Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

On 8/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, dazzledavey36 said:

So reading between the lines, he still doesn't want to sign up ... possibly declaring his hand just before the commencement of trade period. The suggestion that he is waiting to see who the coach is doesn't stack up either as the the pies will be appointing an untried coach i.e. McCrae

Edited by Demons1858

Great win last night. However, our inability to stop the best small forwards in the game is still evident which is why Maynard would be such a great addition. 

Our keys are the best in the game. But when you lump Salem, Rivers and Hunt together, they're all too offensively minded. Bowey has only played a handful of games but he's another who will be best used as a ball user and runner coming out of d 50.

Joel Smith got a massive lesson last night and if we end up playing GWS in the prelim I think I'd prefer Hibberd to be playing a lockdown role. 

Maynard is the logical Hibberd replacement. Tough, uncompromising, plays the lockdown role, quick, good user. Ticks every box. 

Land him and we will be breaking all sorts of AFL defensive back six records and will have one of the most intimidating, impenetrable defensive units the game will have seen. No joke. 

Our list is in a great spot but we still need a couple of tinkers. One more ball user/outside linebreaking mid imo. And the forwardline is interesting. Still getting the job done, but it seems we function better a tall less? Brown, T Mac and Jacko/Gawn isn't working. T Mac has again put up a stinker which has me intrigued for selection in two weeks. He had four touches. That's a big yikes. 

Unreal watching our side at the moment, super exciting. Keep riding the wave. This post could have been in a different thread but I don't care. We're into a prelim. 

Let's go. 

Go dees. 

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 9

On 8/26/2021 at 2:07 PM, Baghdad Bob said:

You need to be careful.  I'm fairly sure it was Olisik that was HUGE on Oliver right from the get go.  He copped a lot of criticism with people wanting Parish.

That said all I'm really saying is evaluate the idea, not who delivers it.

So built his reputation on "Oliver is a good player", OK?

4 hours ago, JimmyGadson said:

Great win last night. However, our inability to stop the best small forwards in the game is still evident which is why Maynard would be such a great addition. 

Our keys are the best in the game. But when you lump Salem, Rivers and Hunt together, they're all too offensively minded. Bowey has only played a handful of games but he's another who will be best used as a ball user and runner coming out of d 50.

Joel Smith got a massive lesson last night and if we end up playing GWS in the prelim I think I'd prefer Hibberd to be playing a lockdown role. 

Maynard is the logical Hibberd replacement. Tough, uncompromising, plays the lockdown role, quick, good user. Ticks every box. 

Spot on. Smith wasn't outworked last night, he was just vastly out smarted.

It got so bad that i was just thinking with McStay down why don't we move May to Cameron. Smith can play tall and Daniher was having to work up the ground, use Smith's pace as a weapon in that scenario.

I disagree on the Rivers and Hunt part of your comment, both have great offensive weapons but i don't look at either of them and think they will get beaten badly by whatever opponent they take. Smith for me last night was always the big question going in, the commentators kept making it out like Smith wasn't on Cameron from the start when he was.

If we play GWS, Greene usually destroys us anyway. We've played Hibberd and May on the guy but he finds his way to get a goal. So it will be harsh for me to say i'd want Hibberd to have another crack over Smith but i feel like if our midfield actually shows up against the Giants for more than a quarter we should have enough to run over them.

Maynard would be a big get considering i've seen him play tall and small this year and successfully lockdown as needed. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, Gawndog98 said:

I'm sure our Indigenous boys would be thrilled having Tex at the club. There isn't nothing to lose, stuff like that can hurt your culture.

I'm interested how Weid has any similarity to Hawkins? Hawkins is a terrific ground level player who as we saw on the weekend can  pick the ball up and snap around his body with ease, have you ever seen Weid do anything like that? Hawkins is powerful off the lead which allows him to get to space on his opponent and is extremely smart with where he is leading and his leading patterns like doubling back, when does Weid ever do that? Hawkins is a 1 grab player who knows how to use his body perfectly and is a dead-eye shot at goal, does Weid do that? It's Weideman's 6th AFL season! sometimes you just gotta face the facts he just isn't that skilled a player, I think a fresh start somewhere else would be best for him.

Yes I have seen Weid display all those attributes ....in the twos and when he played as an unknown.

i also saw Hawkins when he was a kid and played without support of his teammates and umpires coz he played without confidence and was erratic.

A fresh start a team MFC would be a good return on our investment

On 8/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, WERRIDEE said:

I'd rather Neal-Bullen Elliott has no defensive ability at all.

And didn’t the QF Saturday night emphasize that.  ANB has been a kicking boy but played his best game in the pressure of a final.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Don’t think we are going to be prominent this draft or trade period.  Suspect we have targets for mid level picks (perhaps including our NGA and FS prospects), and will try to move up if it doesn't cost us too much.  

Mac Andrew inside top 10 seems crazy, but Twomey has at least been consistent.  I just don't see who takes him = I would think the bullies are a chance, but they have Darcy to worry about. We are in a good spot to look at him and develop him in the 2’s if medium to low cost.  It looks like we have cover for backs (Tommo), Forwards (Weids, M Brown), rucks (Daw) as well as developing assets as well.  Probably one developing ruckman shy atm, as our only depth hole. Otherwise, our best 23 is essentially the best best 23 going around….

• Like 2

I wold like to see us get Kent from St.Kilda (ex Demon player) in exchange for Melksham   or something like that. Mac Andrew would be nice for development ( 2 yr max ) . Like to see Smith and Daw play forward.

• Shocked 1
  • Vomit 2

33 minutes ago, COOLX said:

I wold like to see us get Kent from St.Kilda (ex Demon player) in exchange for Melksham   or something like that. Mac Andrew would be nice for development ( 2 yr max ) . Like to see Smith and Daw play forward.

Kent played 7 games for 5 goals this year, 35 games for 27 goals in 3 years at the Saints, i doubt he will be playing in the AFL next year

Edited by 2021 Premiers
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, buck_nekkid said:

Don’t think we are going to be prominent this draft or trade period.  Suspect we have targets for mid level picks (perhaps including our NGA and FS prospects), and will try to move up if it doesn't cost us too much.  

Mac Andrew inside top 10 seems crazy, but Twomey has at least been consistent.  I just don't see who takes him = I would think the bullies are a chance, but they have Darcy to worry about. We are in a good spot to look at him and develop him in the 2’s if medium to low cost.  It looks like we have cover for backs (Tommo), Forwards (Weids, M Brown), rucks (Daw) as well as developing assets as well.  Probably one developing ruckman shy atm, as our only depth hole. Otherwise, our best 23 is essentially the best best 23 going around….

Apparently GWS are keen on Andrew.