Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they're saying down at Lulie Street

Queanbeyan Demon

13 hours ago, gs77 said:

Love how he gets the knees up. Stopped just short of us seeing an AFL coach plant feet on the wall trying in vain to rip a railing apart on National TV. That would have been priceless!

Reminded me of some WWF Wrestler getting ready to go up to the top rope to deliver a huge forearm on some poor unfortunates Sternum!!

• Haha 2

On 8/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, dpositive said:

Oliver is the pinball wizard. Gets plenty of hard ball and loose ball with his quick reflexes. Doesn't always damage with his disposal and goes unnoticed coz he doesn't hold the ball long quick disposal his forte. Often the one two tree four links are lost at another point in the trail so not as damaging.  He also doesn't shepherd and jogs off the ball so can allow space for opponents.Nouestioning his work rate which is consistently forged in the boiler house but he gets no release with umpire protection so can fatigue  and be less effective.

Love him and when he is on we are a lot better. The coach should use him as a barometer. When he's good he's very good when he's off he should be taken off and rested.

That's the old or previous Clarry!

Now plays both inside and outside (like Trac) and kicks and handballs  with much precision and care now. It's not the no care and no responsibility Clarry any more.

Its very much the Trac like Clarry get ball and accelerate out and then carefully dispose of the ball to a teammate but mixes it up with his superb handball skills.

its all about maximising possessions for the team benefit now!

Still won't get as many Brownlow votes as Trac  probably, even though he has ginger hair!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Now plays both inside and outside (like Trac) and kicks and handballs  with much precision and care now. It's not the no care and no responsibility Clarry any more.

Its very much the Trac like Clarry get ball and accelerate out and then carefully dispose of the ball to a teammate but mixes it up with his superb handball skills.

Still won't get as many Brownlow votes as Trac  probably, even though he has ginger hair!!!

Yep and doesn't it improve results.

Hope the coach and other players reinforce this and continue to maintaining n the momentum to success.

His slight build compared to others is deceptive. He is a hard nut and strong enough to extract. 

I do think that his effort is outstanding although it sometimes seem to fatigue him which reduces his defensive work.

Needs to be managed with time in the engine room moderated.

Significant part of our mid field team strength.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dpositive said:

Yep and doesn't it improve results.

Hope the coach and other players reinforce this and continue to maintaining n the momentum to success.

His slight build compared to others is deceptive. He is a hard nut and strong enough to extract. 

I do think that his effort is outstanding although it sometimes seem to fatigue him which reduces his defensive work.

Needs to be managed with time in the engine room moderated.

Significant part of our mid field team strength.

True DP Very very Happy to watch another near decade of this midfield if they play like they are now. Plus Jacko!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

giphy (2).gif

i get his frustration

There were I think 4incidents if below the knees

The sidebottom one where we got the free. The Viney one where got the free, The Fritsch one at the top of the square in the last that wasn't paid. And another that I cant exactly recall where a free wasn't paid to us

The rule was brought in for that 'front on contact' sliding like Lyndsay Thomas and  Goodes used to do. That is the one that has potential to break the legs of an opponent

Diving on the ball when the ball is on dispute was never intended to be part of that but it has somehow crept in through mis-interpretation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 10:46 AM, dpositive said:

Oliver is the pinball wizard. Gets plenty of hard ball and loose ball with his quick reflexes. Doesn't always damage with his disposal and goes unnoticed coz he doesn't hold the ball long quick disposal his forte. Often the one two tree four links are lost at another point in the trail so not as damaging.  He also doesn't shepherd and jogs off the ball so can allow space for opponents.Nouestioning his work rate which is consistently forged in the boiler house but he gets no release with umpire protection so can fatigue  and be less effective.

Love him and when he is on we are a lot better. The coach should use him as a barometer. When he's good he's very good when he's off he should be taken off and rested.

Absolute rubbish post 

Olivers a star pure and simple, very few 23yo have done what he’s done

Sick of the armchair critics continually picking his game apart

In my opinion he’s better than Cripps& the Bont, but we’ll never hear that 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, 58er said:

It's another Burgess influence. Clarry was interviewed briefly after the Adelaide win and was asked something along the line of his improving performance and he said Burgo wanted him to take 5 quick steps if he received the ball and wasn't under immediate pressure. If you look at the last 3 games it's obvious that's what he is doing and it's allowing him to kick more. Simple but genius.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dworship said:

It's another Burgess influence. Clarry was interviewed briefly after the Adelaide win and was asked something along the line of his improving performance and he said Burgo wanted him to take 5 quick steps if he received the ball and wasn't under immediate pressure. If you look at the last 3 games it's obvious that's what he is doing and it's allowing him to kick more. Simple but genius.

Thanks DW thought Clarry May have seen Trac  now do it on ball and realised he could also as had gitness and training bade to do the same 

Yes Burgo that's a definite genius tip.

And our whole midfield has turned on it's head as we have 2 inside And outside bulls (Clarry and Trac) now plus much more rated outsider in Gus who likes time  and space To dispose.

Jack still ferocious and he also is much more composed and kicking beautifully. Did 2 or 3 beauties in front of me at the Gabba yesterday. He is steading like Hibbo and disposal is VIP now.

BTW I keep including young Jacko in our midfield as his ball gets after ruck work and 2nd and 3rd follow ups are elite.Rarely wastes a handball and Kicks on the run fine. Such a future has he Cant  wait till he plays 50 games wow how good!

Its all a half glass full let's hope it continues as We don't really know where this journey may take us!

Just win the next game each week and concentrate like that and our position will take care of itself.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 58er said:

May be they could bring back Weids Dad To mind Trac!!

It must stick in their guts he is playing for the red and blue. They had a couple of highlights from the first half on the news last night. One showing the Weid make a big grab and goal. Said to the magpie wife gee the grand son can play. No reply no further comment from but I was screaming with laughter inside.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, old dee said:

It must stick in their guts he is playing for the red and blue. They had a couple of highlights from the first half on the news last night. One showing the Weid make a big grab and goal. Said to the magpie wife gee the grand son can play. No reply no further comment from but I was screaming with laughter inside.

Wise and diplomatic, od!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

i get his frustration

There were I think 4incidents if below the knees

The sidebottom one where we got the free. The Viney one where got the free, The Fritsch one at the top of the square in the last that wasn't paid. And another that I cant exactly recall where a free wasn't paid to us

The rule was brought in for that 'front on contact' sliding like Lyndsay Thomas and  Goodes used to do. That is the one that has potential to break the legs of an opponent

Diving on the ball when the ball is on dispute was never intended to be part of that but it has somehow crept in through mis-interpretation. 

Yup, I can relate to that as well.

Regardless of how the rules are interpreted was nice to be on the favourable end of the umpiring decisions this week.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Billy said:

Absolute rubbish post 

Olivers a star pure and simple, very few 23yo have done what he’s done

Sick of the armchair critics continually picking his game apart

In my opinion he’s better than Cripps& the Bont, but we’ll never hear that 

Not sure why you say rubbish.

i agree with you that he is underrated, I think wizard reflects that. It's difficult to pick his game apart coz it is such high standard, usually fast and reactionary. I still reckon he gets no protection from the umpires, which shows how good he is. I said he works in the engine room and that is meant as a high compliment.

i did say he sometimes doesn't put on pressure but I acknowledge and maintain it is because he is often recovering from the high ntensity work he has done., and I only said that and all other comments as to why he is underrated by opposition supporters.

personally I don't care what opposition supporters say it's more important that we recognise he's a star and that our coaches look after him and use him well coz he is one of the significant part of the team that can have prolonged success for the next ten years. That's why your right mentioning his age.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, bingers said:

Point of order ... The filth headquarters/training facilities are in Olympic Boulevard, not Swan Street. 

But the filf fans didn't know what a boulevard is.  Street is much easier for them to say and even try to spell.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, Queanbeyan Demon said:

FWIW . . . 

• I trawl the different opposite forums, mostly looking for patterns and themes. Oliver was not mentioned in any of the fora this week that I can recall. 
  • Most fora degenerate into 'group think' and latch on to a weekly theme. Only natural and fully human to do that I think.
  • A significant percentage of supporters at most clubs dislike their coach, footy department, head recruiter, president/chair and the AFL.
  • I would say most opposition supporters that voice an opinion about the Deez, voice a negative one.
  • There is almost universal respect for Max. I think I can only remember one derogatory comment this year.   

fully human?  Not even partially on that forum.

Edited by monoccular
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

This has to be up there...

..."[censored] those Melbourne [censored]...
Checkers goes down & they're high fiving each other, go & get f@#4*d, you pillow biting s%*t infested c*&@s!"....

END

Soooo not happy then ?

good grasp of the queen’s English