• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm      

• PREMIERSHIP Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm      

DEMON PLAYERS ANGRY

Max – sit the team down and look at the womens game against the crows last night. Best instructional video you will see demonstrating anger, intensity, application and attitude.

That’s what I expect to see from the blokes against Freo.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

Max – sit the team down and look at the womens game against the crows last night. Best instructional video you will see demonstrating anger, intensity, application and attitude.

This. Tackling ferociously, shepherding, tap the footy on, caring for each other. Not the faux “get around him” crap. 

• Like 6

On 3/11/2021 at 8:29 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Frustratingly true.

Do half of them even give a [censored]? Does the jumper mean anything anymore.. I think its all about the instagram likes and fame unfortunately for these blokes.

Start by canning the Gus Gawny podcast. Nothing but open bullying to Ben Gibson.

I’m usually keen to get hold of any Dees podcast, but the Gus and Gawny one is hard to listen to - unfortunately, Brayshaw seems to be one of those guys who’s had it all on a plate and being a footballer is just part of the wheeze.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frankie_d said:

This. Tackling ferociously, shepherding, tap the footy on, caring for each other. Not the faux “get around him” crap. 

I think Max is a great guy and a wonderful footballer, but not sure if he’s comfortable upsetting people with home truths.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, hemingway said:

I don’t care what Max or anyone else says. Preferably don’t say anything at all, well not until you can win games of footy, and, hopefully, consecutively, even try winning a string of games. Then try winning enough close games to be in the bloody 8 at season end. Try winning finals games.

Words no longer mean anything. 

But how do you feel? How will you feel at the end of your career if you are associated with a team of losers, a club that attracts derision. Is a laughing stock. 

You may have lots of money, but how will you feel about your footy career? Will you feel a failure, will your team mates feel that they are failures ? Or will you and the Coach simply move on? Will you get over it as you and your team mates sip on your Pinot Noir in the wine bar and blame others? 

Just win games, win the close ones. Until then I will mute the sound coming from you and Simon or the next coach’s mouth. I will not bother reading what you have to say. I will remain totally detached and increasingly lose interest in the season. 

I will forever remain loyal but I will have lost the emotion I have for my team. I will remain detached. I will take more interest in other clubs and the results of other games. It will be purely of academic interest as to what happens.

All of us Demons want to see you as the new Richmond. Tough, resilient, successful and proud. Do you have it in you?

Eloquently put, Ernest - sums up my feelings exactly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

Well we will know this Saturday if they are angry or not, or whether we have just been lied to again.

Glad I havent  bought my membership yet.  Maxs words have made me hold off now until after the Freo game.

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

3 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

Iv'e always said that Daisy Pearce should be the first selected for the men's team for just these qualities. Iv'e seen here play live anfd the intensity and anger is the real thing with her. Great Leader

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Iv'e always said that Daisy Pearce should be the first selected for the men's team for just these qualities. Iv'e seen here play live anfd the intensity and anger is the real thing with her. Great Leader

And hopefully when she hangs up the boots she gets a gig as an Assistant Coach for our men's team.

She is very smart tactically, game plans and how to neutralise opp strengths.

Not sure our current club leaders value her as much as the PJ regime did.

• Like 4

On 3/11/2021 at 3:17 PM, dl4e said:

It is just bending over and blowing smoke. Part of the Melbourne pre season ritual.

Answering questions in the media is part of every single club's ritual. In fact, it's more than a ritual, it's an obligation.

Seriously, do you think Max called Peter Ryan and said "I'm angry and I'm not going to take it anymore"? Most likely Ryan called the club looking for a pre-season story and we provided the captain for comment. What do you want him to say? "Feeling pretty good, looking forward to cashing the next 4 year's paychecks"

Same on the Lumumba comments. Does anyone actually think Max raised this? More likely Ryan said "You played with Heretier, what did you make of him in the news?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Well we will know this Saturday if they are angry or not, or whether we have just been lied to again.

Glad I havent  bought my membership yet.  Maxs words have made me hold off now until after the Freo game.

P2J  what a cop out !!

Maxy said something  I don't like so I haven't bought a members ticket

Take your ball and go home!!

It says something you haven't bought your ticket already awaiting something maybe ?? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheesy D. Pun said:

Answering questions in the media is part of every single club's ritual. In fact, it's more than a ritual, it's an obligation.

its how you answer them though cheese.. and we have a habit of bull****ting. just be honest. 'yeah, we kinda sucked last year.. hope we are better this year, but probably won't be..'. THAT i could get around!

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

its how you answer them though cheese.. and we have a habit of bull****ting. just be honest. 'yeah, we kinda sucked last year.. hope we are better this year, but probably won't be..'. THAT i could get around!

I reckon Max is generally pretty good at acknowledging where we've fallen short. Obviously, no team captain is going to come out and say we won't be any good this season. I don't envy his position in that regard - he has to talk and find new ways of saying the same thing when we don't perform.

Don't get me wrong, I get sick of the same words with little result but the fans of 14 or so other teams are probably venting the same feelings toward their clubs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 58er said:

P2J  what a cop out !!

Maxy said something  I don't like so I haven't bought a members ticket

Take your ball and go home!!

It says something you haven't bought your ticket already awaiting something maybe ?? 

I didnt say I dont like what Maxy said.  I neither like it or hate it.  

I just want to see them back up their words FOR ONCE.  Play angry like they claim they are and belt Freo, simple.

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, biggestred said:

The players are not nearly as angry as i am after sitting through the last 15 years of crap and empty promises

Some who have been around longer felt your pain for about 45 of the past 56 years. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

I think they may calm down a bit by Saturday.

I haven't renewed yet either.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

I didnt say I dont like what Maxy said.  I neither like it or hate it.  

I just want to see them back up their words FOR ONCE.  Play angry like they claim they are and belt Freo, simple.

We all want to see them win but unfortunately, playing angry - for the most part - doesn't guarantee success. In fact, it generally results in poorer decision-making.

There was a time when being the most physical or willing team would generallly win you the majority of games but since 2000, the game has changed immensely and the balancing act of guarding space, attacking the ball and occasionally playing on an opponent has made the game much more about strategy and IQ.

• Like 1