Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Esava Ratugolea

Demonland

15 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Would take him as a cheap option. KPF who can play ruck so improves our depth in our weakest list position.

instead of getting a disgruntled r2 like preuss we need to be targetting a mobile option that can play alongside (+ with LJ and Weid). Sav and 2mPeter fit this bill and structurally improve our side. they're both still very young for KPP and have played roles at AFL level, i think we absolutely must add one to the list even if it doesn't work out its worth the punt over TMac and an ageing MBrown for the future as a depth option 

• Like 1

If he can’t play well in the Geelong team he will look terrible in ours

who is keeping him out of the team aside from Hawkins?

these high potential/athletic types are always a risk but we are desperate I guess...

32 minutes ago, DubDee said:

these high potential/athletic types are always a risk but we are desperate I guess...

Geelong don't play 2 tall forwards, they are lucky to have the ex Steeple chaser that plays as a mid that can also chop out as second ruck.  They have a more mobile mid size forward line with Hawkins, Rohan, Ablett, Dangerfield, the Hook Foot kid.

He meets a need we have

35 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Patrick Dangerfield? 

We've already got Harrison Petty and IMO Weid will develop into a #1 KPF.  If we're bringing in a KPF he needs to ready to go as they #1 target in 2021, e.g. Brown - I'm torn on whether we should do this.  But I'm not in favour of Esava.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pollyanna said:

We've already got Harrison Petty and IMO Weid will develop into a #1 KPF.  If we're bringing in a KPF he needs to ready to go as they #1 target in 2021, e.g. Brown - I'm torn on whether we should do this.  But I'm not in favour of Esava.

IMo the Weid will always be a no.2 KPF. He is one dimensional. 

3 hours ago, Pollyanna said:

petty will play CHB keep tomlinson out of the team he's not a forward

1 minute ago, Pollyanna said:

How many dimensions have Josh Kennedy and Charlie Dixon got?

They are very good with there one dimension. The Weird is average with his. However I don't agree they are one dimensional. 

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

They are very good with there one dimension. The Weird is average with his. However I don't agree they are one dimensional. 

Describe all their dimensions for me. And don't forget to tell me how they were going at 23yo.

1 minute ago, Pollyanna said:

Describe all their dimensions for me. And don't forget to tell me how they were going at 23yo.

The Weird will always be a useful no. 2 banana IMO end of the story. 

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

The Weird will always be a useful no. 2 banana IMO end of the story. 

Light on detail and information as expected.  Previously you had him never maling it.

Weideman is a very very good player.  He's one of these perenially underrated players on Demonland. 

19 goals from 13 matches is not a bad return, and this is with a dysfunctional forward group. 

I place him in that very talented 23-24 year old group that we have at the club.  Only a lot of upside with this kid as he grows up. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pollyanna said:

Light on detail and information as expected.  Previously you had him never maling it.

He hasn't yet. I am not going to get into an argument with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. One of us will be wrong, I hope it is me.

Haven't seen a heap of Esava but when I have seen him he's looked impressive.  Might have only been 8 possessions and 1 goal in that 2018 round 1 game but I remember thinking "who the hell is this guy, he's so dangerous!" every time he went near it in what was his first (?) game?  Clearly (judging by the comments) he's had many games since where he has gone missing but at 22 surely there's a bit to work with?

Would love to get Brown as it takes the pressure off Weid but obviously there's a big salary, the trade and question marks over his potential injury issues.

Ironically I actually think a (physically and mentally) fit Hogan / TMac is actually what we need most - i.e. players that have running capacity to be a target up the ground as a CHF and run back to the 50 as Weid looks to be more of a traditional FF who will lead at the ball  out of the goal square and crash packs.

If we get Brown then both he and Weid seem more stay at home forwards so maybe Jackson would have to provide a lead up target to get the ball out of defence.

Our forward line is systemically a mess. (So much depends upon trading T Mac or his recovery).

As an M Brown replacement and at the right price and contract length (2 years) might be worth a go but please not another Tomlinson style deal.

If a good deal can't be done I'd roll with M Brown for another year

My interest is in someone to challenge Melksham and AVB especially as we are losing Hannan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adonski said:

You have NFI if you’re comparing Ben Brown and Sava 

My point about Ben was as a response to your assertion that Edava has no ability.

He is only 22 yrs old and in the right group/mix could be a very handy 2ruck/forward 2 or 3 for us. 

Ben is 27 and still dome  here dont want him! But I wanted to elicit your ehoughts on Ben's skills that we can utilise if you cant see any future for Essva!

Like all 22 yo he needs consistent work and footy each week. We saw that with many of our 20/30 list position players out of tough match practice.

lLets  see Who we end up with!

23 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

Perfect

Keep Up the good work RTG. Never before has a single word response amused me so much !!!

He’s got potential. 22 year old tall forward/ruck. This clip shows his best and worst in a minute. Has a good leap and can split a pack and clunk a mark. I’d take him as a cheap option, even as depth.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/461055/best-and-worst-of-big-sav-within-a-minute?videoId=461055&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1593851975001

On 10/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, Diamond_Jim said:

Our forward line is systemically a mess. (So much depends upon trading T Mac or his recovery).

As an M Brown replacement and at the right price and contract length (2 years) might be worth a go but please not another Tomlinson style deal.

If a good deal can't be done I'd roll with M Brown for another year

My interest is in someone to challenge Melksham and AVB especially as we are losing Hannan.

Whilst not overly optimistic, I am glad to hear that I am not the only person who holds a glimmer of optimism that Tom McD could recover his 2018 form if his poor 2019 and 2020 were due to a remediable injury. 

On 10/21/2020 at 7:24 AM, Lord Travis said:

He’s got potential. 22 year old tall forward/ruck. This clip shows his best and worst in a minute. Has a good leap and can split a pack and clunk a mark. I’d take him as a cheap option, even as depth.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/461055/best-and-worst-of-big-sav-within-a-minute?videoId=461055&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1593851975001

He must be the first player ever to totally stuff up a set shot at goal ... but there were quite a few tonight.  But then that was only a GF so obviously some of the participants were not up to it - worthless duds / list cloggers, as some here so offensively refer to some of ours. 

On 10/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, deelusions from afar said:

If we get Brown then both he and Weid seem more stay at home forwards so maybe Jackson would have to provide a lead up target to get the ball out of defence.

Ben Brown covered the highest average distance of ANY player in the AFL last year, at 15.6km per match. Also recorded the third greatest distance covered in a single match (17.3kms). Admittedly his ridiculous run-up accounts for some of that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1