Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Neville Jetta

Lord Nev

11 hours ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

One of the very few players to leave that I'll remember fondly.  And I mean very few.

10 hours ago, Half forward flank said:

I wished jessie luck, understood alves and wells. healy shattered me along with others.

Barassi  was the one that broke the club.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I was shocked to read this. It implies some Collingwood supporters can read and write.

More likely they would Reed and Wright. 

3 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Should be kept...mistake to let loyalty  walk

Sure but depends on how tight list spaces will be and what rôle he would be playing. 
As someone mentioned earlier, maybe Colonwood are playing mind games. 

Well, I wouldn't begrudge Nev an opportunity. If he feels he needs it, he has my blessing. What I want, though, is the bloke to stick around and be a clubman and teach the youngsters how to behave.

• Like 3

I am a huge Nev fan. The very thought of seeing him in a Pies jumper, on QB, playing AGAINST us, makes me want to puke. No way, just no, no, no.

He is probably unable to sustain AFL level footy for 3/4 of  game, let alone 2 years, and the Pies would know that. He will struggle to get a single game with us in 2021. I'm not sure where this whisper/rumour started from but it sounds like total BS to me. 

We need to keep him at the club in some kind of development or leadership role - behind the scenes. Stuff the other clubs.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, SAlves said:

I have been reading Demonland for many years & felt compelled to join to make a comment about Neville Jetta.

He is my favourite player!

Nev is a proud Nyoongar man who has had to battle his way back onto the list over the years & then to be recognised as one of the best small defenders in the AFL.

Neville was in the All Australian squad in 2017 & in 2018 won the 2018 Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award.

2020 was anything but a usual year & with shortened turnarounds between games, & no VFL to display form, niggles to 'older' players disadvantaged them.

With the AFL reviewing list sizes some heart-breaking decisions may be required.

I respect what Nathan Jones has done for the Club, but would find it disappointing if Nathan was offered a contract to enable him to reach 300 games & Nev was not offered a contract.

We need people like Nev & 'Flash' in the football Club to complement what 'Wheels' is doing.

Neville has been inspirational both on & off the field & he should be offered a new contract with both a playing & non-playing aspect to it. Eddie Betts is likely to be offered a new contract by the Blues as a player & a mentor & Neville Jetta should be offered a contract too.

Agree with your sentiments. 
Just on a technicality- Nev is contracted to end of 2021. Do you mean offer him an extension, by chance? 

1 hour ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Agree with your sentiments. 
Just on a technicality- Nev is contracted to end of 2021. Do you mean offer him an extension, by chance? 

Yes, offer an extension

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I am a huge Nev fan. The very thought of seeing him in a Pies jumper, on QB, playing AGAINST us, makes me want to puke. No way, just no, no, no.

He is probably unable to sustain AFL level footy for 3/4 of  game, let alone 2 years, and the Pies would know that. He will struggle to get a single game with us in 2021. I'm not sure where this whisper/rumour started from but it sounds like total BS to me. 

We need to keep him at the club in some kind of development or leadership role - behind the scenes. Stuff the other clubs.

Could be like EPL with  loan players unable to play against  team loaned by. This should be a clause in his contract.  Massive fan of Jetta and wished he had a better end to his time with the Dees.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 12:22 PM, Hannibal Inc. said:

One of the very few players to leave that I'll remember fondly.  And I mean very few.

Yep, agreed. I'll wish him well and won't begrudge him if he moves on.

Really loved the way he turned his career around and we all know how important he was in that 2018 finals push.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:55 PM, Demonsone said:

Should be kept...mistake to let loyalty  walk

So we should hold someone to there contract with one more year even though he does not appear to be in our best 22 plans.

Rather than let at his choice be traded to a club that say they want him there and for a longer commitment.

Remind me which one is the right thing to do for a player your club respects?

If this is what Jetta wants then this is a good outcome for player and club.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

A complete favourite

Uncle of Kozzy,  friend of Petracca and Oliver.

Hmmmm

How is keeping Nev different from keeping Jones?

l hope we can satisfy and keep a quality  bloke like N.Jetra

• Like 1

One of the main reasons Nev only got a few games this year was his concussion issues. He was getting more reckless with his attack on the ball and the man and getting injured about every third game (as an estimate). The last time which was in the second or third last round (I think) I couldn't help but think he needed to make the sort of decision in his life that is very hard to make, that of taking care of his long term health and his young family and bowing out. He is only one concussion away from becoming another statistic in long term damage tragedies.

I think it is possibly irresponsible of both clubs to continue his career beyond his current contract given Nev's circumstances. 

I will say I am no doctor and these thoughts are only from watching Nev over his career, as a brave warrior for our club. But if Melbourne know Nev has these sort of issues they should make it clear to Nev and Collingwood that we aren't happy and steps should be taken to support Nev in another way without putting his long term health at risk. He's got a son or two that have the "devil" in them and I want to see Nev watching his kids grow into champs playing for the Red and Blue in the future.

Whatever Nev decides I couldn't give a stuff about draft picks. I just hope it is the right decision for Nev and his family.

7 hours ago, deespicable me said:

One of the main reasons Nev only got a few games this year was his concussion issues. He was getting more reckless with his attack on the ball and the man and getting injured about every third game (as an estimate). The last time which was in the second or third last round (I think) I couldn't help but think he needed to make the sort of decision in his life that is very hard to make, that of taking care of his long term health and his young family and bowing out. He is only one concussion away from becoming another statistic in long term damage tragedies.

I think it is possibly irresponsible of both clubs to continue his career beyond his current contract given Nev's circumstances. 

I will say I am no doctor and these thoughts are only from watching Nev over his career, as a brave warrior for our club. But if Melbourne know Nev has these sort of issues they should make it clear to Nev and Collingwood that we aren't happy and steps should be taken to support Nev in another way without putting his long term health at risk. He's got a son or two that have the "devil" in them and I want to see Nev watching his kids grow into champs playing for the Red and Blue in the future.

Whatever Nev decides I couldn't give a stuff about draft picks. I just hope it is the right decision for Nev and his family.

While I agree with your sentiments and regard this action as a no brainer it is up to Nev really  and medical advice and family and footy Club discussions.

The main reason Nev has dropped Down in the pecking order of our Small defenders ( or just defenders!)  Is his sharp decline in pace and flexibility.

This has made him Very vulnerable But he still puts his body ( and head) on the line in a crush or crunch situation.

His  retirement is very close when we take all things into this discussion and zi am  surprised this Magpie Discussion has even raised its head.

Rivers and Lockhart are the other Main items in this discussion of our defence and its future way past tjis or next season.

Pretty sure a one year contract still open won't be the major discussion point about our much loved and respected No 39.

I have no doubt Collingwood are looking bigger picture with Nev. There is no more respected player on our list. He has been a fantastic player for us, giving everything on the field every week for many years. Even more importantly,  he is a marvellous human being. His off field work has been acknowledged by the club and AFL for years and will be his legacy long after he stops playing.  

Collingwood know this. They also know their history with indigenous and coloured players in general over the years has been abysmal. Eg, Winmar, Long, Lumumba, Goodes etc. The only way to change is from within. Cross cultural training can only achieve so much, and this starts at the top. 

Nev is already a legend in my eyes. I want him to stay. But if he feels and sees the difference that he can make at another club will improve things there and in the AFL in general then all power to him.

• Like 1

Like most on here Nev is well respected and has Red and Blue though his veins and would love him to stay in some sort of coaching/mentoring role whilst playing as a depth player. Maybe skipper Casey and cover for the likes of Rivers , Lockhart etc.if they get injured. 

Nev's body is shot and he's unlikely to get many games next season in our best 22. We shouldn't be extending his playing contract either, but he could be in a good mentor/development role in future.

If the Pies are offering him a longer contract and he can extend his career with them, then I wish him all the best and thank him for being a great player and contributor to our club for many years. Great guy is Nev!

Nev is one of my favourite all time Melbourne players and a great human being but it's pretty clear Goody has decided to move past him, if we can get him to a club that does see him in it's side i think we have a responsibility to do it, rather than keeping a great servant playing in the 2's for one more year.

• Like 3

I think he's someone who probably wont get games elsewhere at somewhere like Collingwood and looks like its purely there as that player/mentor role. Obviously money may talk in this instance and I wouldnt blame him at all for taking that opportunity, however I think as a mentor to our young small defenders, Rivers, Chandler, Lockhart and his nephew Kozzi, he's still an important part of our leadership and culture off field.

He's only contracted for another year here and I wouldnt extend him past that, but it'd be nice to see him stick around as a mentor and last resort player instead of in the filth's colours. 

• Like 1

I don't think Collingwood want Nev for an on field purpose, I think they want him for the exact reason we don't want to let him go.

Culture, Role Model, Community Engagement.

All of these factor into gaining the attention of sponsors. Sponsors want to be attached to clubs who are doing great things in the eyes of many, as that's what attracts money.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That should be the end of this discussion then.

I don’t know why we would even entertain trading him if he’s contracted next year.

We're not currently entertaining that thought, as far as the reports go at least.

But if Jetta asks the club for a trade because Collingwood or some other club are offering him a bigger deal and/or a promise of game time when we can't give him that, are we really going to say no?

• Like 1