Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 06 vs Gold Coast

12 minutes ago, Mental Demons said:

I would only make a couple of changes. Smith does not do enough and every time he gets the ball it looks like he has to think about what to do next. Hore would be a better option if fit. We would have done better if we played Jetta instead of Smith. At the moment Smith is wishful thinking and too aspirational. We play a zone with lots of holes.

The last quarter free kick where he ran straight into Lynch's head at half forward is absolutely basic stuff.

We need to get Sparrow or Jordan in, I don't care if they are miles off. It's not like we are competitive for a whole game, so let's give them a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chazz said:

It does matter. He's being played out of position. Give him a preseason to work on those areas, rather than playing him in a position that doesn't suit him.

It also proves another point. At half time, could have played him at half back, put Salem in the guts, then move Oliver to the forward line. This may or may not have worked, but it changes the look of it up. I honestly can't remember the last time Goodwin made an in-game move where it made me stop and think about it. Imagine how the opposition coaches must feel when they just get the same old Melbourne fronting up each quarter...

So you missed Tomlinson going forward for the second half yesterday? Fritsch coming up the ground. Vanders going wing/on ball and Oliver forward.

Goodwin makes a couple of moves in most games that we are struggling in, but he's got limited options given how many guys just play one position.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Chazz said:

It does matter. He's being played out of position. Give him a preseason to work on those areas, rather than playing him in a position that doesn't suit him.

It also proves another point. At half time, could have played him at half back, put Salem in the guts, then move Oliver to the forward line. This may or may not have worked, but it changes the look of it up. I honestly can't remember the last time Goodwin made an in-game move where it made me stop and think about it. Imagine how the opposition coaches must feel when they just get the same old Melbourne fronting up each quarter...

Yep and this is the most damning summation at all Goodwin refuses to shake things up and try plan B,C D and why is that???

Coz he is delusionally thinking his gameplan A is PENULTIMATLY good. Well sorry but is aint!

20 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

So you missed Tomlinson going forward for the second half yesterday? Fritsch coming up the ground. Vanders going wing/on ball and Oliver forward.

Goodwin makes a couple of moves in most games that we are struggling in, but he's got limited options given how many guys just play one position.

Bang! so we have little flexible options? And why is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Changes for me:

Bennell for AVB

Jetta for Hunt (With Salem to play HFF, one of the few players that can hit a target in our team.)

Weideman for Melksham. 

Special instructions for Oliver to focus on his disposal and understand that getting disposals that put team mates under more pressure than him will see him dropped. Similar to the comparison between the Crouch brothers and Hugh Greenwood, I'd rather see effective disposal and a team role than high numbers that are borderline useless. 

Open to considering a swing in roles in game between Smith and TMac if Smith continues in the backline as he is... He is more suited to a lever like role than a key back. Lacking a 2nd key back to help May at the moment... 

Edited by Ouch!
  • Like 2

If Smith gets another game I’d return the eight memberships I purchased to help the club back to the club if I’d actually received them..

Drop: Smith, Melksham, Lockhart, Lever, Hunt 
In: Jetta, Jones, OMac, Bennell, Weideman (to play deep forward). 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Outs: Forward line.

Ins : Hopes and prayers, heavy drinking and possibly some hallucinogenic drugs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

FB: Jetta May Lockhart

HB: Hibberd Lever Salem

Centre: Tomlinson Viney Langdon

HF: Petracca Weideman Fritsch

FF: Pickett T. McDonald Smith

Foll: Gawn Oliver Harmes

Int: Jones Bennell Hannan Brayshaw

solid 

I don't see why we didn't play a team like this from round 2 onwards

If Melk, Hunt and AVB play it'll be awful 

Goodwin needs to get over himself and his terrible strategies (if he has any?) and put out a team with a good spine and some flare 

it's what most good teams do but somehow we don't... 

• Like 2

We may well beat the Suns but it will be a false dawn.

Weideman in for someone and O Mac in for Smith

Care factor is pretty well zero

May as well get Jones to 300 and improve Bennell so we can offer him a fat contract and... well we know what will happen

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I’ll take some Fentanyl if you can get your hands on some. 

Im in charge at work this afternoon so i have the S8 safe keys. Getting some wont be a problem.... Staying out of jail might be a bit of an issue though.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

What's unpredictable about those types of moves?

Besides, from what I saw I don't think Oliver spent much time forward in the 2nd half, Fritsch moving up the ground a bit was part of the medium size forward rotation that Goodwin is playing. And to be honest, I don't recall Tomlinson playing many minutes forward either. I could be wrong, and will happily admit it if I am, bit I certainly won't be watching the replay to prove the point either way.

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

? Oliver out and OMac in, give me strength.  If this happens, my days of following footy are over.  

Don’t be so dramatic. Oliver is in a form-slump. It happens. 

• Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

If Smith gets another game I’d return the eight memberships I purchased to help the club back to the club if I’d actually received them..

Drop: Smith, Melksham, Lockhart, Lever, Hunt 
In: Jetta, Jones, OMac, Bennell, Weideman (to play deep forward). 

Yeah Smith is the problem. We definitely lost because he kept his man to 9 disposals and 1 goal and had 1 turnover after a team mate handballed to his feet. Absolutely the team will be saved by replacing him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Yeah Smith is the problem. We definitely lost because he kept his man to 9 disposals and 1 goal and had 1 turnover after a team mate handballed to his feet. Absolutely the team will be saved by replacing him. 

Not my point but thanks for your continued contribution. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

I think we will be playing on smaller grounds so quicks not as important.  We need talks in forward line.  Jones to be given games to get to his milestone and for him to play forward. He’s a good kick and reads ball well.

Ins  Jetta, Bennell, Weiderman Jones

outs  Hunt, AVB, Lockhart, Smith 

last chance: Pickett, Melksham 

B:   Jetta   May   Rivers

HB:  Salem  Lever  Hibberd

C.   Langdon.  Harmes   Tomlinson

HF:   Petracca.  Weiderman.  Bennell

F:   Pickett.    T Mac.   Fritsch 

Foll:  Gawn   Oliver   Brayshaw 

int:  melksham   Viney.  Hannan.   Jones

Surely we need to bring in a tall forward, and Melksham has got to be moved to a HFF instead of deep forward, he can actually deliver the ball in an 2018 was ranked towards the top for goal assists. Lockhart, Smith & Hunt have to go. AVB needs run in his legs, but we have enough of his type, we need some skill. The issue for me is Lever. Whatever money he is on, he isn't earning it. He's been as badly beaten as Lockhart /Smith and I couldn't tell you the last time he took an intercept mark. Time to turn up the heat on him. Can't believe I'm saying bring back OMac...god help us al. 

In - Jetta, OMac, Weideman, Bennell, 

Out - Lockhart, Smith, Hunt, AVB

B: Jetta   May.    Lever

HB:  Salem OMac Hibberd

C. Langdon  Oliver.   Tomlinson

HF. Melksham.   Weideman.     Bennell

F.   Pickett     T Mac.   Fritsch

Foll:  Gawn. Petracca.  Brayshaw

I. Harmes, Viney, Hannan, Rivers

I'd like to see Jones back in if his body's right. 

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

FB: Jetta May Lockhart

HB: Hibberd Lever Salem

Centre: Tomlinson Viney Langdon

HF: Petracca Weideman Fritsch

FF: Pickett T. McDonald Smith

Foll: Gawn Oliver Harmes

Int: Jones Bennell Hannan Brayshaw

You have my vote CB but that will never fly because you have players playing where they play best.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OUT:

Rivers: has showed some good signs and I'm confident he'll be a player.  With some errors creeping in, needs to take a break and develop and freshen-up away from the spotlight.

Smith: He has his fans on here, but I'm not one of them.  Bringing in Oscar as a stopper should free up Lever. 

vandenBerg: Huge fan of his, but he's not making a big enough impact.  Can hurt the opposition with his tackling, but doesn't hurt them with his possessions. 

Hunt: Not a natural ball-finder and therefore needs a lot to go right for him to have a big impact.  Plays a similar style and role to Hannan but, as Hannan kicked 3, Hunt goes out.

IN:  Jetta, O.Mcdonald, Bennell, Weideman

FB:     JETTA                 MAY.                LEVER.  

HB:    SALEM.       O.MCDONALD.    HIBBERD. 

C       LANGDON.     OLIVER.      TOMLINSON.

HF:    BENNELL.    T.MCDONALD.   BENNELL. 

FF:     PICKETT.      WEIDEMAN.        FRITSCH.  

Fol:    GAWN.          BRAYSHAW.     PETRACCA.  

Int:     HARMES,    HANNAN,   VINEY,     LOCKHART

THIN ICE: Pickett, Lockhart, Melksham.

17 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

No Brown - please

Hunt will make way for Jones methinks

What about this Jbo.?

Jetta May Smith......

Hibbo Tomlinson Fritsch.....

Langdon Brayshaw Salem.......

Melksham Lever Hannan....... 

Pickett TMc Oliver

Gawn Petracca Viney

ANB AVB Jones Rivers

Get O'Mac in to lock down the number 1 fwd, bennel and Jones for some skill.  Another tall fwd to ease T'Macs work load. And Melksham has to be out.  Bedford's pace might be nice if he can squeeze in somehow

I dont know how long we can have Oliver, Brayshaw, Petracca, Viney, Harmes, and vanders in our mids, all the same type player.  Seasons end one or two may need to be traded.  Viney and Petracca the most currency id say, with Petracca and Oliver being untouchable.