• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

Yze is a Demon Again

45 minutes ago, Vineytime said:

Kent is better than ANB, Spargo, Hannan, Hunt all similar types. 
Mahoney has produced zero. 

Would he get a job at one of the top clubs as footy ops / GM ?

zero chance. 
get rid of him. 

Well he could have  cost the Saints the game, when he jibbed a mark that would have made it safe for them. Watch the last 2 minutes and he turns away and misses the ball to avoid contact in a marking contest. Guarantee Ratten will not like what he saw.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 5
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all. Been a while. Yze coming home

I spoke to Petracca not long ago actually, he said he was ashamed of himself for not winning the 1972 flag. 

Its official!!! https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/824053 Oooooozzzeee!!!

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

smells a bit like ratten coming in as assistant to richardson last year at the aints; you just knew that if richo didn't deliver the good in the first half of the year ratts would get a go in 2020 and beyond

Good win should just GO  Why wait until next year

another year of tragedy

Edited by Kent
  • Like 1

Just having  Adem  Yze  coming home to the Dees will have a big inpact. Can you  imagine  the awe and the respect . One of our greats and not using the term loosely. His foot skills were exquisite and goal sense was uncanny. 

Clarkson has honed Yze's coaching skills he is ready and waiting. 

If he does come home  it will be something.  I can dream.  

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

What has he done right? Losing culture bar 1 yr since the Neeld days when he was involved. 
paid overs for Lever, Tomlinson, May, let Frost , Kent etc go. .... 

Surely you're taking the urine here...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kent said:

better than Smith and ANB

Better than Oliver, Lever, Weideman, May and Langdon then? You know, our spine.

Edited by A F
  • Like 2

On paper, our coaching box is pissypoor in comparison to most other teams (apart from Norf). 

About time we got some glam in there that the players can be inspired by. It will also be good is they can coach well. 

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 8
8 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

I just showed my wife some highlights videos of Yze and she quickly noted, "Oh, he is in Fritsch's spot" because of all the close-to-the boundary 40-out beauties Yze was slotting.

A theory is born - Yze is coming to Melbourne specifically to sort out Fritsch's kicking.

Worth noting - in his third season Yze kick 9.16, so he knows how to miss and knows how to correct the problem.

You owe Mrs Goffy a present tonight.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

You owe Mrs Goffy a present tonight.😂

Goffy we don't need Yze to straighten Fritta out. It's purely in his head.

Ftotta needs to develope some muscle and start believing in himself more!

Once doing that he will have some swagger ( confidence) and kick straight tackle well and lead straighter and nit Into the  pockets.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Better times ahead- Trump has COVID and Oscar is being traded

Excellent in both regards, Chook. Such breaking good news heralds another slice of bacon at breakfast. :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, McQueen said:

On paper, our coaching box is pissypoor in comparison to most other teams (apart from Norf). 

About time we got some glam in there that the players can be inspired by. It will also be good is they can coach well. 

Nailed most of the problems in one short sentence.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balance Demon said:

I am confused. Is this a thread for "trolls". Most of these comments are straight from the "Trump" twitter play book.

Every thread ends up as either sack Goodwin or crying that someone we moved on did one good thing for their new club.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Balance Demon said:

I am confused. Is this a thread for "trolls". Most of these comments are straight from the "Trump" twitter play book.

That's good. Better than sleepy Joe where Demonland would go offline with boredom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some ask what does Adem bring. Well, the reason Chaplin joined was he came a current player fresh out of the system at Richmond. I could not see the reasoning for this at the time and still don't. Coaching is an ever evolving art and many assistants have been found wanting in the main role. I am not interested in the romance of Adem returning to this old club, he wont be putting on his boots for us but I do believe he has something to offer as an assistant coach which may further develop the team

Adem's skill set has already been listed here but in pre season Clarko is happy for Adem to be the main coach. He has moved up their heirachy to be Clarko's confident and match day strategy, an area we all know is not Goody's strong point. Our existing coaches have been there for a while and it is time to bring in experienced assistants with fresh ideas. Under Clarko we have seen, Simpson, Beveridge, Ratten and Bolton with only the latter not succeeding take over the reigns with some premiership success.

If Goody is as obstinate as people say only a strong minded, well credentialed and respected assistant will get through to him. Goody also will be aware his career is on the line next year so he needs all the help he can get.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Vineytime said:

Kent is better than ANB, Spargo, Hannan, Hunt all similar types. 
Mahoney has produced zero. 

Would he get a job at one of the top clubs as footy ops / GM ?

zero chance. 
get rid of him. 

Kent was also perennially injured and wanted a 3 year contract

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, A F said:

There are two potential answers to this question. 

1) having a smaller coaching staff will help bring down overall running costs.

2) I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL provides greater flexibility to the soft cap for 2021. This would enable us to go after 2 or 3 key assistants, at the same time as cutting superfluous staff and running a leaner machine.

The AFL needs clubs to perform next year, otherwise membership bases with kick a hole through the balance sheets of clubs and the AFL will have a larger problem on its hands with a new TV deal on the horizon.

If we did end up with Leppitsch and Yze and retain the rest of the top brass we’d have a very top heavy set-up. I’d question Richo’s role. Bringing on experienced assistants would make his role redundant you’d think. Mahoney has to be skating on thin ice as well although I’ve no idea who might replace him and haven’t heard anything either.

Looking forward to seeing what the outcome of this review is. Very interesting times indeed.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

Just having  Adem  Yze  coming home to the Dees will have a big inpact. Can you  imagine  the awe and the respect . One of our greats and not using the term loosely. His foot skills were exquisite and goal sense was uncanny. 

Clarkson has honed Yze's coaching skills he is ready and waiting. 

If he does come home  it will be something.  I can dream.  

But why on earth would Goodwin take any more notice of him that he has with other assistants.

Two time premiership player - I know what I'm doing.?

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

But why on earth would Goodwin take any more notice of him that he has with other assistants.

Two time premiership player - I know what I'm doing.?

Good Question , l thought the same and l am sure others as well.  If he is gettable and he wants to be there ,he would be a breath of fresh air to the playing list picking the brain of a great young assistant coach also teaching his know how. Better than what we have.

I think that Goody is professional enough to work in with  Adem Yze  and for the same cause could become a successful combination. Anything is possible.  I for one is hoping.

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, old dee said:

Kent may well have been the most inconsistent player the dees have had in the last decade. 1 good game in 5 and the other 4 were crap or injured.

seems to have improved a little OLD

Maybe its not players but coaching

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Demonland changed the title to Yze is a Demon Again