Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

HELP NEEDED: Proud to Give Major Auction Fundraising Items

Demonland

Since the launch of the Melbourne Football Club's Proud to Belong, Proud to Give fundraising program in June, supporters have raised over $500,000 for the Club. These funds are a major contribution towards ensuring the Demons remain an AFL unassisted Club, but there is still a long way to go ...

The next step in the fundraising campaign is that shortly the Club will be launching the Proud to Give Major Auction in the lead up to Christmas, with all funds raised addressing the $5M financial impact created by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Melbourne Football Club would like members & supporters to donate items, goods or services that they can auction them off for the campaign. For example, a lot of present & past players have donated unique items such as match worn signed jumpers (Garry Lyon for example), experiences and services of their own personal businesses.

If you are able to help and have something unique to donate to the auction, whether that be goods or services. (doesn’t even need to be MFC related), any donation items can be emailed to - [email protected]

• Like 1

• Demonland changed the title to HELP NEEDED: Proud to Give Major Auction Fundraising Items

Now that we have access to Regional Vic I am heading back to the Goulburn Valley this weekend to visit the folks. I have a whole shed of late 80s and 90s Memorabilia that is currently gathering dust and cobwebs. I'll sort through it and hopefully be able to part with some of it for this.

Someone will definitely want my signed Darren Bennett poster. He signed it along his outstretched leg.

I also have a signed Todd Viney headband that I wore my entire junior footy career. Last time I checked the signature was still visible.

On a serious note though I do have some great framed/signed memorabilia that I could donate.

Kudos to the MFC for continuing to raise dollars to keep the Club an unassisted club.

Edited by pewpewpew
  • Like 5

On 11/10/2020 at 10:10 AM, Demonland said:

Since the launch of the Melbourne Football Club's Proud to Belong, Proud to Give fundraising program in June, supporters have raised over $500,000 for the Club. These funds are a major contribution towards ensuring the Demons remain an AFL unassisted Club, but there is still a long way to go ...

The next step in the fundraising campaign is that shortly the Club will be launching the Proud to Give Major Auction in the lead up to Christmas, with all funds raised addressing the $5M financial impact created by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Melbourne Football Club would like members & supporters to donate items, goods or services that they can auction them off for the campaign. For example, a lot of present & past players have donated unique items such as match worn signed jumpers (Garry Lyon for example), experiences and services of their own personal businesses.

If you are able to help and have something unique to donate to the auction, whether that be goods or services. (doesn’t even need to be MFC related), any donation items can be emailed to - [email protected]

Would the club be interest in framed signed guernseys? I have multiple ones that I've made over the years. The only problem is that none of them have certificates of authentication as I've been the one to collect the signatures and have organised for them to be framed. They are all legit and I have players from the 80s and 90s. They are all just in my garage and they probably deserve to be displayed somewhere.

• Like 2

I have an unworn jumper with tags and the autographs of most of the last premiership team which I was able to get when they had their 50 year reunion at the Bentleigh Club.  I think I was able to snaffle a couple of table cards from Barassi's and Hassa's tables.

I bought the jumper in the dark days when Jimmy was ill, we had no FOJ sponsors and wore the 'Reach' label and our BOJ sponsor (some energy company) had gone belly up.  I put # 11 on the back.

My intention is to donate it to the club but am waiting to add the next demons premiership team autographs.  Yes, I know it may be a long wait.  But it will be a special item when it happens.

That little anecdote aside a friend of mine has the small commemorative silk flags in the days when they were given out or sold for finals.  I'll see if she is happy to part with them for the club.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5

On 11/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, Lefty said:

Would the club be interest in framed signed guernseys? I have multiple ones that I've made over the years. The only problem is that none of them have certificates of authentication as I've been the one to collect the signatures and have organised for them to be framed. They are all legit and I have players from the 80s and 90s. They are all just in my garage and they probably deserve to be displayed somewhere.

You'll have to email the club.

[email protected]

21 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I have an unworn jumper with tags and the autographs of most of the last premiership team which I was able to get when they had their 50 year reunion at the Bentleigh Club.  I think I was able to snaffle a couple of table cards from Barassi's and Hassa's tables.

I bought the jumper in the dark days when Jimmy was ill, we had no FOJ sponsors and wore the 'Reach' label and our BOJ sponsor (some energy company) had gone belly up.  I put # 11 on the back.

My intention is to donate it to the club but am waiting to add the next demons premiership team autographs.  Yes, I know it may be a long wait.  But it will be a special item when it happens.

That little anecdote aside a friend of mine has the small commemorative silk flags in the days when they were given out or sold for finals.  I'll see if she is happy to part with them for the club.

I'd be interested to hear about other unique items people have stashed away.

• Like 1

I've got a Robbie Flower Patch.    Yes a Flower Patch! Circa '77.

2 signed footys from the Daniher era.

And the bits of Terry Wallaces teeth  surgically removed from Rod Grinters arm Circa '88.

Edited by Biffen
  • Haha 4

I have an offer of prize 

3 nights for 2 people at Lockwood cottage Beechworth. valued at $720

Off peak Mon-Thursday non school holidays

These conditionsare actually for the best time to see Beechworth, Australia's Tidy Town winner again and one of the most popular destinations in NE Victoria.

The gateway to the high country alpine valleys and wine regions King Valley, Rutherglen and Beechworth itself.

can provide more detail if required.

The cottage can be viewed on Air BnB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, dpositive said:

I have an offer of prize 

These conditionsare actually for the best time to see Beechworth, Australia's Tidy Town winner again and one of the most popular destinations in NE Victoria.

The gateway to the high country alpine valleys and wine regions King Valley, Rutherglen and Beechworth itself.

That’s awesome. You should email [email protected]

Hang on. Now the club is talking about a $5 million deficit this year? We were also over $600,000 at one point, so interesting it's being talked of as $500,000 being raised.

I may have misread the email sent by the club earlier in the year, but it was my understanding that we'd be in a position to be an unassisted debt-free club by the end of the year if we raised $1 million. We didn't get there, so I figured we'd be $200-300,000 short. Now it's $5 million?

I know these are exceptional circumstances and it's been a tough year, but going to the supporters every few years is not a sustainable business model. This was Cameron Schwab's problem. 

Have I missed something here?

1 hour ago, A F said:

Hang on. Now the club is talking about a $5 million deficit this year? We were also over $600,000 at one point, so interesting it's being talked of as $500,000 being raised.

I may have misread the email sent by the club earlier in the year, but it was my understanding that we'd be in a position to be an unassisted debt-free club by the end of the year if we raised $1 million. We didn't get there, so I figured we'd be $200-300,000 short. Now it's $5 million?

I know these are exceptional circumstances and it's been a tough year, but going to the supporters every few years is not a sustainable business model. This was Cameron Schwab's problem. 

Have I missed something here?

I've read it as we have been impacted by $5,000,000 this year compared to an ordinary year, not that we are now in debt by $5mil. Just highlighting how significant COVID has affected normal business. This is probably made up of the $3mil reduction in soft cap and the result of loss of income from gameday takings, membership, merchandise etc... My understanding is that we have budgeted for this and we're still on target for being unassisted/debt free with approximately $1mil donated.

The statement that we have raised over $500,000 is still true, why they haven't said $600,000+ could be a number of things and anyone's guess. Perhaps they want to add a perception of urgency so people are more likely to donate further? Perhaps its just a nice round number. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Nascent said:

I've read it as we have been impacted by $5,000,000 this year compared to an ordinary year, not that we are now in debt by $5mil. Just highlighting how significant COVID has affected normal business. This is probably made up of the $3mil reduction in soft cap and the result of loss of income from gameday takings, membership, merchandise etc... My understanding is that we have budgeted for this and we're still on target for being unassisted/debt free with approximately $1mil donated.

The statement that we have raised over $500,000 is still true, why they haven't said $600,000+ could be a number of things and anyone's guess. Perhaps they want to add a perception of urgency so people are more likely to donate further? Perhaps its just a nice round number. 

Fair enough. And yeah, as a fund-raiser myself, I find the bigger the number, the harder it is to raise, so the same urgency should still be there with only $400k to reach.

Anyway, we'll see.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 2:13 PM, dpositive said:

I have an offer of prize 

I should say that the "valued at" is the cost foregone when the house is filled..

We often get couples from NSWmeeting someone from Melbourne

While offered to 2 can probably negotiate for a family of demons.

• 2 weeks later...