Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trump v. Biden

2 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

There are obvious anomalies with the voting. Not enough to swing the result but they need to be investigated.

If want to know how to be a good winner you need to learn how to not be a bad loser

No complaints from me last election Wrecker ... none.  Took the loss fair & square.

You should do the same

And who's to say that the Republicans aren't meddling with the voting process (Russia?)

The whinging from the alt-right mirrors those who are from the far left.  Similar types when it all boils down

And by the way,  I don't vote for the left so it's no good throwing Democrat stuff at me as I'm probably going to agree!

Both extreme groups from both sides are as bad as each other

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Macca said:

If want to know how to be a good winner you need to learn how to not be a bad loser

No complaints from me last election Wrecker ... none.  Took the loss fair & square.

You should do the same

And who's to say that the Republicans aren't meddling with the voting process (Russia?)

The whinging from the alt-right mirrors those who are from the far left.  Similar types when it all boils down

And by the way,  I don't vote for the left so it's no good throwing Democrat stuff at me as I'm probably going to agree!

Both extreme groups from both sides are as bad as each other

Macca - why are you saying no complaints from you last time if you don't vote left?

Hillary is still blaming everyone else but herself for her loss, I still don't think she has conceded defeat.  Al Gore had multiple more legal challenges to his election result than Trump has.

Trump gets more attention because he grates on people, is an [censored] and walking headline.

Journalism has also shifted from reporting the news to pandering to their audience. If I am pro Trump I can find all the information I want that he was robbed by voter fraud. If I'm against Trump I can find all the information I want on why he should have been impeached numerous times.

The key date is December 8, but you know that. I read your analysis 3 years and a Covid nightmare ago. You understand how it works.

1 hour ago, Wrecker45 said:

Hillary is still blaming everyone else but herself for her loss, I still don't think she has conceded defeat. 

Clinton called Trump on the night of the election to concede and gave her concession speech by noon the next day. She was obviously devastated but, full credit to her, she took her medicine and the transition was smooth. 

Trump lost in 2020 because he spent his whole time re-running the 2016 Clinton election, even though Biden is an old, white, male centrist who is an extremely non-threatening candidate. Biden's nothingness as a candidate, in effect, made the election a referendum on Trump and his record, which did not suit him well because he has made a lot of enemies outside his base. 

Al Gore had multiple more legal challenges to his election result than Trump has.

Gore actually did concede .... twice! Once early on when the networks called it, which he then had to take back, and then after the court ruling. The second time he promised Bush that he wouldn't take it back again. 

But that was, obviously, a very different election and much, much, much closer. The Floridian 'hanging chad' and the election coming down to a court ruling based on different counting procedures for them in different counties which produced different results. And that election came down to a single state with a 300 vote margin! 

The Bush/Gore cases were fought over something very specific (how to treat the ballots imperfectly punched by he voting machines in different counties) which would alter the outcome of the election. The problem here is that Trump's cases aren't based on anything, nor (even if they were) anywhere near large enough to overturn the election results, which would require him to overcome deficits of over a hundred thousand votes across multiple states to win. He's even trying to challenge Michigan, which he lost by 150,000 votes in itself! 

His lack of concession still (after the result have been very clear for weeks) is a bit sad and it's doing a great deal of damage to the rest of the GOP.

Edited by Axis of Bob
  • Like 7

Macca - why are you saying no complaints from you last time if you don't vote left?

No I am saying I copped the loss fair & square and didn't moan about it or make excuses

You should do the same

But here you are mirroring your beloved white supremacist leader banging on about voter fraud

Be a person of character and cop it Wrecker.  It's the decent thing to do

By the way,  you and a few other Trump fans here are forever going to be associated with Trump.  There will be no escape no matter how much you try and disassociate yourself from him

Mud sticks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axis of Bob said:

Clinton called Trump on the night of the election to concede and gave her concession speech by noon the next day. She was obviously devastated but, full credit to her, she took her medicine and the transition was smooth. 

Trump lost in 2020 because he spent his whole time re-running the 2016 Clinton election, even though Biden is a old, white, male centrist who is an extremely non-threatening candidate. Biden's nothingness as a candidate, in effect, made the election a referendum on Trump and his record, which did not suit him well because he has made a lot of enemies outside his base. 

Gore actually did concede .... twice! Once early on when the networks called it, which he then had to take back, and then after the court ruling. The second time he promised Bush that he wouldn't take it back again. 

But that was, obviously, a very different election and much, much, much closer. The Floridian 'hanging chad' and the election coming down to a court ruling based on different counting procedures for them in different counties which produced different results. And that election came down to a single state with a 300 vote margin! 

The Bush/Gore cases were fought over something very specific (how to treat the ballots imperfectly punched by he voting machines in different counties) which would alter the outcome of the election. The problem here is that Trump's cases aren't based on anything, nor (even if they were) anywhere near large enough to overturn the election results, which would require him to overcome deficits of over a hundred thousand votes across multiple states to win. He's even trying to challenge Michigan, which he lost by 150,000 votes in itself! 

His lack of concession still (after the result have been very clear for weeks) is a bit sad and it's doing a great deal of damage to the rest of the GOP.

If the election was a referendum on his record he got more votes than Obama ever did.

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

But here you are mirroring your beloved white supremacist leader banging on about voter fraud

Expected better than this from you Macca.  C'es't la vie

Edited by Trisul
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

No I am saying I copped the loss fair & square and didn't moan about it or make excuses

You should do the same

Be a person of character and cop it Wrecker.  It's the decent thing to do

By the way,  you and a few other Trump fans here are forever going to be associated with Trump.  There will be no escape no matter how much you try and disassociate yourself from him

Mud sticks

I disliked Trump before he became president and said he as president would be like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Those posts have been deleted along with the whole thread from that election.

Why do you have to cop the loss fair and square if you weren't on the side of one party?

Hillary is still blaming everyone else but herself for her loss, I still don't think she has conceded defeat.  Al Gore had multiple more legal challenges to his election result than Trump has.

But I was never a Hillary fan ... that's where you keep getting it wrong.  The Dems would have won the last election (IMO) with a better candidate and I said so at the time.

Do you think that anyone who isn't a Trump fan is a rusted on leftie? 

You bat for your team so much (conservatives) that you see everyone else as the enemy

There are a stack of people who sit somewhere in the middle including most of my friends and acquaintances.  They are neither left or right (with any passion)

As I keep saying,  the far left and the alt-right are the real problem here (not this thread particularly)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trisul said:

Expected better than this from you Macca.  C'es't la vie

No loss from my part

At least I'm up front about my views

And if Trump is not a racist pig then what is he?  A non racist?

You are defending the indefensible but you'll get plenty of support from your brethren

And I couldn't care less

Cya

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I disliked Trump before he became president and said he as president would be like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Those posts have been deleted along with the whole thread from that election.

Why do you have to cop the loss fair and square if you weren't on the side of one party?

Stop moaning about voter fraud then and then you'll have some authenticity

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

But I was never a Hillary fan ... that's where you keep getting it wrong.  The Dems would have won the last election (IMO) with a better candidate and I said so at the time.

Do you think that anyone who isn't a Trump fan is a rusted on leftie? 

You bat for your team so much (conservatives) that you see everyone else as the enemy

There are a stack of people who sit somewhere in the middle including most of my friends and acquaintances.  They are neither left or right (with any passion)

As I keep saying,  the far left and the alt-right are the real problem here (not this thread particularly)

If you weren't a Hillary fan why did you have to cop it fair and square when she lost?

I don't bat for any team. It's pretty clear from my posting that I liked Amy Klobuchar.

I also don't think Trump is a conservative.

So basically I disagree with every word of your post.

4 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Are you saying there was 0% fraud?

Are you seriously still clinging the fraud line dude? It's like trying to argue we were robbed of the 2000 grand final because of questionable umpiring decision in the third quarter.

In a country where over 150 million votes are counted, there are bound to be a couple of isolated cases of fraud, as there undoubtedly is every election. 

But there's zero evidence of fraud on any meaningful scale, other than a few nuffies parroting something they saw on twitter.

Journalism has also shifted from reporting the news to pandering to their audience. If I am pro Trump I can find all the information I want that he was robbed by voter fraud.

That would be disinformation. Huge difference. But you're right that it's easy to find a media source to legitimise any dubious opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Accepting Mediocrity said:

Are you seriously still clinging the fraud line dude? It's like trying to argue we were robbed of the 2000 grand final because of questionable umpiring decision in the third quarter.

In a country where over 150 million votes are counted, there are bound to be a couple of isolated cases of fraud, as there undoubtedly is every election. 

But there's zero evidence of fraud on any meaningful scale, other than a few nuffies parroting something they saw on twitter.

That would be disinformation. Huge difference. But you're right that it's easy to find a media source to legitimise any dubious opinion.

You might need to re-read what I have written. I am not "clinging" to voter fraud. It has obviously happened and is not exclusive to the democrats. I doubt it will change the overwhelming result of the election as it stands.

28 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Are you saying there was 0% fraud?

You're not going to win this argument on a technicality Wrecker.  Nice try,  but I'm the first to admit that we don't live in a perfect world

But it is an inperfect world with a divisive figure like Trump in charge.  You must really hate the left if you end up siding with a lowlife individual like Trump. 

Anyway,  the big sook lost and his crazed fans can all have a collective weep for all I care.  Tissues are in the mail.  The 'Other' right wingers I don't have a problem with ... I'm often one of them

Couple of questions for you ...

Do you sympathise with the alt-right and if so,  why? 

Do you abhor racism and do you believe Trump is a racist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

No loss from my part

At least I'm up front about my views

And if Trump is not a racist pig then what is he?  A non racist?

You are defending the indefensible but you'll get plenty of support from your brethren

And I couldn't care less

Cya

Wow.  Ok, prove me wrong twice, shame on me.  Btw, you're flying off the handle at something that wasn't said. Never mind though.  

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

You're not going to win this argument on a technicality Wrecker.  Nice try,  but I'm the first to admit that we don't live in a perfect world

But it is an inperfect world with a divisive figure like Trump in charge.  You must really hate the left if you end up siding with a lowlife individual like Trump. 

Anyway,  the big sook lost and his crazed fans can all have a collective weep for all I care.  Tissues are in the mail.  The 'Other' right wingers I don't have a problem with ... I'm often one of them

I have discovered in my life - I am nearly 71 - that there are people who believe the strangest thing - for example, Hitler and his fervent, murderous racism - and that there will always be people who will blindly follow the lunatic threads of people like Hitler. Sky News, for example, the other night - no I don't watch it, I came across it on you-tube - told its audience that the lanky Trump Lawyer - Sidney, I believe she is called  - had delivered explosive news that 'proved' election fraud and would lead to Donaldo Duckin Trump being re-elected. Yes, folks, right here in OZ. Yes, there are flat-earthers everywhere. Today, on some news channel there was in interview with Gary Ablett who was filmed as he drove his car. He said that when the 20 year old woman died in his motel room from drugs, it was the lowlight of his life. He said that Jesus had forgiven him and he was in a better place now. Then he said that the world was poised: that the Illuminati had manufactured Covid so that the world would become cashless, that we were about to be brainwashed and install LUCIFER as our God. Go figure. 

What I'm trying to say is that many 'conspiracy' theories dwell on the same piece of string as Donald Trump's lunatic rantings and ravings. He actually 'forecast ' 'election fraud' would happen, just about from the minute he took office.There are many on this site who believe his every word. What does that tell you about the human species? 

And, I can actually PROVE that the world is and always was flat, you see, just subscribe to my Sky News Broadcast. Ha friggin ha, that's what it's come down to. 

Another Trump moron - the White House spokesperson, forget her name, the blonde, actually used the figging word Orwellian the other day. I bet she has never heard of or read Orwell in her life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dieter said:

I have discovered in my life - I am nearly 71 - that there are people who believe the strangest thing - for example, Hitler and his fervent, murderous racism - and that there will always be people who will blindly follow the lunatic threads of people like Hitler. Sky News, for example, the other night - no I don't watch it, I came across it on you-tube - told its audience that the lanky Trump Lawyer - Sidney, I believe she is called  - had delivered explosive news that 'proved' election fraud and would lead to Donaldo Duckin Trump being re-elected. Yes, folks, right here in OZ. Yes, there are flat-earthers everywhere. Today, on some news channel there was in interview with Gary Ablett who was filmed as he drove his car. He said that when the 20 year old woman died in his motel room from drugs, it was the lowlight of his life. He said that Jesus had forgiven him and he was in a better place now. Then he said that the world was poised: that the Illuminati had manufactured Covid so that the world would become cashless, that we were about to be brainwashed and install LUCIFER as our God. Go figure. 

What I'm trying to say is that many 'conspiracy' theories dwell on the same piece of string as Donald Trump's lunatic rantings and ravings. He actually 'forecast ' 'election fraud' would happen, just about from the minute he took office.There are many on this site who believe his every word. What does that tell you about the human species? 

And, I can actually PROVE that the world is and always was flat, you see, just subscribe to my Sky News Broadcast. Ha friggin ha, that's what it's come down to. 

Another Trump moron - the White House spokesperson, forget her name, the blonde, actually used the figging word Orwellian the other day. I bet she has never heard of or read Orwell in her life.

Better to drag them out though deiter ... then you'll know where you stand at least

I prefer the straight forward types on both sides but not the extreme types.  The annoying bit is that very little ground is given. 

I sit right in the middle and that annoys the hell out of people.  There's a lack of trust unless you bat for one side or the other but the rusted on extreme types are the untrustworthy (IMO) It's their footy team

Happy to have their lives organised for them by either side.  They're all in.  Told what to do without question.  In some ways,  company men (or women)

I much prefer fierce independant thinking but that doesn't mean I'd vote for independants either.  Bob Katter?  Pauline Hanson?  Hinch?  No thanks!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

You might need to re-read what I have written. I am not "clinging" to voter fraud. It has obviously happened and is not exclusive to the democrats. I doubt it will change the overwhelming result of the election as it stands.

Why bother bringing it up then?

For reference, there were 4 confirmed cases of voter fraud in the 2016 election. Statistically, it's more likely that a US citizen gets struck by lightning than commits voter fraud. So yeah, I'd very much doubt it too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

If you weren't a Hillary fan why did you have to cop it fair and square when she lost?

I was totally anti Trump back in 2016

He won and I copped it fair & square because I believe he won fair & square

Same as Biden won fair & square but you are clinging on to your ridiculous notion (backed up by the white supremacist himself - Trump) that voter fraud was the reason Trump lost

Give it up Wrecker - you lost.  Fair & square.  You should have the good grace to congratulate the winner too. 

Biden won - fair & square

Deal with it

And did Trump make America great again? 

A strong argument could be made that he made it far worse

He just prefers to play golf whilst America deals with a COVID-19 disease that is out of control

You see,  he doesn't care

He only cares about himself

The karma bus is heading his way

• Like 2

To the victor go the spoils (unless Trump somehow believes he can win California or New York - voter fraud,  voter fraud!!,  what happened to my Russian friends!!)

Texas Democrats celebrate Biden victory, declaring 'the American people  have spoken'

How To Watch Joe Biden's Victory Speech Tonight Online & On TV

Watch Kamala Harris' full victory speech as vice president-elect

2 hours ago, dieter said:

Trump actually 'forecast ' 'election fraud' would happen, just about from the minute he took office.There are many on this site who believe his every word. What does that tell you about the human species?

It tells me that Trump has amazing magnetism & charisma.  That cannot be denied dieter.

He'll be back in some form,  make no mistake. 

Trump TV could easily surface and that's my bet.  And who wouldn't watch it? (What did Trump say tonight?)  Even the far left can't stop looking at Trump. 

As for being the leader of the Republicans I'm not so sure it would satisfy the man.  It's one thing being in charge but in opposition?  If he wants it,  it's his,  but he craves the limelight & the adulation

He needs an audience

He is not going away in a hurry but at least he won't be occupying the oval office. 

2 hours ago, Macca said:

I'll take it you think voter fraud is just a technicality based on your response. I think it is more serious than that.

In answer to your questions

1) it is extremely unlikely I would sympathise with the alt right, however, I would need to know each argument before I made my ultimate decision. I probably agree with some and passionately disagree with others. I would stand by extreme or centre left if I agreed with their cause.

2) Macca - I have taken the time to read your posts. I have posted on Demonland for over 2 decades and made it very clear I detest racism.

Is Trump racist? I don't know. He's certainly not what I would call a good bloke.

His economic, unemployment figures and voter participation among blacks and Hispanic's seemed high.