Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Richmond

Demonland

3 minutes ago, dworship said:

I tried to make a habit of not reading/ commenting on this site after a loss (and for that matter a win). But tonight I cannot help myself. I understand the angst and the heartbreak of seeing so many try and fail. But can someone that understands logic please explain to me how any Umpire with half a brain can say " I know he didn't have prior opportunity but he has to make a genuine attempt" What muppet wrote this (if indeed that is what the rule is) and coaches /instructs the Umpires.

Surely, if you don't have prior opportunity you cannot have any kind of attempt genuine or otherwise. I saw this incorrectly payed  as a free multiple times across the round. MFCSS of course dictates that it's payed to the opposition 20m out directly in front, halts all our momentum and the make up one is paid with no chance of it having any influence on the scores.

I'm rapidly getting to the stage that I will not watch any AFL games other than to watch a Melbourne win after the fact.

I often hear it said that you need people who understand football, making decisions/ changes at AFL house. I would just settle for someone that understands logic.

I lost count how many other times a player took possession and was immediately tackled - and made absolutely zero attempt to dispose. But all of a sudden prior opportunity kicked in again.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Youngwilliam said:

How funny would it be for their flight check-in. Sorry Mr Goodwin, there is no seat here for you in the system.

Can't imagine Simon would find it that funny. Though i'm sure he would find some learnings from the experience 

Edited by binman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I don't understand the hatred for Smith he is a young kid making his way and kept Riewoldt to 1 goal. He did his job, Lever is a bigger problem on big bucks and does nothing week in week out. The worst recruit we have had by a country mile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Richo..... Earn your money fella! 

Yes you wonder about this one
Richo is a great Communicator on TV

He was great on AFL 360

But what is his job now?

The Gamestyle is still broken, that is easy to see. 
Players are going to burn another Coach

Supporters all over the Internet have let fly tonight

The drums have started to rumble

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

When do you think they'll get better, Saty?

Time for some tough calls?

Geelong killed us playing keepings off - they didn't look like missing a target

You attend training...do they actually practise their field kicking??

I can answer that, Training is done at about 30% of actual AFL Pressure. !

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What does Goodwin do on GameDay though? Does Goodwin select the team on a Thursday? He is the one who selected Smith on Riewoldt and kept him there. He is the one who refuses to play a 2nd tall forward.  He is the one who won't play Jones or Jetta whenwe are crying out for onfield leadership. He is the one who won't play Bennell when we are crying out for good ball users. He is the one who refuses to play Harmes in the middle and persists with Oliver and Viney though they are both one dimensional players who have had zero impact on games for 18 months.

I could go on.

The coach does not select the team. There’s a committee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, President Dee Trump said:

The coach does not select the team. There’s a committee.

No its not like the old days Goodwin gets what he wants ALWAYS! Otherwise it pointless him being coach

1 hour ago, loges said:

Re Kozzie, will be a star as you say but you need not to look dangerous you actually need to be dangerous. It will come but it's not there yet.

Yep and I was howled down by @Wiseblood this week for saying as much. He is a kid who needs development for his confidence at this level. Bennell is a better option right now. 

On 5/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, Cards13 said:

He looks like a glass bbq enthusiast from Dandenong. 

I’m sure I’ve seen him driving an early 2000s white commodore, late at night in winter with all the windows down, with no T-shirt on. 

1 hour ago, Demongirl35 said:

Ugly and embarrassing.

melks had a player running to his right, tries to get around man on the mark and gets tackled. Brain fade.

Tomlinson backed out of how many contests. Chipped it inside 50 to someone with players right on his [censored]. Might as well boot it closer to goal. 

May kicks it to a player with 3 tigers on him in the middle of the ground. 

a lot of these things you can’t coach but you know what you can do as a coach? Not put up with that and have that type of player in your team. Discuss those things with that player and make them earn a spot.

goodwin changing absolutely nothing. I never see him on the phone.  Hardwick was going nuts in the box at one stage. Good! He expects more!!! 

smith wtf??? I just can’t. But hey, goody will keep him in  for the rest of the year. Why not! It’s the goody way.

tmac was our second forward option in 2018 and had the second best defender hence why he was fantastic. Either put him down back, bring a big tall in or p**s him off. 

I just can’t deal

Totally agree about your comment in regards to Tomlinson. When the game was up for grabs; decided not to impose or put body on the line. Was a flat track bully at GWS, now just flat.

11 minutes ago, Youngwilliam said:

How funny would it be for their flight check-in. Sorry Mr Goodwin, there is no seat here for you in the system.

Gallant then went on to coach Las Vegas Golden Knights, an expansion team, to the finals and almost to the Stanley Cup Finals in year 1 and 2 of their existence. He was fired this year, mid season and losing his job to a coach he hated from his same division who had been fired earlier in the season. Amazing stuff.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Yep and I was howled down by @Wiseblood this week for saying as much. He is a kid who needs development for his confidence at this level. Bennell is a better option right now. 

Game looks too fast for Kossi right now. He will develop if we don't ruin him first. 2 more games for Kossi and rate if he stays or gets a rest.

I am starting to think we have done a Richmond circa Spuds time as coach and that is seriously over rate our own list and sell the farm thinking where closer to a flag than we are. We have so many issues it’s not funny, sadly the club thought injuries were the only problem last year if only that was the case. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

So shiited off with these shortened 3/4 length games.  Despite the melt down started by Oliver in the last 5 minutes, we were playing all over Richmond in the second half and almost looked like the 2018 edition MFC streaming through the centre of the ground.

I know some will say that we were playing an undermanned Tigers down their ruckman and only one on the bench, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes and I recall the ANZAC game in 2017 when we lost Jake Spencer in the first 5 mins, had Jack Watts ruck the whole game and then were out on our feet in the last quarter, got over run an pipped at the post.

Despite a few woeful plays and players today, I feel like we are actually not that far off playing some decent footy when we move it through the middle and take the game on more.

That's the problem some good signs but it's just gobsmacking how we turn a gilt edged scoring opportunity for us into a scoring opportunity for the opposition through stupidity or a skill error. Even Petracca who was good turns beautifully out of trouble then handballs to the opposition.

38 minutes ago, Vineytime said:

I’ve played/ coached for 30+ yrs, I’m well aware of that. 
Goal kicking is totally seperate to what I’m talking about, field kicking, hand balling, marking - it’s poor at best and probably along with Adel & Freo the worst in the comp. 

Our key on ballers are the main culprits - Viney, Oliver. 

The point being that players can improve their kicking throughout their career.