Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The democrats and mass voter fraud are like two peas in a pod. Biden, the worst candidate of all time (somehow even worse than Hillary),  has the most votes ever?  More than Obama?   They aren't

This is aging well ...

Trump, the Murdoch media (specifically the New York Post) and a whole lot of right-leaning social media, didn't "sweep it under the rug". They went all out for Hunter Biden. But just like the "rigged

Posted Images


What a garbage attack that debate was. Everyone has gone crazy about Biden telling Trump to shut up but the most personal remark for me was Trump's "There's nothing smart about you Joe".

To Biden's credit he'd prepared very well and looked down the barrel to address the American people, Trump stuffed it up a bit by interrupting all the time. He probably would have gotten a lot further letting Biden talk and eventually tripping up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It proves to me what a sad shambles of a place the US is. Then again, it always has been: a country built on slavery and white supremacy, which murdered most of its native inhabitants, which has been at war for every year of its history bar - it's either sixteen or fourteen years, there's a Jimmy Carter You tube clip made not that long ago which nominates this great achievement. It is a lunatic asylum run by lunatics and war mongers. The main trouble is, Biden and Co are no better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next debate they need to hire a mother of small children to moderate.... “if you two don’t get along so help me god I’m turning this debate around and going home”. 
 

A shambles and an embarrassment to democracy. Not since the Second World War has the world been more desperate for good strong leadership. Between Trump, the dictators in Russia and China and that moron Boris, the world is absolutely [censored]. 
Biden is a very underwhelming candidate, but there is no doubt that a pile of day old rubbish would be a better option than Trump so 🤷‍♀️
 

I live in hope Harris destroys that mouth breathing sack of [censored] Pence and seals the Democrats the victory. God knows these two old white men wont. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A nil all draw would be an apt result with these 2 candidates

But Trump will play to his audience and if Biden plays personalities he'll come off 2nd best

The Democrats & Biden would be best suited to totally ignore Trump (as hard as that is) otherwise the game gets played on Trump's terms

And the end result could see Trump win again.  Much like Hillary,  Biden is just the wrong candidate. 

The Dems should have presented a younger vibrant,  savvy and intelligent nominee

I don't have a dog in the fight as I can't abide any side of politics.  They're nearly all corrupt & incompetent to my way of thinking

But if it is a dog fight,  Trump wins

Biden leads in the polls but the gaps aren't nearly big enough to guarantee a Biden victory. In fact,  the polls are merely a guide as reality tells us that the presidential election will be decided by the swing States & Rust Belt States

As it was in the last election

 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Macca said:

A nil all draw would be an apt result with these 2 candidates

But Trump will play to his audience and if Biden plays personalities he'll come off 2nd best

The Democrats & Biden would be best suited to totally ignore Trump (as hard as that is) otherwise the game gets played on Trump's terms

And the end result could see Trump win again.  Much like Hillary,  Biden is just the wrong candidate. 

The Dems should have presented a younger vibrant,  savvy and intelligent nominee

I don't have a dog in the fight as I can't abide any side of politics.  They're nearly all corrupt & incompetent to my way of thinking

But if it is a dog fight,  Trump wins

Biden leads in the polls but the gaps aren't nearly big enough to guarantee a Biden victory. In fact,  the polls are merely a guide as reality tells us that the presidential election will be decided by the swing States & Rust Belt States

As it was in the last election

 

Their system is flawed. Hillary should have been president. 3,000,000 extra votes and she loses to this muppet. 

Whether Trump wins or loses, the damage is done with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court. 
Can’t wait for them to cancel the health care and abortion bills. Welcome back to 1958. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Their system is flawed. Hillary should have been president. 3,000,000 extra votes and she loses to this muppet. 

Whether Trump wins or loses, the damage is done with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court. 
Can’t wait for them to cancel the health care and abortion bills. Welcome back to 1958. 

Their system is their system and Trump won fair & square under that system last time.  Most of the extra votes came out of California & New York

And we all knew that going in.  The key is winning the Swing States & Rust Belt States.

And that's what Trump did last time.  But my argument is a totally neutral one.  I wouldn't vote for any of them

The extreme Alt Right are as bad as the extreme loonie left.  In fact,  both have a lot in common.  Telling us how to live our lives is the common theme.  And neither side have much of a clue so why should anyone even listen to them?

But people view their side of politics like they follow their favourite sporting team.  They're all in,  almost totally biased and therefore almost totally compromised.  It's all about the winning,  not governance

One of them will win and not much will change.  The minimum wage is way below poverty level,  their gun laws are archaic and there's nearly 3 million of them in jail

It's just a mess of a country

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Macca said:

Their system is their system and Trump won fair & square under that system last time.  Most of the extra votes came out of California & New York

And we all knew that going in.  The key is winning the Swing States & Rust Belt States.

And that's what Trump did last time.  But my argument is a totally neutral one.  I wouldn't vote for any of them

 

 

 

I’m not so convinced his mates in Russia didn’t have a lot to do with the win. I can’t marry the words Trump with Fair. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Donald & Melania have both contracted Covid-19

You wouldn't wish that insidious virus on anyone.  It might hit Trump hard too,  at his age

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macca said:

Apparently Donald & Melania have both contracted Covid-19

You wouldn't wish that insidious virus on anyone.  It might hit Trump hard too,  at his age

Dr Norman Swan says that the stats indicate that Trump's mortality rate, given his age and obesity, is likely to be between 7 and 18%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Dr Norman Swan says that the stats indicate that Trump's mortality rate, given his age and obesity, is likely to be between 7 and 18%.

Yep and 2 weeks probably won't cover his time with the illness.  Best case scenario yes,  but as you said,  his age & obesity goes against him.

More like 4 weeks plus so the whole lead up to the election is up in the air

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Yep and 2 weeks probably won't cover his time with the illness.  Best case scenario yes,  but as you said,  his age & obesity goes against him.

More like 4 weeks plus so the whole lead up to the election is up in the air

He'll be in mandated quarantine for 2 weeks ... but after that seems a bit sketchy. It's effectively a 1 in 6 or 1 in 7 chance that the president of the USA dies in office (given that any inauguration would happen in January)!!

I think it will make it incredibly difficult for him politically, since this will be the only real issue that anyone will be able to deal with in the final month of the campaign. The handling of COVID is an extremely weak point for Trump politically, especially in places like Florida where the residents trend elderly, and by getting COVID he has effectively made himself a giant billboard for one of his biggest political weaknesses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The sweet sweet irony of this orange pig catching Covid. Now is his chance to drink that miracle bleach! 

I just feel bad for his supporters who packed his rallies, no masks or social distancing, who won’t have the same privileged care as the man they so adore, and who is so against free healthcare.

He literally made fun of Biden for wearing a face mask. 
Who’s laughing now you ignorant moron? 

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

The sweet sweet irony of this orange pig catching Covid. Now is his chance to drink that miracle bleach! 

I just feel bad for his supporters who packed his rallies, no masks or social distancing, who won’t have the same privileged care as the man they so adore, and who is so against free healthcare.

He literally made fun of Biden for wearing a face mask. 
Who’s laughing now you ignorant moron? 

My thoughts exactly jaded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It just gets better... the pond scum that is the POTUS, took photos and had a roundtable with donors at a Bedminster fundraiser Just hours before announcing his Covid diagnosis; he did this despite the fact that he was already fully aware at that time, that he had Covid. 
 

and just for a bit of levity...

 

A5308AB9-5238-4BA4-8062-EFC37959F266.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Macca said:

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

He would be best to never talk about anything. He’s an absolute dangerous [censored]. His approach to Covid is so damaging. 

At least there is one person in the running who I’m happy about. Harris is a very impressive individual. If I thought Americans were progressive enough to vote for a black woman for president, I would question why she isn’t the presidential candidate over Biden. But we all know old white men are the prototypes that these morons are comfortable with. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Macca said:

Trump needs to stop talking about COVID-19 in the way he is addressing the issue

It is not helping him gain or win votes and in effect,  he is losing potential votes especially amongst the older conservative types.  Especially in Florida where he needs to win

He's normally very good at playing to his audience and certain demographics.  He needs the 'older' vote but he's losing them over COVID

IMV he'd be best placed not talking about the virus at all ... same as the Democrats should not be focused on Trump either

Trump needs to shut the flock up. Every sentence is a lie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden is the candidate because of who he's running against. The Democratic primary was all about who was most likely to beat Trump and it's clearly Biden.

Biden is the least offensive candidate to moderates and seniors who don't want a progressive reformist (like Sanders) but also can't stand Trump. Those on the left will vote for Biden anyway because the alternative is Trump, but the ones in the middle need to be motivated to vote. Plus old people vote a lot more reliably than young people, so a candidate that appeals to them is going to be really important (especially in places like Florida). It's also important when looking at the Senate races, which is probably where most of the Democrat resources will go now that Biden's strong lead looks stable.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

He would be best to never talk about anything. He’s an absolute dangerous [censored]. His approach to Covid is so damaging. 

At least there is one person in the running who I’m happy about. Harris is a very impressive individual. If I thought Americans were progressive enough to vote for a black woman for president, I would question why she isn’t the presidential candidate over Biden. But we all know old white men are the prototypes that these morons are comfortable with. 

I'm more talking about the winning and the losing from a neutral point of view

Regardless of which side anyone is on,  it all comes down to who wins.

As for governance,  my expectations are virtually zero and that applies to any side of politics IMV

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dieter said:

Trump needs to shut the flock up. Every sentence is a lie.

I understand who you are barracking for and who you are against but that was not the point of my post. 

And as with most things in life,  what you want and what you're going to get are often 2 different things diets

And it's not Trump who you should necessarily be concerned with,  it's more so who votes for him.  Often Alt-Right types.  Scary people

And I believe that Trump exists in some ways because of the left ... more so the loonie left.

There is a fair percentage of people who just cannot stand the left.  And vice-versa of course

To me watching this all unfold is like watching a sporting event that comes down to the wire

And just to be clear I'm not labeling all those on the right to be alt-right nor are all those on the left to be loonies. 

I know plenty who vote right who couldn't possibly vote for Trump but they wouldn't vote for the left either.  Quite the dilemma

As for the left,  Biden wouldn't necessarily be their choice either but Axis of Bob makes a very good case for Biden in an above post

Everything might be decided with the State of Florida ... the only State to consistently vote in the president in 3 or 4 decades.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that so many old people live in Florida and how deadly Covid is to those people, should hopefully be enough to win the Democrats the election. 
I just don’t understand how, regardless of your political views, you could possibly vote for Trump. He is a liar. He is unsuitable for the role. He is unstable. He has done so much damage and there is the blood of over 200,000 Americans on his hands. He is a disaster. 
 

Edit: and I can never understand how women work for or vote for him. He is the biggest anti women president we’ve had in decades. If I was a women in the US I would be terrified of a Trump win. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    CANCEL CULTURE by Whispering Jack

    I’m not one who likes mixing politics with sport but it should be noted there have been some unusual trends in the world of sport lately. In the US, Major League Baseball announced that it’s moving the 2021 All-Star Game and the 2021 MLB Draft out of Georgia, in response to the state’s new voting law. Over here, there’s a move to force Carlton to change its club song because the original song on which it was based (written in the late 1800s) has “racist connotations”. The Blues maintain the curr

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MOGGIES MASTERED by George on the Outer

    They say that herding cats is an impossible task but not for the Melbourne Demons who through relentless pressure, scored a commanding 25 point victory in Round 4 over Geelong at the MCG. The team that missed the AFL finals only once in the past dozen years were shown up by the new Demons of 2021 who have recorded their first 4-0 opening to the season in 21 years! Melbourne knew what was coming, and it was Geelong who were shown up for their inability to adapt to the 2021 style of foot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNDER MY SKIN by The Oracle

    The story goes that there’s a certain player from Geelong who has been seen in Moorabool Street crooning the old Sinatra classic, “I’ve got you under my skin.” His name is O’Connor and he’s been tasked to achieve one thing on Sunday by his coach, Chris Scott: to get under the skin of a Demon midfielder on Sunday and thereby tag him out of the big contest at the G. The idea behind the tactic is to not only blunt one of the team’s most destructive weapons but to distract them all from producing th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAX IN SPACE

    Demon skipper Max Gawn is one big unit at 208cm and lately he’s been standing even taller. We already know that he’s unstoppable in the air when going for a mark but with three consecutive victories to open the season, you might say that he has his head in the clouds.  And that is literally true thanks to a fan at Demonland.com who recently arranged for our big ruckman to go even further than the clouds but way beyond to the edge of space and into the stratosphere. And this photograph of Ma

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 25

    CAPITAL PUNISHMENT by George on the Outer

    A 34-point win in the nation’s capital has seen the Demons kill the Giants hopes early in the 2021 season. It wasn’t only the scoreboard, but a succession of injuries to major players for GWS that has put paid to their aspirations. The winning result wasn’t just due to the opposition losing players, but also to the relentless pressure from this 2021 Melbourne side that put them in the winners circle. In past years, a 16 point deficit at the first change combined with a rampant Toby Greene w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    POWER AND THE PASSION by Whispering Jack

    The Demons ran out for their Qualifying Final match against the Fremantle Dockers at Casey Fields as the sounds of Midnight Oils’ “Power and the Passion cascaded over the mainly friendly pro-Melbourne crowd. It was a far cry from the season opener at Carrara in late January where few of their fans were in attendance in high 20’s heat and humidity and silence greeted every score from the slow-starting Demons. They ran away from the lowly Suns, won comfortably in the end and followed that with ano

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BREAK OUT by Whispering Jack

    Despite the chaotic events occurring in Canberra over the past few weeks, one thing is for certain. This weekend’s game at Manuka Oval in the nation’s capital between the GWS Giants and Melbourne will decide which of Scott Morrison or Leon Cameron is the most under the pump at this point in time.  This time twelve months ago, the Giants were coming off a season in which they had played off in a grand final. They opened up their 2020 campaign with a resounding 32-point victory in round 1 aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MARVELOUS PRESSURE by George on the Outer

    Is this a new form of Melbourne which has suddenly emerged in 2021?  In the past, whenever the pressure was applied, the team would falter early and as a consequence, it would more often than not, be forced to confront its own self-inflicted failure. But perhaps not so this year. The match at Marvel Stadium against the Saints provided an insight into how creating pressure, actually relieves it on the club, players and coach. Right from the start, Melbourne was there to make a stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    STUCK IN THE MIDDLE by The Oracle

    Throughout the off season, St Kilda was touted as an improver and a possible challenger for a top four position mainly off the back of another good trade and draft period at the end of last year. Then in Round 1, the undermanned Saints made a shaky start and almost succumbed to the Giants but they managed to come home from a wet and woolly Sydney with the four points intact. For Round 2, they have a couple of handy players returning so they come into the the game at Marvel Stadium choc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A SCRAPPY, SLOPPY SUCCESS by George on the Outer

    After what seemed like an eternity without Footy in Melbourne, the Demons and their fans produced a scrappy, sloppy yet successful return to the MCG. Yet is was against an interstate team from the furthest reaches of the country, but the 21K fans who made it through the gates, was way below expectations for numbers.  Sure it can’t have helped with all the difficulty that Ticketek imposed just to get a ticket, and since you just couldn’t walk up, perhaps the number wasn’t that surprising.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNFINISHED BUSINESS by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club has unfinished business with Fremantle after that unexpected loss in their previous clash at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns cost it a place in last year’s finals campaign.   Back then, the tired Demons spluttered listlessly through the humid conditions in tropical far North Queensland playing in and losing two games in the space of four days and against two lowly clubs. The end result was much more than an embarrassment for the club given what was at stake at th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PRACTICE PUMMELLING by George on the Outer

    Was this a practice for what lay ahead for the Demons in 2021 or was it an outcome to expect because it was used as a true practice game? Those of us on the outside will never know, but a 39 point loss to the Western Bulldogs was a pummelling in anyone’s language. We can draw some consolation from the players that Melbourne put on the field, with Toby Bedford, Jake Bowey, Kade Chandler, James Jordon and Tom Sparrow each getting a guernsey whereas they probably would not normally be in the f

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...