Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

The Dees have definitely turned me away from football over the last 10 years and I think this could be it. Since I’ve been old enough to understand the game, this type of performance has always been lurking, often far too regularly.

I can’t support this [censored] any longer, it’s not a once a season thing, it’s a once a month affair. 

As @Leoncelli_36 has alluded to on numerous occasions, there must be some big issues behind the scenes. Even without any knowledge of what goes on inside the club, there’s clearly been issues with T-Mac for the past 2 years. Viney has been bringing plenty of rage and aggression, but it was not doing anything to help until the last week or two. Jones has been playing for himself almost his whole career, just a little bit of effort gets him a pat on the back when everyone around him has been putrid, it has to be over. 

I saw the behind the scenes snippet of Goody in the rooms from last weeks game, I am beginning to think he might be trying to ramp up his directness and frustration and the players have gone to water. The supporter group can see plenty of things that need addressing, so are they being addressed honestly, or are they just being ignored - I think it’s the latter.

The players don’t care if we win or lose, the club doesn’t care that the players don’t care and we continue going round in circles on this roller coaster from hell. Getting close to Brisbane seems to have been good enough. Someone needs to make a statement and it needs to be very big and very loud. I’m not sure anyone has the stones to do it right now.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Swimming Dee said:

I live in Perth and am about to drive 1300km North to camp on a beach with the family, fish off the beach and drink beer. I have no phone service and no tv. It is unfortunate that we still have radio service but think I’ll be avoiding listening to our games. Bloody excited about the holiday and distancing myself from footy.

We are a joke of club...and that is something that hurts me deeply to say

Did a similar thing in 2018, was an awesome 6 weeks, went as far as exmouth, dived with the whale sharks with my 3 and 5yo at the time and if I wasn’t locked down here in Melbourne would do it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy ? 

PS don’t get bogged in the sand at lucky Bay like I did.

1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

I'm considering reporting you to the delusional police Leon for upsetting so many happy clappers tonight.  Truthful or not, Deesgracefull summary indeed!  Their leader will be crying in his beard and may need a good wad of this to ease his anxiety and anger, IF he doesn't have you on mute already..."Gandalf!?? ...Gandalf??  Ahhh there you are"...

stoned GIF

I don’t know what you are smoking, but it would probably help right now. We can keep our head in the sand and be convinced there are not internal issues, or begin to address them. The coach created the Viney v Jones issue post 2018, they are lingering, I can assure you. 

Jones also offsided many when he outed Jack Watts. I couldn’t care less if you want to believe it or not. It’s an issue

6 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

the Steven May interview post match was what I want to hear and I hope he gives it to a few behind closed doors. A lot of people begrudge his captaincy at GC, because he clashed with players. Yeah, because they were [censored] weak and he told them so. He drove high standards and the kids up there were more interested in the party scene on Caval Avenue. 

home truths need to be spoken this week. 

The May interview was the best effort of the night.

Refreshing to see a player genuinely angry and upset after a loss compared to the boring corporate drivel that we normally get from the players.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Right now, this is not a united club.  There are fractures within the playing group. Demonland always censor me when I try to post about them. Anyone pick up on Jones’ body language? Anyone ever seen Jones and Viney high five? Did Viney rally the troops at any stage tonight? Were Gus and Hogan two peas in a pod, cut from the same cloth? Is Tom McDonald horribly out of shape and does he crack the sads when his precious brother is on the outer? 

So, who is to blame? It’s the coach and Mahoney! They create the culture within a group. The Goodwin “I’m mates with everyone” approach is over. These blokes need a rocket and to sort their [censored] out and he ain’t the man to do it. Gawn is in a tough situation, because he is the big friendly giant who is a little like Goody, everyone’s mate. 

the Steven May interview post match was what I want to hear and I hope he gives it to a few behind closed doors. A lot of people begrudge his captaincy at GC, because he clashed with players. Yeah, because they were [censored] weak and he told them so. He drove high standards and the kids up there were more interested in the party scene on Caval Avenue. 

home truths need to be spoken this week. 

I totally agree with this post. The whole transition of captaincy has destabilised this club. Unless your in the inner sanctum  it speculation but you can’t have so many talented players and be this bad. Jones has been a great servant but he has been a part of 15 years of failure. He need to own that as a leader. Right or wrong he is associated with losing but could be a powerful force for agitation. Jones to me look like Turnbull got the boot and rather than hand the baton to Viney lobbied the troop to soft option in Gawn. I think we have a lot of precious players and a bull like Viney was pushed aside for Max. Don’t get me wrong Max is a great player but as a captain if you wanted the easy ride as a player Gawn would be your man. I would love Melbourne to conduct a secret culture survey I think it would uncover deep cracks. If you want to improve culture identify those who exemplify you’re values build around them and offload those who don’t no matter how good they are as players. If there are cracks being quarantined with COVID would surely be bringing it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

I don’t know what you are smoking, but it would probably help right now. We can keep our head in the sand and be convinced there are not internal issues, or begin to address them. The coach created the Viney v Jones issue post 2018, they are lingering, I can assure you. 

Jones also offsided many when he outed Jack Watts. I couldn’t care less if you want to believe it or not. It’s an issue

Maybe smoking too much Leon (me that is!).  Think you missed the gist of the gist.  Never mind.

If there's that many ructions and factions going on then this club is truly up the proverbial without a paddle.

Edited by Rusty Nails

6 hours ago, A F said:

I spent the breaks watching Simpsons season 9 as I couldn't bear to listen to the commentary, but I've just seen the article and accompanying video in the Herald Sun that has Gary rightly giving the club at a whack at half time. It also has Jonathan Brown's comments about Round 1 2019 and that the players wanted to show something, instead Brown said we served up 'crap'. He's spot on and the blow torch needs to fire up. How could Melbourne players accept their vice captain last year being whacked repeatedly to the ground and roughed up without anyone flying the flag and then in the return game the following year, we don't come out amd hit them. We serve up arguably our worst performance since the 2018 prelim. It speaks to a worrying lack of leadership and that old soft under belly returning again. And I tell you what, there's no way a Clarkson side would let that happen.

I watched the post game review on Fox with Lyon and the boys and I loved Lyon's response. Genuine filthy and you can tell he wanted to run into the change rooms and five the boys a serve.

Lyon hit the nail on the head when they asked him what was so frustrating about supporting this club? And he simply said that for far too long supporters have been let time and time again, and the lack of success over the years has taken its toll.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Deefensive Language said:

Our back six - Lever, May, OMac, Hibbo, Lockhart, Harmes had 4 tackles between them.

Don't understand how that's possible from a backline in a professional highly paid sport?

I thought Lever wasnt bad. Took 7 marks.

But that tackle count is very bad.

At least the weekend won’t be wasted by having to watch Melbourne play. 

There’s always positives. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, —coach— said:

Did a similar thing in 2018, was an awesome 6 weeks, went as far as exmouth, dived with the whale sharks with my 3 and 5yo at the time and if I wasn’t locked down here in Melbourne would do it again in a heartbeat! Enjoy ? 

PS don’t get bogged in the sand at lucky Bay like I did.

Did this 10 years ago too. Drove from melb to cooktown with the wife and little ones and the bloody dog. I think we stopped at every maccas in Oz.

Kids got sick of looking at road kill and sugar cane but enjoyed the fishing and crocodiles.

Trips like those you never forget.

8 hours ago, My name is legion said:

What soul?

The soul of its supporters.

I for one will not renew my family's membership to watch this team, I don't blame the players I blame who teaches them and its not so much as skills and game plan, it's more in-depth find what makes each player want to be the best they can every single game no matter the scoreboard 

• Like 1

Coming off a 4 day break, 2 changes was not enough and the ins were the wrong ones. We finally get the forward line working and go and break it again by going with too many talls. Rivers and Jordon should have played and I would have included Nibbler, if for nothing else the ability to spread from contests and provide an option.

There was a kick inside 50 early in the second quarter by either Salem or Fritta that TMac did not get within 5 metres of that Weid would have marked every time. TMac has no acceleration whatsoever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

How about he just gets going.  This is a great example of the partial reason we are crud.  The same olds just keep getting a game even when they serve up a dog's breakfast and the BS continues the next week.  Why should anyone perform when the coach continues to bring back his favs.

There is no venom with Goody.  Too pally pally with the players.  They have no fear of him and it shows.  Many played like they were on holiday last night.  Maybe plenty are in the hub.  Complete jokefest of a club at the moment.  Zero leadership from the top down to the FD and into the playing group (bar a select few trying their guts out).

8 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Right now, this is not a united club.  There are fractures within the playing group. Demonland always censor me when I try to post about them. Anyone pick up on Jones’ body language? Anyone ever seen Jones and Viney high five? Did Viney rally the troops at any stage tonight? Were Gus and Hogan two peas in a pod, cut from the same cloth? Is Tom McDonald horribly out of shape and does he crack the sads when his precious brother is on the outer? 

Probably because you're just assuming there are fractures.

No doubt that last night was the worst we have played in a very, very long time, and there were some concerning aspects of our overall play, but you're just making assumptions here.  No idea why that may be censored by the mods, but everything you wrote above is nothing more than conjecture.

What a gutless, skill-less, soulless performance by a group of supposedly professional sportspeople. This club continues its unparalleled streak of treating its supporters with contempt.

This is 100% on the playing group, but Goodwin's decision to mess with both his forward line structure and his midfield combination off a four day break against the top side is number one on a very long list of bone-headed coaching decisions he has made in the past 18 months.

Sparrow tried hard and was far from the worst, but had no impact at centre bounces, was flogged by Boak around the ground and kept Petracca out of the middle. Surely Harmes or Brayshaw should have been given the extra midfield time, not a third gamer.

As for the forward line, what an absolute disaster. Three tall forwards and Port took uncontested marks all night in our 50. Surely one of Weideman or McDonald could have at least run through a defender at some point, rather than meekly submitting.

5 players combined for 25 tackles, the other 17 for 17 tackles between them. I'm so sick of players like Melksham prancing around like they are the sh*t when they get a cheap goal, but who refuse to go when it is their turn. Hannan and Fritsch are just as bad.

Salem and Oliver had over twenty possessions each for less than 200 metres gained. Oliver's kicking is abysmal. Salem epitomises everything that is bad about this team - slow down the ball with cheap 20 metre kicks sideways, give off hospital handballs to avoid taking contact, act tough after the event. Viney is a dumb footballer. Harmes is in career worst form and Brayshaw can't get near it.

Pickett is never in the right spots, has no goal sense and is undisciplined. Jackson is an athlete masquerading as a footballer - terrible draft pick. Meanwhile Port draft genuine footballers who understand the game, make good decisions and use the ball well. They won't have great highlight reels, but they'll have much better careers.

You can pretty much guarantee we'll drop at least one of the Adelaide and North games now - that performance will have destroyed any confidence in the group. Another season wasted, with no prospect of adding decent talent at year end.

• Like 5

last night was pathetic.  cant deny it. like most long serving supporters and members I have never been flatter (other than 2018, and 2007-14, and most of the 70's and 80;s).  Lets hope it was just issues over the 4 day break and we do bounce back but this must be the line in the sand.

changes are required.  The TMac experiment as a forward is over - back to defense you go and Omac back to scratch matches.  Harmes needs a a rest and as much as we love Oliver in his inside work he just needs to be dropped and practicing his execution and kicking skills - deplorable.

Jones - we need to find a way to honour hius legacy to the club so we dont treat him like James Mc - but he should not be in the side.  Pickett will be a star, but he needs a rest and some work on skills.  

Changes for this week:

IN:  VdB, ANB, Bennell, Tomlinson, Rivers, Brown, Bedford, 

out: Harmes, OMac, Jones, Fritch, Pickett, Oliver, Jackson

Both Adelaide and Norf  would beat us on the effort put up last night.  Attitudes and mindsets need to change,   Why win in the ruck, if our players do not get the advantage. hit the pill somewhere else !

I do think Queensland is for holidays and all the staff, players and coaches   agree !

• Like 2

Going by some of the aerial shots in the first quarter it was evident Port did some really good homework on us during the short break. They set up really well behind the ball and we had no idea how to counter it. Made even easier by our predictable movement from the back. 

Their work rate to cover both sides of the ground from our exits was exceptional and it looked like none of our players wanted to take responsibility or risks to try an open up the game. The few times we managed to break it open our skills were woeful and the ball was bouncing back in a hurry. Some of our  shocking decision making and skill execution  had to be seen to be believed. 

We might have trained specifically for these shorter breaks EPL style but we were made to look like Norwich City. Very disappointing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

I wouldn’t be blaming Sparrow, the engine room of Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Petracca, and Harmes were next to useless as a group. 

I gotta say, all of them were being played in the wrong positions. Harmes is not a half back flanker! Our best midfield wasn’t playing together (in the mid) for most of the game.

25 minutes ago, Choko said:

Gosh... If we are 5-5 in 2 weeks with a game in hand, this forum will look a lot different!

If we aren't 5-5 in two weeks goody won't have a job. 

If we aren't 5-5 in two weeks this forum will go into complete meltdown. 

If we make it to 5-5 that isn't an achievement, that is a minimum expectation looking at the draw. 

No one will care if we are 5-5, but they certainly will if we aren't. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GCDee said:

If we aren't 5-5 in two weeks goody won't have a job. 

If we aren't 5-5 in two weeks this forum will go into complete meltdown. 

If we make it to 5-5 that isn't an achievement, that is a minimum expectation looking at the draw. 

No one will care if we are 5-5, but they certainly will if we aren't. 

They want sack the coach with another 2 years on his contract as no $$$  and covid has impacted on $$$ .Though maybe they need to the AFl to raise funds to pay him out & chase Ross Lyon 

• Like 1