Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Membership 2021

5 hours ago, 58er said:

There us no doubt that Covid has knocked off between 5/8,000 members and consequently a similar amount from our match day attendances.

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO GET TO THE "G" WHEN CROWDS GO BACK.

Most of these absentees will want Finals  tickets in September to attend and hopefully 100% safe Covid Plan will be in operation.

We will ( as Perty said last week) break our all time record this year of 52,000 odd before July 31 close of totals.

Are you or your friends still among the absentees or are you still a doubting Thomas??

Act while the iron is hot!!

I like your confidence that We will be going to games again in 2021. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, roy11 said:

Is it too early to look into the Grand Final Guarantee, LIDS OFF!

How many of you have taken up the GFG?

Made a joke about the itchy trigger finger at the start of May, I can tell you right now the SAFETY is off. 

• Love 2

On 6/4/2021 at 5:18 PM, old dee said:

I like your confidence that We will be going to games again in 2021. 

The AFL are going to try as much as possible to get Vic back to crowds  after this lockdown.  Remember they were 85% !!

They  Will carefully return with the Finals in mind at the G .

What's  with the "WE" OD you haven't even gone outside your door to go to a game according to your posts!!  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, 58er said:

There us no doubt that Covid has knocked off between 5/8,000 members and consequently a similar amount from our match day attendances.

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO GET TO THE "G" WHEN CROWDS GO BACK.

Most of these absentees will want Finals  tickets in September to attend and hopefully 100% safe Covid Plan will be in operation.

We will ( as Perty said last week) break our all time record this year of 52,000 odd before July 31 close of totals.

Are you or your friends still among the absentees or are you still a doubting Thomas??

Act while the iron is hot!!

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roy11 said:

I've had it since 2018. Would be brilliant to actually get to use it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roy11 said:

I take it out every year, until now I have considered it a donation. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

Took your advice and upgraded family memberships and purchased all our GFG's. I believe GFG's selling like hot cakes today.

Well done Long S     Hope  your family are feeling the hope and expectation in a measured way. There is no certainty in life let alone footy but our boys have been nothing but committed and absolutely single minded about their input and methods this season.

it's looking very promising and above all sustainable with I believe our potential to score regularly over the 100 pts each round.

So much happening in improvement and growth. Maybe we could be a sleeping giant again at Finals  like 2018.

L we Rd get a Top2  spot and don't leave the G !! 

On 6/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, 58er said:

The AFL are going to try as much as possible to get Vic back to crowds  after this lockdown.  Remember they were 85% !!

They  Will carefully return with the Finals in mind at the G .

What's  with the "WE" OD you haven't even gone outside your door to go to a game according to your posts!!  

Are you saying I tell lies?

7 minutes ago, old dee said:

Are you saying I tell lies?

No but saying/using "we" when  you have clearly stated you won't  be attending footy this year due to your response to Covid predominantly is not accurate!.

I have however seen the possibility you were "quoting" we as in Melb supporters or Dees fans as a collective and not necessarily yourself.

Main  thing is we maintain our Health as best we can and participate in community and live events as we see safely. 

Hope life in this current lockdown has been safe and strong OD.

Dees fans have the most important 4 mths of our football lives for over 50 years in front of us and with the prospect of something very special possible and even "life changing " so we want to soak it up and enjoy the ride as well as the result.

55 minutes ago, 58er said:

No but saying/using "we" when  you have clearly stated you won't  be attending footy this year due to your response to Covid predominantly is not accurate!.

I have however seen the possibility you were "quoting" we as in Melb supporters or Dees fans as a collective and not necessarily yourself.

Main  thing is we maintain our Health as best we can and participate in community and live events as we see safely. 

Hope life in this current lockdown has been safe and strong OD.

Dees fans have the most important 4 mths of our football lives for over 50 years in front of us and with the prospect of something very special possible and even "life changing " so we want to soak it up and enjoy the ride as well as the result.

In at least one of my comments I said till at least until I have had my second jab which is scheduled for early August. Yes I meant We in the collective sense. I have to say I do not like watch football on TV it runs a very bad second to being at a game.

I am hopeful of getting in an August game at the G and hopefully an early finals game. 
However it depends on the virus remaining under control. Victoria seems incapable of stopping transmission from Quarantine so what I might wanted to do may never happen. 
So let’s beat the pies in their GF on Monday and see from there. 
Go Dees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

In at least one of my comments I said till at least until I have had my second jab which is scheduled for early August. Yes I meant We in the collective sense. I have to say I do not like watch football on TV it runs a very bad second to being at a game.

I am hopeful of getting in an August game at the G and hopefully an early finals game. 
However it depends on the virus remaining under control. Victoria seems incapable of stopping transmission from Quarantine so what I might wanted to do may never happen. 
Go Dees.

Yes

4 hours ago, old dee said:

Go Dees.

Gee, that's a long wait.  I'm not familiar with your location OD, but assume that is the reason?

I had my first jab on Sunday (as a walk up) and can go back for my second in 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, JTR said:

Gee, that's a long wait.  I'm not familiar with your location OD, but assume that is the reason?

I had my first jab on Sunday (as a walk up) and can go back for my second in 3 weeks.

Older Australians have to have the 2nd grade AZ vaccine. As a younger Australian you can have the premium. AZ has a longer wait between doses.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, JTR said:

If you are over 50 you get the astra vaccine and for that you have to wait 3 months. Not because it is medical necessary but because the Government says so. The reason?  the want as many as they can to have had the first one asap. I.e not issuing second shots so they have them for  people to have  first shot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where to mention this but our memberships will get you into the game if you can get yourself to Sydney, the boarder restrictions changed over night to allow travel if you have not been in one of the specific areas of infection 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:00 PM, ManDee said:

Older Australians have to have the 2nd grade AZ vaccine. As a younger Australian you can have the premium. AZ has a longer wait between doses.

The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA is not all shts and giggles. Wife has been in bed 5 days after her second one. I had AZ (I’m 42 and in health and had it before the clotting came to light and can’t swap - it’s provided by work). Citation required but my understanding is they are similarly efficacious.

notably there are now potentially issues around heart inflammation for male recipients of Pfizer/Moderna.

On 6/9/2021 at 7:14 PM, old dee said:

If you are over 50 you get the astra vaccine and for that you have to wait 3 months. Not because it is medical necessary but because the Government says so. The reason?  the want as many as they can to have had the first one asap. I.e not issuing second shots so they have them for  people to have  first shot. 

Isn’t the advice from AZ itself that there needs to be a 3 month gap 

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Isn’t the advice from AZ itself that there needs to be a 3 month gap 

All I know is my Dr said it is a  government decision. I have 2 friends who have had their second 5 weeks apart. However one of the partners has a compromised immune system so perhaps special treatment. Needless to say I have to wait 3 months between the two.

2 hours ago, old dee said:

All I know is my Dr said it is a  government decision. I have 2 friends who have had their second 5 weeks apart. However one of the partners has a compromised immune system so perhaps special treatment. Needless to say I have to wait 3 months between the two.

i read an article last week that said originally the makers of az recommended 12 weeks. it also said that this is actively under review and that some countries have varied it from 6 weeks to other weeks upto 12.

it also said there is uncertainty over the optimal wait time for the 2nd dose and more research is needed

the bottom line is there is uncertainty, lack of good data and well basically , much like a lot of things with coronavirus, nobody really knows.   a lot is really just best guess (albeit by medical experts) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i read an article last week that said originally the makers of az recommended 12 weeks. it also said that this is actively under review and that some countries have varied it from 6 weeks to other weeks upto 12.

it also said there is uncertainty over the optimal wait time for the 2nd dose and more research is needed

the bottom line is there is uncertainty, lack of good data and well basically , much like a lot of things with coronavirus, nobody really knows.   a lot is really just best guess (albeit by medical experts) 

Whatever the info dc I won’t get a second until early August. So be it what can I do about it? Zero.

11 hours ago, old dee said:

Pfizer is two weeks and AZ is 12 weeks. I work inside public health so am reasonably across the messaging/reasons. Having said that it might be non clinical ie logistics/ensuring supply for first shots. CSL AZ supply no longer an issue as they’re doing 1 million a month out of their Vic facility

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old dee said:

Whatever the info dc I won’t get a second until early August. So be it what can I do about it? Zero.

it is still possible they might reduce that time in oz before august. i heard it was under discussion here.