Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   

Rumour only file ...



Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

His kids live in Adelaide I believe. If he wants to be back home I could understand that. But we’d want a proper succession plan 

Doesn't wash with me.  

Don't sign a contract under those circumstances, or move your kids.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so getting back to footy... This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players. Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been mak

Updated info for those interested :) if not please ignore.  A few clubs have come knocking about Angus Brayshaw again, nothing doing at this stage, but watch this space. they've also asked abo

For those interested I am hearing that we’d be very keen to have a chat to Adam treloar. If the pies are willing to pay a decent chunk of his salary we’d see him as a fit on the opposite wing to Langd

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

Doesn't wash with me.  

Don't sign a contract under those circumstances, or move your kids.  

Kids live with his ex, don't think their relocation is a viable option.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Burgess is listed as speaking at the club Forum on Dec 10 so if he is to go it isn't imminent.

Clearly Crows want him.  They have just recruited Tim Parham (physio) from Arsenal who would have worked there with Burgess for a short while.  Apparently, Nicks and Burgess worked at Port at the same time.

The closed SA border would not have helped with personal contact with his kids.

I'd say the writing is on the wall - just a matter of when.  Hopefully after our pre-season is over giving us some time to find a replacement. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'd say the writing is on the wall - just a matter of when.  Hopefully after our pre-season is over giving us some time to find a replacement.

We did well to secure him in the first place. I don't think it was ever going to be a long arrangement. Plus he costs an arm and a leg.

My preference is to keep him for another year if possible. It's tough being away from family for extended periods so totally understandable he wants to be closer to them. Best we make sure we create as much IP as we can while we have him and ensure a proper transition occurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

Doesn't wash with me.  

Don't sign a contract under those circumstances, or move your kids.  

Yep, shouldn't have signed the contract. That said, 2020 has been a strange year.

Edited by A F
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully he can see out the pre season at least. Gives him a chance to follow through with plans the players would have been given before they broke up, and gives time to get a successor in for a seamless transition. It’s a very important role these days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, Blind_turn said:

From The Age:

 "while pacy former Crow Jordan Galluci should appeal to clubs such as Melbourne seeking outside run."

I wonder whether he really is on our radar?

A Victorian, originally a high draft pick and does seem to have outside run characteristics.

He does have a reputation for the 'run' and it is a good one, at that.

The problem is the capacity (or interest) of the FD to develop players with an array of skills instead of just one or two.

Under the watchfulness of Yze, things may change for the better, but I'd like to see Jordan Lewis join him in the governance of such roles simply because he, too, has much to still offer our Club. If the Ooze can influence and assist to improve the young Gallucci fella, we should have an appraisal of him for a contract - and a plan to bring forward with him. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the Facebook pages saying the club about to announce KK's immediate retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

He does have a reputation for the 'run' and it is a good one, at that.

The problem is the capacity (or interest) of the FD to develop players with an array of skills instead of just one or two.

Under the watchfulness of Yze, things may change for the better, but I'd like to see Jordan Lewis join him in the governance of such roles simply because he, too, has much to still offer our Club. If the Ooze can influence and assist to improve the young Gallucci fella, we should have an appraisal of him for a contract - and a plan to bring forward with him. 

 

So why do we  need a GOODWIN WHO HAS FAILED MISERABLY IN THIS ASPECT

Is Yze another messiah

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

So why do we  need a GOODWIN WHO HAS FAILED MISERABLY IN THIS ASPECT

Is Yze another messiah

 

It really is because of Goodwin's failure to develop (so many) players and/or motivate them, assist to absorb 'his' gameplan, provide steady developmental structures that some of us might see a light burning on the horizon now that we know Yze is living over there in red'n'blue Club-land. Let us hope that he is not suppressed in a coaching role; instead, let's hope that his mantra can be carried by our inexperienced ones for the betterment of the Club.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

It really is because of Goodwin's failure to develop (so many) players and/or motivate them, assist to absorb 'his' gameplan, provide steady developmental structures that some of us might see a light burning on the horizon now that we know Yze is living over there in red'n'blue Club-land. Let us hope that he is not suppressed in a coaching role; instead, let's hope that his mantra can be carried by our inexperienced ones for the betterment of the Club.

 

  Lets just hope that " red'n'blue Club-land" is not another LaLa Land and the way to get there is the  reality bus

Lets all hop back on board!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Pies have officially settled with Dayne Beams, and delisted Rupert Wills and Flynn Appleby. Today is the last day for list changes.

A little clarification. Clubs have until Monday Nov 30 to delist players. Then clubs can add players as DFA's until Wednesday Dec 2.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kent said:

  Lets just hope that " red'n'blue Club-land" is not another LaLa Land and the way to get there is the  reality bus

Lets all hop back on board!

The Happy Bus, off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Ooze...have faith.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

Doesn't wash with me.  

Don't sign a contract under those circumstances, or move your kids.  

 

6 hours ago, A F said:

Yep, shouldn't have signed the contract. That said, 2020 has been a strange year.

He was in the UK and signed a contract to return to Melbourne. I'm not sure of the situation, but his wife and kids were with him during his time at Arsenal, so the divorce could have happened after he returned.

Perhaps it happened while in the UK and his wife said "I'd like to go back to Aus" and the job at the MFC was an opportunity for them to all come back to Australia. Maybe there were no plans to live in separate states?

Maybe there were plans to live in separate states. Melbourne would be a short flight from his kids. He could regularly do 2-3 days a week in Adelaide without affecting his role. Except this year, with covid, he has been stuck behind borders, presumably in the hub.

We don't even know how long his contract was for! Maybe we signed him for 1 year, but he has agreed to stay on for another because he knows how hard it will be to replace him with the pandemic?

 

I find it strange that any of us are commentating on something like this when we don't actually have the info.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2020 at 8:07 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

Lol.. I thought Burgess was going again for another year??

If true, I imagine MFC have said he needs to get the 2021 preseason program set up and going and also handover to a 2nd in charge before they consider terminating the contract

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, deanox said:

 

He was in the UK and signed a contract to return to Melbourne. I'm not sure of the situation, but his wife and kids were with him during his time at Arsenal, so the divorce could have happened after he returned.

Perhaps it happened while in the UK and his wife said "I'd like to go back to Aus" and the job at the MFC was an opportunity for them to all come back to Australia. Maybe there were no plans to live in separate states?

Maybe there were plans to live in separate states. Melbourne would be a short flight from his kids. He could regularly do 2-3 days a week in Adelaide without affecting his role. Except this year, with covid, he has been stuck behind borders, presumably in the hub.

We don't even know how long his contract was for! Maybe we signed him for 1 year, but he has agreed to stay on for another because he knows how hard it will be to replace him with the pandemic?

 

I find it strange that any of us are commentating on something like this when we don't actually have the info.

That's completely fair. I withdraw my previous post.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, deanox said:

I find it strange that any of us are commentating on something like this when we don't actually have the info.

It's hardly strange people are asking questions or commenting on an integral role within the MFC.

It would be ''strange'' not to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BRIDESMAIDS AGAIN by Whispering Jack

    BRIDESMAIDS AGAIN by Whispering Jack Historians of the future will have little difficulty in finding words to define the year 2020. “Covid-19”, “pandemic” and “plague” come readily to mind. The Covid-19 pandemic dominated the year in every aspect of life and it certainly didn’t spare AFL football or the Melbourne Football Club. In the circumstances however, it didn’t treat it as badly as the Spanish Flu epidemic which raged a century earlier from February 1918, through 1919 and into 19

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TASMANIAN TIGER by Whispering Jack

    I first saw Ben Brown on a cold Tuesday night in May, 2013 playing for the Werribee Tigers against Queanbeyan in a televised Foxtel Cup game before a sparse crowd at Etihad Stadium. His teammate and former Demon Jordan Gysberts was the star of the side’s 85-point belting of the hapless ACT club but the then 20 year old, 200cm Brown was also a stand out.  Earlier that year, the athletic big man had left his native Tasmania in an effort to make the grade after being overlooked in three drafts

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: The Cure It could be coincidental but since the AFL Free Agency and Trade Period began, the State of Victoria has recorded eight consecutive days of no new active cases and no deaths from Covid19. It might be a little early to announce that a cure for this dreaded virus has been discovered but one thing can be said with some certainty after following the ins and outs of the free agency and trading process — mankind is still a long way off finding a cure for boredom. That stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    CHANGES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: A very strange year Things might have been somewhat hairy when the 1919 football season opened up in the wake of the ending of a world war and in the middle of a pandemic that took millions of lives but it’s difficult to imagine a more unusual football season than the one that ended a week or so ago. For starters, the footy is supposed to finish on that one day in September on the MCG in mild spring weather; not deep into October at the Gabba amid warnings of tropical storms and h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    DEMONLAND 2020 A TO Z by George on the Outer

    A- Alice Springs. Happy hunting ground.     B- Backline. Finally found the non-leaking version.   C- Cairns & Covid. How a season was ruined.    D- Demonland. Mental Health facility run by the inmates.   E- The grade you get when you don’t make F- F- Finals. What are they? G- Goals. Lack of them. Need a forward who can kick them….lots! H- Hub. Where players got to live with people you can’t stand. I- Injuries. Miracle cure provided by Dr. Burgess.  

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...