Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     

Rumour only file ...



Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

At least @Nudge put some excitement in to this trade period.

There isn't much happening

Agree. Nudge has thrown a good RUMOUR here. Keep them coming as this trade period is as boring as bat [censored].

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so getting back to footy... This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players. Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been mak

Updated info for those interested :) if not please ignore.  A few clubs have come knocking about Angus Brayshaw again, nothing doing at this stage, but watch this space. they've also asked abo

For those interested I am hearing that we’d be very keen to have a chat to Adam treloar. If the pies are willing to pay a decent chunk of his salary we’d see him as a fit on the opposite wing to Langd

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, demoniac said:

The Pies were not far too smart to mismanage their player contracts to such an extent that they appear to need to salary cap dump multiple contracts including a player in his 28 yo season in 2021 with 5 years to go on a contract and dodgy hammies,  which has $900,000 due in 2021 and who they extended and backended to fit in Dayne Beams. They gave a 7 year $7 million contract to a ruckman who'll be 33 in the final year of the deal. They handed out above market contracts to other players after 2018 Grand Final which they're now looking to dump or extend years to smooth the yearly cap hit. Its a giant cluster.   

I think you're putting too much trust in the media. the Pies wouldn't have offered De Goey the deal they did if they didn't have money. i think they're trying to trade Treloar out of a combination of - thinking he'll struggle away from his partner and the feeling that 900k could be better spent on other players 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, It's Time said:

Would love to know what their theory is on not even making the finals this year. For me it wasn't even about not making finals. It was about the standard of play nearly all season. We've all been waiting for i50's to be fixed since Goody took over the game plan in 2016. Goody says the game plan is based around the contest but we're ranked 15th for clearances and we have Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca in the midfield. Where is the improvement going to come from. How is it going to come. Improved coaching, improved players? 

Good post, i would love someone at the club to answer this as I know alot of Dees members have the same questions and we are being feed a bit of dribble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, It's Time said:

Would love to know what their theory is on not even making the finals this year. For me it wasn't even about not making finals. It was about the standard of play nearly all season. We've all been waiting for i50's to be fixed since Goody took over the game plan in 2016. Goody says the game plan is based around the contest but we're ranked 15th for clearances and we have Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca in the midfield. Where is the improvement going to come from. How is it going to come. Improved coaching, improved players? 

Been saying the same thing Time

I keep asking fellow dees the same thing Nobody has an answer for me other than faith and hope

What will change??

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kent said:

Been saying the same thing Time

I keep asking fellow dees the same thing Nobody has an answer for me other than faith and hope

What will change??

Yze will be a positive influence from a coaching perspective. Adding Brown improves our forward set-up as well. I'm hopeful we'll be better next year. 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, It's Time said:

Would love to know what their theory is on not even making the finals this year. For me it wasn't even about not making finals. It was about the standard of play nearly all season. We've all been waiting for i50's to be fixed since Goody took over the game plan in 2016. Goody says the game plan is based around the contest but we're ranked 15th for clearances and we have Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca in the midfield. Where is the improvement going to come from. How is it going to come. Improved coaching, improved players? 

We have good individual players in our midfield, but as a group they are poor.  That is the challenge for the coaching staff getting our players and in particular the ones you mention playing team football rather than selfish football.  I often compare out team to an U9 side they all go to where the ball is and all want to possession, they need to be coached to work for each other, there is only 1 football in play at 1 time means only 1 person can have it.  We need to work harder off the ball to create space, make it easier to for our team mates to win the ball and get a clean possession rather than the under pressure 1m flick handballs.

The forward line just doesn't apply more pressure to keep the ball inside our 50m arc and repeat entries, that is why I'm surprised we haven't been linked to any small pressure forwards  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, drdrake said:

We have good individual players in our midfield, but as a group they are poor.  That is the challenge for the coaching staff getting our players and in particular the ones you mention playing team football rather than selfish football.  I often compare out team to an U9 side they all go to where the ball is and all want to possession, they need to be coached to work for each other, there is only 1 football in play at 1 time means only 1 person can have it.  We need to work harder off the ball to create space, make it easier to for our team mates to win the ball and get a clean possession rather than the under pressure 1m flick handballs.

The forward line just doesn't apply more pressure to keep the ball inside our 50m arc and repeat entries, that is why I'm surprised we haven't been linked to any small pressure forwards  

Its like the FD is entirely happy with the list

there are still holes in it as many on here believe

As to the coaching Dr this has been a problem for years and has never been addressed

Yze nor any other messiah wont fix it Goes to the heart of the game plan and coaches expectations and ability

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kent said:

Its like the FD is entirely happy with the list

there are still holes in it as many on here believe

As to the coaching Dr this has been a problem for years and has never been addressed

Yze nor any other messiah wont fix it Goes to the heart of the game plan and coaches expectations and ability

This is why I'm open to trade Oliver or Brayshaw, I don't want to get to the end of 2021 and be having the same discussions about our midfield group and I think these 2 and Viney need a massive re-education on playing team football, I'm not sure they will be able to adjust.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drdrake said:

This is why I'm open to trade Oliver or Brayshaw, I don't want to get to the end of 2021 and be having the same discussions about our midfield group and I think these 2 and Viney need a massive re-education on playing team football, I'm not sure they will be able to adjust.

Last time I checked you can never have too many good AFL quality players - trading them away is not the answer - teaching them how to work cohesively and as a collective weapon is - its the coaching that needs a big kick

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Last time I checked you can never have too many good AFL quality players - trading them away is not the answer - teaching them how to work cohesively and as a collective weapon is - its the coaching that needs a big kick

Only if they can be taught and we either haven't been teaching correctly or players not listening, we don't have the midfield depth to know which one is true, I would say a mixture of both.  A team will always beat a team of individuals no matter how good those individuals are, our back 6 are I think we saw last year with May as the General back there started to really work for each other this season.  Our mids and forwards don't show any signs that they have progressed in the team football approach.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Only if they can be taught and we either haven't been teaching correctly or players not listening, we don't have the midfield depth to know which one is true, I would say a mixture of both.  A team will always beat a team of individuals no matter how good those individuals are, our back 6 are I think we saw last year with May as the General back there started to really work for each other this season.  Our mids and forwards don't show any signs that they have progressed in the team football approach.

I have said on here previously Dr and been mocked

I had a conversation with Plapp family member and he  thought that there were some that were uncoachable

For what its worth! Maybe that's right, maybe the coaches are no good but one thing for sure there has to be a radical change in approach to get this mob playing as a team

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kent said:

I have said on here previously Dr and been mocked

I had a conversation with Plapp family member and he  thought that there were some that were uncoachable

For what its worth! Maybe that's right, maybe the coaches are no good but one thing for sure there has to be a radical change in approach to get this mob playing as a team

 

Sadly I have to agree. It's where we're currently at and what we need to change. Good list, poor team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I think you're putting too much trust in the media. the Pies wouldn't have offered De Goey the deal they did if they didn't have money. i think they're trying to trade Treloar out of a combination of - thinking he'll struggle away from his partner and the feeling that 900k could be better spent on other players 

The 900K and then the 4 subsequent years on his contract? No club in their right mind is going to take on that contract without Pies ponying up hundreds of thousands of dollars of payments that go against their cap. Its not just the 900K due in 21 in his 28yo season, its the 4 subsequent years for a player who has had problems staying on the park due to soft tissue injuries. Its a terrible contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, demoniac said:

The 900K and then the 4 subsequent years on his contract? No club in their right mind is going to take on that contract without Pies ponying up hundreds of thousands of dollars of payments that go against their cap. Its not just the 900K due in 21 in his 28yo season, its the 4 subsequent years for a player who has had problems staying on the park due to soft tissue injuries. Its a terrible contract.

the pies may well pay 200k of that money but they'd certainly prefer 200k to 900K and the dogs may view a 700k adam treloar as a bit of a bargain 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kent said:

I have said on here previously Dr and been mocked

I had a conversation with Plapp family member and he  thought that there were some that were uncoachable

For what its worth! Maybe that's right, maybe the coaches are no good but one thing for sure there has to be a radical change in approach to get this mob playing as a team

 

Then, logically it refers to high profile players. if it was lesser players they would be regularly dropped and delisted. My view is some big possession players do not respect low profile coaches no matter how good they may or may not be. It also gets to the game plan. Maybe if the game plan is best served by you getting twenty possessions and defending instead of thirty possessions doing your own thing so think, stuff it. I think Yze has instant credibiliity that may have been lacking. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Half forward flank said:

Then, logically it refers to high profile players. if it was lesser players they would be regularly dropped and delisted. My view is some big possession players do not respect low profile coaches no matter how good they may or may not be. It also gets to the game plan. Maybe if the game plan is best served by you getting twenty possessions and defending instead of thirty possessions doing your own thing so think, stuff it. I think Yze has instant credibiliity that may have been lacking. 

I hope to God you are right HFF😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

the pies may well pay 200k of that money but they'd certainly prefer 200k to 900K and the dogs may view a 700k adam treloar as a bit of a bargain 

$700K for Adam Treloar is full or over market value. And then there is the 4 years post 2021 which take him to his 32 yo season. With his history of soft tissue injuries any club taking on the 5 year contract would have to mitigate risk that he won't be available consistently. That mitigation would be Pies paying part of contract of each of the remaining 5 years or Treloar agreeing to contract variation. But why would he? Pies have twice pushed back money owed to him.

The Grundy contract is another shocker. 7 years at million a year ending at his 33 year old season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, demoniac said:

$700K for Adam Treloar is full or over market value. And then there is the 4 years post 2021 which take him to his 32 yo season. With his history of soft tissue injuries any club taking on the 5 year contract would have to mitigate risk that he won't be available consistently. That mitigation would be Pies paying part of contract of each of the remaining 5 years or Treloar agreeing to contract variation. But why would he? Pies have twice pushed back money owed to him.

The Grundy contract is another shocker. 7 years at million a year ending at his 33 year old season.

The pies signing Grundy long term makes sense because they were going to struggle to keep him otherwise, though i agree 7 years is excessive. 

in terms of Treloar, it's a big contract, and they'd know they're going to have to pay some of that salary moving forward. but i think there are teams that would take a punt on him at 700k. i don't agree that Treloars contract was as irresponsible as some are saying though. the reality is that if the trade scenario never came up, noone would be talking about it. and it's been widely understood he's been on big money for a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drdrake said:

Only if they can be taught and we either haven't been teaching correctly or players not listening, we don't have the midfield depth to know which one is true, I would say a mixture of both.  A team will always beat a team of individuals no matter how good those individuals are, our back 6 are I think we saw last year with May as the General back there started to really work for each other this season.  Our mids and forwards don't show any signs that they have progressed in the team football approach.

Great posts Dr. Interesting thing is nearly all supporters you speak to are basically seeing and saying the same things.

All I want to see in the first practice game next season is low passes from the midfield to nice clear leads in the forward line. Plus everything you said about the midfield. Not too much to ask is it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kent said:

I have said on here previously Dr and been mocked

I had a conversation with Plapp family member and he  thought that there were some that were uncoachable

For what its worth! Maybe that's right, maybe the coaches are no good but one thing for sure there has to be a radical change in approach to get this mob playing as a team

 

I don't think there is any fear of the coach in the players, we are all buddy buddy, there has to be a element of fear, if you don't follow team instructions there will be consequences.  As mentioned though we don't have the depth to hold some players accountable

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

Oh boy...

"Instead, it’s more likely Treloar stays at the Pies for one more year, giving his camp and rival clubs time to plan for a move this time next year. It’s not ideal, but it’s the best card in the bad hand that he has been dealt by his own club."

Treloar staring down the barrel of awkward Collingwood return

 

Yep. No Club is going to pay that Contract 

It may be similar in a years time. Those Hamstrings will be watched very closely 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    MOGGIES MASTERED by George on the Outer

    They say that herding cats is an impossible task but not for the Melbourne Demons who through relentless pressure, scored a commanding 25 point victory in Round 4 over Geelong at the MCG. The team that missed the AFL finals only once in the past dozen years were shown up by the new Demons of 2021 who have recorded their first 4-0 opening to the season in 21 years! Melbourne knew what was coming, and it was Geelong who were shown up for their inability to adapt to the 2021 style of foot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNDER MY SKIN by The Oracle

    The story goes that there’s a certain player from Geelong who has been seen in Moorabool Street crooning the old Sinatra classic, “I’ve got you under my skin.” His name is O’Connor and he’s been tasked to achieve one thing on Sunday by his coach, Chris Scott: to get under the skin of a Demon midfielder on Sunday and thereby tag him out of the big contest at the G. The idea behind the tactic is to not only blunt one of the team’s most destructive weapons but to distract them all from producing th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAX IN SPACE

    Demon skipper Max Gawn is one big unit at 208cm and lately he’s been standing even taller. We already know that he’s unstoppable in the air when going for a mark but with three consecutive victories to open the season, you might say that he has his head in the clouds.  And that is literally true thanks to a fan at Demonland.com who recently arranged for our big ruckman to go even further than the clouds but way beyond to the edge of space and into the stratosphere. And this photograph of Ma

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 25

    CAPITAL PUNISHMENT by George on the Outer

    A 34-point win in the nation’s capital has seen the Demons kill the Giants hopes early in the 2021 season. It wasn’t only the scoreboard, but a succession of injuries to major players for GWS that has put paid to their aspirations. The winning result wasn’t just due to the opposition losing players, but also to the relentless pressure from this 2021 Melbourne side that put them in the winners circle. In past years, a 16 point deficit at the first change combined with a rampant Toby Greene w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    POWER AND THE PASSION by Whispering Jack

    The Demons ran out for their Qualifying Final match against the Fremantle Dockers at Casey Fields as the sounds of Midnight Oils’ “Power and the Passion cascaded over the mainly friendly pro-Melbourne crowd. It was a far cry from the season opener at Carrara in late January where few of their fans were in attendance in high 20’s heat and humidity and silence greeted every score from the slow-starting Demons. They ran away from the lowly Suns, won comfortably in the end and followed that with ano

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BREAK OUT by Whispering Jack

    Despite the chaotic events occurring in Canberra over the past few weeks, one thing is for certain. This weekend’s game at Manuka Oval in the nation’s capital between the GWS Giants and Melbourne will decide which of Scott Morrison or Leon Cameron is the most under the pump at this point in time.  This time twelve months ago, the Giants were coming off a season in which they had played off in a grand final. They opened up their 2020 campaign with a resounding 32-point victory in round 1 aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MARVELOUS PRESSURE by George on the Outer

    Is this a new form of Melbourne which has suddenly emerged in 2021?  In the past, whenever the pressure was applied, the team would falter early and as a consequence, it would more often than not, be forced to confront its own self-inflicted failure. But perhaps not so this year. The match at Marvel Stadium against the Saints provided an insight into how creating pressure, actually relieves it on the club, players and coach. Right from the start, Melbourne was there to make a stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    STUCK IN THE MIDDLE by The Oracle

    Throughout the off season, St Kilda was touted as an improver and a possible challenger for a top four position mainly off the back of another good trade and draft period at the end of last year. Then in Round 1, the undermanned Saints made a shaky start and almost succumbed to the Giants but they managed to come home from a wet and woolly Sydney with the four points intact. For Round 2, they have a couple of handy players returning so they come into the the game at Marvel Stadium choc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A SCRAPPY, SLOPPY SUCCESS by George on the Outer

    After what seemed like an eternity without Footy in Melbourne, the Demons and their fans produced a scrappy, sloppy yet successful return to the MCG. Yet is was against an interstate team from the furthest reaches of the country, but the 21K fans who made it through the gates, was way below expectations for numbers.  Sure it can’t have helped with all the difficulty that Ticketek imposed just to get a ticket, and since you just couldn’t walk up, perhaps the number wasn’t that surprising.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNFINISHED BUSINESS by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club has unfinished business with Fremantle after that unexpected loss in their previous clash at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns cost it a place in last year’s finals campaign.   Back then, the tired Demons spluttered listlessly through the humid conditions in tropical far North Queensland playing in and losing two games in the space of four days and against two lowly clubs. The end result was much more than an embarrassment for the club given what was at stake at th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PRACTICE PUMMELLING by George on the Outer

    Was this a practice for what lay ahead for the Demons in 2021 or was it an outcome to expect because it was used as a true practice game? Those of us on the outside will never know, but a 39 point loss to the Western Bulldogs was a pummelling in anyone’s language. We can draw some consolation from the players that Melbourne put on the field, with Toby Bedford, Jake Bowey, Kade Chandler, James Jordon and Tom Sparrow each getting a guernsey whereas they probably would not normally be in the f

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A WALK IN THE PAST by Whispering Jack

    On Monday night, the Melbourne Football Club handed out four life memberships. Two of those awards went to men who are long gone. Charles ‘Chubby’ Forrester and James ‘Jas’ Byrne played for the club in the 1870s, even before the Victorian Football Association was formed. The other two are current skipper Max Gawn and swingman Tom McDonald, who almost left the club at the end of the pandemic-affected 2020 season. Some fans might have raised their eyebrows and wondered whether the emphasis on hist

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...