Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 05 vs Richmond

Diamond_Jim

56 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

When's Petty ready to go? Was starting to look like a real player before set back.

Indefinite! Osteo pubis I suspect. 

If that was any of OMac, ANB, Lever, The Wagners etc that go caught holding the ball 3 times and joking around after giving up a goal on the siren this place would be in meltdown.

No more selection favours. Lockhart out.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

In: one of the 3 tall forwards currently fit

Just watched the Goodwin post-match press conference. We was asked about the possibility of another tall (e.g. Wied or Brown) up forward and he was adamant the current mix was to be persevered with. Hard to fathom based on today's performance.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

It won’t happen but Salem should be dropped to send a message. He showed no effort or intent. - a very lazy game. Vanders has to go. Surely Weed has to be given a go.

Most disappointing player on our list for mine.

Promised so much a few years ago and has not kicked on.  He would be a star at Hawthorn.

Edited by TheKozzieExperience
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

It won’t happen but Salem should be dropped to send a message. He showed no effort or intent. - a very lazy game. Vanders has to go. Surely Weed has to be given a go.

Salem was shocking today. Barely got his hands on the ball, but worse he showed zero intensity and skirted a few contests. Really disappointing as he should be coming into his prime and performing consistently by now, but instead he’s still hit and miss 7 years into his career and about to turn 25 years old.

7 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Just watched the Goodwin post-match press conference. We was asked about the possibility of another tall (e.g. Wied or Brown) up forward and he was adamant the current mix was to be persevered with. Hard to fathom based on today's performance.

Goodwin pigheaded about poor decisions? Colour me shocked...

44 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Our forwards were smashed in the air, we can’t count on a two-gamer in Pickett to pick up the crumbs whenever it hits the ground. Additionally, I can’t believe Smith is getting a game ahead of OMac. 

Out: AVB, Smith, Hannan

In: ANB, OMac, Brown/Weid

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Shocked 2

26 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

If that was any of OMac, ANB, Lever, The Wagners etc that go caught holding the ball 3 times and joking around after giving up a goal on the siren this place would be in meltdown.

No more selection favours. Lockhart out.

This ⇧. Lockhart was terrible. So was Hannan.

Lockhart ⇨ Jetta.

Hannan ⇨ Jones.

Just now, wretched.sylph said:

This ⇧. Lockhart was terrible. So was Hannan.

Lockhart ⇨ Jetta.

Hannan ⇨ Jones.

Thought Hannan was ok tbh, but maybe I need to watch it again.

I'd have vandenBerg out for Jones. (Personally would pick Bennell but the post-match from Goody sounded like he wouldn't be picked)

• Like 2

I've only seen the first half and 5 minutes of the third, so I've missed what seem to be Lockhart's big errors, but from what I saw there's no way Lockhart gets dropped. What he showed in the first half was miles above what Jetta's been giving us in that role since the start of 2019. 

I'm also shocked to see any calls to drop Tomlinson. He was clearly one of our best in the first half and he's one of the few consistent two-way runners.

Salem was poor, but the bigger problem is the forward half. We're not going in with the right line up and it needs to be changed.

We've made big calls dropping Jones and Jetta, it's time to make the same call on Melksham I think. We need another tall forward so someone has to come out.

Other than a structural fix to our forward line, the improvement we need to see isn't going to come from making changes to the 22, it can only come from the 22 we put out there improving individually and as a team.

• Like 4

Just now, titan_uranus said:

I've only seen the first half and 5 minutes of the third, so I've missed what seem to be Lockhart's big errors, but from what I saw there's no way Lockhart gets dropped. What he showed in the first half was miles above what Jetta's been giving us in that role since the start of 2019. 

I'm also shocked to see any calls to drop Tomlinson. He was clearly one of our best in the first half and he's one of the few consistent two-way runners.

Salem was poor, but the bigger problem is the forward half. We're not going in with the right line up and it needs to be changed.

We've made big calls dropping Jones and Jetta, it's time to make the same call on Melksham I think. We need another tall forward so someone has to come out.

Other than a structural fix to our forward line, the improvement we need to see isn't going to come from making changes to the 22, it can only come from the 22 we put out there improving individually and as a team.

Perhaps watch the second half mate, it may change your mind like it did mine.

2 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Thought Hannan was ok tbh, but maybe I need to watch it again.

I'd have vandenBerg out for Jones. (Personally would pick Bennell but the post-match from Goody sounded like he wouldn't be picked)

I think vandenBerg is needed for tackling pressure. if vanders has to be dropped then ANB should come in.

i want Jones in for his ball-use and accurate goal-kicking.

I also think Fritsch and Hannan are too similiar — one or the other for mine.

30 minutes ago, gs77 said:

If that is the case, he can go before next week. Watch Alir Alir have a field day picking us off next week. 

I feel like we simply have to play one of Brown/Weideman just to give ourselves another target. 

I'd be tempted to play Salem further up the ground, and bring Jetta in. 

Out: Lochart, Hannan 

In: Brown, Jetta 

5 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I feel like we simply have to play one of Brown/Weideman just to give ourselves another target. 

I'd be tempted to play Salem further up the ground, and bring Jetta in. 

Out: Lochart, Hannan 

In: Brown, Jetta 

i agree, but it's not going to happen (Brown/2nd tall).

8 minutes ago, wretched.sylph said:

I think vandenBerg is needed for tackling pressure. if vanders has to be dropped then ANB should come in.

i want Jones in for his ball-use and accurate goal-kicking.

Actually that's a good point. If you compared ANB's game against Carlton and vandeBerg's game today.... Hoooo boy.

9 minutes ago, wretched.sylph said:

You're right they are...but Fritsch is again being played out of position this year.

Back last year and too deep forward this year.

42 minutes ago, gs77 said:

34 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Goodwin pigheaded about poor decisions? Colour me shocked...

I've lost any faith in him as a coach.

Look at today, small forward line and again we bombed in too much.

Then we allowed them to chip the ball around at will.

Uncontested marks were embarrassing.

Surely you adjust to take away their strength, particularly if we've gone in small. You expect forward pressure but there is none if they can chip and mark at will.

15 minutes ago, wretched.sylph said:

For me it has to be Bennell, I know it won't be.

We have enough contested players in the team, one less won't matter.

We don't have skill & class.

I was going to say one more might make a difference but possibly he is our only one.

16 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I'd be tempted to play Salem further up the ground

Yep, maybe or at least give Brayshaw a bit more game time ahead of Jack.

We could change our midfield mix with Salem but he is a lazy footballer unfortunately.

Something else i think worth mentioning is that the more changes that are made the more difficult it will be for the players to find the "cohesion" they so clearly lack atm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Actually that's a good point. If you compared ANB's game against Carlton and vandeBerg's game today.... Hoooo boy.

AVB is unfortunately one of those players that gets better in the fans eyes the less games he plays.

Vanders has a red hot go but he was underdone and his skill set is really VFL level on the cusp of AFL.

Without the injuries he would have been handy but they have taken there toll on his fitness level and development.

He's never going to be an answer, just depth.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Perhaps watch the second half mate, it may change your mind like it did mine.

That may well be the case. His mistakes will have to be outrageously bad for me to consider returning to Jetta after just one game though.

• Like 2