Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

Pre-PreSeason Training


Diamond_Jim
 Share


Recommended Posts




It could be

1) that he is over here visiting his dad and the club has done the right thing by inviting a potential father/son draftee to train with us knowing that he is 99.5% certain to join Freo

2) he has flipped and chosen us which has blind sided freo

3) Freo have told him that they won't pick him. He hasn't set the world on fire recently playing for peel thunder colts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm happy to sound dumb here, but he is eligible to be drafted this year isn't he?  Or is it 2021?

Yeah next year mate, alongside Taj Woewodin. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I’m sure the club would have an interested eye on Kobe. Once the kid compares our facilities to Freo’s I’m guessing he’ll stick with WA

While doing some sessions while not officially at the club so not using the AAMI Park facilities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I understand that training starts next week and will be at Casey for the next year, I’m unable to find where It has been announced by the club. Someone said Mahoney mentioned it in an interview but I can’t find where.

Can anyone point me to an announcement about this?

Edited by Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Tim said:

While I understand that training starts next week and will be at Casey for the next year, I’m unable to find where It has been announced by the club. Someone said Mahoney mentioned it in an interview but I can’t find where.

Can anyone point me to an announcement about this?

key-dates-for-melbourne-s-off-season

  • First-to-four-year players return to training: December 7 – 18
  • Main group returns to training: January 6

Not entirely sure but I think those dates are mandated by AFL/AFLPA.  Altho clubs would have players working on individual fitness programs months earlier

ps. Cute dog!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

key-dates-for-melbourne-s-off-season

  • First-to-four-year players return to training: December 7 – 18
  • Main group returns to training: January 6

Not entirely sure but I think those dates are mandated by AFL/AFLPA.  Altho clubs would have players working on individual fitness programs months earlier

ps. Cute dog!

Thanks for that, LH. I was aware of the dates, but what I’m trying to find out is where someone from the club has said that our training will be based at Casey for the next 12 months, and not at AAMI.

And yes, he is cute...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tim said:

Thanks for that, LH. I was aware of the dates, but what I’m trying to find out is where someone from the club has said that our training will be based at Casey for the next 12 months, and not at AAMI.

And yes, he is cute...

any chance you could rotate him, tim. my neck is getting sore

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tim said:

Thanks for that, LH. I was aware of the dates, but what I’m trying to find out is where someone from the club has said that our training will be based at Casey for the next 12 months, and not at AAMI.

And yes, he is cute...

I see.  Haven't seen anything official.

The closest 'official' thing I can think of is the ads for Development Coach, VFL Coach and the Volunteer Pathway all showed Casey as the location.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I see.  Haven't seen anything official.

The closest 'official' thing I can think of is the ads for Development Coach, VFL Coach and the Volunteer Pathway all showed Casey as the location.

 

i thought pathways ad mentioned aami and casey, but wasn't very specific

edit: just checked:

aflw program at aami

afl,vf,vflw program at casey

 

Edited by daisycutter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BAMF said:

It could be

1) that he is over here visiting his dad and the club has done the right thing by inviting a potential father/son draftee to train with us knowing that he is 99.5% certain to join Freo

2) he has flipped and chosen us which has blind sided freo

3) Freo have told him that they won't pick him. He hasn't set the world on fire recently playing for peel thunder colts.

I thought the Wiz was living in Perth as well, if there's an opportunity to do this are we able to get him playing for either Casey or a Victorian TAC team? If he is interested in playing for the Dees then it would be good if he could have some kind of involvement in the club. That said I'd also be mindful of putting too much pressure on the kid, for me I felt taking Jesse away from his home environment a year early was a mistake for his mental wellbeing. Hopefully he's just enjoying getting to know some of the lads.

Edited by Pates
Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, Pates said:

I thought the Wiz was living in Perth as well, if there's an opportunity to do this are we able to get him playing for either Casey or a Victorian TAC team? If he is interested in playing for the Dees then it would be good if he could have some kind of involvement in the club. That said I'd also be mindful of putting too much pressure on the kid, for me I felt taking Jesse away from his home environment a year early was a mistake for his mental wellbeing. Hopefully he's just enjoying getting to know some of the lads.

I think its been well documented for a number of years now that Wiz has been living in Melbourne for the past 5 years..

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At last... the training protocols.....

"Clubs will be able to train without restriction when outdoors after players and officials underwent another round of COVID-19 testing on Thursday and Friday.

Industry sources said players would only be required to follow the rules imposed by their state governments when away from the club.

All officials and players will still need to be screened and temperature tested before entering the club, meetings held indoor will have their numbers limited and each session should be restricted to within an hour.

Testing is unlikely to occur weekly, but a COVID-19 compliance officer will still need to make risk assessments to determine how regularly particular individuals need to be tested."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/perfect-storm-set-to-result-in-afl-medical-exodus-at-clubs-20201205-p56kux.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    BLUE VIBE AT IKON by Meggs

    It was such a nice vibe at Ikon on Friday night.     Princes Park looked in excellent condition, a relaxed but modest crowd and President Kate Roffey and CEO Gary Pert in attendance, greeting fans and shaking hands.     It was an evening with little to complain about for Dees supporters, save for some drizzling rain, a few missed scoring opportunities and the fact that the Dees as raging favourites duly took the four points.   Carlton was always going to struggle to cover

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BLUES AWAY by Meggs

    This Round 5 clash against the Blues at Princes Park (officially known as Ikon Park) is a great chance for the Dees to bounce back to the winning circle following our top-of-the-table loss to Brisbane last week.     Carlton will be missing several key players with the pundits calling 10 to nil.  Raging favouritism is never a comfortable thing for Melbourne supporters but we simply must deliver on Friday night.   History has seen these teams play four times since 2017 with the Dee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LIONS POUNCE by Meggs

    Early Sunday afternoon Meggs was coffeeing in Mornington and witnessing hail, thunder, lightning, rain, wind and feeling the freezing temperatures and knowing all these elements were heading towards Casey Fields.  Oh dear.  The Brisbane coach had said during the week that he wanted the game moved to Marvel because “if you're going to have two of the better teams in the comp playing, (it warrants) a venue and deck that suits the occasion”.  However, Casey Fields was uncharacteristi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RAINING PREMIERS by KC from Casey

    If the threatening dark grey skies that loomed above Ikon Park before the VFL Grand Final didn’t provide a sufficiently inhospitable reception for our visitors from sunny Queensland, the rains that bucketed down after quarter time certainly did. For years, the Casey Demons have welcomed opposing teams at their home fortress with rain, hail, wind and frosty conditions and it was just Southport’s luck that they met those conditions head on in the VFL’s big dance. They suited Casey’s skillful

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PRIDE OF VICTORIA by KC from Casey

    When Casey Demons coach Mark Corrigan talks about his charges putting their “best foot forward” on Sunday when they take on the Southport Sharks in the 2022 VFL Grand Final, it’s a signal that his team is on a mission not only for themselves but in  the name of their forebears, the Springvale Scorpions, and indeed for the pride and honour of the entire State of Victoria. The VFL club now known as the Casey Demons last won a premiership flag under the name of the Springvale Scorpions but tha

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NARRM AT HOME by Meggs

    For the fourth consecutive week, and the second week as the mighty Narrm, we take on a Top 8 team. Could this match be a preview of the Season 7 Grand Final?   Our opponents this week, Brisbane, stand undefeated atop the AFLW ladder after slaying the struggling Freo, and the unrated Giants and Gold Coast.  After amassing 225 points for and only 56 against, for a percentage of 401.8%, the pundits are claiming the Lions have the best attack the competition has ever seen.   Brisbane

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CHANGES 2022 by The Oracle

    Part 1: The year we stood still (or did we?).  Premiership coach David Parkin who  coincidentally turned 80 yesterday, famously used to say that even a premiership team needs to bring at least five new players into the fold in order to advance from year to year and therefore, if this adage remains true, then the Melbourne Football Club really did stand still in 2022.  Of the players recruited after the club’s premiership in September, 2021, only Luke Dunstan (5 games) managed to provid

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    NARRM BLITZES EARLY by Meggs

    The last time we played the Saints, Pride Round 3 January 2022, it was an arm wrestle for 3 quarters and a Demons highlights package for 1 quarter. Oddly familiar was our outing to Moorabbin on Sunday, except this week we are Narrm and it’s Indigenous Round.   Our highlights package was contained to a first quarter onslaught. Superior work at stoppages and our mids dominant.  We showcased our run and carry and our dynamic forward line.  With Hore, Zanker twice, Bannan, Fitzsimon and Paxy al

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE CASEY SHOW by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons will play in the VFL Grand Final at Ikon Park next Sunday after overturning their final round loss to the Brisbane Lions Reserves and dominating the Preliminary Final to emerge victorious by 51 points.  And while the distance in standards between the AFL and VFL at finals time is admittedly a wide one and the opposition and conditions different, there were a few Demons on display who excelled to the point where one was left to ask whether they could have made the difference

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...