Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Zebras v Willi - the only game in town

Beach Road Bazza

The only game in town this weekend is the clash of traditional rivals - Sandringham and Williamstown at Trevor Barker Oval on Sunday. There is only ONE game and no reserves match as AFL listed players can only take part after receiving special permission - generally for players returning from injury.

The big name back is Colin Sylvia which Isaac Weetra and Matthew Warnock return from injury. Clint Bartram is expected to play three quarters this week on his long road to recovery from an ankle injury.

The match begins at 2.00pm.

Admission Prices

Adults: $5.00

Concession: $3.00

Visiting Members: $3.00

Sandringham and Melbourne Members: free admission on production of membership card.

Thanks again to the SFC for making available the following Team Lists for Sunday's games:

SENIORS - 25th March 2007 2.00pm

SANDRINGHAM

1. Kenton Hall

2. Tom Paterakis

3. Shane Valenti

4. Andrew Biddlecombe

5. Sam Monaghan

6. Peter Summers

8. Rod Crowe

11. Ewen Mckenzie

13. Jake Williams

14. Clint Bartram

15. Stefan Martin

17. David Gallagher

18. Rennie Gilchrist

19. Chris Lamb

21. Peter McGettigan

22. Daniel Gribbin

31. Marc Johnston

33. Chad Liddell

36. Tomi Johnston

37. Matthew Warnock

47. Shane Tregear

48. Phillip Zarra

51. Thomas Dean

72. Daniel Collyer

73. Colin Sylvia

74. Isaac Weetra

WILLIAMSTOWN

1. Patrick Rose

3. Steven Greene

5. Clinton Proctor

6. Andrew Williams

9. Kane McKenzie

10. Brett Johnson

11. Anthony Chiu

14. Ryan Crawford

21. Tom Langlands

24. Cameron Lockwood

25. Scott Meyer

26. Murray Boyd

27. David Stretton

35. Brant Dickson

38. Tyson Goldsack

39. James Beaumont

43. Martin Clarke

45. Brent Macaffer

46. Conor Dullard

47. Mitchell Keddell

49. Matthew Grossman

52. Nick Roberts

54. Matthew Miller

56. Jacob Gotch

60. Michael Kennedy

63. Byron Bonner

69. Tim Jenkins

70. Sam Toulmin

73. Paul Medhurst

AFL listed players in bold.

Anyone know the parentage of Williamstown's Dullard ?

His namesake was a talented Demon of the 80's - possibly his father ?

Great to see THE KID SYLVIA is back in!!

What happened to all the experts on this forum that said he wouldnt be back for another 8 weeks?

What happened to all the experts on this forum that said he wouldnt be back for another 8 weeks?

He probably won't.

Sunday will be the first day of pre-season for him. He has a lot of work to do until his fitness is up to scratch. Besides, we need to see how he pulls up.

I agree though, it is better than expected news that he's playing.

No Ezra? He injured or something???

Last week Ezra went off at half time with an injury.

According to the Herald Sun permission was given for Bartram, Holland, McLean, Pickett, Sylvia, Warnock, Weetra and Wheatley to all play for Sandy and for Didak, Goldsack, Holland and Medhurst to play for Willie.

Here is the full list of players allowed to take part:-

From the Football Victoria website:

Northern Bullants/Carlton - Jordan Bannister, Clinton Benjamin, Adam Hartlett, Dylan McLaren, Simon Wiggins.

Williamstown/Collingwood -Alan Didak, Tyson Goldsack, Brodie Holland, Paul Medhurst.

North Ballarat/Tasmania/Kangaroos - Todd Goldstein, Blake Grima, David Hale, Ed Lower, Scott McMahon, Brady Rawlings, Ben Ross, Jesse. W Smith, Callum Urch, Ben Warren.

Sandringham/Melbourne - Clint Bartram, Ben Holland, Brock McLean, Byron Pickett, Col Sylvia, Matthew Warnock, Isaac Weetra, Paul Wheatley.

Coburg Tigers/Richmond - Travis Casserly, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Will Thursfield.

Casey Scorpions/St Kilda - Leigh Fisher Sam Gilbert, Lenny Hayes, Max Hudghton, Justin Koschitzke, Matthew Maquire, Andrew Thompson, Brett Voss.

Werribee/Western Bulldogs - Luke Darcy, Ryan Griffen, Brian Harris, Robert Murphy, Paul O’Shea, Brennan Stack, Peter Street, Stephen Tiller, Tim Walsh, Tom Williams.

* Rookie players do not require permission to play.

Left midway through the third - Sandy infront by 15 points

Sylvia playerd the first half only - played inside forward fifty - kicked three goals, took a couple of nice marks and his set shot goalkicking was superb. He needed the run as his best touch deserted him when he dropped a couple of marks he normally would have taken and fumbled a couple of times at ground level but, overall, he played well and got stuck in when needed.

Bartram played off half-back with spurts in the middle, probably had a dozen touches til midway through the third - his pace was a standout, broke away from traffic a couple of times very impressively, but against that he tried to do too much at times and got caught, kicking looks to have improved. A good but not great display.

Warnock was steady in defence, covering his man well and taking a couple of nice pack marks, but wasnt in the play that much.

Weetra didnt play.

Collingwood's only listed player to play was Medhurst who did a couple of nice things but was, by and large, well held and would have been a disappointment for Pie fans.

The kid will play at Sandy round 1, maybe round 2, but will play every game in the AFL (bar injury) for the rest of the year.

That would be fantastic and i pray to god (even tho i am not christanin) he does. If he were to play CHF pockett then that would allow Pickett to play forward pockett and davey wing.

Sandringham ran out comfortable winners by 28 points over Williamstown but the result was pretty meaningless as neither side was at anything like full strength with very few AFL listed players involved in the game.

Colin Sylvia looked his usual rock star self and booted three goals but he was, as mentioned above, pretty rusty and in need of a run. I expect, if he pulls up well after today's half game, that he'll follow the formula and play three quarters next week and at least one more game before he would be considered for an AFL game. He needs to do plenty of work and appeared to be blowing hard on a few occasions.

Clint Bartram was solid and got plenty of the ball but was not as outstanding as last week playing mainly off half back with a couple of runs through midfield. He was given three quarters this week and certainly shows a lot of promise for a kid who's only just turned 19. His disposal by hand and foot has improved a fair bit but he really tried to do too much at times and was penalised for that.

Matthew Warnock was workmanlike in defence for the first half and he was later moved forward where he struggled a bit in the windy conditions that suited defenders more than forwards.

With Sylvia off the ground the Zebra forward line looked a bit disorganised but then it had no Sautner or Poyas, Michael Newton wasn't eligible to play and Nick Smith has moved on. The Zebras kicked 11 behinds in a row before kicking their first goal for the second half midway through the final term.

Isaac Weetra didn't take his place on the ground after injuring his hamstring again at training on Friday - it's back to rehab for him for a few weeks at least. There were no appearances either from Ben Holland, Brock McLean, Byron Pickett and Paul Wheatley who had all earlier been cleared to play. Perhaps the 5 day break between today and Friday night's season opener played a role in the decision not to play them?

Peter Summers and Shane Valenti were the best of the regular Sandy players and Chad Liddell saw out the whole game for once. Chris Lamb was solid as usual in defence. A few of the younger Zebra players up from the Sandy Dragons look to have a bit of potential.

Collingwood's Joffa was in attendance to lend the Willi boys his support but his gold winners jacket failed to materialise and I believe a few Collingwood/Williamstown supporters were reported lost and wandering aimlessly down Hampton Street in search of the northern and western suburbs after the game.

Which reminds me, what do you get when you cross a magpie with a seagull?

Sandringham 6.4.40 9.7.61 9.12.66 14.19.103

Williamstown 4.1.25 8.2.50 9.6.60 11.9.75

Goals: Valenti 4, Sylvia 3, Biddlecombe, Collyer, Gribbin, M. Johnston, McKenzie, Paule, Summers

That would be fantastic and i pray to god (even tho i am not christanin) he does. If he were to play CHF pockett then that would allow Pickett to play forward pockett and davey wing.

Ah yes Pickett in the Pocket reminds me of the old Danny Kaye movie where the vessel with the pestle, not the flagon with the dragon, held the brew that was true.

THE KID IS BACK!!!!

This is amazing news!!

So much about the OP rumours hey?

We pretty much have our whole list up and running, I can now say I am GENUINELY EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEASON!! Especially Sylvia!!!

The kid will play at Sandy round 1, maybe round 2, but will play every game in the AFL (bar injury) for the rest of the year.

Naaah. He looked WELL short of a run to me. 4 weeks at least, and then you have to be sure the OP is gone before you can expect him to make a huge difference. Took Bell until the last 4 rounds to make an impact last year. MFC is a hard 22 to break into at the moment, even for Sylvia. That's my thoughts anyway.

So much about the OP rumours hey?

We pretty much have our whole list up and running,

OP was still a huge factor today I thought. He didn't get out of 2nd gear when I watched. Pace is a strength fo him, and even though he wasn't able to use it, he got in the guts and had an impact by just being talented and strong. He's always been pretty darn good at VFL level. And we don't have our whole list up and running do we? Dunn and Frawley were on the cusp weren't they?

I won't add to others' comments really. Sylvia looked like an underdone champion today. Had impact and was good, but was a fair way off his best. Warnock is pretty quick, and took a few strong marks and kicked pretty well for a guy who isn't supposed to be able to, but he wasn't really among the best. Is a bit mistake prone. Bartram wasn't quite as sparkling as last week, but was still a cut above. He was pinged for taking guys on, and while I encourage a bit of confidence, he was doing it a little bit too much on the day. But that's ok, when he plays that well he can do a few bad things.

Pretty heated match really, but there weren't too many AFL players as suggested. On the day I saw Williams walking around and Belly, CJ, Weetra and Bode looked like they were there to see Col play. Then again, Belly and CJ just live down the road, so that's to be expected.

Lovely day for it, but besides seeing Sylvia I didn't get much out of the game. I'm sick of praccy matches.

Oh, and Valenti is a gun. Love watching him play footy. He's little, but a rookie spot would have gone further for him than it would have for Hayes at this stage.

Ah yes Pickett in the Pocket reminds me of the old Danny Kaye movie where the vessel with the pestle, not the flagon with the dragon, held the brew that was true.

One of my favourite movies but...

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.

But then someone broke the vessel, so the pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

:lol:

Thanks for the even handed account Dappa, much appreciated. BTW, take note of how a considered post can be written without wetting your pants Yze Magic. Enough of the hysteria.

Heaven forbid I am excited 5 days before the season starts

:rolleyes:

Which reminds me, what do you get when you cross a magpie with a seagull?

Dunno - you posed the question.

Answer??