Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

Forgot to add...

The Magpies have told him they don’t see him as part of their plans – despite him reaffirming his preference to stay - and would consider paying more than $200,000 of his 2021 salary even if he was at another club.

They’ve also told him he is difficult to coach at times, with no further explanation or clarification.

What's going on down at Filth land?  Pretty handy player to be moving on? 

20 minutes ago, JTR said:

Forgot to add...

Massive backended contract for 5 more years. I rate him but I think he splits opinions at Pies given his disposal issues and being injured for a dozen games a year.

26 minutes ago, JTR said:

Forgot to add...

I know GC have picks and players to burn, but surely even they won't give up pick 5 when Collingwood is shoving Treloar out the door.

Pies would be lucky to get a mid-first round pick

7 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

I agree, but I expect they're doing it on salary bump and medical grounds - physical (hamstrings) and possibly mental health

If the article is correct and they are paying him $900K for 5 years, then there would be few suitors.  And while the article suggests Collingwood will pay $200K of that, it will still be too big a pill for most clubs to swallow.

Besides...why help them out with their salary cap problems, of their own making?

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a ping at Jake Aarts. He strikes me as prime Goody role-player material

We need 2 small fowards this trade period to compliment Brown.

Aarts and Higgo would be a delicious combo and would not cost the earth.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

If the article is correct and they are paying him $900K for 5 years, then there would be few suitors.  And while the article suggests Collingwood will pay $200K of that, it will still be too big a pill for most clubs to swallow.

Besides...why help them out with their salary cap problems, of their own making?

Shows the risk with long deals. Tmac, Polec etc. When did Treloar sign a new contract with them anyway? 

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Do realise that Twitter account is ran by a 17 year old school kid..

To clarify, I don’t mean the Trade Whisperer account is reporting this, just that there are some rumblings that the Saints are having a crack

2 minutes ago, adonski said:

To clarify, I don’t mean the Trade Whisperer account is reporting this, just that there are some rumblings that the Saints are having a crack

Not sure I'm sold on a twitter account that posts things like "10 retweets and we reveal all!" etc.

Can't even spell his name correctly...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

This could be our biggest list turnover in ages.

Definitely looking like a pretty big shake up, which is needed. 

I've felt this year our top 15 players match up pretty well against the top 4, but we desperately needed a key forward and some role players. 

The additions of Brown and Smith immediately make us look a much better side. surrounding them with 2-3 more handy role players greatly improves our bottom 6 and i'm confident that'll also improve our consistency. 

The thing is every week you know Gawn, Petracca, Oliver are gunna be pretty good and the same could be said for a few blokes but we've always got a group of 6-7 players who are in and out of the side who regularly don't contribute anything and it costs the side. 

The biggest need i see for our team is to make sure our bottom 6 are consistent role players, they know what they're in the side to do, and they do it every week.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Dr evil said:

Definitely looking like a pretty big shake up, which is needed. 

I've felt this year our top 15 players match up pretty well against the top 4, but we desperately needed a key forward and some role players. 

The additions of Brown and Smith immediately make us look a much better side. surrounding them with 2-3 more handy role players greatly improves our bottom 6 and i'm confident that'll also improve our consistency. 

The thing is every week you know Gawn, Petracca, Oliver are gunna be pretty good and the same could be said for a few blokes but we've always got a group of 6-7 players who are in and out of the side who regularly don't contribute anything and it costs the side. 

The biggest need i see for our team is to make sure our bottom 6 are consistent role players, they know what they're in the side to do, and they do it every week.

Completely agree, although I'd add that we have to get our systems right as well, because we chopped and changed so many times, I wouldn't be surprised if the players didn't know whether they were coming or going. Variability and flexibility is fine, but let's stick with one system and try and master it before we try and complicate it too much.

The other thing we have to get better at is selection. I reckon we get a bit too cute at times. Maybe this is partly a lack of depth issue too, which will hopefully be solved by this off season period.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Aren’t the rules that another club can pay eg 600k & they would need to pay the difference & question would we take & give them brayshaw?

Edited by Hogan2014

Higgins had major brain surgery in 2019.  Great credit to him to come back and play 13 games in 2020.  But those games weren't at the level of 2018/2019.  Understandable given the time out of the game and lack of a VFL comp. 

His goal scoring isn't high about 20 p.a so while he is a live wire with pressure he doesn't do a lot of damage for a small fwd.

It looks like he is surplus but he was a first round pick 3 years ago and a premiership player.  A club would have to be very sure things like touch, vision, reaction time etc are still 100%.  Don't like mentioning that but it is important to go into trades with eyes wide open.

• Like 7

On the Couch talked of Richmond having 6 genuine runners in their team with Baker, Houli & Short overwhelming the Cats, who had a need for more speed from defense, but still had Clark languishing in the half time sprint and winning it.

Let's not stop at Brown, Isaac Smith?, but target Phillips, another runner AND a small forward (Higgins/Lonie?) at bargain basement prices? Can we not do a StKilda w/ 4 or 5 pickups this year or are the cap pressures too high?

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Higgins had major brain surgery in 2019.  Great credit to him to come back and play 13 games in 2020.  But those games weren't at the level of 2018/2019.  Understandable given the time out of the game and lack of a VFL comp. 

His goal scoring isn't high about 20 p.a so while he is a live wire with pressure he doesn't do a lot of damage for a small fwd.

It looks like he is surplus but he was a first round pick 3 years ago and a premiership player.  A club would have to be very sure things like touch, vision, reaction time etc are still 100%.  Don't like mentioning that but it is important to go into trades with eyes wide open.

Our leading goalkicker kicked 22 this year (Fritsch)

Our leading goalkicker in 2019 kicked 22 (Trac)

20 goals from Higgins would be a dream result when you consider above and compare with those who play FP or HFF for us;

Jake Melksham - 15
Trac - 15 (Get's off due to midfield minutes)
Hunt - 10
Spargo - 8
Hannan - 7
ANB - 7
Pickett - 7
Bennell - 3
Edited by BW511
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

On the Couch talked of Richmond having 6 genuine runners in their team with Baker, Houli & Short overwhelming the Cats, who had a need for more speed from defense, but still had Clark languishing in the half time sprint and winning it.

Let's not stop at Brown, Isaac Smith?, but target Phillips, another runner AND a small forward (Higgins/Lonie?) at bargain basement prices? Can we not do a StKilda w/ 4 or 5 pickups this year or are the cap pressures too high?

Agree depending on list sizes and already held contracts.  

5 minutes ago, Dr evil said:

Kinda shocked by the way Collingwood are treating Adam Treloar, and the fact they're allowing it to play out publicly is really strange. 

I'd be keeping Treloar before De Goey, I'll tell you that much.

Edited by A F