Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trump v. Biden

1 minute ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Here

Zf8mJRE.jpg

Crikey!

Well I did take you at your word ... just imagine if I didn't!

Good on ya P2J but I'd be lying if I wished you all the best with your bets.  Not because of any other reason other than I couldn't deal with another 4 years of Trump.  But that's just me

Anyway,  if you do win you've done very well.  Close on an $18k return is good punting (if Trump salutes)

22 minutes ago, Macca said:

You make a lot of sensible points HT but I remember you stating 4 years ago that there was large percentage of Americans who are into celebrity status.  So they think differently ... not the Trump fans here in Oz,  they are just rusted on conservatives.  But the tens of millions of Americans who adore Trump. 

And that's part of Trump's appeal.  At the last election I was taken by surprise by the sheer amount of Americans who actually voted for Trump.  But lesson learned

Don't forget that Trump represents at least 43% of the electorate.  That's a lot of people and I find that number to be far more alarming than the bloke that they are voting for.

Those people are sending us a message whether we like the message or not.

It's not even about policy but that's what the Democrats needed to concentrate on.  They are playing into Trump's hand by playing against Trump.  To him it's like a TV show and ratings.  And like it or not,  he's good at that stuff

He plays to his audience like no other

And that's why he might just win again

Lord help us!  ?

I’m working on the theory that a very large number of people will have since jumped off that bandwagon. I guess we’ll all know one way or another, by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Just now, hardtack said:

I’m working on the theory that a very large number of people will have since jumped off that bandwagon. I guess we’ll all know one way or another, by the end of the week.

I can only do audio tomorrow but are the ABC or any of the commercial radio networks covering the US election tomorrow?

Someone else might know or perhaps if anyone has the time they can post up the 'Scoreline' here on this thread from time to time!

I remain totally fascinated by this whole election but I'd be nowhere near as interested but for Trump.

I just can't look away.  And I'm a neutral!

Oddly enough,  the left can't look away either.  His 'appeal' comes from all directions

30 minutes ago, Macca said:

I can only do audio tomorrow but are the ABC or any of the commercial radio networks covering the US election tomorrow?

Someone else might know or perhaps if anyone has the time they can post up the 'Scoreline' here on this thread from time to time!

I remain totally fascinated by this whole election but I'd be nowhere near as interested but for Trump.

I just can't look away.  And I'm a neutral!

Oddly enough,  the left can't look away either.  His 'appeal' comes from all directions

I’ll be watching on the TV, so I’ll try to remember to post a progressive count maybe every hour or two. It really is the proverbial train wreck when it comes to watchability.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Macca said:

At 12pm, it’s Biden 203, Trump 88

But Florida is looking more and more like being won by Trump, although with almost 75% of the vote counted there, Biden is still slightly ahead.

1 hour ago, hardtack said:

At 12pm, it’s Biden 203, Trump 88

But Florida is looking more and more like being won by Trump, although with almost 75% of the vote counted there, Biden is still slightly ahead.

Texas being close is quite telling as well ... even though Trump will probably win that State

I'm listening live on 'CBS News Radio' via tunein but they don't call the verdict on any of the States unless they're absolutely sure

So thanks for the updates as you're ahead of me ... keep 'em coming if you can

27 minutes ago, Macca said:

Texas being close is quite telling as well ... even though Trump will probably win that State

I'm listening live on 'CBS News Radio' via tunein but they don't call the verdict on any of the States unless they're absolutely sure

So thanks for the updates as you're ahead of me ... keep 'em coming if you can

Almost 2pm and it’s 212 Biden to 103 Trump.

Texas looks to be going towards Trump and Florida is virtually Trump’s although still being considered to early to call. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Almost 2pm and it’s 212 Biden to 103 Trump.

Texas looks to be going towards Trump and Florida is virtually Trump’s although still being considered to early to call. 

I had thought Biden would win Florida and that he had a show in Texas. Strong Mexican influence with a growing liberal base in the big cities.

Biden lost Florida in Miami.  Bash Cuba is the key to Florida it seems.

Biden still on track for a reasonable win but no landslide.

The real race is the Senate. A democratic presidency with a Republican Senate would be  a terrible outcome with four years of legislative stalemates..

The unfortunate thing is that the Republican right will take a reasonable loss as a win thus raising the prospects of another populist candidate such as Trump in 2024.

Edited by Diamond_Jim

14 hours ago, Macca said:

Don't forget that Trump represents at least 43% of the electorate.  That's a lot of people and I find that number to be far more alarming than the bloke that they are voting for.

I am totally bemused by the simple fact that Australia seems to be obsessed with a US election. The way I understand this is that somehow or other the US has subliminally permeated the skulls of post 1960 generations who understand the US via pop culture and those corny television series like 'Father Knows Best'. Then there's Hollywood and its capacity to perniciously spread lies and propaganda. 

I understand the US as a totally failed state which has somehow conned the world that it stands for anything other than brutality, wars and uninvited intervention in the lives and politics of countries throughout the globe. Before WW2 it's main sphere of skulduggery and rape was close to home, though its rape of the Philippines was its first major participation in European colonisation of Asia. It then - with Britain - totally economically strangulated Japan and post WW2, it has dropped its dreaded arsenal on too many countries to enumerate. ( People may also forget its role in installing the Shah of Iran, ousting one of the first truly democratic middle eastern countries.)  Australia, unfortunately, swapped its blind allegiance to every British Colonial war, and followed the US into Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and would have queued up to rape Iran had Joe Biden had his way in 2009.

The other thing people have amnesia about regarding the US is that its so-called constitution was written by slave owners who never once grasped the tragic irony of their fictional nonsense, that 'all men are born equal'.

In the meantime, we have a country which randomly shoots its Black population, in which its citizen  have a 'constitutional right' to arm themselves to the teeth, whose economy is based on producing weapons of mass destruction - oh, and the movie industry and pop music - which has fallen prey to one the most mendacious, dumbf''k, mental midget, basically illiterate, bully boy liar and manipulator in world history.

In fact, as you point out, 43% of the population voted for him. I remind people that the biggest vote Adolf Hitler ever got in an election was 33%.

Edited by dieter
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, dieter said:

I am totally bemused by the simple fact that Australia seems to be obsessed with a US election. The way I understand this is that somehow or other the US has subliminally permeated the skulls of post 1960 generations who understand the US via pop culture and those corny television series like 'Father Knows Best'. Then there's Hollywood and its capacity to perniciously spread lies and propaganda. 

I understand the US as a totally failed state which has somehow conned the world that it stands for anything other than brutality, wars and uninvited intervention in the lives and politics of countries throughout the globe. Before WW2 it's main sphere of skulduggery and rape was close to home, though its rape of the Philippines was its first major participation in European colonisation of Asia. It then - with Britain - totally economically strangulated Japan and post WW2, it has dropped its dreaded arsenal on too many countries to enumerate. ( People may also forget its role in installing the Shah of Iran, ousting one of the first truly democratic middle eastern countries.)  Australia, unfortunately, swapped its blind allegiance to every British Colonial war, and followed the US into Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and would have queued up to rape Iran had Joe Biden had his way in 2009.

The other thing people have amnesia about regarding the US is that its so-called constitution was written by slave owners who never once grasped the tragic irony of their fictional nonsense, that 'all men are born equal'.

In the meantime, we have a country which randomly shoots its Black population, in which its citizen  have a 'constitutional right' to arm themselves to the teeth, whose economy is based on producing weapons of mass destruction - oh, and the movie industry and pop music - which has fallen prey to one the most mendacious, dumbf''k, mental midget, basically illiterate, bully boy liar and manipulator in world history.

In fact, as you point out, 43% of the population voted for him. I remind people that the biggest vote Adolf Hitler ever got in an election was 33%.

I'm not nearly as outraged dieter

I've long held a strong cynicism to all sorts of subject matter.  What the numbers highlight is that in a general sense,  there are 2 types of people in this World. 

And I'm not sure I like either camp as both sides end up buying into policy that they don't necesarily believe in

As an example it can't be true that all those on the left are pro-choice with all those on the right being pro-life.  But people pick a side,  they buy in and won't give an inch. 

Which to my way of thinking is a nonsense

And 33% voting for Hitler is an obscene amount of people voting for a narrow-minded,  war-mongering pure racist who ended up being responsible for 10's of millions dying in a needless manner. 

Ordinary Germans voted for Hitler yet many prefer to call those Germans 'Nazi's as an out. Oddly enough the same view wasn't held towards the Japanese.  Looks are important (Racism/Asians) The lack of consistency remains quite stark

And to digress for a moment,  it's been said that people won't wear masks because the wearing of masks is seen as an 'Asian' thing. 

As for the election,  it looks like it's coming down to the rust-belt States and we might not find out for a day or 2.

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

I'm not nearly as outraged dieter

I've long held a strong cynicism to all sorts of subject matter.  What the numbers highlight is that in a general sense,  there are 2 types of people in this World. 

And I'm not sure I like either camp as both sides end up buying into policy that they don't necesarily believe in

As an example it can't be true that all those on the left are pro-choice with all those on the right being pro-life.  But people pick a side,  they buy in and won't give an inch. 

Which to my way of thinking is a nonsense

And 33% voting for Hitler is an obscene amount of people voting for a narrow-minded,  war-mongering pure racist who ended up being responsible for 10's of millions dying in a needless manner. 

Ordinary Germans voted for Hitler yet many prefer to call those Germans 'Nazi's as an out. Oddly enough the same view wasn't held towards the Japanese.  Looks are important (Racism/Asians) The lack of consistency remains quite stark

And to digress for a moment,  it's been said that people won't wear masks because the wearing of masks is seen as an 'Asian' thing. 

As for the election,  it looks like it's coming down to the rust-belt States and we might not find out for a day or 2.

I agree entirely that the so-called Binary/Either/Or system is folly, nonsense and simply a convenient way for those who really rule the world - I'm not talking Occult, Deep State Bulldust, I'm talking about the system that allows the US to be at war with someone every year of its history except for sixteen, apparently, no matter which party is in power - to give people the illusion they have a choice.

With regard to Hitler, there is a large part of the Historical Community which acknowledges that it is not as simple or crude as your assessment. It more or less accepts that there would have been no Hitler if the so-called victors hadn't made the Germans totally responsible for WW1. The treaty of Versailles was a total travesty. I recall one of the conga line of German Chancellors - Stresemann - begging the Brits and especially the French to alleviate the unachievable reparations they were forced to pay and we all know the result.  

4 minutes ago, dieter said:

I agree entirely that the so-called Binary/Either/Or system is folly, nonsense and simply a convenient way for those who really rule the world - I'm not talking Occult, Deep State Bulldust, I'm talking about the system that allows the US to be at war with someone every year of its history except for sixteen, apparently, no matter which party is in power - to give people the illusion they have a choice.

With regard to Hitler, there is a large part of the Historical Community which acknowledges that it is not as simple or crude as your assessment. It more or less accepts that there would have been no Hitler if the so-called victors hadn't made the Germans totally responsible for WW1. The treaty of Versailles was a total travesty. I recall one of the conga line of German Chancellors - Stresemann - begging the Brits and especially the French to alleviate the unachievable reparations they were forced to pay and we all know the result.  

Are you being serious?

So because of the Versailles treaty that justified Germany later on declaring war on the rest of the World

90 million lives later and you want to justify it all? 

As previously stated,  millions of ordinary Germans were all in with Adolf

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

Have you heard of Sashi Tharoor? He's an Indian doing lecture tours mainly in Britain and other English-speaking countries. It's about the outrages committed by the Brits in India. One of his books is called 'Inglorious Empire'. He, and a lot of other historians, claim the Brits killed more Indians than the death toll of Hitler and Stalin combined. You can watch many of his interviews and lectures on You Tube. If you are interested in the concept of total slaughter, it might pay you to look into him.Then there's the Belgians in the Congo, claims that the native 'Indian' population of Northern America was  millions more than US historians accept. I've come to understand that it's best not to point the finger until you come to terms with the atrocities your own people have committed. 

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

Are you being serious?

So because of the Versailles treaty that justified Germany later on declaring war on the rest of the World

90 million lives later and you want to justify it all? 

As previously stated,  millions of ordinary Germans were all in with Adolf

Let's leave it at that. I didn't excuse what Hitler did, I merely pointed out that if it wasn't for the rank greed and stupidity and the concept that Colonial Powers have the right to redraw boundaries and create countries at their whim, the world would not have seen such slaughter.

By the way, the Germans did not 'declare war on the rest of the world. They, along with the Soviet Union invaded Poland after a pre-existing arrangement where both sides stopped at the Vistula. Many countries then declared war on Germany. The Soviets were excused. Ask a Pole which rape they preferred. Just for the record.

38 minutes ago, dieter said:

Have you heard of Sashi Tharoor? He's an Indian doing lecture tours mainly in Britain and other English-speaking countries. It's about the outrages committed by the Brits in India. One of his books is called 'Inglorious Empire'. He, and a lot of other historians, claim the Brits killed more Indians than the death toll of Hitler and Stalin combined. You can watch many of his interviews and lectures on You Tube. If you are interested in the concept of total slaughter, it might pay you to look into him.Then there's the Belgians in the Congo, claims that the native 'Indian' population of Northern America was  millions more than US historians accept. I've come to understand that it's best not to point the finger until you come to terms with the atrocities your own people have committed. 

I wouldn't deny any of that though.  Numerous Nations at various times throughout history have ram-rodded their way through for their own benefit.  It's happened in Australia for centuries.  Still goes on

But I'm not going to feel guilty about it ... wasn't my doing.  But it does and has happened.  See my view as an acknowledgement rather than taking sides.

You are obviously used to arguing with people who have some sort of bias but not me

I'm a brutally honest person who never leaves anything out ... good or bad. 

I have previously mentioned that I detest the alt-right & the loonie-left equally

How many people do you know that hold that belief?

Here's the issue ... The left that aren't loonies won't acknowledge the loonie left and the right who aren't alt-right deny that the alt-right exists.

So the idiotic to and fro argument goes on relentlessly without any end in sight.  It's all rather pointless if you know how to live your life devoid of interference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

I wouldn't deny any of that though.  Numerous Nations at various times throughout history have ram-rodded their way through for their own benefit.  It's happened in Australia for centuries.  Still goes on

But I'm not going to feel guilty about it ... wasn't my doing.  But it does and has happened.  See my view as an acknowledgement rather than taking sides.

You are obviously used to arguing with people who have some sort of bias but not me

I'm a brutally honest person who never leaves anything out ... good or bad. 

I have previously mentioned that I detest the alt-right & the loonie-left equally

How many people do you know that hold that belief?

Here's the issue ... The left that aren't loonies won't acknowledge the loonie left and the right who aren't alt-right deny that the alt-right exists.

So the idiotic to and fro argument goes on relentlessly without any end in sight.  It's all rather pointless if you know how to live your life devoid of interference.

You know, I hope like hell that Biden wins. But I am under no illusion that the US will change; in fact, I believe the fractures are so deep that it will self-implode. And, I can't help it, I believe it's what they deserve for trying to bulldust the world for so long.

2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Easier to see a Trump victory at present than one for Biden.

Very close.

Could the world's nightmare continue...... amazing

But it's not a nightmare for a large percentage of people DJ.  I see him as an annoying person that gets in my face when I'm trying to avoid him.

Nearly every news bulletin,  the web,  TV ... he just dominates and you can't escape it.

It is certainly a cliff-hanger but Trump is slightly favoured right now. 

But the confusing bit are the early votes (favouring the Democrats) verses the voting on the day (favouring the Republicans) and when and how those votes were/are counted in the still undecided States.

Edited by Macca

1 hour ago, dieter said:

Let's leave it at that. I didn't excuse what Hitler did, I merely pointed out that if it wasn't for the rank greed and stupidity and the concept that Colonial Powers have the right to redraw boundaries and create countries at their whim, the world would not have seen such slaughter.

By the way, the Germans did not 'declare war on the rest of the world. They, along with the Soviet Union invaded Poland after a pre-existing arrangement where both sides stopped at the Vistula. Many countries then declared war on Germany. The Soviets were excused. Ask a Pole which rape they preferred. Just for the record.

The Germans effectively declared war on the rest of the world through their killing ways & super-aggressive actions

What, did they not expect a bit of pushback? 

Impossible to defend in all reality.  While we're at it,  let's deny the holocaust

And I prefer to use the word Germans (not Nazi's) purposely much like most do when describing the super-aggressive Japanese at that time

And it's just as well the Brits & Yanks were around at that time otherwise not many of us would even exist.

And please,  don't give us another Churchill rant as we've read all that mindless stuff beforehand as well

Edited by Macca

1 hour ago, dieter said:

You know, I hope like hell that Biden wins. But I am under no illusion that the US will change; in fact, I believe the fractures are so deep that it will self-implode. And, I can't help it, I believe it's what they deserve for trying to bulldust the world for so long.

What?  All Americans or just the ones that voted for Trump?

Hissy fit time because you can see another loss coming up? 

If Trump wins again your brethren (the left) have to take a lot of the blame. 

But you can't critique your own team can you?  It's always someone else's fault. 

You remind me of a lot of Melbourne supporters.  Oh hang on,  we're on MFC fan site.  haha

Edited by Macca

42 minutes ago, Macca said:

The Germans effectively declared war on the rest of the world through their killing ways & super-aggressive actions

What, did they not expect a bit of pushback? 

Impossible to defend in all reality.  While we're at it,  let's deny the holocaust

And I prefer to use the word Germans (not Nazi's) purposely much like most do when describing the super-aggressive Japanese at that time

And it's just as well the Brits & Yanks were around at that time otherwise not many of us would even exist.

And please,  don't give us another Churchill rant as we've read all that mindless stuff beforehand as well

I taut dis was quite civilised for a while. Enter the H word, I'm outta her baby. have a good life.

36 minutes ago, Macca said:

What?  All Americans or just the ones that voted for Trump?

Hissy fit time because you can see another loss coming up? 

If Trump wins again your brethren (the left) have to take a lot of the blame. 

But you can't critique your own team can you?  It's always someone else's fault. 

You remind me of a lot of Melbourne supporters.  Oh hang on,  we're on MFC fan site.  haha

I have no US team. If you consider the Democrats The Left, well, you got some serious thinking to do.

Also, I have been more critical of the Democrats in my life than the so-called Republicans. Why? Because the D's are the biggest B/shieters of all. And the left? They lost their souls before they were even formed. Bye Macca. Nice knowing ya.