• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Who is the announcer on SEN right now filling in for Whately?

He is SO annoying i want to smash my radio!!!

Not everyone agrees with your opinion PAL

Where does Hutchison find these little peoples!!

Rant Over

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always be wary of people with two first names.

SEN has really dropped the  ball lately. The young girl who reads the news sounds like a 16 year old work experience student with a bad cold and braces.

Garry Lyon and Tim Watson are the only ones radio show worth listening to on SEN. The rest is a shambles.  When they took Ox and Marko off I completely switched off.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Who is the announcer on SEN right now filling in for Whately?

He is SO annoying i want to smash my radio!!!

Not everyone agrees with your opinion PAL

Where does Hutchison find these little peoples!!

Rant Over

It’s Cam Luke. 100% agree he is the most annoying presenter I’ve ever heard. Always interrupting people. 

I've stopped listening to SEN. Plenty of great footy podcasts out there. Demonland and Deebrief are all I need. The rest of my footy news I get from simply watching the games.

• Like 4

The best show is the Tradies one from 5am-6am. Matthew Cox is great with the callers and the best part is he always reads out my texts on the Dees. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
Just now, Dee Zephyr said:

The best show is the Tradies one from 5am-6am. Mathew Cox is great with the callers and the best part is he always reads out my texts on the Dees. 

Only Tradies are conscious at that hour DZ!!

i will take your word for it mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, praha said:

I've stopped listening to SEN. Plenty of great footy podcasts out there. Demonland and Deebrief are all I need. The rest of my footy news I get from simply watching the games.

Yep I've found I get far better info/discussion/banter listening to some podcasts and watching replays of games I missed over the weekend instead of listening to the radio and watching the TV panel shows.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
3 minutes ago, praha said:

Similar ..."on the couch" is not too bad although i find Gazza can be good and bloody awful all in the one show.  Him and Roo seem to always be in disagreement as well lol.  What happened to the couch though!??

The game day analysis on the Couch is probably the best of the lot although Lloydy and Browny on the Sunday show also do a pretty good job of highlighting aspects of what went right/wrong on the day and methods of attacking/defending etc.

Front bar is purrty good most of the time especially if they land a big fish like Carl or Jakovich etc.  Sam Pang is a classic and so quick that half his jokes go over most ppls heads.  He also sometimes asks "elephant in the room" questions of AFL officiados that the average fan is wondering/wanting to ask on occasions that most would never dare and is able to get away with it.

• Like 3

SEN has really dropped the  ball lately.

The young girl who reads the news sounds like a 16 year old work experience student with a bad cold and braces.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, DeeZee said:

The young girl who reads the news sounds like a 16 year old work experience student with a bad cold and braces.

Yes!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

The best show is the Tradies one from 5am-6am. Matthew Cox is great with the callers and the best part is he always reads out my texts on the Dees. 

Yes he is pretty neutral but mostly just a wrap of weekend sport results.  Those bloody Imar ads are annoying though...the tradies mates...massive turn off 🥴  They would need the insurance though....some of the most out of control agro dangerous drivers i've ever encountered in 35 years of driving.  Possibly the gym & roid combo!?? 😄

1 minute ago, Rusty Nails said:

Yes he is pretty neutral but mostly just a wrap of weekend sport results.  Those bloody Imar ads are annoying though...the tradies mates...massive turn off 🥴  They would need the insurance though....some of the most out of control agro dangerous drivers i've ever encountered in 35 years of driving.  Possibly the gym & roid combo!?? 😄

Coach Nick is very scary

Would i trust him to “fix” my Business?

No  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I reckon that started as soon as Hutchy took over DZ.  KB was easily the best at what he did in the morning time slot.

For a new owner/manager to not respect / recognise that on taking over and, instead dishing him for a new fella in GW straight up, smacks of someone who just isn't tuned in with the listeners.

He also went for an 'on AFL message' presenter vs KB, who often questioned the entire direction the AFL hierachy were taking footy, which makes me wonder if Hutchy was/is in bed with the AFL to some degeee (close connections pulling the strings?) or just a big brown noser.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yep I've found I get far better info/discussion/banter listening to some podcasts and watching replays of games I missed over the weekend instead of listening to the radio and watching the TV panel shows.

I reckon Deebrief and Demonland have me covered for the Dees but for quality insights for non-Dees related footy what would you recommend.

I pretty much live on you tube consuming independent media and watching podcasts. The print media and traditional TV have had their day. The same faces, saying the same things. On the couch is the only show i watch on Kayo. AFL360 only when Dees are featured (e.g. Petracca last night). I don't know how normal, sentient begins can listen to Robbo.

I rarely listen to the commentary. Over the top hyperbole. I listened to the GWS commentary and didn't mind it too much. AFLW commentary is usually very good although I see they've started to include [censored] heads like Will Schofield. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Coach Nick is very scary

Would i trust him to “fix” my Business?

No  

If you are referring to Roo SW i would have to agree.  I'd be very selective with his recommendations!

Edited by Rusty Nails

14 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

If you are referring to Roo SW i would have to agree.  I'd be very selective with his recommendations!

Roo SW??

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Roo SW??

Roo as in Nick Reiwoldt

4 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Roo as in Nick Reiwoldt

No this is “Coach Nick”

Some dodgy bastard who claims he can make your business far more productive 

the ads crack me up every time

• Like 3

Garry Lyon and Tim Watson are the only ones radio show worth listening to on SEN. The rest is a shambles. 

When they took Ox and Marko off I completely switched off.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

No this is “Coach Nick”

Some dodgy bastard who claims he can make your business far more productive 

the ads crack me up every time

I always think of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons when I hear his ads.

Season 4 Doctor GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by In Harmes Way
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1