and it looks like Goody was having a good talk to him down on the bench.

Most of the great players show passion,  it's part of what drives them.  It is almost a rite of passage for great players to go too far, then learn and become better.

Its a minor adjustment for the developing young man.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gunna’s said:

- Haven’t seen a Richmond team this panicky in a long time. To be honest it looks like our players are [censored] themselves when they have the ball.

- We were beaten by a younger faster more committed team tonight.

I love these, they were my two big takeaways from the game as well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fr_ap said:

I love it and I love Kozzie. Finally a bit of mongrel in the team and sucking the other team in costing them goals. Would have been icing if Oliver had nailed his as well.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

They are probably reading this thread so I just wanted to say eat [censored] you Tiger degenerates.

You wont get another shot at us this season because you wont play finals after the Dogs and Cats send you to 3-5 in a couple of weeks.

Did Dustin Martin even play last night?  Just call him Mr Invisible.   Riewoldt and Lynch both destroyed.  Couple of whining soft posers.

We destroyed you.  Emasculated you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

Stay classy Dees fans.

I'd rather he point to the scoreboard than swing a roundhouse. From the first bounce they obviously had a tactic to belt Max around the ears every time he dropped back in the hole in defence and dump players off the ball especially Oliver, Viney and Petracca. Loved the free Viney gave away in the last 2 minutes was right in front of us and he had been dumped after kicking the footy forward a few seconds earlier without a whistle from the umps. Just decided to charge through the Richmond [censored] for some payback and it didn't matter cos the game was well and truly over. Received plenty of applause and cheers from the southern stand wing.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I liked the comments “You guys are carrying on like it’s a grand final win.. I guess after we have won flags, games like this mean nothing to us”.. I did mention to old mate and his [censored] friends that they used to celebrate Gold Coast wins like that only a few years back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Kossi allegedly sniping is a bit much coming from a mob that gave the game Mal Brown, Neil Balme, Kevin Sheedy, Mick Malthouse, Jack Dyer, Robert McGhie, Alex Rance (eye gouger), Rex Hunt and Don 'Mopsy' Fraser. 

Don’t forget Cotchin.. that bloke is a dead set dirty [censored]! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I noticed Tomlinson giving it to Riewoldt at one point when Riewoldt was sooking to the umps. ?

I haven't complained about umpires this year, but i'm not completely sure why, so says the psych.....

• Haha 1

Listen to me you feral Richmond followers, I have been to more Melbourne games than you have had sloppy beers. I have supported my team through all the bad times of which there has been many, enough to destroy the soul of the most hardened football supporter. I have never cried foul and called for the head of the coach etc, spat on my players, sent chook manure to the club, threatened to send back my membership card or burn it in the microwave. Never cried poor and asked the other clubs' supporters for help (remember Save Our Skins?), whinged and sooked about the lack of success ad nauseum.

When you know it is a Melbourne home game but deliberately pick seats in the Melbourne reserved seat members section because the stupid ticketing system lets you  and instead of humbly supporting your team, you want to stir and give it to the Melbourne supporters around you while slurping on your tenth beer, don't be surprised when they finally get fed up with your crapola and give some lip back. Go and sit somewhere else. Pee off. Which you did. Sore losers.

Where I was at the MCG there were more Melbourne people and we were louder than the Richmond sooks. As soon as it started raining and Richmond were behind they all disappeared. Who are the fair weather supporters? Not us. We have stuck through everything.

And oh yeah I have never been to the hecking snow, not once.

As for Kozzie he has the arrogance of youth. Good luck to him. We don't know what those Tiger players were saying and doing to him prior to that incident. I reckon they were being the cocky dheads they always are.

Keep winning Melbourne and stick it up them all.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 8

55 minutes ago, Stretch Johnson said:

Most of the great players show passion,  it's part of what drives them.  It is almost a rite of passage for great players to go too far, then learn and become better.

Agree... look no further than Dustin Martin. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

- Haven’t seen a Richmond team this panicky in a long time. To be honest it looks like our players are [censored] themselves when they have the ball.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love these, they were my two big takeaways from the game as well.

It's funny, that was exactly what my son and I were saying about the Dees in the first part of the first quarter... we looked panicked.

• Like 1