Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Projected Best 22's 2021

so based on the list starting to fill out prior to the draft...

Seniors
B: Hibberd - May - Lever
HB: Salem - Tomlinson - Rivers
C : Langdon - Petracca - Baker
HF: Melksham - Weideman - Hunt
F: Fritsch - B Brown - Pickett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Harmes - Jackson - Brayshaw - vandenBerg
Emerg: Spargo - McDonald - Neal-Bullen - Petty

Reserves
B: Jetta - Smith - Hore
HB: Jordon - McDonald - Lockhart
C : Nietschke - Jones - GAP
HF: Neal-Bullen - Petty - Spargo
F: GAP - M Brown - Bedford
Foll: Bradtke - Sparrow - Chandler
I/c: all draft picks?

not considered: Kolodjashnij

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Seniors

Reserves

if this club was serious theres no way vandenberg plays next year at all, sparrow and jordon have a free run at that spot as soon as jones hits 300 games

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turner said:

if this club was serious theres no way vandenberg plays next year at all, sparrow and jordon have a free run at that spot as soon as jones hits 300 games

I would have to agree based on 2020 form. Melksham as well should be told his form was sub par and he’s no walk up start. 

9 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Seniors

Reserves

Looking at your team I mostly agree with everything so here are the spaces I think the team has issues on the ground:

HB: Rivers named in the flank, his 2020 was brilliant and I think he’s a gun for the future but will he get second year blues? Would Jetta be the likely replacement?

C : I also agree that Baker will be groomed from the start of the pre-season to take the other wing. I was bitterly disappointed that we put all our eggs into the Smith basket during trade period. AFL.com.au suggested Harmes could take the other side, as another random thought could Nibbler be a back up option?

HF: All are players that can hit the scoreboard and have a positive impact but all three are terrible at applying forward pressure. Melksham was terrible in 2020 and it baffles me he was never dropped.

F: The addition of Brown straightens us up and if he gets anywhere near his Coleman form then we will be look much better. But the same issue exists from the half forward, lack of forward pressure. Fritta and Kozzie need to be better at it (Kozzie is good but could still be better)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

Seniors

Reserves

You have no defenders on the bench unless you want Harmes to fail again. My only difference is move McDonald to CHB and use Tomlinson as the 7th defender and drop vandenBerg.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:06 AM, Pickett2Jackson said:

Lever              May                 Hibberd

Hore               Petty                Salem

Langdon         Oliver              Rivers

Fritsch          Weideman       Hunt

Pickett           B.Brown         Jackson

Gawn             Petracca         Viney

IC      Brayshaw      Baker    Harmes    Melksham

Emergencies   -     Sparrow    Tomlinson     Spargo     Lockhart

I love the look of the forward line, plenty of speed and unpredictability in there especially when Trac rests there. Backing Hunt in to be a consistent forward, not with much confidence though. If he can step up we will be so much more dangerous.

Petty will make CHB his, watch this space.   Hore to have a great season sweeping up and intercepting across halfback.

We really need an experienced back up ruckman.

Updated team

In  -     Laurie,  Bowey, T Mac

Out -   Melksham,   Baker,  Petty

Lever              May                  Hibberd

Hore              T McDonald     Salem

Fritsch          Weideman       Bowey

IC      Brayshaw     Hunt   Harmes   Laurie

EMG  -  Melksham,  Sparrow,  Spargo, Tomlinson

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

12 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Updated team

In  -     Laurie,  Bowey, T Mac

Out -   Melksham,   Baker,  Petty

Lever              May                  Hibberd

Hore              T McDonald     Salem

Fritsch          Weideman       Bowey

IC      Brayshaw     Hunt   Harmes   Laurie

EMG  -  Melksham,  Sparrow,  Spargo, Tomlinson

Are we playing a side with no quick small forwards.  If we see TMac/Hore/Lever/May in the same backline we are having massive injury issues

My best 22

Lockhart May Lever

Rivers Tomlinson Hibberd

Langdon Oliver Sparrow

Fritsch Weiderman Melksham

Pickett B Brown Jackson

Gawn

Viney

Petracca

Brayshaw, Hunt, Harmes, Jetta

To me our back 6 looked more settled in the back half of the year as Tomlinson playing more of true defensive tall allowing Lever to be third man up.  I bring Jetta in hoping he was injured last year  and he can still hold down the small lockdown defender.  I can't see any of our recently drafted players debuting Rd 1.

36 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Are we playing a side with no quick small forwards.  If we see TMac/Hore/Lever/May in the same backline we are having massive injury issues

My best 22

Lockhart May Lever

Rivers Tomlinson Hibberd

Langdon Oliver Sparrow

Fritsch Weiderman Melksham

Pickett B Brown Jackson

Gawn

Viney

Petracca

Brayshaw, Hunt, Harmes, Jetta

To me our back 6 looked more settled in the back half of the year as Tomlinson playing more of true defensive tall allowing Lever to be third man up.  I bring Jetta in hoping he was injured last year  and he can still hold down the small lockdown defender.  I can't see any of our recently drafted players debuting Rd 1.

No Salem?

I'd have him over Hibberd every day of the week.

Think one of Bowey or Laurie would be a chance given they are quick and can kick

Think all of Melk, Gus, Hunt, Harmes & Jetta are all very lineball and Fritsch on thin ice depending on BBB's impact

41 minutes ago, BW511 said:

No Salem?

I'd have him over Hibberd every day of the week.

Think one of Bowey or Laurie would be a chance given they are quick and can kick

Think all of Melk, Gus, Hunt, Harmes & Jetta are all very lineball and Fritsch on thin ice depending on BBB's impact

Good point, forgot him, always forget one.  He replaces Hibberd off HBF, Hibberd to the bench, Jetta out.  Hard to include kids that haven't played for 12 months and we have no idea what they will add.  If they are getting games ahead of Melksham, Brayshaw, Hunt and Harmes, they will either have an eye catching pre-season our these four are massively out of form

• Like 1

Backline:
FB: Hibberd  May Nietschke
HB: Salem Lever Rivers  
Int: Hore

There's no good solutions for the last 3 defenders. Hibbo was mostly decent last year when he kept it simple. Hore's undersized but at least should provide an honest contest and does most things well enough. Smith, Tomlinson and Lockhart are around the mark but unconvincing. Petty's an option but I think we'll prefer a nimble backline. Nietschke - coming off two knees, not particularly athletic or skilled, but both preseasons when the match play as started he keeps finding the ball, one to watch.

Midfield:
C: Jackson Petracca Langdon
Foll: Gawn Oliver Viney
Int: Harmes, Laurie

It's time to shake things up a bit here. Harmes back in to help the defensive side. Laurie in as we need a class ball user to get the handballs off the crash and bash types. Jackson to a wing, give him room to roam and develop when not giving Max a chop out.

Forward:
HF: Hunt  Petty  Spargo
FF: Fritsch Brown Pickett
Int: Bowey

Speed, skill, pressure. Both Hunt and Bowey can rotate up to a wing, Fritsch as well. Laurie particularly flips the other way to go forward to not over tax him. And Petracca chops in as the 3rd tall, or Jacko when height is really needed. I've consistently said I don't like the Weid and Brown combination and prefer Petty as someone who'll find more of the ball and gives more at ground level. Hunt's really a wildcard, will mostly be quiet but chips in with goals and has a bit of height around the 3 smalls.

Lockhart May Lever

Salem Tomlinson Hibberd

Langdon Viney. Brayshaw 

Melksham Weid  Harmes

Pickett. B-Brown Fritsch

Gawn Petracca Oliver 

Jackson. Rivers. Hunt. Vandenburg 

depth. Tmcd ANB Sparrow Spargo J-smith  Bedford Jetta Jones Hore Petty Baker M-Brown (r) 

development   Bowey Laurie Rosman 

development rookies  Chandler Jordan Nietschke Bradtke 

That’s 41? (2 short??) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Lockhart May Lever

Salem Tomlinson Hibberd

Langdon Viney. Brayshaw 

Melksham Weid  Harmes

Pickett. B-Brown Fritsch

Gawn Petracca Oliver 

Jackson. Rivers. Hunt. Vandenburg 

depth. Tmcd ANB Sparrow Spargo J-smith  Bedford Jetta Jones Hore Petty Baker M-Brown (r) 

development   Bowey Laurie Rosman 

development rookies  Chandler Jordan Nietschke Bradtke 

That’s 41? (2 short??) 

I've decided to change things up a bit.

B: HIBBERD, MAY, HORE

HB: SALEM, LEVER, RIVERS

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, BOWEY

HF: HUNT, WEIDEMAN, LAURIE

F: PICKETT, B.BROWN, FRITSCH

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: BRAYSHAW, JACKSON, TOMLINSON, MELKSHAM

DEPTH: MCDONALD, LOCKHART, HARMES, VANDENBERG, NEAL-BULLEN, SPARROW, SPARGO, SMITH, JETTA, JONES, PETTY, BAKER, M.BROWN

DEVELOPMENT: ROSMAN, BEDFORD, CHANDLER, JORDON, NEITSCHKE BRADTKE

Baker and Harmes are out of the side because they are not good users of the ball. The young guns come in Bowey and Laurie to add that class and skill.

Brayshaw stays on the bench because he is coming back from serious injury.

I hope we use the last 2 rookie spots on a key defender and a ruckman. It would be interesting to know if Petty is training with the forwards or backs. He should go down back because there is a hole there but Goodwin might see him only as a forward like McDonald and continue him there.

Edited by WERRIDEE

obviously predicted best 22, 2021 is very different to round 1, 2021 because, for instance, if brayshaw is not even going to be resuming training til february then there's no way i can see him being ready to go at the start of the season

i am hopeful that at least one of the kids we've picked up - probably either bowey or laurie - will be a debutant and be able to play at senior level immediately

we have traditionally played a 7-man defence under goodwin with a wing pushing back to cover defensively - will that continue in 2021?

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see which one of the new recruits Goody falls in love with so quickly that he has to play in our Rd 1 side this year.

But if he for once stays loyal to his established players to start the season, then I'd predict the following.

B: Lockhart (if he has a pre-season like last year then he's in) May Lever

HB: Rivers Tomlinson Salem

C: Langdon Harmes VDB

HF: Melky Weid Fritsch

F: Kossie B.Brown Petracca

Ru: Gawn Oliver Viney

Int: Jackson, Hibberd, Sparrow, Hunt

Emerg: T.Mac will be fitter and pressing for selection but it may have come via injury or major form in VFL.

I expect Petty to revert to the back-up tall down back and once he gets in, it will be hard to get him out.

Spargo will be in the mix Rd 1, but he now also has two new guys pressing for a small forward spot.

It sounds like Baker will get first shot at the wing, but I can't leave out VDB. Ultimately it's a spot for a left-footer, which we don't have, although Rosman will be developed for that role. Until then we will try and find the best negater. 

I left out Brayshaw because I suspect he'll be a late starter because of his injury.

Smith should be right in the mix as well, particularly against sides that have mobile mid/forwards like Danger/Dusty and Fyfe.

Lever May Hibbo

Salem Petty Rivers

Gawn Oliver Petracca

Langdon Viney Harmes

Fritsch Weid Spargo

Pickett BBrown Jackson

Jones(Sparrow after 6 weeks) Brayshaw Laurie Hore

E: Tomlinson Melksham Jordon Baker

for mine

This is what I'm going with:

B: Hibberd, May, Lever

HB: Rivers, Mcdonald, Bowey

Int: Tomlinson

I really like the May, Lever, McDonald down back as all 3 are capable of stopping a forward obviously with May being the best but all 3 are great intercept marks which I think will be hard to get past. Hibberd will take the best small forward, Rivers will make the half back his own next year, and then I've got Bowey slotting in on a half back which I think will be his best position (he's a clone of Caleb Daniel just a bit taller). His elite kicking behind the ball and zip will provide a lot to our side, and he has the toughness and courage to do defensive stuff as well, as well as a nice vertical, he can play taller than his listed 175cm height. I've got Tomlinson as the 7th defender as just a solid role player who can play on talls, mediums, or even smalls, or if it looks to big May is actually pretty quick so he could play on a small. I also like Tomlinson's ball use behind the ball where he will provide good rebound from half back. 

C: Langdon, Brayshaw, Salem

R: Gawn, Oliver, Hamres

Rotating: Petracca, Viney, Jackson

Firstly on the wings I've got Langdon to just keep on doing what he does and that's run all day and I'm moving Salem up to the wing which I think is his best position where he can use kicking placement and footy IQ to hurt teams and I see him as the perfect compliment to Langdon because they both offer something very different. Brayshaw can chop out on the wing when the two of them need a rest. Jackson obviously back up ruck to Gawny, I expect there to be about a 80/20 split between Gawn and Jackson. My starting on ball mix I've got Oliver, Brayshaw, Harmes which in my opinion is our best midfield mix because Oliver does the in and under inside stuff, Brayshaw knows where to position himself for the handball receive for the outside stuff, and harmes will lock down the oppositions best midfielder and also expose them for them for workmate going forward. Rotating I've got Trac splitting his time 50/50 between forward and midfield, Viney splitting his time 75/25 between forward and midfield, and Jackson splitting his time 50/50 between forward and midfield (25% ruck, 25% inside mid). Petracca obviously has a massive impact in both areas of the ground, Viney I've got pinch hitting for a bit of a lift around the ball when needed, and Jackson I'm keen to see him get some on-ball minutes next year as teams won't know what to do and he can definitely match in there with his mobility and ground level ability.

HF: Fritsch, Weideman, Petracca

F: Pickett, B.Brown, Viney

I: Jackson, Melksham, Laurie

So I'm lining up with 3 tall forwards (Brown, Weideman, Jackson), 3 medium forwards (Fritsch, Petracca, Melksham), and 3 small forwards (Pickett, Viney, Laurie). As discussed before a few of those players will be rotating through the midfield. Tall forwards are nice, if Ben Brown gets back to how he was it will cause Weideman to get the number 2 defender which I could see big bags of goals from both. If Fritsch could kick straight he could kick a lot of goals and will get even less attention with Brown in there. I still feel as if we miss Petracca's goals up forward when he's in the midfield, which he showed in the game against St Kilda, he's still so deadly, so I want to see like a Dusty 50/50 mid forward split next year. Melksham needs to go back to his role as a bit of minimising the best defenders influence on the game, his inside 50 kicking is still there he just needs to get back the areas of his game. He's played a lot of important jobs like his job on McGovern in that Round 22 win over West Coast in 2018, that's what I want to see him do every week because he's very smart at taking his man away from dangerous positions and then still impacting himself. Small forwards Kozzy and Laurie will cause havoc next year, watch for Laurie's elite ball use going inside 50, he might not kick many goals but he will set up a ton. I've got Viney playing predominantly as a small forward which is out of necessity to fit everyone into the midfield but also because I think he's got some really good traits up forward. Absolutely relentless tackler he will really help inside 50 retention, Viney wins just about every 1v1 on the ground and his finishing skills are underrated. I'd like to see him work on his snaps and goal kicking all summer, in my opinion Viney has a crucial role to play up forward as a pressure forward. 

E: Sparrow, Hore, Petty, Spargo

Overall I'm expecting top 4 next year, I think on paper we have a better team than we did in 2018 and anything less is a failure IMO. Goodwin needs to work out how to get the best out of every player and find the right position for each player. This is my opinion of the best 22 and it will be very different to everyone else's but with amount of versatile players on our list it will be interesting to see what our team looks like in round 1.

• Thanks 1

My attempt;

Lockhart, May, Lever

Rivers, Petty, Salem

Langdon, Oliver, Bowey

Jackson, Weid, Viney

Pickett, Brown, Fritsch

Foll: Gawn, Trac, Sparrow

Int: Harmes, Tomlinson, Spargo, Hunt

Feel as though there could be a few young guys pushing hard after another pre-season - Jordan/Baker would be obvious ones.

Went with Bowey over Baker on the wing because i think he may create a bit more action.

Would be happy to swap Harmes and Hunt with Jordan,/Laurie/Baker if they are tracking well over summer.

If Tom McDonald plays down back I reckon there is a very high chance Steve May will punch him.  Tom was out the door as a defender, cooked, finished, done if he wasn't re-invented as a forward he wouldn't be on our list.  Tomlinson, Petty and Hore are ahead of him as our tall defender with May/Lever

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 11/22/2020 at 10:13 PM, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

I'm backing in TMac to turn it all around this preseason and reclaim CHB.  
Lever to thrive when freed-up as a genuine third tall.
Rivers to develop into a pacey wingman/outside mid.
Lockhart to build his tank and confidence and lockdown the small defender position.
Harmes to return to the HFF and take Petracca's old role, with the occasional run in the middle.
Weideman, being released by a stay-at-home Brown, to play further up the ground.
Sparrow to cement his spot in the 22 at the expense of Jones, who we may only see when injuries hit (which they 100% will)
Brayshaw to play primarily as an inside mid.
With further interchange restrictions, Tomlinson to shine as one of our premier runners.  He might not be lauded as a star, but he can stay on the field all day and play in any position on the ground.
A fit Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes and Sparrow - all six rotating through the center square to cause headaches for opposition coches.

LOCKHART.              MAY.                   LEVER.
SALEM.               MCDONALD.        HIBBERD.  
LANGDON             OLIVER.        TOMLINSON. 
HARMES.            WEIDEMAN.    MELKSHAM. 
PICKETT.                BROWN.              FRITSCH. 
GAWN.                 PETRACCA.       BRAYSHAW.  

VINEY.    SPARROW.     RIVERS.      JACKSON.  

Quality - structure - logic - high potential. 

23 minutes ago, drdrake said:

If Tom McDonald plays down back I reckon there is a very high chance Steve May will punch him.  Tom was out the door as a defender, cooked, finished, done if he wasn't re-invented as a forward he wouldn't be on our list.  Tomlinson, Petty and Hore are ahead of him as our tall defender with May/Lever

I'm inclined to agree, but I think Tom also deserves a fresh look wherever he plays. He's now cooked as a forward as much as he was down back, so he has to get more mobile and take a fresh approach wherever he plays. He has an aerial game that Tomlinson just doesn't have and that Hore will always struggle with due to lack of size. And he might be more accepting that he'd be just a role playing defender rather than back years ago where he was kind of the main guy back there.

I can't have him in best 22's right now though. His most likely spot down back could be if May went down and we needed someone to take the big forward in a stopping role.

Since everyone else is, I shall gives this a go. I think this is based on what we currently know. Like others have mentioned there could be a number of kids knocking on the door primed to play round one. But we won't know any of that until after preseason. My projection is based on what I've seen this season and the reports I've heard about players.

Lockhart        May               Lever

Rivers            Tomlinson    Salem

Langdon       Oliver            Jackson

Brayshaw     Weideman   Melksham

Fritsch          Brown           Kozzy

Gawn            Viney            Petracca

Int: AVB, Harmes, Hibberd, Sparrow

Its all based on versatility. Yes this goes a long way to being able to make mid game changes that help us with changes in strategy.

• Tomlinson stays in at CHB. I see a lot of people have him out of the side for Petty/McDonald. I think both those players will be used if we have injuries to key talls but both lack the mobility and foot skills of Tomlinson. I thought he grew into the role and the coaching staff seemed to like him and his potential there. Also has the ability to play wing/mid/fwd which is so handy if say we wanted to go smaller down back for instance or needed more size on the wings.
  • Jackson on a wing. I can see us experimenting with him a fair bit this year. Apart from one of the games in Adelaide while I liked his attack as a fwd I thought he worked best further up the field. With him and Weideman providing lead up targets and Max able to play more defensive it should be pretty beneficial. He looks to have put a lot of off season work in and I think we'll see him best 22 each week this season in whatever capacity.
  • Harmes I was really reluctant to put in the side. I felt he was the poorest of our regular 22 last season. Looked sluggish, perhaps played out of position. I noticed he's put a lot of work into his body in the off season becoming leaner and this usually translates to better commitment and I think he'll find his way back rotating between mid/HF
  • AVB might start seeing more time on the sidelines if we find he's making us a bit too tall and slow. But for now his physicality is just too important in tight. Frees up guys like Trac and Viney to wreak havoc.
  • I was weighting up between ANB and Sparrow. The off season narrative suggests ANB is on the outer and this goes along with us drafting players that excel in his position. I think this could push him and I still think he could be best 22 with again his versatility to play well in the stoppages. This is also why I picked Sparrow ahead
  • Melksham was based purely on the mediocre reality of what he did and could still do for the team along with the fact that he's Goodwins baby and an experienced head.

Side notes

The small fwd battle continues to grow! Love that Kozzy, Bedford, Chandler, Spargo, Hunt and now Bower/Laurie will be competing for a spot

Making this list really made me realise how deep we are this season. 

Depth

Backs: Jetta, Hore, Smith

Mids: JJ, Jones Baker (with so many in the side that can rotate through)

Tall Fwds: McDonald, Brown, Petty

WOW!!!

Edited by Yung Blood

13 minutes ago, Yung Blood said:

Since everyone else is, I shall gives this a go. I think this is based on what we currently know. Like others have mentioned there could be a number of kids knocking on the door primed to play round one. But we won't know any of that until after preseason. My projection is based on what I've seen this season and the reports I've heard about players.

Lockhart        May               Lever

Rivers            Tomlinson    Salem

Langdon       Oliver            Jackson

Brayshaw     Weideman   Melksham

Fritsch          Brown           Kozzy

Gawn            Viney            Petracca

Int: AVB, Harmes, Hibberd, Sparrow

Its all based on versatility. Yes this goes a long way to being able to make mid game changes that help us with changes in strategy.

• Tomlinson stays in at CHB. I see a lot of people have him out of the side for Petty/McDonald. I think both those players will be used if we have injuries to key talls but both lack the mobility and foot skills of Tomlinson. I thought he grew into the role and the coaching staff seemed to like him and his potential there. Also has the ability to play wing/mid/fwd which is so handy if say we wanted to go smaller down back for instance or needed more size on the wings.
  • Jackson on a wing. I can see us experimenting with him a fair bit this year. Apart from one of the games in Adelaide while I liked his attack as a fwd I thought he worked best further up the field. With him and Weideman providing lead up targets and Max able to play more defensive it should be pretty beneficial. He looks to have put a lot of off season work in and I think we'll see him best 22 each week this season in whatever capacity.
  • Harmes I was really reluctant to put in the side. I felt he was the poorest of our regular 22 last season. Looked sluggish, perhaps played out of position. I noticed he's put a lot of work into his body in the off season becoming leaner and this usually translates to better commitment and I think he'll find his way back rotating between mid/HF
  • AVB might start seeing more time on the sidelines if we find he's making us a bit too tall and slow. But for now his physicality is just too important in tight. Frees up guys like Trac and Viney to wreak havoc.
  • I was weighting up between ANB and Sparrow. The off season narrative suggests ANB is on the outer and this goes along with us drafting players that excel in his position. I think this could push him and I still think he could be best 22 with again his versatility to play well in the stoppages. This is also why I picked Sparrow ahead
  • Melksham was based purely on the mediocre reality of what he did and could still do for the team along with the fact that he's Goodwins baby and an experienced head.

Side notes

The small fwd battle continues to grow! Love that Kozzy, Bedford, Chandler, Spargo, Hunt and now Bower/Laurie will be competing for a spot

Making this list really made me realise how deep we are this season. 

Depth

Backs: Jetta, Hore, Smith

Mids: JJ, Jones Baker (with so many in the side that can rotate through)

Tall Fwds: McDonald, Brown, Petty

WOW!!!

I like Jacko on a wing, similarly had him on the HFF to roam as he pleases

FB: Lockhart, May, Lever

HB: Hibberd, T.Mac, Salem 

C : Langdon, Petracca, Harmes

HF: Melksham, Weideman, Hunt

FF: Pickett, B.Brown, Fritsch 

R: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

Int: Spargo, Jackson, Brayshaw, Rivers 

Emergencies: Tomlinson, AVB, Petty, Sparrow 

Jones will be gifted games to get to 300 and then transition into a coaching role by mid season provided he doesn't get injured. 

Bowey and Laurie will get between 5 - 10 games each next season and learn what is required at AFL level.

Hunt and Harmes to rotate between half forward and wing. 

T.Mac will be eager to show his worth and I believe he will be suited to CHB since O.Mac has been delisted I think he is better than Tomlinson in that role. 

• Like 1

Weiderman is no lock for the CHF role, most of us, me included have him there more hoping he can continue to improve and lock away his spot in the side.  We also expected that to happen after his finals performance in 2018.  I reckon TMac will back himself to take Weidermans spot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yung Blood said:

really interested on why he would make your side when we literally had brayshaw playing 60% game time because we couldnt fit him in an inside role. With trac, oliver, viney, harmes, brayshaw and then one of the younger breed ie sparrow taking over from jones i really can't see why we would need another big body anywhere near our side