Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

3 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

We just beat a top 4 contender with about 8 passengers.

That could define our season.

Very Happy to take win but!! Some Horrible footy and some players were very ordinary !!

But win is a win!!

More tomorrow!

Edited by picket fence

For someone who thinks we're all just shining balls of inner-light and can't handle the notion of actual human biology: I feel super-sorry for Jack Viney. Will be the most talked about act of defecation for the week in Australia, even during a global pandemic known for causing the runs. I would be absolutely mortified if there was ever a press release about some [censored] I took. 

Edited by Skuit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Skuit said:

For someone who thinks we're all just shining balls of inner-light and can't handle the notion of actual human biology: I feel super-sorry for Jack Viney. Will be the most talked about act of defecation for the week in Australia, even during a global pandemic known for causing the runs. I would be absolutely mortified if there was ever a press release about some [censored] I took. 

Yes, he needs some sympathy. I know how he feels. When you gotta go, you gotta go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Anyone else watch the boys walk into the rooms and notice Viney in a seemingly filthy mood. He lead the team into the room, walking alone and ahead of Max, the camera then shows him exiting the rooms before the song and he never returned. He did not join in the song. Very odd behaviour ... concerning. 

He did have a pretty crap game.  Only nine disposals is way below par for him. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

His work rate is through the roof. His efforts to help out our defender but to thrn be an extra option up field is phenomenal work rate.

If some of our forwards ran like  Langers They would find the ball a lot more.

How  many of them were front and square Today?

That said most did something even 1% ers  to contribute.

Great  to see some beating on the stats AND still get up and win. Really IF entries were the biggest discrepancy and I feel we were slightly more direct over the whole game.

Fir once we looked a tad more dangerous up forward jus think  how good if we ever get all forwards working as Hard as our magnificent backline played today.

Maysie best game ever for us Trac another level up forward today and Langers a trooper who gets better disposal each week now.

Very honourable mentions to Clarry ( last 1/4 especially) Maxy Salo ( kept Butler quiet I think) Jack on Steele 2nd half plus Rivers ( rarely makes a mistake fir a kid) Tommo very reliable under pressure today and Jake who clearly is nearing his best form again and Weid who is one of the Four form AFL forwards averaging 2 goals or above for a game.

Promising and should play next week Smith,  (Hibbo   I would rest him ) Hannan I thought he linked up ok but need goals from him. Not sure we need Oscar vs Sydney for height. Wags not worst and didn't make errors. Angus not best but handy seemed to slip a bit and fall .

Manage or drop Kossie AVB Spargs ???

Return  Fritta Bennell? Bedford? Tommy ( not this game) 

Coaching  one of our best efforts by Goody ( and Richo no doubt) but selection a dogs breakfast really.

ONE OF GOODYS BEST WINS considering the pressure and importance of the game.Definitely in his best five wins fir the Club I feel. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greendale said:

Take out one bad quarter against the dogs, and I think our defensive system has been excellent for the past 5 weeks. Something really needs to change with our stoppage work though, especially at centre bounces. Feels like we are consistently hitting the ball down the opposition's throat, and when we give up the centre clearance it's tough to properly set up our defensive zone. If we could get back to somewhere near our 2018 contested work I think we could actually be a threat come finals. 

Also I just want to mention Jack Steele who was a collosus tonight. Almost singlehandedly got the Saints over the line.

Thought Jack quietened Steele in the second half and contributed to our win along with Clarry showing his class in the last quarter as well. Many others did valuable 1%ers in the last quarter even though they were not major contributors all day.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Pretty tough to not give Goody at least a big part of the credit for that win. Had a plan that worked. Luckily it wasn't really challenged and he didn't have to adjust during the game, but he showed his talent as a coach tonight.

These 'response wins' are our standard practice though, so it's hard to be convinced until we see the team bring a plan, effective changes to the plan when needed, effort and understanding consistently.

I was 100% one of the doomsayers before the game, so I'll take my whack for that.

Ditto Bravo Goody ( and Richo) and the players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pinkshark said:

yes I had the same feelings regarding his comments.  He cares so much for us.  Fantastic.

May's post match words were great as well.  He seems like a great bloke.  As well as an awesome player.  

Tough tough win.

I'm absolutely no fan of Oscar McD.  I think he is absolutely terrible.  He's the slowest reacting footballer Ive ever seen play.  Boggles my mind.

Rivers should be in each and every week.  Just a very good young footballer.  So play him and he'll be a bloody star.  Its friggin obvious isn't it?

Lockhart should join him (Riv) with Salo Maysie Tommo and Jake as starting defence 6 plus Wags deserves spot in 22. 

48 minutes ago, 58er said:

If some of our forwards ran like  Langers They would find the ball a lot more.

How  many of them were front and square Today?

That said most did something even 1% ers  to contribute.

Great  to see some beating on the stats AND still get up and win. Really IF entries were the biggest discrepancy and I feel we were slightly more direct over the whole game.

Fir once we looked a tad more dangerous up forward jus think  how good if we ever get all forwards working as Hard as our magnificent backline played today.

Maysie best game ever for us Trac another level up forward today and Langers a trooper who gets better disposal each week now.

Very honourable mentions to Clarry ( last 1/4 especially) Maxy Salo ( kept Butler quiet I think) Jack on Steele 2nd half plus Rivers ( rarely makes a mistake fir a kid) Tommo very reliable under pressure today and Jake who clearly is nearing his best form again and Weid who is one of the Four form AFL forwards averaging 2 goals or above for a game.

Promising and should play next week Smith,  (Hibbo   I would rest him ) Hannan I thought he linked up ok but need goals from him. Not sure we need Oscar vs Sydney for height. Wags not worst and didn't make errors. Angus not best but handy seemed to slip a bit and fall .

Manage or drop Kossie AVB Spargs ???

Return  Fritta Bennell? Bedford? Tommy ( not this game) 

Coaching  one of our best efforts by Goody ( and Richo no doubt) but selection a dogs breakfast really.

ONE OF GOODYS BEST WINS considering the pressure and importance of the game.Definitely in his best five wins fir the Club I feel. 

Forgot Lockhart who should return in place of resting Hibbo.

4 hours ago, FireInTheBennelly said:

I can see Rivers becoming an absolute star of the competition. He can defend and use it very well.

But the thing that stands out for me, and goes way back even to pre-season games. The now 5 game veteran has made some kicking errors, but in no way shape or form does he let that get in his head. He'll turn around and go in just as hard, and again bite off another hard kick, this time to perfection.

Can't remember which preseason game it was. He kicked a howler. Next kick, within a minute, pinpoint perfection.

Got ourselves a goodun

Ditto Repeato FITB  Riv will be a 
200 gamer and will be in our 2000 plus Team of the Century and rate like our greats Williams Anderson Thorogood And Brett Lovett.
 Joy to watch !!!.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ding said:

Saints recruiters would be feeling a bit flat about that draft you would think.

There would be lucky if anyone of them are still at the Club  now given their turnover (Lethlean etc) and Covid delisting (sackings) 

5 hours ago, Dr.D said:

am I the only one that thinks Viney tries to take on the tackle wayyyyy too much ? 

I basically have a coronary each time because he is a holding the ball waiting to happen.

The way he plays sometimes is almost like a rugby union player who picks up the knowing that he has to ride a tackle. Sometimes his bull like me tail it’s can be good but other times I’d actually like to see him use that strength to be creative. 

• Like 1

A shout out the backline, Rivers, May, Salem and Lever.. excellent as a unit. Strong in the contest and great ball use. 

Lucky to win with an average showing from the midfield. But the forwardline- what they hell!! Vanders, horrible. Melksham, horrible. Hannan, yuck! 

Need to find a better mix forward of the ball. Harmes, Fritter and Maybe Hunt, Baker or Bedford to come in. 

One thing worth a try is Preuss ruck, Max forward in replacement of Brown. 

8 hours ago, Vagg said:

Some funny vision was Spargo sitting on the bench and has a chat on the phone.  Was it to the Coach?  'Cos Goody was sitting right behind him (also on the phone).  LOL

Was he calling Dank or Robinson “any growth hormone left?” ?

8 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Did Goodwin make enough changes for everyone's liking? Or did he have nothing to do with the win? Just thought I'd check in with the 'sack Goodwin' mafia on here

Give him a tick this week  - how much did Richo’s knowledge of the Saints players and game help too. 

7 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Pretty tough to not give Goody at least a big part of the credit for that win. Had a plan that worked. Luckily it wasn't really challenged and he didn't have to adjust during the game, but he showed his talent as a coach tonight.

These 'response wins' are our standard practice though, so it's hard to be convinced until we see the team bring a plan, effective changes to the plan when needed, effort and understanding consistently.

I was 100% one of the doomsayers before the game, so I'll take my whack for that.

The crumbles into half time had me nearly not bothering with the second half but for some reason I stayed.  

Edited by monoccular