Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TRAINING: Friday 22nd January 2021

Bring-Back-Powell

7 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

Great read and thanks for the report. 

For those that attended, did ANB play in the blue team? 

I’m glad to hear Spargo had continued his form of last year too. He did some nice things last year and was unfairly in and out of the team at times. Seems he isn’t one of Goodwin’s favourites. On the other side though is Harmes. Disappointing to hear he looked a mile off. If he has another year like last he could very quickly become surplus to our needs, with a lot of like-for-like players. 

Yep ANB played played in the blue team. Played well to. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BLWNBA said:

Great read and thanks for the report. 

For those that attended, did ANB play in the blue team? 

I’m glad to hear Spargo had continued his form of last year too. He did some nice things last year and was unfairly in and out of the team at times. Seems he isn’t one of Goodwin’s favourites. On the other side though is Harmes. Disappointing to hear he looked a mile off. If he has another year like last he could very quickly become surplus to our needs, with a lot of like-for-like players. 

ANB played in the blue team and was very busy rotating between small/medium forward and midfield,

The thing I like about ANB is he can kick a goal out of nowhere. Will be right in the mix for round 1.

I was probably harsh on Harmes as it was only a glorified training run, but he hasn’t  looked crisp for a while and is probably down the pecking order in the midfield. Could we try him up forward? Is a true shot for goal and can take an overhead mark. He’s  kicked bags of 4 and 3 on occasion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hunt29 said:

Petty seems to be in full training. I thought I saw him in match sim. But seems no one else did. 

Thanks for the report Hunt29. Reports earlier in the week had Petty completing a full session but Cleary’s update had him missing yesterday (groin).Hoping you did see him yesterday, a bit of a concern if the groin issues are lingering and stalling his progress.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Thanks for the report Hunt29. Reports earlier in the week had Petty completing a full session but Cleary’s update had him missing yesterday (groin).Hoping you did see him yesterday, a bit of a concern if the groin issues are lingering and stalling his progress.

I am 100% confident he trained pre match sim with the whole group. I thought he was involved in match sim. I thought playing key defender for the B team. I could be wrong though. 

3 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Burgo’s injury update had him on a modified program due to last years injury and then an illness knocking him around over summer. It’s likely he’s been in and out of drills and they’ve just told the reporter he’s coming back from groin issues. If he’s doing a decent portion of the sessions that means they aren’t too worried. Any real concern would have him back in full rehab

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BAMF said:

1.Tmac and Fritsch rotating forward and wing

2. Hunt and Melksham moved to other positions

3. Ben Brown in.

4. Hannan moved clubs.

Thats a huge amount of changes to our forward structure and I [censored] love it.

where was melky playing? seeing reports on where everyone else has moved to and currently dont see where he's fitting in. also anyone got a clue if he was blue or white?

23 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Its hard to see everything. I'm guessing some of the issues happened after you left.

Thanks, a good article.  It confirms much of your report. 

I've taken the liberty of summarising it for those that just want a snap shot:

"MELBOURNE defender Marty Hore is headed for scans after injuring his knee in a crunching tackle at Demons training on Friday morning.

Reigning best and fairest Christian Petracca also looked in discomfort early in the two-and-a-half-hour session after copping a heavy knock to his left shoulder.

While he was taken from the field for assessment, the midfield gun returned moments later with the shoulder strapped and finished the hit-out unencumbered". 

Sounds like the tackling is quite fierce!  Hoping we don't have to much 'friendly fire' injures in the pre-season!

"Forward recruit Ben Brown impressed during one hour of match simulation, booting three goals with his typical long run-up and dead-eye approach on goal.

The 28-year-old later jarred his finger but was able to join teammates for running efforts that closed out the morning.

Brown combined in the forward 50 with Sam Weideman, while a lively Bayley Fritsch alternated between attack and the wing with a leaner Tom McDonald

Steven May sat out the match play due to a minor ankle injury but will return next week and was among a group of six who were put through lighter drills on the secondary oval.

He was joined by Clayton Oliver, who was managed for loads, Joel Smith, Kysaiah Pickett, Angus Brayshaw and Aaron vandenBerg, who is easing back after being forced to quarantine following a stint in NSW over his break.

Second-year tall Luke Jackson was reduced to running laps after reporting recent Achilles awareness and will be back in full training next week alongside draftee Jake Bowey, who nursed a corked calf.

Veteran Michael Hibberd was restricted to watching on and assisting coaches, still recovering from an ankle injury, while Harrison Petty (groin) missed".

Sounds like the minor injuries are building up.

And on the really positive side:

In defence, Jake Lever excelled alongside Adam Tomlinson and Jay Lockhart who played a lockdown role in the stronger 'A' side.

Jayden Hunt played off half-back in the same line-up and will settle in defence this season after several years playing as a half-forward.

Captain Max Gawn showed no signs of the knee injury that hampered parts of his 2020, covering the ground with ease for the entire session.

Jack Viney impressed in the midfield and landed a heavy blow on Weideman that left the forward rattled, while first-round pick Bailey Laurie was clean in congestion.

Kobe Farmer, the son of Demons great Jeff, booted one goal and showed promising signs as he vies for one of two vacant rookie spots ahead of the season.

If Cleary gives us that write-up for each session we won't have to trek to Casey.

Steve May sat on a few player out of the match??

23 hours ago, manny100 said:

I was also there watching from outside leaning up against what resembled prison bars.

22 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Nobody of note given Lever and Tomlinson were on the same side and May, Petty and Hore were sidelined.

5 hours ago, Hunt29 said:

I am 100% confident he trained pre match sim with the whole group. I thought he was involved in match sim. I thought playing key defender for the B team. I could be wrong though. 

Thanks for the reports! Any sightings of Kade Chandler? He was tracking well 12 months ago before injury derailed his season.

Edited by Tim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Turner said:

where was melky playing? seeing reports on where everyone else has moved to and currently dont see where he's fitting in. also anyone got a clue if he was blue or white?

It hasn't been reported in this thread. But in other training reports its been mentioned that he has been training with the mids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim said:

Thanks for the reports! Any sightings of Kade Chandler? He was tracking well 12 months ago before injury derailed his season.

If Chandler played yesterday it would’ve been for the “possibles” white team.

He certainly didn’t play for the “probables” blue team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turner said:

Melksham certainly did not play for the “probables” blue team and if he did play yesterday it would’ve been for the whites.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Deeman said:

Wondering if we’re going to get any training reports from this track watcher?

CF4D5950-82C2-43C4-BC23-D38591473BE2.jpeg

Dr Who?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hunt29 said:

Vanders was there. He trained but I think may have missed match sim. 

Possibly missed the match simulation under coaching instructions - we have a relatively small injury list so far this pre-season that would typically grow much larger if Vanders was permitted to play in any competitive way! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Possibly missed the match simulation under coaching instructions - we have a relatively small injury list so far this pre-season that would typically grow much larger if Vanders was permitted to play in any competitive way! 

It wouldn’t be a rehab group in January without the regular customers in Vanders and Joel Smith.

• Haha 2

Sorry to hear Marty go down with his knee he is a handy backup to have and l rate him. He missed every game in 2020 with an injury to a broken toe and then had surgery on his Quad that ended his year.

Now the ACL in 2021 just isn't fair for Marty. Hope he gets back for the start of 2022.    Good luck mate ! 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Thanks @Bring-Back-Powell and others for the write ups.

Terribly sad news for Hore.

One question for those who were there. Did we play three of Brown, Weideman, Jackson and TMac in the "A team" forward half during the whole game?

For the 45 odd minutes of match practice I saw, T Mac played the first half of the session on the wing, ie - he’d start on the wing at a centre bounce and then roam up and down the field chasing a kick. B Brown and Weid were obviously our 2 key fwds.

But in the second half of the session T Mac would start as the third key fwd at a centre bounce behind Weid and Brown. However T Mac was given a licence to roam down the field while the other two big boys were more stationed inside 50.

Jackson did not play the match practice and was instead running laps.

On Weid, he’s going to get some great protection from BBB as he’s clearly not going to get the number 1 key defender. It really is his time to have a consistent 20-22 game season and start to really hit the scoreboard and continually take some big grabs against lesser defenders.

• Like 5

On 1/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Thanks BB.

Jordan was certainly in the blue team wearing the #23.

As mentioned before, he was one of the more involved in the match sim. Can’t put my finger on it but he looks like a likely type at AFL level. We’ll see what happens.

ANB was also very busy alternating between half forward and midfield.

He’s a ripper JJ and as per my best 22 post a ways back I think he’ll feature in R1 & be the real breakout star this year w/sparrow to be right up there also.

great to hear he was in blue, great signs! Class kid I’m telling you. Choco already rates him as a real Smokey for this year also.

Believe it was Smith who got BBB.

Love the TMAC wing/fwd move now that he’s trimmed down, THIS is why he excelled 2018 as he was able to rotate fwd when opponents tired or not expecting it and get marks running back pagans paddock style. Another move I had in my best 22 so fingers crossed both pan out.

Marty Hore is a great user had a real loss. Must look at replacements. Farmer will 100% take one slot, maybe Majak or Skinner for the other.. few others it could be also inc Scharenburg.

• Like 3

“Jackson didn’t do much but was out there early and then later. Maybe having a light day or has a niggle. Didn’t seem injured. (Read afterwards he has Achilles awareness and will be back training next week)”

Achilles awareness - sounds like a promo for some Greek mythology 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nudge said:

He’s a ripper JJ and as per my best 22 post a ways back I think he’ll feature in R1 & be the real breakout star this year w/sparrow to be right up there also.

great to hear he was in blue, great signs! Class kid I’m telling you. Choco already rates him as a real Smokey for this year also.

Believe it was Smith who was on BBB

Marty Hore is a great user had a real loss. Must look at replacements. Farmer will 100% take one slot, maybe Majak or Skinner for the other.. few others it could be also inc Scharenburg.

1) Hope you’re right with Jordon. Looked the part at training...see how he goes in the pre season games.

2) Which Smith are you referring to who was on BBB.? Joel was in rehab.

3) Would be keen on Scharanberg if we are permitted to  replace Hore on the list. Too good a talent to be out of the system, albeit is terribly injury prone.