Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs Sydney

Demonland

I’ve said it a couple of times already but the very first passage of play rang alarms bells for me.

Petracca, one of the best form players in the AFL has a free kick in the middle of the ground, kicking with a strong wind.

If he goes back and kicks it he can put the ball about 30 metres out from our goal.

Instead, he handpasses backwards and to his right to Salem, a known left-footer.

Salem who inexplicably was calling for the ball while running past Petracca’s right side was therefore forced to kick on his right side.

The ball was turned over and Sydney soon after kicked their first goal.

• Like 22

Bring back Vanders, Hannan, and Kossi back for speed  get rid of Wagner,  ANB and  J Smith forever. What are you thinking GOODY ? FFS.

LOVE Jonesy  BUT HE IS  INJURED AND FINISHED.    I am gutted.

• Like 3

Absolutely gutting, every game this year where we have a goalless quarter, we lose. They have a mental lapse and switch off and it’s all over. 

why can’t we beat Sydney, just what the heck is going on. I mean we have the best ruckman and midfield in the comp and we lose the centre clearances every week. 

I can’t blame Goodwin for that one, Langdon should kick a goal from 15m out. This is why we are never taken seriously, because we are given the chance to stand up and never do, we always lose the games that we should win especially in a context like this. I am shattered. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Apart from the Covid numbers not going down fast enough (really, who the hell is getting this thing now? I can’t see how you can possibly contract anything under stage 4, and haven’t the health settings got their sh*t together yet to protect their workers?) and my Dees confirming their position as the AFL’s laughing stock, it’s been a great day.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Sure, the players were woeful.  But If there's one thing I know, it's that Goodwin can't get this team to play to their potential.

This.

The club keeps pumping up narratives about once we get to x amounts of games with this group blah, blah, blah.

Ultimately the coach has to create a winning system and inspire the players to deliver it. 4 seasons in and Goodwin is below expectations, and has had a very good run at it this year with injuries.

I hope Glenn Bartlett is watching.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

So I'm starting this before the end of the game, as I'm so angry and disappointed and let down that I need to write something down to get it off my chest.  

That game was lost from the moment Salem was pinged for holding the ball in the first five seconds.  We played lazy, selfish, arrogant football and we were taught a football lesson by a team that has been distinctly average all season.  They came in with a plan - to get a man behind the ball to either pick off the long kick, or to help with mopping up when it hits ground level.  They did it all night.  Have a think about how many times we crumbed a goal, or truly put some forward pressure on?  It was rare, at best.

We also lost this at selection.  Losing Hibberd hurt, and you could understand the reasoning behind Hannan and AVB going out, but the ins made no sense.  Joel Smith?  Yeah, he was okay in patches, but we know he doesn't work down there.  And what about Oscar.  Sheesh.  I hate to be that supporter, but this bloke can't play another senior game for us.  He was God awful.  But that's on Goodwin - why is he playing him?  What has Lockhart done to be dropped and left in the wilderness?  And as above - what of our forward pressure?  I thought Spargo did okay here and there, but others like Fritta, Melksham (outside of some good kicks in the first term), ANB etc provided little to no pressure and they did as they pleased.

But the concern, again, is through the midfield.  We are a contested ball winning, clearance team... and we were getting beat by one of the worst clearance sides in the comp.  What is going on here?  We are built for that sort of footy, yet we can't get our hands on it enough.  

We can't even use the 'tired' excuse - the Swans were coming off the same break, they made less changes and looked far fresher than us.  They hounded us, got numbers around the ball and we looked helpless to do anything about it.  

But I'm hurting after that.  Not just from the result, but from getting my hopes up yet again.  This is just the sort of game we lose, but I thought to myself that surely we have matured since then.  I couldn't have been more wrong.

And he has been a warrior for us, but Nathan Jones summed up our effort tonight in the second term.  With a chance of turning the momentum a little with a shot on goal, he lazily turns and kicks on his left, straight into the bloke on the mark.  Just unforgivable.  He is a wonderful Melbourne man, but he should never play for us again.  Stuff the 300.  We can't have experienced players in the side setting that sort of example.  It's just not on.

Lastly - because I need to say something positive - Ed Langdon is a ripper.  Yeah, he missed a few shots on goal, but his two way running and effort is something that all our players should watch.

If I could, I've give everyone here a hug.  I can't, so I'll send an e-hug instead.

This says it all. One of the more optimistic people here at a total loss. Can't fault anything you said really. Definitely feel the same way.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Sure, the players were woeful.  But If there's one thing I know, it's that Goodwin can't get this team to play to their potential.

We look like a rabble, against a team that would actually be better served losing right now.

Next coach please.

Agree on Goodwin. I genuinely think if he thinks our team are better he goes into the game with "the back our boys in " " play our way" gameplan and does not put in any work on how to stop the opposition or how we go about beating them. The one thing he did was bring in Smith (who did ok) to stop papley that was it. The "play our way game plan" unfortunately involves all the midfielders is going for the same ball ,defenders and forwards flying for the same ball and playing dumb frenetic football which leads to poor skills. when we go in with a game plan and respect the opposition we tend to go ok

Edited by Bates Mate
  • Like 1

When finals are on the line...

2016 - lose to lowly Carlton with Dylan Buckley kicking 3 goals.

2017 - lose to lowly Collingwood.

2020 - lose to lowly Sydney with Justin [censored] McInerney (WHO?!??!?!)  tearing us a new one.

We are an embarrassment of a football club.

• Like 14

I've had it with Oscar McDonald's pathetic performances. Surely there is someone else on our list who will put in more effort and intent. Cant believe Goodwin thought it was a good idea to put him forward for part of today.

Omac missses a mark or tackle

*trudge trudge trudge*

Omac gently extends arm to opposition

*trudge trudge trudge*

Opposition either:
A) fumbles the ball

*Omac runs over it and falls over*

B) passes it to a team mate nearby

*Omac initiates turning circle of a truck, misses the player and slowly jogs it out over the boundary*

*feigns exhausted face, head down, trudge trudge trudge*

Me on couch with head in hands: "ffs
Oscar..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The missed shots by many were a joke but Langdon & Gawn sum up the state of were the club is ..  not sure if the scheduling flying back after the saints game @ 3am plus only a 5 day break & not sure what time they landed in cairns but looked like they were still in the saints game! Never surprises me this club that they just can’t sustain the intensity on winning multiple games & lose to teams below them 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3183 Dee said:

Watch the rest of the season fall away meekly now. In fact, no - watch us get up and beat Freo, scrape past GWS and lose to the Bombers. Repeat ad nauseum.

I really have no explanation for these performances. We will most likely miss finals now, and deservedly so. Big problem for the club is: how do you sell hope for next year on the back of that crap?

This is exactly what will happen 

• Like 2

If.  They can pretend to Coach and the players pretend to care and play. 

I can pretend to care about the MFC. 

I think Goodwin has taken the team as far as he is capable.  Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Whats with this? We get a 7am flight and they have been encamped there since Monday? And which of the two teams was looking at finals??

Seriously.....do we even think of this stuff. Friggin over it. Dont even give ourselves half a chance.

AFL made us wait for Freo to travel to save $$$. Oh  and wreck our season.

• Angry 2

I keep telling the youngsters never to let this club build your hopes up. We are predictably soft when it counts.

Clubs that lack a killer instinct or pick and choose when to go hard don't win flags. We've been doing exactly that for 56 years with no sign of change.

How many lessons must this club give you?

• Like 3

.. and once again, our next game after a shocking loss is against another rabble team, which if we win will prove nothing but get our hopes up again ... until we get pumped by GWS or Bombers or both.

What a wasted opportunity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, No Plan B said:

When finals are on the line...

2016 - lose to lowly Carlton with Dylan Buckley kicking 3 goals.

2017 - lose to lowly Collingwood.

2020 - lose to lowly Sydney with Justin [censored] McInerney (WHO?!??!?!)  tearing us a new one.

We are an embarrassment of a football club.

Justin “Kent Kingsley” McInerney.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

This says it all. One of the more optimistic people here at a total loss. Can't fault anything you said really. Definitely feel the same way.

I was willing to believe the Port game where we got smashed was the outlier, and that we even rectified our errors from the Dogs game against the Saints last week.

But this one is beyond me.  Insipid doesn't even do it justice.

Really hurting after that.

• Like 6