Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

WERRIDEE

On 7/30/2020 at 10:22 PM, Docs Demons said:

Other than May, Max, Hibberd, Jack and Trac and a special mention to Lockhart you can take your pick

And Lever.

The rest are fair game.

If this team were stock you would unload it asap.

No mucking around by Goodwin, and enough last chances.

Brayshaw, Harmes, and T. McDonald,  have exhausted their previous good records and MUST be dropped.

Others like Fritsch, Weideman, Jackson, Pickett, Jones and O. McDonald still have some credits left , for various reasons, and should be given the benefit of the doubt for at least another week.

As Bartlett alluded to, it’s time for the club to stand up and show it cares, and only select players who give a crap!

• Like 2

Last year when at we where able to go to live games I noticed AVB constantly encouraging and praising players even though Viney was the Captain and hardly ever saw this from him. Have seen it from Bennell, all be it from the box

We are well and truely a mess on here.

I think Action my need to have a rest his body isn't quiet there yet should do a Weideman Apprenticeship, 

The one thing i truely don't understand is the acquisition of Tomlinson to play on a Wing, sure its a problem area for us but he's not suited to it.

I've mentioned this before along with others, why not throw him at CHF and try and clunk a few. He's not bad above his head and has a reasonable tank.

Really upset for H.Petty that he is not availible, he is the future CHF that lad.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 2

You'd think Vanders would be a straight swap for Jones. T-Mac would make way for Harley, trading height for mobility and speed up front. I wonder if it might also be a good week to rest Clarry and bring Gus inside for this game and replace young Sparrow with Tomlinson on the wing. 

• Like 2

After such a p!ss poor game last Thursday    There is every excuse for changing players position and personal    and  no one would criticise that,   just be prepared to do it during a game as well.   or try a Planet B,   i forgot there is no planet B

4 hours ago, joeboy said:

Brayshaw, Harmes, and T. McDonald,  have exhausted their previous good records and MUST be dropped.

Others like Fritsch, Weideman, Jackson, Pickett, Jones and O. McDonald still have some credits left , for various reasons, and should be given the benefit of the doubt for at least another week.

As Bartlett alluded to, it’s time for the club to stand up and show it cares, and only select players who give a crap!

Add Jones to that list of to be omitted.

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Jones is done. TMac is done

Put Brayshaw in the middle, Viney can move through the fwd line

And drop OMac, Salem, Harmes replacing them with muscle and pace - who are hungry for the game.

5 hours ago, joeboy said:

Surely Jones and Oscar don't have any credits left?

OUT: Fritsch, Brayshaw, Harmes, Jackson, Hannan

IN: Bennell, Tomlinson, Rivers, vandenBerg, ANB

Jackson fan, but he needs a week rest, you could possibly argue the same for Kozzy some time in the next game or two. 4 disposals, 4 hitouts and 0 tackles is a tired young player. Not TMac's fault the structure was all wrong, give him another game to show some form otherwise he's out indefinitely.

Hannan has had 0 impact for 2 games in a row. Fritsch not providing enough pressure and doing some dumb things, could argue Melksham has been the same, but his kicking for goal saves him.

Gus and Harmes out so we can try a more 'traditional' setup, hopefully our stubborn coach has started to learn we play better when he doesn't try to be too clever for his own good.

Tomlinson has hopefully had the tweak needed to bring greater physical intensity. ANB and vB for pressure. Bennell and Rivers for kicking.

• Like 1

Outs: Jones - TMac - Sparrow

Ins: Vanders - Tomlinson - Bennell 

Lever May Hibberd

Salem OMac Lockhart

Langdon Brayshaw Tomlinson 

Melksham Jackson Bennell

Pickett Weid Hannan

Gawn Viney Trac

Oliver Harmes Vanders Fritsch

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, cantstandyasam said:

I noticed every time Lockhart tried to kick the ball he'd kick low on  an angle and invariably got cut off by the opposition. 

On 7/31/2020 at 6:31 PM, Pates said:

I notice this as well, It's intriguing to see that technique. Works well to get the ball where you want quicker but I don't think he's got the efficiency to do that yet. 

Amazing to think that we are upset about someone kicking low and hard rather than up and under. He'll get there.

Still worried about our key forward set up. TMac appears done, Weid has been ok, just, and first year player in Jackson. So we are relying on Weid suddenly becoming Tom Hawkins or Jackson having a breakout game.

2 hours ago, deanox said:

Amazing to think that we are upset about someone kicking low and hard rather than up and under. He'll get there.

Not upset, but I would hope he’d be instructed to play within his limitation and honesty if he’s going to turn it over I’d prefer it be 50m down the line than 15m inside the corridor. 

I like him though and could even be the long term replacement for Nev we’re hoping for. 

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1

Its worth noting that the rest of the remaining players have finally joined the the rest of the crew.

I was a fan of some of Oskar Bakers work on the wing last year. Quick and agile and is a good kick also.

I would bite the bullet and bring him in if it meant that Jones or Brayshaw don't have to play on the wing every again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Its worth noting that the rest of the remaining players have finally joined the the rest of the crew.

I was a fan of some of Oskar Bakers work on the wing last year. Quick and agile and is a good kick also.

I would bite the bullet and bring him in if it meant that Jones or Brayshaw don't have to play on the wing every again.

I am a fan of Baker.   He is very fast and he likes to kick a goal too. Just what you love from a wingman.

Maybe he and Bedford could breathe some life into the team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, deanox said:

Low meaning it bearly cleared the opposition player who a couple of times actually got a hand to it, which meant it didn't go to one of our players as intended