Jump to content

  • Podcast: Grand Final Preview      

  • Podcast: Gary Pert Interview & Grand Final Preview      

Trump v. Biden


Jumping Jack Clennett
 Share


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Clinton didn't challenge the legitimacy of the vote. The FBI launched an investigation on separate issues related to the Trump campaign's dealings with Russia. These didn't affect the legitimacy of the election, there were about campaign related matters. 

The Democrats were upset with the dealings of Russia with the Trump campaign, but the results of the vote were accepted. Trump is doing something entirely different, where he is trying to overturn the results of the election.

The US has 50 different states running 50 different electoral processes. This is really annoying, but it also makes it really hard to rig. In effect, you'd have to rig 50 very different elections, rather than just one. Trump is playing the theatre, knowing that he has lost, but trying to portray the image that he isn't a loser. I can see what's in it for Trump, but it's harder to see what's in it for the rest of the Republican Party.

Do you understand how the electoral college system works?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

First person passed the the post wins. In Hillary v Trump it was a white wash becacsuse Hillary was hopeless. This one will be decided in the courts.

That's not in any way relevant to what I posted.

  • The result of the 2016 election was not challenged by Clinton. The FBI instead investigated the Trump campaign's conduct during the campaign, especially in regards to Russian collusion.
  • The result of the 2020 election is being challenged by Trump.
  • Trump is struggling to overturn the result because he needs to fight each state individually because each state has its own election (which is run differently from other states). This makes it extremely difficult to rig and also means that the Supreme Court has no say because they are state issues, which Trump has struggled to comprehend. He tried to have it heard at the Supreme Court, however they took all of 34 minutes for them to deny a hearing (because it had nothing to do with them).

Nobody doubts the results of the 2016 elections. In the same way, there is no credible doubt over the results of the 2020 elections. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Axis of Bob said:

That's not in any way relevant to what I posted.

  • The result of the 2016 election was not challenged by Clinton. The FBI instead investigated the Trump campaign's conduct during the campaign, especially in regards to Russian collusion.
  • The result of the 2020 election is being challenged by Trump.
  • Trump is struggling to overturn the result because he needs to fight each state individually because each state has its own election (which is run differently from other states). This makes it extremely difficult to rig and also means that the Supreme Court has no say because they are state issues, which Trump has struggled to comprehend. He tried to have it heard at the Supreme Court, however they took all of 34 minutes for them to deny a hearing (because it had nothing to do with them).

Nobody doubts the results of the 2016 elections. In the same way, there is no credible doubt over the results of the 2020 elections. 

Correct, and to bring up the Bush v Gore situation is just silly, because that election did come down to one very tight race in a swing state, which when the votes were eventually hand counted after the fact, showed that Gore actually won. 

This election's results are so beyond doubt, but the Republicans who implored their supporters not to participate in mail-in ballots are now losing their mind that states which count mail-in ballots last (completely legally) swung in Biden's favour after the poll votes were counted. Yet I don't see them complaining about Trump shrinking his lead in Arizona or indeed winning Florida after Biden had a lead there. How convenient.

It is one thing to align with Republican views, or even to support some of Trump's work. It is another to be sucked in to the literal horse**** that is coming out of his campaign with no evidence whatsoever. When Giuliani is your legal representation you know your defence is hella flimsy. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

This one will be decided in the courts.

Which Trump is currently losing 55 to one because his ludicrous claims have no basis in fact.

Anybody still supporting him in this farce makes them look just as much of a sook and poor loser as he is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

First person passed the the post wins. In Hillary v Trump it was a white wash becacsuse Hillary was hopeless. This one will be decided in the courts.

How many times, does it have to be decided in how many courts, Wreck????????? Everything Trump and his crowd of buffoons have taken to court has  been dismissed by that court.

You also imply that courts can appoint presidents, that courts can overturn election results. Yet, I believe you claim the USA is a Democracy? I thought...but then again, I keep telling myself, that there are people who believe the world is flat and I have no right to argue with them or try to prove they are wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Correct, and to bring up the Bush v Gore situation is just silly, because that election did come down to one very tight race in a swing state, which when the votes were eventually hand counted after the fact, showed that Gore actually won. 

This election's results are so beyond doubt, but the Republicans who implored their supporters not to participate in mail-in ballots are now losing their mind that states which count mail-in ballots last (completely legally) swung in Biden's favour after the poll votes were counted. Yet I don't see them complaining about Trump shrinking his lead in Arizona or indeed winning Florida after Biden had a lead there. How convenient.

It is one thing to align with Republican views, or even to support some of Trump's work. It is another to be sucked in to the literal horse**** that is coming out of his campaign with no evidence whatsoever. When Giuliani is your legal representation you know your defence is hella flimsy. 

Trump didn't shrink his lead. He increased his vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Trump didn't shrink his lead. He increased his vote.

He increased his non-zero vote differential. Or did he decrease his negative vote? Maybe he increased his non-zero difference? Or was it a non-quadrillion difference?

Whatever it was, he lost by 7 million votes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas coming to save the Republic.  Wouldn't have it any other way.  At least 20 states have already joined their case as the tide has well and truly turned.

Pennsylvania's response to the Texas (+ 20 states) lawsuit looked like it was written by a 12 year old.

Told you all a month ago that Trump won and will do a 2nd term and nothing has changed. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Texas coming to save the Republic.  Wouldn't have it any other way.  At least 20 states have already joined their case as the tide has well and truly turned.

Pennsylvania's response to the Texas (+ 20 states) lawsuit looked like it was written by a 12 year old.

Told you all a month ago that Trump won and will do a 2nd term and nothing has changed. 

 

Your parallel universe is indeed a very strange place. Then again, you are not alone: you have Mister Loonie Tunes Trump and his choice lunatic lawyers for company. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

 

Guess we will find out soon who is living in the parallel universe.

Yawohl. I still maintain that you must be taking the puss out of all of us because apart from Trump and his inmates, you are the greatest advocate of Loonie Tunes I've come across - apart from the fringe loonies who have told me that Covid is a hoax and that Donaldo is fighting the deep state which is fill of pedolphiles and that Dan Andrews and Scott Morrison are under House Arrest because they are Pedophiles. I'm not making this up: I received the latter 'news' in August from a member of my family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mauriesy said:

He increased his non-zero vote differential. Or did he decrease his negative vote? Maybe he increased his non-zero difference? Or was it a non-quadrillion difference?

Whatever it was, he lost by 7 million votes.

Non zero differential is where I stopped reading your post. You obviously have little idea 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Non zero differential is where I stopped reading your post. You obviously have little idea 

I thought a smart observer like you might recognise the reference. It's Trumpian mathematics. Like a "non-zero number of observers" at the vote count, or Kayleigh McEnany's "one in quadrillion chance" of votes being cast for Biden.

He still lost by 7 million votes, however they spin it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Hillary had a ridiculous Russian conspiracy with a compilcit CIA.

Triump has photos of suitcases  of votes coming in, coinciding with the time of statistically implausible outcomes. 

 

 

Wrecker, you seem like an intelligent fellow - would you mind explaining to me what McEnany was talking about when she talked about the probability of Biden's winning those swing states being less than 'one-in-a-quadrillion'? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

First person passed the the post wins. In Hillary v Trump it was a white wash becacsuse Hillary was hopeless. This one will be decided in the courts.

Must stop reading these things so late at night - I can't understand what you're getting at - what do you mean 'Hillary v Trump was a whitewash?''  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jara said:

Wrecker, you seem like an intelligent fellow - would you mind explaining to me what McEnany was talking about when she talked about the probability of Biden's winning those swing states being less than 'one-in-a-quadrillion'? 

You would have to give a quote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, Jaded said:

I am born and bred Israeli. I can tell you that those 'peace' treaties are nothing but financially motivated by both sides. It has nothing to do with peace. The UAE and Israel have not been at war. They simply had no diplomatic relationships, but there was no war. These deals with signed to allow tourism into UAE and to open the flight paths. 

As for the Jerusalem move, it was an unnecessary distraction in what is already a fragile environment, and it fixed nothing in real terms. 

Please look into the history of the scum that is the PM of Israel, so you can better understand why he and  Trump have such a great working relationship. Both are in power to save their own [censored] from a long line of lawsuits, and both have twisted their own beliefs to suit whatever narrative helps them stay there. Natanyahu hasn't been able to form a majority government for years (3 elections or was it 4?). He just plays lapdog to whichever other political party will side with him to form a coalition, including the ultra Orthodox who are basically bleeding the country dry while refusing to serve in the military or work.

But I digress. 

Not sure if this is well known in Aus or not, but Trump got the deal done by agreeing to the sale of F-45’s..... 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jaded said:

When Giuliani is your legal representation you know your defence is hella flimsy

I reckon he’s a one-of-a-kind. I mean, who else could pull off a PR coup like this:
 

 

8757B9DE-08AC-4EB7-BC91-525A4E549FA9.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dieter said:

Yawohl. I still maintain that you must be taking the puss out of all of us because apart from Trump and his inmates, you are the greatest advocate of Loonie Tunes I've come across - apart from the fringe loonies who have told me that Covid is a hoax and that Donaldo is fighting the deep state which is fill of pedolphiles and that Dan Andrews and Scott Morrison are under House Arrest because they are Pedophiles. I'm not making this up: I received the latter 'news' in August from a member of my family.

Fear does weird things to people. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    THE ICING ON THE QUAKE by Whispering Jack

    It’s not Christmas yet but if the Melbourne wins its last game of the 2021 season, then many of its fans will be celebrating early. There already are some parts of our town where the pending festivity is preordained. Houses are decked out with red and blue banners and streamers, some of which appeared as early as last Saturday week, on the morning after the Demons’ magnificent 83-point crushing of Geelong in their preliminary final at Optus Stadium. While it’s great to see the numbers of lo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...