Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2020 Phantom Drafts & Rankings

Nascent

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

It is a given that the posters who do the phantom drafts, and the others not on Demonland, who do the same, HAVE a better knowledge than me of the players coming through.  Love reading this stuff but the research, and the points thing up and down, this draft and the next, its beyond me. TBO.

Could someone average out the different Phantom drafts, remove the players 1-16 say,   we have 18 and 19,  and perhaps get to say 25, and then we or I could look at say a list of  10 players, of whom we might take 2.

Has someone got the time, patience, and perseverance,  let alone computer skills,  Even better if someone who has "inside knowledge" might suggest a target like Jackson, when he was mentioned only a week or so before the draft last year, before that I cannot remember him being spoken of.

If you do  you have my grateful thanks, and I can think of interesting things for a day or so.    Go Dees

even paid my membership the other day on the back of BigBB coming on board. Was not going to, I thought I would wait, but

I have.

Pretty tough ask as we are still two weeks out from the draft and given the year we've had. We're likely to hear a lot more whispers in the days leading up to the draft. I'm no draft expert and haven't watched any of these kids play live so I'll put that caveat out there but I'll put my two-cents in from what I've read and gleaned from various phantom drafts and so called experts.

Club rankings are likely to vary widely more so this year due to the lack of exposure so it wouldn't surprise me to see someone ranked in the top 15 slide out to our picks or have a name or two that most aren't familiar with pop up in the first and second round.

Kids Unavailable to us ranked in the first or second round

1. Jamarra Ugle-Hagen - Western Bulldogs NGA - tipped to go between 1-3
  2. Braeden Campbell - Sydney Academy - tipped to go between 5 - 10
  3. Lachie Jones - Port Adelaide NGA - tipped to go between 8 - 15
  4. Reef McInnes - Collingwood NGA - tipped late 1st to early 2nd round, Cal Twomey has suggested he is being considered to be "bid on" by Essendon at one of their picks
  5. Conner Downie - Hawthorn NGA - tipped to go 2nd round
  6. Errol Gulden - Sydney NGA - tipped to go 2nd round

I expect all clubs to match bids for these players. There was some suggestion that swans could pass on Guldon depending on where a bid lay but with a change in the draft rules and Sydney now stockpiling late picks I expect they will pick him up.

Gold Coast pre-listed players ranked in the first and second round

1. Alex Davies 
  2. Joel Jeffrey

The players that I expect to be gone before our picks.

1. Logan McDonald
  2. Riley Thilthorpe
  3. Elijah Hollands
  4. Denver Grainger-Barrass
  5. Will Phillips
  6. Archie Perkins
  7. Heath Chapman
  8. Nik Cox
  9. Finlay Macrae
  10. Zach Reid
  11. Tanner Bruhn
  12. Oliver Henry

The next group that could be in the mix for our selections

1. Tom Powell
  2. Brayden Cook
  3. Nathan O'Driscoll
  4. Jack Carroll
  5. Zane Trew
  6. Zavier Maher
  7. Bailey Laurie
  8. Caleb Poulter
  9. Zac Dumesney
  10. Conor Stone
  11. Sam Berry
  12. Eddie Ford
  13. Corey Durdin
  14. Jake Bowey
  15. Matt Allison*
  16. Kaine Baldwin*

*I could see us taking a tall and have included the next best ranked talls I could see.

Sorry, its probably not exactly what you were after but it's the best I can do at this point. Perhaps someone with good mail might be able to give more insight into our possible draft selections @Yokozuna

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOdmcD8K-U

The above is the link to the game that put Mitchell on the map.  He kicks the first goal and then has an excellent third quarter from the 1hr51min mark.

It’s been a golden age for draft enthusiasts over the last 18months with the NAB League App and youtube channel having most matches available for review.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to both Gawndog98 and Goodoil for your bravery in committing to a phantom draft.  I like Goodoil’s lateral thinking on the potential pick trades. The one for Collingwood is particularly interesting - I think the way the Reef McInnes pick plays out is going to be an interesting aspect of the draft.  The Pies need a lifter and getting Elijah Hollands along with McInnes could be an important boost to their stocks and morale at the moment.

I have a bit of a tradition of my own at this time in the lead up to the draft where I pick a player of interest* and I’m going for Jake Bowey at pick 18 or 19. In some respects, I’m going against my grain because I think we have enough undersize players at the club already (nothing against Kozzy or Charlie but I have a view that there’s a limit to the number of smalls you can have on a list and I think we’re about there). 

I usually try to get to a few NAB Cup games and like to make it for the finals. I have an association with the Sandy Dragons going back to the start of the competition and saw one or two of their games from last year.  I’ve also seen plenty of vision of Bowey as an underager and I think he would be one of the draft’s bargains if we can secure him at 18/19. Despite his 175cm stature, he ticks all of the boxes you need for a small forward. Persistent attack on the footy, excellent disposal and consistency.  He could just about be right to go from the start and can see him hitting Ben Brown on the chest. With Kozzy and Bowey at the big forward’s feet, the pressure on opposition defenders is going to be enormous. I think the comparison with Shai Bolton is not out of order and Bowey might also find himself playing in the midfield. 

* the first time I tried this exercise at draft time, I picked out Nathan Jones and a year later I went for Chip Frawley but I haven’t  picked a Demon since. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, 640MD said:

It is a given that the posters who do the phantom drafts, and the others not on Demonland, who do the same, HAVE a better knowledge than me of the players coming through.  Love reading this stuff but the research, and the points thing up and down, this draft and the next, its beyond me. TBO.

Could someone average out the different Phantom drafts, remove the players 1-16 say,   we have 18 and 19,  and perhaps get to say 25, and then we or I could look at say a list of  10 players, of whom we might take 2.

Has someone got the time, patience, and perseverance,  let alone computer skills,  Even better if someone who has "inside knowledge" might suggest a target like Jackson, when he was mentioned only a week or so before the draft last year, before that I cannot remember him being spoken of.

If you do  you have my grateful thanks, and I can think of interesting things for a day or so.    Go Dees

even paid my membership the other day on the back of BigBB coming on board. Was not going to, I thought I would wait, but

I have.

I think with our top 2 picks we will take a outside midfielder/running defender with one and a small forward with the other. I'm not sure what we do with other 2 picks, I've compiled a list of 9 players in order of preference that would be well suited to our needs, a few of them could potentially slip to our pick 28 as well (Laurie, Bowey, Poulter). I think worst case we end up with 2 of of Poulter, Laurie, and Bowey (could potentially snag all 3) which I'd still be happy with but hopefully Carroll is on the board at our first pick. I'd like to pick up one key position player which I think it's actually more likely now that Baldwin could still be on the board at our 3rd round pick. I didn't include Macrae because I think the chances of him getting to our pick is extremely slim but he would be number 1 if he was available.

Outside midfielder/running defender

1.     Jack Carroll (WA) – 188cm, 76kg, plays like: Hugh McCluggage

Carroll is one of the classiest players in the draft pool, he combines elite decision making and disposal efficiency to break open games either at half back, on a wing, or as an inside mid. He has a penetrating left foot and his decision making makes him deadly with ball in hand. Carroll is just as classy as he is tough, he successfully proved himself as a midfielder this season where he displayed his courage around the ball by throwing himself at packs, he averaged 15 contested disposals per game this season in the WAFL Colts which led the league. He never shirks a contest and is prepared to go back with the flight of the ball where his overhead marking is another strength of his. Carroll also has a range of weapons athletically, he stands at 188cm, ran a 3.018 seconds 20m sprint, a 8.67 seconds agility test, and possesses a 88cm running vertical leap, add onto that he is one of the youngest players in the pool which indicates a lot more room for growth. Jack has tremendous upside and will take a few years to build his endurance to a level where he can play on a wing or inside midfield, but he can definitely have a big influence early on as a running defender. In my opinion Carroll is the missing piece to our midfield or defence, he is exactly what we are looking for and already has connections with Riv and Jacko where he played a lot of footy with them last year at East Fremantle.

2.     Nathan O’Driscoll (WA) – 187cm, 76kg, plays like: Cam Guthrie

In my opinion O’Driscoll is one of the most underrated players in the pool due to his ability to play just about any position/role for the team. O’Driscoll can: lockdown the oppositions best midfielder, lock down the best small/medium forward, or collect 25+ touches at half back, on a wing, or as an inside mid. O’Driscoll might just be the hardest working player in the pool where he works up and down the ground really hard on offence and defence. He is a highly competitive and courageous player who is a strong overhead mark and sticks to his man like glue if required to. His kicking isn’t as bad as some people make it out to be, he hits easy targets and plays within his limitations most of the time, if he was able to improve his kicking to hit more difficult kicks he could become a seriously good player. O’Driscoll shines athletically where he stands at 187cm, ran a 2.931 seconds 20m sprint, a 8.12 seconds agility test, and 6:23 minutes 2km time trial, which his size, athleticism, and competitiveness give him the versatility to play on taller and smaller players. O’Driscoll is also a great character, he’s very easy going, is well liked by all his teammates, is a natural leader, he’s just someone you’d want to have around your club. The key benefit of drafting Nathan is his versatility, he could fill Nev’s role as a lockdown defender, he could play on the opposite wing to Langdon where he runs all day, or he could provide rebound off a half back flank, he’s someone who is very high on my list of wants.

3.     Brayden Cook (SA) – 189cm, 82kg, plays like: Jaidyn Stephenson

This years bolter Brayden Cook has shown the ability to turn games on their heads this year where he has kicked big bags of goals as a wingman or medium forward. He has the build of a prototypical modern footballer where has grown to 189cm and possesses a handy 74cm running vertical leap, which allows for his point of difference, his overhead marking ability. He is a terrific one-on-one mark, and is also capable of taking a pack mark. He is incredibly clean on ground level, knows where the goals are, and has a nice bag of tricks. Whilst not being an elite kick, his kicking is good and is well complimented by his excellent decision making and vision. He doesn’t have elite speed either but is nimble where he ran a 8.45 seconds agility test, and has a nice tank which he ran a 6:48 minutes 2km time trial. Cook is a quintessential link up player who can either impact at the start, middle, or finish of a scoring chain and is a very versatile player. Likely starts his career as a medium forward but I suspect he could even play off a half back flank with his overhead marking ability, and can eventually move to a wing once he improved his strength and fitness.

4.     Caleb Poulter (SA) – 192cm, 79kg, plays like: Bailey Smith

Poulter is a modern day tall midfielder who hurts the opposition on the inside and outside. Poulter’s upside is enormous where he has the class, athleticism, and point of difference to one day be an absolute star of the competition. Poulter is a classy, penetrating left foot kick and is an excellent decision maker where he regularly lowers his eyes going inside 50. His point of difference is his 192cm frame which he uses around the ground as a marking option where he has a clean set of hands. He also uses his large frame around the ball to win clearances and is a keen tackler which he can be intimidating around the ball at times. He also has really clean hands and can effectively execute long handballs which release teammates into space. To go with all that Poulter ran a 3.058 seconds 20m sprint (very impressive for his size), has a 81cm running vertical jump, and also ran a 6:38 minutes 2km time trial. Poulter can be utilised as either as an outside or inside midfielder due to his tank and class, where he often gets involved in offensive chains where he doesn’t stop running. Poulter just needs to work on his four quarter consistency and if he can add size to his frame he will be a force to be reckoned with. He probably plays his best footy as an inside midfielder but also very capable as an outside midfielder, or potentially at half back due to his overhead marking. If he kept growing he could become a key position player size whilst at the moment he can also effectively play as a medium forward. Potentially could be a flight risk, but he presents enormous upside and might be too hard to pass up on if the players above are already taken. Would also be impossible not to talk about Poulter without giving a shoutout to his incredible mullet, which he will stand out as a future cult hero.

5.     Jake Bowey (VIC) – 175cm, 67kg, plays like: Shai Bolton

Bowey might just be the most skillful player in the draft and is extremely versatile which he can play as outside mid, small forward, or a rebounding defender. Bowey’s best asset is his elite kick, and he is a sound decision maker, he might be the best player with ball in hand in this years draft. He can rack up disposals where every one of them hurts the opposition on a wing or at half back, and has shown he can regularly hit the scoreboard as a small forward. Bowey’s obvious drawback is his size which is why he will be overlooked early which he is no doubt a first round pick with his skillset. However he makes up for his lack of size with terrific athletic traits, he ran a 2.95 seconds 20m sprint, a 8.07 seconds agility test, and possesses a 88cm running vertical leap which he showed in the futures game on Grand Final day in 2019 he can get up for a hanger. Bowey also shows a lot of toughness and courage for his size where he’s a keen tackler who will look to bring down any player despite his size. Bowey just has to work on the contested side of his game and add some size so he doesn’t get knocked off the ball as regularly. Jake would be a great pick up and his skillset is exactly what the dees are looking for, which he could be utilised most likely as a small forward at the start of his career and then potentially push up the ground as he builds his endurance base.

Small forward

1.     Blake Coleman (QL) – 181cm, 79kg, plays like: Liam Ryan

Coleman is tied to Brisbane’s NGA Academy, however they could potentially pass if a bid came earlier than expected at one of our first rounders where the Lions have a pick shortly after and have other academy prospects to bring in. Nevertheless, It is unlikely the Lions pass on a bid for Coleman, but he has a lot of exciting attributes as a small forward where he could form a damaging partnership with Kozzy. Coleman is deadly at ground level, he appears a lot quicker than his 3.072 seconds 20m sprint, he is an incredibly smart crumber and is capable of kicking those incredible goals. He also has incredible agility, is a great kick with ball in hand and a great decision maker where he also has the long handball skills to open teammates into space. Coleman’s point of difference is he’s just as damaging in the air as he is on ground level, he is a really strong 1v1 and even contested mark, and is clever at deciding whether to go fly for a mark or stay down for the crumb. Coleman also applies relentless forward pressure where he uses his speed at ground level. Coleman just has to work on his endurance and four quarter consistency but he has all the tools to be a really dangerous small forward. Coleman is best utilised close to goal and would be the perfect small forward to partner Kozzy if the Lions didn’t match a bid.

2.     Bailey Laurie (VIC) – 179cm, 78kg, plays like: Zak Butters

Laurie is a classy small forward/midfielder who plays his best footy in that high half forward role. Laurie is a high impact per possession player where he uses his lethal kicking and decision making going inside 50 creating scores for his teammates and himself. He is incredibly crafty and hard to tackle which is aided by 7.97 seconds agility test where he in games he really uses that agility to weave in and out of tacklers. Laurie does great work around stoppages, his poise and footy IQ really stands out where he consistently makes good decisions under heavy pressure. Laurie is a natural crumber up forward and whilst he’s not a dominant overhead mark he has a knack of knowing where to run to get on the end of a chain. The defensive side of Laurie’s game is also good, he’s a good pressure player where he uses his strong endurance base (6:24 minutes 2km time trial) to keep chasing defenders. Laurie’s only downfall is that he doesn’t have elite small forward speed, he ran a 3.06 20m sprint so he still has some toe but he makes up for a lack of speed with his high footy IQ and nimbleness. Laurie’s a very versatile player who could partner Kozzy up forward, play Melksham’s role as that high half forward, or I suspect he could even play on a wing with his strong endurance base and kicking skills. In the future Laurie could also run through the midfield where he has that high impact per possession skills that not many of our mids have.

3.     Jake Bowey (VIC) – 175cm, 67kg, plays like: Shai Bolton

See above 

4.     Errol Gulden (NSW) – 175cm, 75kg, plays like: Karl Amon

Gulden is tied to Sydney’s NGA academy but there is a slight chance they may not match a bid if a bid came earlier than expected due to them having a few similar players and the Swans were to go into draft points deficit next year which would affect their first round pick. Gulden can be utilised either as a small forward or outside midfielder. Whilst his 3.10 seconds 20m sprint and 8.55 seconds agility test may not indicate that he’s super quick, on the field he shows lightning pace which he uses to cause chaos for the opposition. Gulden possesses high footy IQ and is a very classy player, he also knows how to rack up a lot of disposals as a midfielder. Gulden plays with a hard edge where he is a relentless tackler up forward and operates well at the feet of the tall forwards. Whilst he often hurts teams with his penetrating kicks, his decision making can be a bit scratchy sometimes where he tries to bite off too much. Gulden is a highly versatile player and whilst he probably ends up at Sydney he’d be a suitable small forward partner for Kozzy or could play on a wing or half back. 

Edited by Gawndog98
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, Gawndog98 said:

I think with our top 2 picks we will take a outside midfielder/running defender with one and a small forward with the other. I'm not sure what we do with other 2 picks, I've compiled a list of 9 players in order of preference that would be well suited to our needs, a few of them could potentially slip to our pick 28 as well

Thank you      Thankyou      Thankyou

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gawndog98 said:

Small forward

1.     Blake Coleman (QL) – 181cm, 79kg, plays like: Liam Ryan

Coleman is tied to Brisbane’s NGA Academy, however they could potentially pass if a bid came earlier than expected at one of our first rounders where the Lions have a pick shortly after and have other academy prospects to bring in. Nevertheless, It is unlikely the Lions pass on a bid for Coleman, but he has a lot of exciting attributes as a small forward where he could form a damaging partnership with Kozzy. Coleman is deadly at ground level, he appears a lot quicker than his 3.072 seconds 20m sprint, he is an incredibly smart crumber and is capable of kicking those incredible goals. He also has incredible agility, is a great kick with ball in hand and a great decision maker where he also has the long handball skills to open teammates into space. Coleman’s point of difference is he’s just as damaging in the air as he is on ground level, he is a really strong 1v1 and even contested mark, and is clever at deciding whether to go fly for a mark or stay down for the crumb. Coleman also applies relentless forward pressure where he uses his speed at ground level. Coleman just has to work on his endurance and four quarter consistency but he has all the tools to be a really dangerous small forward. Coleman is best utilised close to goal and would be the perfect small forward to partner Kozzy if the Lions didn’t match a bid.

Another kid who would be perfect for us but will instead go to a top 4 team under the ridiculous academy rules.

The AFL draft - the worst draft in world sports.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Another kid who would be perfect for us but will instead go to a top 4 team under the ridiculous academy rules.

The AFL draft - the worst draft in world sports.

yeah it's pretty annoying, still a chance Brisbane don't match though considering they'd lose their pick 25 (they might rate someone over Coleman), they have an abundance of small forwards, and they have 2 other academy players in Crozier and Michael who will likely attract bids, they probably can't take all 3 of them.

• Like 1

Also here's an update to my phantom draft from last week, if you want to check out any write-ups for the players I've got us picking they shouldn't be too hard to find in this thread or a few other threads. Overall with our first 3 picks we pick up 3 really classy and quick players who will compliment our inside grunt really well. Then have us picking up a long term key forward with our last pick who would've been a top 10 pick if he hadn't been injured.

R1

1.     Adelaide – Logan MacDonald (WA) – key forward

2.     Western Bulldogs (NGA) – Jamarra Ugle-Hagain (VIC) – key forward

3.     North Melbourne – Elijah Hollands (VIC) – balanced midfielder/general forward

4.     Sydney – Denver Grainger-Barrass (WA) – key defender

5.     Hawthorn – Riley Thilthorpe (SA) – key forward

6.     Gold Coast – Will Phillips (VIC) – inside midfielder

7.     Essendon – Archie Perkins (VIC) – balanced midfielder/general forward

8.     Sydney (NGA) – Braeden Campbell (NSW) – balanced midfielder/small forward

9.     Essendon – Nik Cox (VIC) – tall utility

10.  Port Adelaide (NGA) – Lachlan Jones (SA) – general defender 

11.  Essendon – Zach Reid (VIC) – key defender

12.  Adelaide – Tanner Bruhn (VIC) – inside midfielder

13.  GWS – Oliver Henry (VIC) – general utility

14.  North Melbourne – Heath Chapman (WA) – general defender

15.  Fremantle – Finlay Macrae (VIC) – balanced midfielder 

16.  GWS – Nathan O’Driscoll (WA) – balanced midfielder/general defender

17.  Collingwood – Brayden Cook (SA) – outside midfielder/general forward

18.  Collingwood (NGA) – Reef McInnes (VIC) – inside midfielder/general utility

19.  GWS – Jack Carroll (WA) – balanced midfielder/general defender

20.  Richmond – Tom Powell (SA) – inside midfielder

21.  Hawthorn (NGA) – Connor Downie (VIC) – outside midfielder/general defender

22.  Melbourne – Caleb Poulter (SA) – balanced midfielder/general forward

23.  Brisbane (NGA) – Blake Coleman (QL) – small forward

24.  Melbourne – Bailey Laurie (VIC) – small forward/balanced midfielder

25.  Sydney (NGA) – Errol Gulden (NSW) – outside midfielder/small forward

26.  GWS – Eddie Ford (VIC) – general forward/inside midfielder

27.  St Kilda – Zavier Maher (VIC) – inside midfielder

R2

28.  Adelaide – Zane Trew (WA) – inside midfielder

29.  Adelaide – Zac Dumensy (SA) – outside midfielder/general defender

30.  Gold Coast – PASS 

31.  Fremantle (NGA) – Brandon Walker (WA) – general defender

32.  Melbourne – Jake Bowey (VIC) – small utility 

33.  GWS – Jackson Callow (TAS) – key forward/key defender 

34.  North Melbourne – Sam Berry (VIC) – inside midfielder

35.  Fremantle (NGA) – Joel Western (WA) – balanced midfielder/small forward

36.  Carlton – Corey Durdin (SA) – small forward

37.  Richmond – Matt Allison (VIC) – key forward

38.  Carlton – Patrick Walker (TAS) – outside midfielder

39.  Essendon (NGA) – Cody Brand (VIC) – key defender

40.  Adelaide (NGA) – Tariek Newchurch (SA) – small forward

41.  North Melbourne – Liam Kolar (VIC) – key forward

R3

42.  Hawthorn – Max Heath (VIC) – Ruck 

43.  Hawthorn – Jack Ginnivan (VIC) – general forward/inside midfielder

44.  Melbourne – Kaine Baldwin (SA) – key forward

45.  Geelong – Henry Walsh (VIC) – Ruck 

46.  GWS – PASS 

47.  Brisbane – Shannon Neale (WA) - Ruck

48.  Western Bulldogs – Isiah Winder (WA) – small utility 

49.  Brisbane – Luke Edwards (SA) – general defender

50.  Port Adelaide – Connor Stone (VIC) – general utility

51.  Richmond – Fraser Rosman (VIC) – outside midfielder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think the best result for us would be Carroll, Laurie, Bowey and Winder in that order.

So our Casey team will look like :

B: LOCKHART, SMITH, JETTA

HB: WINDER, HORE, CARROLL

C : VANDENBERG, JONES, BOWEY

HF: NEAL-BULLEN, PETTY, LAURIE

F: BEDFORD, M.BROWN, SPARGO

FOLL: BRADTKE, SPARROW, JORDON

IC: CHANDLER, NEITCHSKE, ROOKIE

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I reckon we’ll trade up, especially if we only have 3 picks. 18+28 would get us what?? 13-14 ish

anyone in the know have an idea who we would go for around the pick 14 mark?

Would need to get a pick back in that deal, say something in the 40's.

I'd rather have picks 18 and 28 than just pick 13 or 14.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I reckon we’ll trade up, especially if we only have 3 picks. 18+28 would get us what?? 13-14 ish

Agree we will trade up with a combo of picks like that. We did well to get two end of first rounders, however we’ve been snookered by other clubs (Ess, GWS) having more first rounders than expected.

We need to trade up to get our hands on Macrae, Perkins, Cook or Carrol IMO.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, Dr.D said:

nah I doubt you have. the only way you sit in on those meetings is if you work for a club. And if you worked for a club you wouldn't be writing on forums. Nice try. Just another armchair expert whose opinions are only as good as the next phantom draft that gets released. 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, adonski said:

That's doctor/patient confidentiality, I can't comment  

@adonski, first name Shirley?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

If we can package up some picks to get North's pick 11 (North just looking to add more young talent) that will be high enough to get Macrae who's the best wingman in the draft. I'm quite happy with where we are at the moment though, there's every chance Carroll, Cook, or O'Driscoll could get through, and if not guys like Poulter, Laurie, and Bowey are still really good prospects who suit our needs and could even step into the team round 1 next year. The difference between 19 and 28 will only be about 4-5 picks come draft night due to teams between those picks, losing their picks due to academy bids, so I would've thought something like 19+28 should get us pick 11.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gawndog98 said:

If we can package up some picks to get North's pick 11 (North just looking to add more young talent) that will be high enough to get Macrae who's the best wingman in the draft. I'm quite happy with where we are at the moment though, there's every chance Carroll, Cook, or O'Driscoll could get through, and if not guys like Poulter, Laurie, and Bowey are still really good prospects who suit our needs and could even step into the team round 1 next year. The difference between 19 and 28 will only be about 4-5 picks come draft night due to teams between those picks, losing their picks due to academy bids, so I would've thought something like 19+28 should get us pick 11.

Herald sun reporting that North will hold onto pick 2. Given they are thought to be after multiple draft picks it might make their pick 11 more getable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Colm said:

Herald sun reporting that North will hold onto pick 2. Given they are thought to be after multiple draft picks it might make their pick 11 more getable. 

Yeah I heard they are even planning on using their pick 71 or whatever it is, might suggest they are after more picks.

11 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Too bad Paul Roos wasn't that smart for us when he gave away pick 2 aka Josh Kelly.

North doing the right thing.

Salem and Ben Brown is a quite good return

• Like 4