Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     

CHANGES: Rd 05 vs Hawthorn



Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Majak Daw = AFL footballer does not compute

I'm not sure if you say these remarks to get a bite because no one actually takes you serious because over the journey you've said that;

"Melbourne made a poor decision by trading Jack Watts"..  you were beating your chest about this and now you're afraid to admit  that you were wrong.

"Ben Brown is a spud".. again, you're so far off the mark and wrong on this that it's embarrassing. His record speaks for itself.

Calling Bayley Fritsch an ordinary footballer and wanting him traded. Yeah nah once again you're wrong.. you've got the [censored] with this one purely because we used the pick we got from your lover boy in Watts and chose Fritsch who's made more of an impact then Watts ever did for the Melbourne Football Club.

The Daw comment is just ordinary in general. He is a back up depth who most likely will not play at all this year. But if a Gawn or Jackdon goes down in the ruck then he's obviously next in line and we'll compete at least.

You're borderline@Elegt levels 

 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old fella was the cause of all the trouble.

Hey mate, we won and we’re 4-0. It’s not a dream, I know it’s hard to believe. There’s no way there was 6 droppable players. Out: May In: Petty

Spargo was great. A 200IQ footballer.

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

 

"Melbourne made a poor decision by trading Jack Watts"..  you were beating your chest about this and now you're afraid to admit  that you were wrong.

.

Calling Bayley Fritsch an ordinary footballer and wanting him traded. Yeah nah once again you're wrong.. you've got the [censored] with this one purely because we used the pick we got from your lover boy in Watts who's made more of an impact then Watts ever did for the Melbourne Football Club.

 

 

 

Dazzle seeing these comments back to back reminded me of something.    didn't we draft Fritsch with the draft pick we received for Watts?

That could end up being our biggest trade win ever.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

 

Dazzle seeing these comments back to back reminded me of something.    didn't we draft Fritsch with the draft pick we received for Watts?

That could end up being our biggest trade win ever.

 

It was mate.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

 

Dazzle seeing these comments back to back reminded me of something.    didn't we draft Fritsch with the draft pick we received for Watts?

That could end up being our biggest trade win ever.

 

Yes pick 31 for Watts, which was considered unders and we were paying some of his salary, which we then used to pick up Fritsch. Aside from that running Queens Birthday goal it could be the best thing that Watts did for us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Majak Daw = AFL footballer does not compute

Haha. 

How's your favourite son Jack Watts going these days JR? 

No doubt you'd love to get him back ahead of Fritsch now eh? 

You really do post some nonsense. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm not sure if you say these remarks to get a bite because no one actually takes you serious because over the journey you've said that;

"Melbourne made a poor decision by trading Jack Watts"..  you were beating your chest about this and now you're afraid to admit  that you were wrong.

"Ben Brown is a spud".. again, you're so far off the mark and wrong on this that it's embarrassing. His record speaks for itself.

Calling Bayley Fritsch an ordinary footballer and wanting him traded. Yeah nah once again you're wrong.. you've got the [censored] with this one purely because we used the pick we got from your lover boy in Watts and chose Fritsch who's made more of an impact then Watts ever did for the Melbourne Football Club.

The Daw comment is just ordinary in general. He is a back up depth who most likely will not play at all this year. But if a Gawn or Jackdon goes down in the ruck then he's obviously next in line and we'll compete at least.

You're borderline@Elegt levels 

 

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF by WWE

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MF-C said:

Is it time to give Jordon a rest? 

Only had 4 touches on the weekend 

I'd hold on him for another week against the Hawks, but would be cautious not to run him into the ground 

 

He surely cant be tired, we are coming off multiple 7 day breaks and he only plays 65% game time on average.  (Only played 56% vs the Cats).

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

I’m not disagreeing that Petty isn’t a lock, but I hope they give both him and Daw a good workout this week, if not just to get them both as hungry as possible.

Hawthorn will be a good dress rehearsal for the Tiges 

I have a leaning towards Daw being utilised against the Hawks. He is capable of moving around the ground as a tall defender, forward, ruck. His height and physical presence will be another Demon challenge for the Hawks, adding to the team play that the MFC is generating en masse despite the opposition. For me, Hibberd, Petty and Daw in, with the latter on the bench. Jetta could be rested, as could Jones. The week following, we may see BBrown in to challenge the senses.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MF-C said:

Is it time to give Jordon a rest? 

Only had 4 touches on the weekend 

I'd hold on him for another week against the Hawks, but would be cautious not to run him into the ground 

He only had 56% TOG so it looks as though the club is consciously not running him into the ground.

Instead of resting him they’re just lowering his minutes. His pressure and link up play is very handy for our structures.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm not sure if you say these remarks to get a bite because no one actually takes you serious because over the journey you've said that;

"Melbourne made a poor decision by trading Jack Watts"..  you were beating your chest about this and now you're afraid to admit  that you were wrong.

"Ben Brown is a spud".. again, you're so far off the mark and wrong on this that it's embarrassing. His record speaks for itself.

Calling Bayley Fritsch an ordinary footballer and wanting him traded. Yeah nah once again you're wrong.. you've got the [censored] with this one purely because we used the pick we got from your lover boy in Watts and chose Fritsch who's made more of an impact then Watts ever did for the Melbourne Football Club.

The Daw comment is just ordinary in general. He is a back up depth who most likely will not play at all this year. But if a Gawn or Jackdon goes down in the ruck then he's obviously next in line and we'll compete at least.

You're borderline@Elegt levels 

 

Borderline VFL at best - just because he got drafted by the club doesn't mean he's up to it

Compete only? Aren't those days gone? Let's look at Jake Spencer again.....ffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimmyGadson said:

Haha. 

How's your favourite son Jack Watts going these days JR? 

No doubt you'd love to get him back ahead of Fritsch now eh? 

You really do post some nonsense. 

Hello JG....changed things up again have we? Killing us all with your deep footy knowledge?

After breaking his leg, JW is probably enjoying his life, far away from keyboard warriors like yourself who were unrelenting (and personal) in their attack on him

I think you need to move on

PS Fritsch played a good game on the weekend - he still needs to maintain his consistency and not miss clutch goals

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Borderline VFL at best - just because he got drafted by the club doesn't mean he's up to it

Compete only? Aren't those days gone? Let's look at Jake Spencer again.....ffs 

The same days you said Stefan Martin was a complete spud when he left for Brisbane?

Give it a spell Jumbo, you're so far off the mark over the journey that you're actually embarrassing yourself.

Actually watch footy for once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, picket fence said:

As I wrote last week he did NOTHING to earn a call up and yet was selected!! Performed poorly! Clearly a Goody fav, and given your summation put in or get out, on what justification does he get a gig this week!

I guess the question here is who out of our other forwards is he getting a game OVER? Mitch Brown? Bedford? There’s a high chance he’ll be rotated off when Weid or BB become available, but when you look at who’s beating down the door, giving Milkshake a chance to prove himself isn’t exactly the insane option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jumbo returns said:

Hello JG....changed things up again have we? Killing us all with your deep footy knowledge?

After breaking his leg, JW is probably enjoying his life, far away from keyboard warriors like yourself who were unrelenting (and personal) in their attack on him

I think you need to move on

PS Fritsch played a good game on the weekend - he still needs to maintain his consistency and not miss clutch goals

He's not too far away. Saw Jack Watts yesterday in Flinders Lane in Melbourne. He looks fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Jack Watts could kick straight. He has skills.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

The same days you said Stefan Martin was a complete spud when he left for Brisbane?

Give it a spell Jumbo, you're so far off the mark over the journey that you're actually embarrassing yourself.

Actually watch footy for once.

Another expert - Yep, where’s Stef now?

You know, you have a deep obsession with me

I’m okay with that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Another expert - Yep, where’s Stef now?

You know, you have a deep obsession with me

I’m okay with that 

Playing 1st ruck for a club that's currently on top of the ladder

🤦‍♂️

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kent said:

I havent really seen Petty play! Hope he is not a heartbreaker!

 

The main glimpse we have seen of him in the seniors was 2019. In a year where we couldn’t buy a mark he was the one who had sticky hands. Always an eye catcher with those hands every time I’ve seen a televised Casey game as well.

A bit slow - definitely not as explosive as May and can get exposed from leading forwards, but very confident with him when the ball is in the air. 
 

Don’t really remember his disposal skills but surely will just take the conservative option.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Click_Bate said:

The main glimpse we have seen of him in the seniors was 2019. In a year where we couldn’t buy a mark he was the one who had sticky hands. Always an eye catcher with those hands every time I’ve seen a televised Casey game as well.

A bit slow - definitely not as explosive as May and can get exposed from leading forwards, but very confident with him when the ball is in the air. 
 

Don’t really remember his disposal skills but surely will just take the conservative option.

Thanks for your thoughts CB

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

 

Dazzle seeing these comments back to back reminded me of something.    didn't we draft Fritsch with the draft pick we received for Watts?

That could end up being our biggest trade win ever.

 

Correct p2j. There's some fascinating trade stories behind this current team.

Kossie pickett is the most intriguing given Taylor's single mindedness to get him to the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez Harrison is good with his hands, has some of the best handball distribution in the defensive half for a young defender I've ever seen.

I do love him as a forward though, something to have up our sleeve which is always handy to have if things aren't working on gameday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Ok - amuse me...would Stef get a game in this team now?

That's not even my point. 

You called Martin a spud when he was at Melbourne and then when he was playing great footy at Brisbane. He's played 191 AFL games, won a club best and fairest in 2015 and yet is still number 1 ruckman at a club sitting on top of the letter. All at the age of 34 years old. 

Your judgement is [censored] poor. You called Ben Brown a spud when he was traded to the Dees without him even putting the jumper on. 

I can keep digging up some more pearler if you'd like but I'll save you the embarrassment. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE EYE OF THE STORM by Whispering Jack

    When Melbourne monstered Richmond a few weeks back on the MCG thereby registering their sixth win on the trot, the block of games to follow looked highly appealing. After a stirring victory in difficult conditions over the reigning premier, the games to come were against a quartet of low achievers from 2020. North were winless, the Swans were the early high flyers now falling into a slump, Carlton couldn’t take a trick and the Crows had just lost an unloseable game to the Hawks in Launceston. Ev

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DUCKING A PLUCKING by George On The Outer

    With seven consecutive wins for 2021 behind it, and not having played well in its previous game,  Melbourne was ripe for the picking (or plucking) by the Sydney Swans. However, in the end, it was the Ducks who found themselves plucked by a Demons side that continues its relentless successful roll for the Season. Or did the Demons narrowly duck a plucking themselves? Sydney brought its usual game style to the M.C.G.  Get in front and then shut down the game, scrap and refuse to mov

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE MERRY, MERRY MONTH OF MAY by The Oracle

    The month of May was a little more than halfway into its second day when the news came. Melbourne was on top of the AFL table for the first time since Round 3, 2005. As usual with the Demons, there was no time for celebration. They had just lost tough nut Jack Viney with yet another soft spot in his foot, Adam Tomlinson’s year was in ruins with what was subsequently confirmed as an ACL and Bayley Fritsch’s careless but unintentional fend off on North’s Tom Powell was about to see him charge

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BLUNDSTONE BOOTED by George on the Outer

    The tough Aussie Blundstone boot is made for true blue collar workers, and so it was at this aptly named stadium in Hobart, that the Demons were made to work their hardest for their seventh consecutive win of the season. From the outset, North Melbourne put scoreboard pressure on Melbourne with two majors at an early stage in the first quarter. The Demons fought back and temporarily had the lead but the Kangaroos responded to lead by five points at quarter time. This was not what the public

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNTROUBLED by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons were untroubled for the third week in a row as they went on a four quarter romp at Marvel Stadium to record a 107 point win over an undermanned bottom-of-the-ladder North Melbourne VFL. The scoring riot began about ten minutes into the game when Sam Weideman notched the first of four goals that could easily have been six or seven but for some uncharacteristic misses from close in. The Demon forward, spurned so far by the club’s AFL selectors, demonstrated a strong work rate

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    I’LL GIVE THEE A WIND by Whispering Jack

    The football world was reminded this week about the last time Melbourne opened a season with six wins or more in a row. That was in 1965 when Sir Robert Gordon Menzies was Prime Minister of Australia and the country was fighting a war in faraway Vietnam. It was before Jack Viney’s father, Todd, was born — a time when the game was played almost exclusively on Saturdays and when Demon fans used to wake up in the morning mostly safe in the knowledge that there was not even the remotest possibility

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAKING HISTORY by KC from Casey

    This was a weekend of history with Anzac Day commemorations throughout the community including the sporting world including the VFL. For the Casey Demons, which originated from the Springvale Football Club founded in 1903, it was a double celebration as Saturday’s game was a celebration of the club’s 750th VFA/VFL match since admission to the competition in 1982. Springvale became the Casey Scorpions in 2005 when the club moved to Casey Fields and since 2017 has been known as the Casey Demo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE TWO ELEPHANTS NOT IN THE ROOM by WJ

    After another slow start when they conceded 2.3.15 to nothing in a handball-happy opening 15 minutes, the unflappable Demons delivered a warning sign of major proportions to the rest of the competition with their 34-point win over the reigning premiers in their Anzac Eve contest. And what made things even more ominous is that they did it without two elephants in the room - key forwards Ben Brown and Sam Weideman who have been amassing goals at VFL level while coming back from injuries that

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A TALE OF TWO HEROES by Whispering Jack

    On Saturday night at the ANZAC Day Eve game between Melbourne and Richmond, we will give recognition to the achievements of two great Demons who made significant contributions to the Melbourne Football Club over substantially different time spans. The first is the late Frank V “Checker” Hughes who was born on 26 February 1894 and began his career as a Richmond player in 1915. Shortly after, Hughes was called on to serve his country when he went to war during WW1. He returned from battle and

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    TURNING POINT by The Oracle

    It wasn’t that long ago when Melbourne held sway in its Anzac Eve matches against Richmond. The early versions of the blockbuster saw the Demons home by 32 points in 2015 and 33 in 2016. When the turning point came it was dramatic and sudden. The Demons might have been on an upward curve in 2017 under new coach Simon Goodwin but so were the Tigers who had finished a disappointing 13th in 2016. When the teams met in Round 5 under lights in front of a crowd of 85,657 — the highest ever betwee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STARTING OVER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons made a successful return to the playing field with a 51 point away from home victory over the Box Hill Hawks. The visitors were starting over after a hiatus of almost 20 months and fielded a strong team of 14 AFL listed players against an undermanned opponent. And they showed from the first bounce that they were out to make up for lost time with an aggressive opening that saw them off to 21 point lead at the first break with thanks to a dominant midfield and two key forward

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NUTCRACKER by George on the Outer

    Q: How to crack a tough nut? A: Use a bigger hammer! It took Melbourne until the last quarter to crack the Hawthorn nut. These days, the Hawks under Alastair Clarkson simply don’t have the talent that served them so well in years gone, and they have to rely on not losing rather than trying to win.   The result is that the match became a slog for three quarters, as Hawthorn clogged the game, flooded heavily and simply stopped the Melbourne run.  Even in the first quarter the signs

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...