Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Time to have a talk about Jayden

Diamond_Jim

I think they tried to turn a fast rebounding half back into an opportunist forward.  It worked on occasion but should never have been the permanent switch.  Hunt can still play a key role for us with his pace. Often we bemoan our lack of pace and we corner this bloke in the forward pocket. 

I would definitely like to see him return to a half back or wing role. He was a fast rebounding defender. His 2016 and 2017 years were excellent.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He had 5 disposals on the weekend and 0 tackles. I'd be very shocked if he was playing this week.

Hopefully Harmes is right to go, as he will hopefully take his spot.

Also one (clever, snapped, classic opportunist) goal and one goal assist.

We don't have many who can kick those half-chance goals but Hunt can. It's interesting given how much of his career was spent in defence that he averages 0.5 goals a game. Not a lot but much better than Kozzie (who I expect will start to find the goals soon), and similar to Spargo who runs about 0.7 goals a game right now.

The truth is that small forwards don't see a lot of it as a rule. They call their place "starvation corner" for a reason. Eddie Betts and the Wizard are exceptions - most small forwards work very hard for not so much. 

I'd be sorry to see him go. I agree that the way we defend now has done away with the mad runs off half back (sea Frosty!) that Hunt used to provide, but I see a role for him on the wing and half forward. I'd prefer he stayed.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I think they tried to turn a fast rebounding half back into an opportunist forward.  It worked on occasion but should never have been the permanent switch.  Hunt can still play a key role for us with his pace. Often we bemoan our lack of pace and we corner this bloke in the forward pocket. 

I would definitely like to see him return to a half back or wing role. He was a fast rebounding defender. His 2016 and 2017 years were excellent.  

Too right spirit another failed Goodwin experiment. this guy should be at his peak now

Its not rocket science to  play to the players' strengths 

If you dont you end up with a disenchanted underperforming team

Gee I wish we had a better coach

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He had 5 disposals on the weekend and 0 tackles. I'd be very shocked if he was playing this week.

Hopefully Harmes is right to go, as he will hopefully take his spot.

Do you think that the reason he had no tackles was because he was making position for the pass from upfield and therefore trying to get away from his defender, rather than tagging him? Then on the miskick, if the defender got it, he may not have been right next to him to lay the tackle.

I also would love to see him go back to the hbf or wing, where he can run straight at the ball and take off when he gets it, instead of being hemmed in the fp.

He may not be a natural small forward, but he sure as hell was a good running back, who could set up a goal, or kick the odd one himself. He was a linebreaker and we have tried to turn him into a small forward. 

• Thanks 1

All the alternate opinions on Jadyen, bring to mind the notion of a broader question.

'How much time do you give to a footballer in the system to be developed, before it's decided that what he has to offer does not work for whatever role you give him within your team structure?'

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:19 PM, Better days ahead said:

Highlights reels always look great. Even Cale Morton looks good in his highlights reel.

Tank not big enough to play wing. Suspect defensively. Explosive burst of speed, can take a grab and not a bad kick for goal. I think he is good enough to cement a forward spot. Keep for mine.

Nah, This is Cale Morton's best highlight reel and most fitting.

Hunt has some attributes to be good player, but as others have mentioned, lacks the natural footy nous to be a great player. Needs a role, whether it be us or another club and he can be of value IMO. I'd like to think he could become a bit of a Tom Lynch from Adelaide type? He is good overhead and has good pace, just needs to learn running patterns on where to get to to and a tank and he could be very valuable? He probably lacks that nous to be as effective as Lynch when he was at his best, but he could still be an important contributor.

• Like 1

I think he can also take goal kicking instruction next season! Very good on set shots, snaps out of packs and on the run. Very good today. 

• Like 8

Finished fifth in our goalkicking from 6 games. I think he adds something to our side, can be dangerous with his speed and has a good leg. I don’t recall anyone other than Tracc kicking 4 in a game this year either. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

We have really cruelled Jayden this year.  My feeling was that he didn't do that much wrong in the games he was dropped and then we didn't give him a look in for weeks and weeks even though our forward line wasn't functioning that well.  He must be very jealous of all the opportunities that Kossie has been given this year for some pretty mega performances at times.

Hunt was one of our best goal kickers last season in a dog of a year and he has been one of our most dangerous again this year in the games he's played.  Doesn't shirk the hard stuff, takes a good mark and is one of our better kicks for goal.  For all his courage and skill, Fritsch's goal kicking from set shots this year has been putrid.

We would have rocks in our head not to do what we can to retain Hunt.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:48 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

He’s a player that could easily slip out of the afl quietly 

Disposal is erratic, doesn’t run hard enough both ways, a bit of a liability down back and too much of a non-entity as a forward, and clearly doesn’t have the fitness and running capacity to gut run like Langdon on the wing

What did you think of his game today?

• Like 5

The only accomplished goal kicker in the side for both set shot and open play. Like to see him get more of the ball. I don’t believe the club managed him well after that horrible hit a few years ago against Adelaide that sent him in limbo. Looks like he’s starting to settle back again. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

The only accomplished goal kicker in the side for both set shot and open play. Like to see him get more of the ball. I don’t believe the club managed him well after that horrible hit a few years ago against Adelaide that sent him in limbo. Looks like he’s starting to settle again. 

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

The only accomplished goal kicker in the side for both set shot and open play. Like to see him get more of the ball. I don’t believe the club managed him well after that horrible hit a few years ago against Adelaide that sent him in limbo. Looks like he’s starting to settle again. 

And Goodwin has seemed to want to destroy his career playing out of position

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, america de cali said:

The only accomplished goal kicker in the side for both set shot and open play. Like to see him get more of the ball. I don’t believe the club managed him well after that horrible hit a few years ago against Adelaide that sent him in limbo. Looks like he’s starting to settle back again. 

I agree with your sentiments Re Hunt, but I'd also say that Trac is pretty accomplished kick for goal in general play and set shots.   Love that one he slotted from 50 out on the boundary today when the game was up for grabs in the second quarter and that snap from 50m out on the run against GWS was quite something as well.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3

I have to admit I'd completely forgotten just how much range he can cover with his set shots.  Which is an odd thing to forget because he's delivered some true beauties.

Still has a question mark on him but he's certainly a complex opponent for defenders to match up on.

People seem obsessed by his half-back-flank 'destiny' but if that's the way we want things we would still have Frost.

17 minutes ago, deebug said:

We need him kicking goals, because he can run, i think he is wasted down back, let him float near the forward line where he can play his best footy.

Can you please advise our [censored] coach

• Like 1