Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Angus Brayshaw

Neitas bump

Centre bounce attendances from our games so far.

Marsh 1: (total 29)
Oliver 23
Petracca 23
Viney 21 
Sparrow 17

Marsh 2 (total 21)
Petracca 19
Oliver 15
Viney 14
Brayshaw 12

Round 1 (total 23)
Oliver 19
Viney 18
Petracca 17
Brayshaw 15

I'd expect a reasonably similar ratio from yesterdays game. Of course that doesn't factor in to account what role the players are taking on within that system, but I think Gus got at least some run of it in the middle.

My concern is more he's surplus of the same type of player more than whether he's completely fallen off the cliff or not. For a team that needs his skillset I'd imagine he'd still do the job.

Edited by DeeSpencer

24 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I'm glad your not list manager.

Jordon will be in the starting midfield before the finals.

He is a yarrawonga boy like myself so I've seen his football growing up as he is good friends with my younger brother.

Watched a live game of him last year. 

Hes a good kid with maturity beyond his years.

But seriously mate, he might get a game or two but to suggest he'll overtake Brayshaw is simply laughable. He is a good honest plodder, who struggles first half of the year at VFL last year.

I'll revisit this thread when he's starting mid by the end od the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Credit where credits due then. I personally was more of mid 2019 Let's trade him for Brad Hill typa guy.

unfortunately it's not something that makes me happy :(

i completely understand why we signed him up but north were prepared to offer him big coin so we could've got a decent trade for him at the time

all his 'value' has diminished as @DeeSpencer said

i really thought after his first year that he was going to be a ripper for us off half-back more than thru the midfield, but his disposal has somehow got worse since then and his lack of accountability defensively is atrocious

On the body language issue I watched him closely many times when he would come to the bench in a VFL game. It was during his dark days and I was worried that he simply wasn't enjoying the game. After a while I realised that his almost manic solitude is how he gets the best out of himself.

So in short don't worry about the body language.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He is a yarrawonga boy like myself so I've seen his football growing up as he is good friends with my younger brother.

Watched a live game of him last year. 

Hes a good kid with maturity beyond his years.

But seriously mate, he might get a game or two but to suggest he'll overtake Brayshaw is simply laughable. He is a good honest plodder, who struggles first half of the year at VFL last year.

I'll revisit this thread when he's starting mid by the end od the year.

He did struggle first half of the year but he grew wings in the second half.

Fingers crossed for him.

1 hour ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

north were prepared to offer him a hefty contract at the end of 2018 but instead we signed him up to a fairly decent one instead

he's one more poor year away from being worth a lot less than a third rounder

Brayshaw's game was better than half of the team that played in the same match yesterday. It was a fair game and there is nothing to be concerned with. I am sure  he isn't too far away of producing good consistent  footy. Your concern shouldn't be Gus it should be the whole team that isn't   gelling well at the minute. Goody and co has to find a way. 

I think that all us supporters are feeling the pressures of the team that isn't at their best. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Chief said:

Sparrow is a far better prospective  mid than Jordan. Just needs some luck with injuries. 

Loved Sparrows game from the marsh game against Adelaide.

Unfortunately he's pretty much the same player as Viney. Doubt he'll get much of a look unless injuries.

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Centre bounce attendances from our games so far.

Marsh 1: (total 29)
Oliver 23
Petracca 23
Viney 21 
Sparrow 17

Marsh 2 (total 21)
Petracca 19
Oliver 15
Viney 14
Brayshaw 12

Round 1 (total 23)
Oliver 19
Viney 18
Petracca 17
Brayshaw 15

I'd expect a reasonably similar ratio from yesterdays game. Of course that doesn't factor in to account what role the players are taking on within that system, but I think Gus got at least some run of it in the middle.

My concern is more he's surplus of the same type of player more than whether he's completely fallen off the cliff or not. For a team that needs his skillset I'd imagine he'd still do the job.

Where can I see this data? I saw it reported for R1 in the AFL Fantasy news.

2 hours ago, Neitas bump said:

This is what I am wondering. I feel like he has intrinsically lost interest. His body language and lack of competitive drive being the main catalysts 

If he is not getting midfield minutes, he should be, and maybe that is why he has lost the competitive flare we saw in his first few years.

I think we are over analysing his attitude and getting into conspiracy theories territory. I would rate his disposal as better than Viney, but Viney gets first chop.  Gus and Clarrie were brilliant in 2018 as a combination , but they are not working together b ecause Viney is back and he is a see ball.... get ball  ....make sure noone else gets it player  . Yesterday, he had limited time yet had 15 disposals and 5 tackles. There are a few to look at yestrday before you get to him

• Like 2

Brayshaw’s performance is directly linked to the current game plan and team rules. 
He’s a good footballer being wasted in another flawed campaign. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

north were prepared to offer him a hefty contract at the end of 2018 but instead we signed him up to a fairly decent one instead

he's one more poor year away from being worth a lot less than a third rounder

Hey,  'wwsw',  it's not Too late,  yet.

Lets see,  how the next 6 weeks pan out.?

1 hour ago, Bay Riffin said:

Yes let’s chop a bloke because he’s not playing Brownlow football. Have some patience. Look at weitering yesterday. 18 months ago another lost draft pick at Carlton. Now developing into an elite backman and could e got votes yesterday. 

And wouldn't Weitering be looking good in Red&Blue.

Not enough of a sample size for 2020 yet - Before you all stick the boots in, he copped a big hit yesterday from McKay arriving late at a pack, initially I thought he was playing for a free, but I reckon he was out of it after half time. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Not enough of a sample size for 2020 yet - Before you all stick the boots in, he copped a big hit yesterday from McKay arriving late at a pack, initially I thought he was playing for a free, but I reckon he was out of it after half time. 

the guy can play,but we have to sort out our insides hard types and add some class into the midfield mix. I think 3 hard in-unders to rotate,  plus some class with some speed to also play inside/close, at the centre bounce.

Wingers are a different bunch again, and imv,  we still need to draft another quick, skilled wing type, to develop.

10 hours ago, McQueen said:

Brayshaw’s performance is directly linked to the current game plan and team rules. 
He’s a good footballer being wasted in another flawed campaign. 

Harmes also along with Brayshaw

HE IS NOT A BACKMAN!!  goodwin is completely lost

• Like 2

11 hours ago, McQueen said:

If true that is an indictment on Brayshaw.

A skilled, talented professional footballer - a 2nd draft pick no less - should be able to play to a high level even if the game plan, team rules and even the position they are played in don't 'suit' them.

Sure they may not have optimal output in those scenarios but it speaks of a lack of mental strength and rubbish attitude if they can't  - or worse, won't perform to an acceptable level. Or alternatively they are one dimensional and simply not that good.

The second best junior in the country should be able to play top footy wherever he plays and whatever the team system or rules are.

• Like 1

One lasting memory is of Brayshaw’s brave and thrilling intercept mark at Geelong when he was playing half back a few years ago.. it was inspirational and defining.

Put him back there where he’s accountable and let Harmes resume his on ball role

Edited by joeboy
  • Like 1

i thought he was good on Saturday. yeah he had a crap year last year, but who didn't. I thought at times on the weekend he looked to be back near his ball hunting and bulldozing best, plowing through the opposition to get the ball and had some important touches around the packs to get the ball going our way.

also Gus got an elbow injury in pre season and looked a run or two behind the other mids coming into the season, but i'm not worried by his numbers as someone has to take the back seat in the midfield behind Clarry, Viney and Petracca. they cant all be in there winning the ball at once. 

• Like 1