Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Virus, DeeLanders and looking after each other

frankie_d

22 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

photos please? did you get the rego?

name and shame time

Nope, not done. I was just confounded in the re-recognition of the behaviours by the same people. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, demonstone said:

Come on mate, it's obvious that you've either just made this up yourself or you've re-posted something from a dodgy source that you believe or wish to be true.

Iv'e got a story that is even harder to believe, but I swear to god it's true.

Went into the local Woolies in Airlie Beach yesterday and found people calmly going about their shopping with zero sign of hoarding, panic buying or aggression, all while keeping a respectful distance from each other.

Found fridges fully stocked with fresh milk, fruit and veg, and no price gouging by the supermarket. That's not at all what the media has been telling me to expect.

Todays world - a staff member with a squirt bottle of alcohol spraying the EFTPOS machine, counter, bags, register actually everything within reach the moment I picked up my bags of goodies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I work as part of a team that puts together bespoke safaris in Africa and we were told that we'll be going down to a four day week. With the world in lockdown nobody will be booking anything for quite some time unfortunately so that four days could end up being much less if things don't turn around relatively soon. 

I had made plans to go for an early morning swim each day off but now that the local pool has been shut indefinitely I'll be out on the bike riding the capital city trail to keep the serotonin levels up. If anyone happens to be out on the track early doors I'll be donning a mint green helmet with the little Dees bumper sticker placed discreetly on the back. Happy to stop for a coffee and chat (at arms length of course) in one of my favourite hole in the wall cafes along the route if you flag me down. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Board Games are back

waddington’s Formula 1 ? 

Scotland Yard pretty damn good "Hunting Mister X"

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, frankie_d said:

It's maudlin, but it's true. If this kicks off like it has in Europe, this will be the last season of footy for some DeeLanders. Forced retirement, not 4 to 6.

I'm not quite sure what we can do to look after each other; we share a love for this Club and have endured together through so much [censored]. I saw a flag in '64, but I'm not sure my son will. It might just be worth checking in on each other once in a while. If you get crook, you might like to let DL know. We are, as they say, all in this together, and the odd (queue @Bitter but optimistic) message might lift the spirits.

This isn't a drill. Stay safe. Stay at home.

Go Dees.

Well thank you Frankie.

I must say I'm not always very scientific but we all must try and do our bit in these difficult times.

To that end, my BDSM club made, made what I consider, a very thoughtful attempt at responsible behaviour during our weekend soiree .

In order to abide by the conventions of "social distancing" we simply used longer whips. No fuss but quite effective.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Well thank you Frankie.

I must say I'm not always very scientific but we all must try and do our bit in these difficult times.

To that end, my BDSM club made, made what I consider, a very thoughtful attempt at responsible behaviour during our weekend soiree .

In order to abide by the conventions of "social distancing" we simply used longer whips. No fuss but quite effective.

That's exactly the sort of creative spirit that will get us all over the bridge.

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, ding said:

Quality thread idea.

So my flight to Bangkok got cancelled. I was due to go there on April 6 to my wifes home in rural Thailand. We have been married for 7 years, but i havent seen her since early July last year. Now it looks like its going to be somewhere around 18 months by the time i see her again face to face. Sent emails today to Thai Airways and also for the internal flights airline in the hope of a refund. Cant cancel my leave as the roster is already full. Cant fly to the Brothers place in QLD either as i would be lucky to get there, and almost certain not to get a flight home.. My gym is now closed so i cant go there either. 

So i called work and told them i am happy to cover any shifts i can during my annual leave if our nurses need extra time off to care for their kids who now have no school to attend. There WILL be some who have to take extra time off now that School isnt an option for the ruggies.

Easy to feel sorry for myself, and i did have my moments.

Then i remember that my job as a Nurse makes me safe from the threat of job loss. I am even in the position that i could tell my daughter not to worry herself sick about losing her job at Bunnings as i can cover her mortgage until she gets some income. 

Sure, im also in an industry where my risk of catching "The bug" is fairly high, and i do have a health condition that makes my risk of death from it almost 15%, but hey, it could be much worse. As long as i dont infect my 79-80 Yo. parents with something i bought home from work, it should be ok. Will feel pretty rubbish if i bring home the bug that kills them.

So yeah, its crap that i cant see the Wife for ages. What can you do.

I feel a lot less sorry for myself when i see the lines at Centerlink on todays news.So many people losing their jobs with 10's or even 100's of thousands of others still to lose theirs.

Be nice to your neighbors and dont abuse the poor checkout chick for the 1 pack pasta limit. Its not her fault.

Stay classy and look after each other in whatever way you can.

You stay classy too ding!

I hope you get to see your wife in the very near future.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I work as part of a team that puts together bespoke safaris in Africa and we were told that we'll be going down to a four day week. With the world in lockdown nobody will be booking anything for quite some time unfortunately so that four days could end up being much less if things don't turn around relatively soon. 

I had made plans to go for an early morning swim each day off but now that the local pool has been shut indefinitely I'll be out on the bike riding the capital city trail to keep the serotonin levels up. If anyone happens to be out on the track early doors I'll be donning a mint green helmet with the little Dees bumper sticker placed discreetly on the back. Happy to stop for a coffee and chat (at arms length of course) in one of my favourite hole in the wall cafes along the route if you flag me down. 

Stick fast Rab. Hope your chip fryer is still OK. 
As Rab would Say “No one of these bloody jobs exist do they? Christ, y'just stick them up there to take the bare look off the walls.” 

Edited by america de cali

35 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You stay classy too ding!

I hope you get to see your wife in the very near future.

I had to lol at the RB reference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, america de cali said:

Stick fast Rab. Hope your chip fryer is still OK. 
As Rab would Say “No one of these bloody jobs exist do they? Christ, y'just stick them up there to take the bare look off the walls.” 

Ha! I wasn’t sure if anyone on here would have heard of Govan’s finest waster. Never used a chip fryer myself as I’d be terrified of burning the house down. 

As long as I have access to good quality coffee, beer and craic during this break in proceedings I’m sure I’ll come out the other end with my sanity intact. 

8 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

I wish I had learned how to play chess.

I wish i had the slightest interest in learning how to play chess.

To the person who opened the thread after seeing a new post only to read this.....sucked in.

God this is going to be a long 10 weeks.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Here’s hoping it is not full

I will be interested to see if there is any protocol when boarding 

Plane ✈️ was absolutely full

Could not believe it. Every person inside Suvarnabhumi Airport must have got on my flight. 
Day 2 Isolation 

CF2D7D64-4274-43C3-90F2-955C72933EED.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Plane ✈️ was absolutely full

Could not believe it. Every person inside Suvarnabhumi Airport must have got on my flight. 
Day 2 Isolation 

CF2D7D64-4274-43C3-90F2-955C72933EED.jpeg

Your sock appears to have a hole in it.

• Haha 2