Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Demons vs Williamstown

KC from Casey

9 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

A win is a win is a win.

I'll provide my view on our players a little later once I get home.

Looking forward to your report, MaH. There was so much of interest in this 'practice match'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, JTR said:

Massive mark from Daw in F50. Nails the goal. 16 up, 1.30 left

46 minutes ago, hells bells said:

All over

12 7 79

10 9 69

46 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

A win is a win is a win.

I'll provide my view on our players a little later once I get home.

Thanks guys.  Excellent work and much appreciated.  Photos from Jack et al also

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

He does and can impact games, surprisingly well. I'd have him on the bench as a spare tap ruck, as a backman, as a forward within range.

We have a spare ruckman in Luke Jackson, why on earth would we pick Daw ahead of him?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

He does and can impact games, surprisingly well. I'd have him on the bench as a spare tap ruck, as a backman, as a forward within range.

Why? We already have LJ playing that role. He is an insurance policy and nothing more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Bedford will get a shot back in the seniors soon enough.  ANB and Spargo would want to continue to play well.

Great to have options and some pressure to keep performing. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hells bells said:

I didn’t try DJ but i think you could have. I didnt notice any barriers.

How did Toby Bedford look?

I still see him as a tantalizing prospect with his goal kicking ability combined with his aerobic capacity.  He has played well in all the practice matches so far.

• Like 2

Arriving at 11.05 in pouring rain at Casey Fields is never a great start but that is exactly what Casey got off to in the first quarter.  The rain stopped a few minutes before the game started and it was dry for the duration but the wind howled and it was slippery.  The ground was in great condition and the wind blew across to the outer side and favoured the northern end.  That's where I headed.

It's nice to win any match but it was the young kids and one old kid I wanted to see and I didn't have to wait long.  BBB was dominant early holding two contested chest marks and kicking one goal with the other falling just short.  He presented well and judged the ball better than others in the windy conditions and I started to get excited about seeing him next week on the G.  He moved all over the ground and was involved in the play regularly but sadly only played a half.  He ran along the outer boundary at half time with Burgo looking over him doing multiple sprints and frankly looked pretty stuffed!  But he was a class above and something to look forward to when he does get to the G.

Weid on the other hand couldn't get close to it. He couldn't judge the wind nor could he find any space and apart from playing a half and a bit had a forgettable day.  He ran the outer boundary for much of the third under the supervision of a physio and while he struggled on the field he looked very fit off it.

I wanted to play particular attention to Bowey, Laurie and Rosman not having seen them live before.  Bowey was the first to catch the eye.  He's easy to pick out with his red hair and although the wasn't involved much  in the first half what his did do he did well.  He's small and slight and struggled in contested situations against bigger bodies but when he got the ball he delivered well and took good options.  He got more involved as the game went on but there is nothing there yet pushing for a spot in the  seniors.

Laurie started in the midfield and moved forward later  in the game and worked his way into it a bit but wasn't in the better players.  He clearly has class but needs time and experience.  He'd be behind Bedford and Chandler for a spot at this stage.

Rosman played a lot of the game on the other side of the ground so I found it harder to judge his game but in the last he was on my wing and was involved.  He's not a "smooth mover" but very effective with a few rough edges.  He's got a much more AFL ready body than the other two but I suspect all three to play most of the season at Casey and learn their game.

The one who did surprise was DSmith.  He's slight but he's nimble with clean hands and good skills.  He held his own against bigger bodies and had no trouble being involved in the game.  He's brave  and seemed to make good decisions with the ball.  He played as a small back and I was impressed with this game.  Again, he's not pushing for a spot but he's got some really good attributes to develop.

JSmith played full back and did a servicable job but the pick of the tall backs was Harry Petty until he was sub'd out after half time.  I've always been impressed with this kid and he could slot straight into the AFL side and hold his own.

Jay Lockhart was good in patches and Hibbo grew into the game without dominating.  MBrown took some good marks and kicked a few goals but was overshadowed by Majak who took multiple marks in defence and attack while running in the ruck.  His ruckwork wasn't all that good but he was good around the ground.  I think he could play AFL and be relied on to do a job.

Chandler had patches and Bedford was busy.  They appeared to me to be just off the pace of Charlie but if they are called on they wouldn't be out of their depth at AFL level.  Oscar was a disappointment and for a bigger body didn't play as strongly as I'd have liked.

Austin Bradtke is a long way off.  He was poor in the ruck and didn't do much around the ground.  He seems like he's been around for ages but he's only 20 but at some stage he'll have to show some more AFL attributes for my liking.  Having said that it was awful conditions for big blokes so perhaps I'm being a little harsh.

All in all it was a good hit out.  Willy are a mature team and while they don't have the class of AFl lists they have and even contribution from all players and are no easybeats.

READ PICKET FENCE'S REPORT HERE

READ ROY BOY'S REPORT HERE

• Like 28
  • Thanks 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why? We already have LJ playing that role. He is an insurance policy and nothing more.

This. If Daw plays, we're in crisis mode.

He's our 5th key forward option, 3rd or 4th ruck option and 5th or 6th key back option. If he gets a run, we're in trouble.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, loges said:

Sounds like Daw is ahead of Weideman.

Ode to Majak:

He gets to them, he holds them, he can kick 'em, he can tap 'em, he can and does intercept 'em.

The Weed ain't done none of that after four years of mind-bending patience, deficient in any sign of consistency and/or reliability.

Majak is a massive presence and obstruction, another difficult match-up forward, backward and in a jostle when umpires throw up. 

Who's going to be the opposition's lucky bunny if the bank of footballing wisdom selects the Weed, not Majak?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cheesy D. Pun said:

This. If Daw plays, we're in crisis mode.

He's our 5th key forward option, 3rd or 4th ruck option and 5th or 6th key back option. If he gets a run, we're in trouble.

Weideman is, what? After 6 seasons still struggling to get involved at VFL level.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, loges said:

Weideman is, what? After 6 seasons still struggling to get involved at VFL level.

Give him a break, he’s coming off a 6 week injury, give him a week or two before sticking the boots in

Fair dinkum!!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (1979, Vinyl) - Discogs

"Lines join in faint discord as the Stormwatch brews a concert of kings as the white sea snaps at the heals of a soft prayer whispered"

Welcome to Casey Fields, weather report as above, ohhh hang on just got a bit of crossed wires happening via transmission some static about, .......%$(*&^$$$#@!@#$%t*())))))

As we take the cricket commentary from the legendary John Arlott

"As we watch fer the ferst time Lileeeeeee Long tall lean Australian Gladiator as he goes back to his mark from the Kirstall Rd end and as he turns just meters from the fence we hear the familiar tooot of the 11.47 Cheshire Flyer sounding an ominous hoot as it ia about to reach Birmingham Station... Now Lillee starts his run up from about 60 meters from umpire Harry "Dickie Bird"   .... 

AHH sorry about thank Demonlanders now lets segway to Benny Brown Now Benny Brown has taken a strong mark and lines up from about 40 metres away, but walks back another 60 metres and is just metres from the wing fence and starts his run up in symphonic fashion typically fluent effortless as as he nears the mark he gathers pace dropps the ball truly and scores a major. The players all gather around Benny as clearly the big man is back!

Others have reported well todays classh but if I can just add a couple of things

Ben Brown is absolutley ready no doubt in my mind moved extremely well hit the post once and nearly clunked another 3 or so marks. Taken of and half time and did some 220 run throughs. I would play him next week

Sam Weiderman had an Alice Cooper, "Welcome to my nightmare" hardly touched it but not helped by some very average disposal

Majak Daw, Enigmatic some of his taps were superb and he really started to clunk marks, Did not waste a kick and also kicked a goal , is easily fit enough and could play NOW

Mitch Brown knows where to run and how to kick a goal, ( He had 3 AND a hand in another, not to be written of

AVB Started reasonably and finished dominatly, imposed himself on the contest and played a typically grunty game

Deakyn Smith really liked what I saw as iterated makes good decisions and positions nicely 

Toby Bedford Live as a couple of Slitherers seen over the journey, has a bag of tricks and uses the ball well very well, kicked a ripper goal twisting "A La Kossy" one to watch

Oscar Baker flashed in and out and did enough but not sure he is the answer on a wing

Bailey Laurie, Jake Bowey, Fraser Rosman again all displayed the attributes that saw them drafted but may take some time

Hibbo Very good defensive and offensive game set up quite a few plays

Joel Smith solid without being spectactular, sometimes his disposal can be hit and miss, I still reckon he is a forward!

Jay Lockheart very good on occasions and you know with him you will get solid commitment. Thats about it Chandler, Petty did ok , Bradke is a fair way of.

@#^&&***((((&^$#@#@!@@ Oh heres that static again 

Oh and its back to  John Arlott at Birmingham.....

"As we watch fer the ferst time Lileeeeeee Long tall lean Australian Gladiator as he goes back to his mark from the Kirstall Rd end and as he turns just meters from the fence we hear the familiar tooot of the 11.47 Cheshire Flyer sounding an ominous hoot as it ia about to reach Birmingham Station... Now Lillee starts his run up from about 60 meters from umpire Harry "Dickie Bird"   .... this iconic Australian complete with Mexican moustache menacing facial expresion, Shirt tales flapppin in the breeze past Harold "Dickie" Bird  and bowls... a perfect outssswinnger, Boycott gropessssss for that one... and as the Cheshire Flyer departs from Birmingham station ... so too does Boycott Caught Marsh, Bowled Lillee 2!

Go Dees PF

READ ROY BOY'S REPORT HERE

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4