Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2021 - What excites you?

Demon3

I guess something positive to take from Richmond getting a third it is the reminder that their success has come from a transformation in the lower half of their best 22, not from needing to gather superstars.

They've now got a heap of quality players but you don't look at them and go 'wow'.  Check their 2019 best and fairest -

1. Dion Prestia 91 Votes
  2. Shane Edwards 79
  3. Dylan Grimes 75
  4. Nick Vlastuin 70
  5. Tom Lynch 69
  6. Dustin Martin 67
  7. Bachar Houli 64
  8. Kane Lambert 63
  9. David Astbury 55
  10. Jason Castagna & Daniel Rioli 47

Rance is the only major difference in the previous years, too.

For me the most exciting thing about 2021 is  that I might get a chance to visit my Mum.

With that in mind, it's never a bad time to thank everyone who has done their best to do the right things in 2020.  It's been a tough year and could have been a whole lot harder if the local hospitals had been hopelessly overwhelmed as well.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Half forward flank said:

The faint possibility MFC listen to me and get on the phone to Gary Ablett tomorrow. Gary was lauded for the timne and help he gave to a Tiger player in the outer quarantine bubble. he willingly shared his knowlege and offered encouragement to an opposing player. Tell him we would love him to give, say, 6 sessions of midfield skill, not structures or game plans to our mids including Oliver, Trac, Viney, brayshaw and Co. Pay a fair $$$ but appeal to his generous spirit and love for the game.

You can't teach what Gary has. If we're not talking about coaching ie: not the structures or game plans then he can't really impart anything. He can't transfer his skill and g.o.a.t-like qualities. Sure he can tell them to train hard and do the extra yards and yadda, yadda, yadda but they should already know that and be doing that. For that they can talk to Max 2019 preseason or Trac 2020 preseason.

I get your frustration. As a club we should be doing everything in our power to be the best. Get the best people, on and off the field, get the best facilities and impart the best wisdom. If Gary can coach (and just because he was a great player doesn't mean he can coach) then he'd be a great asset but getting him in for a few token sessions isn't going to change anything. And as I've said, most of what he's got just can't be taught.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Donald J Trump is sedated 

Donald J Trump has a huge crowd at his second inauguration after a huge election victory.

Jackson

Pickett

Rivers

Brown

Gold Coast young list

West Coast crashing down the ladder

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:48 AM, Jaded said:

Attending live matches... I hope. 

...and not wearing a bloody mask, at least outdoors.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, Demonised said:

Our first draft pick. He's already a champion in my eyes, whoever he is. 

Absolutely no doubt ... will be an absolute gun.  Brownlow and Normie in debut season, but in keeping with tradition, no rising star votes.

• Haha 1

What excites me???? Potential to be invited to one of Uncle Bitters  "All for one and free for all abandon ye all hope who enter here" Funfest parties at the manor!!?

Edited by picket fence
  • Haha 4

no idea.. not much. brown? maaaaaybe? be nice to sign higgins. hopefully jacko and kossie click and kick some bags. fingers x no injuries. love to see may and trac kill it again. also be great to see the bombers get the wooden spoon and be a mess. 

The nerdy girl in the Bank.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Were you outright robbing or simply defrauding said bank Biffen ?

To quote the greatest fraud that ever lived “property IS theft”

21 hours ago, Dee tention said:

Yze to have a BIG say on game day structure and strategy...! 

I think the Ooze will be proficient in this role and have a huge a + impact on our playing group! 

Let the FUN begin...! 

So DEEwhy do we need Goodwin?

What will he do ??Skills coach Run the raffle?

5 hours ago, Kent said:

So DEEwhy do we need Goodwin?

What will he do ??Skills coach Run the raffle?

I’m not sure what Goodwin’s strong points are as a coach or person but the players highly regard him! 

In my opinion from observation, I don’t think he is a great game day coach with strategy/structure. But to have Yze compliment in this area as will will Goodwin vice versa...

So yes we do him for 2021 and beyond if the footy department is successful moving forward... If we go backwards I think he will be selling meat raffle tickets in an Adelaide pub! 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jaded said:

Trump told me one is only weeks away. 

Where I am, we have been asked to participate in the trial of the Chinese vaccine....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, Dee tention said:

Yze to have a BIG say on game day structure and strategy...! 

I think the Ooze will be proficient in this role and have a huge a + impact on our playing group! 

Let the FUN begin...! 

I'd reckon that the Ooze will have a high and continuous, evaluating exchange on The Team and its performances with his former teammate, Brad Green. I would see this as a higher level and regular scrutiny on both the Board and FD about coaching, player development and team selection options, plus quite a few directives, challenges and status reports. 

My sister in law says health and safety with vaccines is all about the adjuvant, the material that carries the virus in the vaccine. She's got a background in this stuff in case any trolls wanna point out the obvious.... Would like to know what it is in the Chinese case....

• 3 years later...
On 23/10/2020 at 10:37, spirit of norm smith said:

A Demons premiership 

and 

A covid-19 vaccine 

BRING IT ON 

I was confident then. And confident for 2024.  Get the goalkicking right and hit a target inside forward 50. We can win it.  2024 is our year.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3