Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they're saying down at Glenferrie Road

1 hour ago, Demon_spurs said:

I remember this dude awful exploitation by some Hawthorn lowlifes

Yes I remember this well too. Disgraceful behaviour by the interviewer to get this lad riled up for laughs. 

• Like 4

i like these comments:

• We were awful tonight, but Melbourne were sensational. When the game was there to be won, we couldn’t get our hands on the ball. There’s not much you can do in that situation, that was some of the best footy I’ve seen all year.
  • We got a few junk time stats when the pressure went completely off the game. We were flogged when it was there to be won.
  • Every time Melbourne got the ball they had absurd amounts of space and when we got it we had none. Because we just don’t run to create space. Scully for all his faults is the only one.

• Melbourne were very good today and are a better side than I thought.

for the most part they hate $cully and are frothing over will day

• Like 11

22 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I have serious concerns you quoted Justin Bieber..

this: 

"they call me will-A ("Tommy")
Stay so cool, I'm chilli
I done made that milli
On my way to that valet
Used to have a piggy bank, but now I got that bigger bank
Who who cares what the haters think
They hate on me 'cause we doing what they can't
I stay on that hustle, I flex that little muscle
Hate to bust your bubble
I'm on that other level
I'ma take it higher and high and high and higher
I stay and buy attire (ie Melbourne/ gws / Hawks jumpers)
Keeping burning like that fire..."   etc
Edited by bush demon
error in lyrics
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jontee said:

If memory serves me correct they will be saying

"That wasn't Hawthorn out there today"

Hopefully it's the new/improved Hawthorn that the rest of the competition has been waiting for.

It could (and I'm certainly hoping it is) a loooong way back for the Hawks.  I really do hope what we are seeing is the beginning of the end of anything like competitive team for Hawthorn.  I think that they have now been tipped over the precipice that their list of aging once great stars has been staring down for the past few years, combined with a policy of trading away top picks for ready made players at the expense of going to the draft for young tallent.

Asides from Gunston yesterday, I can't think of any of their older or mature players that actually contributed.

Actually feel a bit for Frosty, that he will now likely have endure a long list build for the third time in his career.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i like these comments:

• We were awful tonight, but Melbourne were sensational. When the game was there to be won, we couldn’t get our hands on the ball. There’s not much you can do in that situation, that was some of the best footy I’ve seen all year.
  • We got a few junk time stats when the pressure went completely off the game. We were flogged when it was there to be won.
  • Every time Melbourne got the ball they had absurd amounts of space and when we got it we had none. Because we just don’t run to create space. Scully for all his faults is the only one.

• Melbourne were very good today and are a better side than I thought.

for the most part they hate $cully and are frothing over will day

As MFC supporters, we have often bemoaned the lack of quality delivery into our forward line.  Whilst the Hawks did deliver it into their forward 50 a few times with good intent and precision, there were so many times they just kicked long around the boundry to Max Gawn or one of our other key backs who easily out marked them.  On a few occasions, they kick it straight to our backs who were floating loose in a paddock in Hawthorn's forward 50m.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear the Hawks supporters moaning about kicking to packs or kicking it straight to us.  It's nice to be on the right side of that problem for once and I hope it continues.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Youngwilliam said:

Jack Trengove... we really stunk up draft '09 with our first 2 picks.

37 minutes ago, deanox said:

Harsh. Was a very good player before his foot injury crippled him. 

Yes, let's not forget that he was a very good footballer prior to the foot injury.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

Wingard, Patton have been disasters for them... how nice! 
O’Mera and Scully have been barely average. Suck it Hawks.

Might be time for Clarkson to move on imo. He knows that a draft bonanza like he got with Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, to name a few, happens once in a blue moon and he's ultimately drafted the likes of Paton, Scully, Omeara etc to avoid bottoming out completely. Wingard has been a bust for them. He'd barely crack Port's top 22 now. They have made some strange signings the last few years. Clarkson just seems to be collecting a pay check these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanox said:

Harsh. Was a very good player before his foot injury crippled him. 

He was *solid* in an exceptionally bad side. Nathan Jones was "very good" at the time by that team's standards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear the Hawks supporters moaning about kicking to packs or kicking it straight to us.  It's nice to be on the right side of that problem for once and I hope it continues.

Bigfooty Hawks forum, game day thread. Every second post is a from Hawk supporter gnashing their teeth that they're kicking it to Gawn. Some openly doubting the supercoach.

• Like 2

They have recruited far too many injury prone footballers and it’s come back to bite them on the proverbial.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youngwilliam said:

Trenners was good, more about the bad luck of his foot. But remember, Dustin Martin went #3.

Poor old Trenners suffered from some fake machismo, was told to drink a cup of concrete and play on his sore foot, which wrecked it utterly. Captain has to set an example. A career ruined from the moment he was made captain.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

Might be time for Clarkson to move on imo. He knows that a draft bonanza like he got with Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, to name a few, happens once in a blue moon and he's ultimately drafted the likes of Paton, Scully, Omeara etc to avoid bottoming out completely. Wingard has been a bust for them. He'd barely crack Port's top 22 now. They have made some strange signings the last few years. Clarkson just seems to be collecting a pay check these days.

Wingard has been such a bust especially in what they gave up

I know its bad karma to wish ill will on people, but I couldn't be happier that the Hawks have absolutely [censored] the bed.

The smugness of their club over the last few years just amazes me.  Yes they won flags and well done to them but every time a Hawks supporters pipes up about that I remind them it was when free agency came in and the draft pool was destroyed by GC and GWS leaving teams with no access to talent for development and trading.  Might not be 100% true but, well, stuff them.

The arrogance of there recruiter is on a whole other level and they have backfired massively over the last few years picking up multiple injured players and 'not quite rights' who they believed they could fix and turn into stars.

• Scully with a stuffed ankle is a shadow of his former self.  Lot's hear despise him still and talk him down but his 2016 was sensational and his 2017 year was great as a pure winger until his injury.  He ran hard on the weekend but squibbed at least 2 contests and didnt chase at times as well.
  • Ty Vickery.  Was a battler at the Tigs while the Hawkers were going to turn him into Carey V2.0
  • Jaeger cost them a P10 and second rounder.  Is a B Grader at best
  • Patton looks slow and even before his injury I wonder if he would get a game in stronger teams
  • Jono O'Rourke.  Former P2 bust who they beleived they could turn around

They clearly over rated there list when they brought in Wingard as well.  They bugger off a young talent in Ryan Burton and another first rounder to get him and although he's been good, for that kind of investment you want him being good in September.  No way they will get there.

Mitchell was a steal, I'll give them that.  His injury was awful and I'll be surprised if he gets back to his best.  

Now they have a team full of NQR mercenaries, players impacted by horrific injuries and bugger all talent coming through and I'm very excited to watch a decade of Hawthorn filth.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Deeko2 said:

I know its bad karma to wish ill will on people, but I couldn't be happier that the Hawks have absolutely [censored] the bed.

The smugness of their club over the last few years just amazes me.  Yes they won flags and well done to them but every time a Hawks supporters pipes up about that I remind them it was when free agency came in and the draft pool was destroyed by GC and GWS leaving teams with no access to talent for development and trading.  Might not be 100% true but, well, stuff them.

The arrogance of there recruiter is on a whole other level and they have backfired massively over the last few years picking up multiple injured players and 'not quite rights' who they believed they could fix and turn into stars.

• Scully with a stuffed ankle is a shadow of his former self.  Lot's hear despise him still and talk him down but his 2016 was sensational and his 2017 year was great as a pure winger until his injury.  He ran hard on the weekend but squibbed at least 2 contests and didnt chase at times as well.
  • Ty Vickery.  Was a battler at the Tigs while the Hawkers were going to turn him into Carey V2.0
  • Jaeger cost them a P10 and second rounder.  Is a B Grader at best
  • Patton looks slow and even before his injury I wonder if he would get a game in stronger teams
  • Jono O'Rourke.  Former P2 bust who they beleived they could turn around

Reckon you're spot on.
They hit the jackpot in a couple draft years picking up Hodge, Lewis, Franklin, Roughy and Rioli.
Poached Burgoyne and Gibson and as you said held their position on top with Geelong cherry picking other lists as the rest of the comp squabbled over the draft picks that GCS and GWS didn't want.

And as you say their arrogance believing their "Culture" will turn average players from other clubs into superstars has failed.
Remember they also took Fitzy.

Saw today that Clarkeson still doesn't believe the answer is going back to the draft.
I hope that dooms them to a decade or two in the doldrums.

Edited by Fork 'em

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

A career ruined from the moment he was made captain.

I did not think so at the time, but wiser head  even though very much younger and a Blues supporter said it was a poor decision.

Now I am sure we did stuff it up for both of those players.   

On 7/18/2020 at 9:44 PM, Hannibal Inc. said:

Mea culpa time.  I was wrong about Scully.  I thought his ''cruising speed'' over a 120 minute game of footy together together with his ability to read the play would make him a damaging player.  I misread Sam Blease's best made.  He has the heart of a grape seed.  But because he hasn't played for Melbourne in a long time he goes under the radar.  If he was still with us we'd get pilloried and the soft cork would feel the heat much more.

While I'm at it...

Josh Kelly is as smooth as Egyptian cotton.  But boy, he doesn't like getting his hands dirty.  It's in him to get a hard ball, but right now he's a seagull.  He better pull his finger out or he'll quickly become another overrated player.  There's no press about him, but he should be dominating games and he's presently not much more than a rich man's Scully. 

It's so funny, guys like Kelly, Scully, Jack Martin, O'Meara get touted as "future Brownlow Medallists" or sometimes "multiple future Brownlow Medallists" in Kelly's case without having even played a game of AFL footy!

As Melbourne supporters we know about taking draft prospects hyperbole with a grain of salt but when the footy media and those in the footy industry ge sucked in makes you question just how great their footy knowledge really is

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Demon_spurs said:

What are they saying down at Glenferrie Rd NOW?/????

We were awful tonight, but Melbourne were sensational. When the game was there to be won, we couldn’t get our hands on the ball. There’s not much you can do in that situation, that was some of the best footy I’ve seen all year.

--------------

For as sh*t as we were and all the problems we have I think we have to give credit to Melbourne because they were really good. Gawn dominated.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As Melbourne supporters we know about taking draft prospects hyperbole with a grain of salt but when the footy media and those in the footy industry ge sucked in makes you question just how great their footy knowledge really is

Mostly, they're footy tragics who over time pick up a fair bit here and there from hanging around AFL footy clubs. But they remain footy tragics and most footy forums have knowledgeable contributors who would run rings around them.