Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

1 minute ago, Action Jackson said:

SEN reporting that Tom McDonald plans to stay and wants to drop some weight so he is more mobile.

Oscar will be traded though it seems, probably for a 3rd or 4th rounder I would think.

“Way to go Dude...”

8 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

SEN reporting that Tom McDonald plans to stay and wants to drop some weight so he is more mobile.

Oscar will be traded though it seems, probably for a 3rd or 4th rounder I would think.

Would like to know who had the idea to add weight to TMac, seems silly.  Look at Hawkins and most key forwards clubs have been working to get weight off them to cover more ground, we went the opposite taking a guy that could cover ground to try and make him a big forward.

If Tom can get moving he is an elite mark and set shot, but he is at his best running and jumping at the football not body on body.  19/20 can't jump or turn. 

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Is Jake Riccardi available?

I like the way he plays as a youngster

already ahead of many

No not available at all, and GWS would be stupid to even consider trading him. He is still on a rookies wage and with their salary cap they'd be trying to ship off those after pay rises (such as Hately, O'Halloran, Caldwell etc.) as compared to one of their lowest cost players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vineytime said:

Oscar & ANB on the way out..., Finally the coaching group see what the supporters saw years ago!

I would rather have either of them than the way milkshake played all year in 2020.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

No not available at all, and GWS would be stupid to even consider trading him. He is still on a rookies wage and with their salary cap they'd be trying to ship off those after pay rises (such as Hately, O'Halloran, Caldwell etc.) as compared to one of their lowest cost players. 

Thanks R&B

it'll be interesting to see what gw$ do with all of cameron (presuming he stays), himmelberg, finlayson, and riccardi being tall yet they're not really 'power' forwards but they're more mobile forwards - and they all want to play that same role

finlayson extended his deal, can't see them moving riccardi on, cameron has been one of the best forwards in the game for the last half of the decade...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Witherden - stats for small half back defender. 

Kicking - elite 

Kicking efficiency- elite

Metres gained - elite 

Marking - elite 

Well if he is not getting a game, clearly the stats are wrong or you have left out some of the more valuable ones. Not sure what metric you have used to consider him elite in marking? The number of marks from chip kicks in the backline? He laid 7 tackles all year playing as a backman and didn't take a contested mark.

8 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

I may have missed something but has Fritsch resigned?

Does anyone have info on Trent Rivers contract position?

No, Fritsch has not yet re-signed.

Rivers is contracted to end of 2021.

All player contract details are in this thread. 

I'm updating as list/contract changes occur.

It is pinned at the top of this forum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Witho had a limited tenure in the fantasy side a couple years ago, so I tried to take notice of him whenever the Lion's played. I must admit he never stood out to me, most of his possessions were junk uncontested ones in the backline, and his touches didn't damage either. He just floats around looking for uncontested marks but didn't even work overly hard to get those. I thought of him as a very poor mans version of Jake Lloyd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

Oscar & ANB on the way out..., Finally the coaching group see what the supporters saw years ago!

Agree to an extent but the supporters dont have to put their balls on the line.

Players/coaches all deserve a chance to develop, and there are relationships and professionalism to also consider.

It's one thing to be ruthless it's another to be a workplace no one wants to go to.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

From the article "Jack Silvagni deal up in the air as two Demons set to be traded"

Edmund also reports the Giants are likely to part ways with at least one of their first three picks from the 2018 Draft, Jy Caldwell, Jackson Hately and Xavier O’Halloran.

“These are the first three picks of the 2018 National Draft (for GWS),” Edmund reported.

“The Giants are digging in letting Caldwell go to St Kilda and they love O’Halloran too because he’s got a bit of a versatility.

“I think Jackson Hately is the one that falls out here, Adelaide prioritised him some time ago.

“He hasn’t pulled the trigger on a move yet, but I’d say that’s a fair chance of happening in the near future.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/jack-silvagni-deal-up-in-the-air-as-two-demons-set-to-be-traded-c-1359718?fbclid=IwAR0eNlhwOiqaX1csQobnA-7vv8sksegAGdwG8Lz-uy7X2U7x1nhxSadMsBw

Surely we'd be in to one of these?  Potentially part of a Preuss deal?

3 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

Surely we'd be in to one of these?  Potentially part of a Preuss deal?

Hately’s a younger, smaller Tomlinson.

Caldwell could be good, he has some class, but he’s an inside mid that we probably shouldn’t chase.

O’Halloran is the one for us to look at. Good size and good runner, could play wing or half forward. But other clubs seem more interested 

Targets should remain Polec & Witherden. I’d prefer Narkle but Cats are ageing and would be very unlikely to trade.

Preuss likely to get us a good draft pick to use. 

This is for Werridee... 

(Witherden) MAY LEVER 

SALEM TOMLINSON HIBBERD

LANGDON VINEY (Polec)

HUNT BROWN MELKSHAM 

PICKETT WEID FRITSCH 

GAWN TRAC OLIVER

JACKSON RIVERS BRAYSHAW HARMES

Emerg - Vdberg Petty Sparrow Hannan

Edited by spirit of norm smith
V
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Targets should remain Polec & Witherden. I’d prefer Narkle but Cats are ageing and would be very unlikely to trade.

Preuss likely to get us a good draft pick to use. 

This is for Werridee... 

(Witherden) MAY LEVER 

SALEM TOMLINSON HIBBERD

LANGDON VINEY (Polec)

HUNT BROWN MELKSHAM 

PICKETT WEID FRITSCH 

GAWN TRAC OLIVER

Emerg - Vdberg Petty Sparrow Hannan

big ticks on all those targets from me

@WERRIDEEheres my take

3rd rounder gets wright done (preuss pick) 4th rounder for polec (salary bonus)

lions would want to move picks around 2nd 3rd rounds for witherden

ANB pick for narkle + swap seconds

(Witherden) MAY LEVER 

SALEM PETTY HIBBERD (Hore by midseason)

LANGDON VINEY (Polec)

FRITSCH WEID (Narkle) 

PICKETT (Wright) BEDFORD 

GAWN TRAC OLIVER

E - Spargo Tomlinson Sparrow Melksham

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 10:55 PM, Patches O’houlihan said:

Bombers seriously keen on him. but as you said not really someone we need, though we should look at all good players who become options.

If Mitch Wallis was at Melb he would be in the 3 selected with Weid Kosi and Fritta as forwards so Brodie is not out of place as a possible recruit. Is versatile as well and  top draft pick.

3 hours ago, Turner said:

big ticks on all those targets from me

@WERRIDEEheres my take

3rd rounder gets wright done (preuss pick) 4th rounder for polec (salary bonus)

lions would want to move picks around 2nd 3rd rounds for witherden

ANB pick for narkle + swap seconds

(Witherden) MAY LEVER 

SALEM PETTY HIBBERD (Hore by midseason)

LANGDON VINEY (Polec)

FRITSCH WEID (Narkle) 

PICKETT (Wright) BEDFORD 

GAWN TRAC OLIVER

E - Spargo Tomlinson Sparrow Melksham

Turner slightly better than Spirit NS but Rivers is a lock in at HB Lockhart also at BP  Petty either CHB or CHF.

A half Forward  line of Melksham Brown and Hunt would be lucky to run us 5 games on 2021.

Withernden is a good player but not necessary as Lockhart is IMO developing nicely as our BP. If he came msybe he could play in the centre.

Polec a good selection with run and carry providing he plays team footy.

Ben Brown would be gettable and add to

ourcfirward line with Petty and Weid plus Jacko as X factor relieving Gawny in the ruck. Fritta and Kosi as well plus Bedford Melksham and Brown as depth also Hannan.

Considering everybody is putting their best 22 I'll put one in.

B: SALEM, MAY, LEVER

HB: RIVERS, TOMLINSON, HIBBERD

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, POLEC

HF: MELKSHAM, JACKSON, FRITSCH

F: PICKETT, B.BROWN, WEIDEMAN

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: BRAYSHAW, I.SMITH, LOCKHART, HUNT

EMERG: HARMES, VANDENBERG, SPARROW, BAKER

56 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Considering everybody is putting their best 22 I'll put one in.

B: SALEM, MAY, LEVER

HB: RIVERS, TOMLINSON, HIBBERD

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, POLEC

HF: MELKSHAM, JACKSON, FRITSCH

F: PICKETT, B.BROWN, WEIDEMAN

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: BRAYSHAW, I.SMITH, LOCKHART, HUNT

EMERG: HARMES, VANDENBERG, SPARROW, BAKER

Polec, Brown, Isaac Smith as ins.  That’s a decent off season.  

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, Little Goffy said:

Darcy Fogarty may do better at a new club and Adelaide is considering letting him go; Pick 23 (with some decorative swapping) and Neal-Bullen are a possible start point of discussion but perceptions of his value are highly variable, both positive and negative.

If Essendon lose Daniher as expected, compounding their problem of aging talls at both ends of the ground, they may opt for a single trade to acquire both McDonald brothers. My understanding is the Bomber's and their supporters aren't willing to bottom out completely for a rebuild cycle so they are willing to bring in mature 'meat and potatoes' to help with depth and competitiveness.  (Behavioural economists call it the 'sunk costs fallacy') Possibility of a pretty complex three-way trade involving Brisbane's Alex Witherden coming to Melbourne and all kinds of junk late picks flying around for Academy points etc.

Melbourne is seriously considering 'opting out' of the draft if they can't manipulate a way well inside the first round and just keeping very late speculative picks given the chaos of the year, with the focus on known 'natural footballers' rather than finessing the athletes and potential.  Already a lot of effort invested in 2021 where we are hoping to use fewer but 'better' picks.

As TAC cup and other junior footy comps Haven’t been played, great chance for a Really decent pick in the 20s this year, as who knows what changes have occurred in kids while out of sight! Maybe even into the 40s might get lucky.

Did we get Rivers around 30 last year!

Would definitely put more value on later picks this year!

6 minutes ago, D4Life said:

As TAC cup and other junior footy comps Haven’t been played, great chance for a Really decent pick in the 20s this year, as who knows what changes have occurred in kids while out of sight! Maybe even into the 40s might get lucky.

Did we get Rivers around 30 last year!

Would definitely put more value on later picks this year!

Could not agree more with so little exposed form I would not be trying to get high inside 20 but moreso looking to get 4-5 picks in the 25-50 range. 

• Like 2